General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

1 minute ago, Lau said:

I could have sworn you could choose who said it...oh well.

Thank you, this clears up a lot! :)

You can choose the announcer during battle and who talks to you in the menus. That is unlocked after getting a few supports (I can't quite remember how many, but I don't think it's too many). However, the opening where they are like 'Fire Emblem Warriors' is random.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Azz said:

1) How soon can you choose Marth to say "Fire Emblem Warriors"? Do you need to get to the SD maps, or is it from the get go?

I'd assume it's random among the characters you've unlocked, which means you have to clear chapter 14, after which Marth, Caeda and Tiki join.

27 minutes ago, Lau said:

4) How long does it take to reach the support conversations?

I dunno - I got Chrom and Robin to max their support rank without even trying (read: within the 3 chapters on the route split). Which makes me think that some characters have faster supports than others...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 hour ago, Azz said:

3)As soon as you get the game. You can only use DLC characters in Free Mode, which is unlocked after beating each mission. At least, I'm pretty sure that's the case, I got the DLC after beating Story Mode.

@Lau You're able to use them in the story as soon as you beat chapter 2.  Within regular story mode.  In other words, you can use the characters as you progress through the story, and they'll all be available almost immediately - even the characters that are supposed to show up later in the story are available right away.

I got this game well after first DLC pack released, and trust me, the availability of the DLC Fates characters in the regular story stuck out like a sore thumb.  On that note, all DLC characters start at level 1, so you either gotta spend in-game money to get them up to speed or you have to grind them up, at least if you're far enough into the game where you don't want to be using low level units like them.  Same goes for the post-game characters for no discernible reason.

7 hours ago, Lau said:

1) How soon can you choose Marth to say "Fire Emblem Warriors"? Do you need to get to the SD maps, or is it from the get go?

If you are talking about the title screen it's random who says it depending on which characters you have unlocked. If you are talking about the navigator during battle and the menu screens then you have to raise Marth's support level with other characters a certain number of time (unfortunately I don't remember exactly how much but you'll want Marth to support everyone anyways in order to pass Paragon around).

7 hours ago, Lau said:

3) How soon can you buy the Season Pass? Right as you boot the game up, or later on? Can you use the DLC characters as you progress through the story mode?

As soon as you get the game. DLC characters can be used after chapter 2 of story mode. Do note however that Azura will be broken if you keep her Blessed Lance equipped since it has far higher MT(160) than any other weapon you'll have at the moment but is extremely helpful for dealing with monsters on Chapter 14/15 if you don't like using mages.

7 hours ago, Lau said:

4) How long does it take to reach the support conversations?

Depends which characters you are trying to support. Characters from the same game support faster with each other. Example: Marth with Caeda/Tiki, Xander with Leo/Elise/Niles, etc. Anna/Celica/Lyn take the longest to support grind with everyone. Otherwise they will take awhile unless you bought the DLC. Fates DLC has Bond Charm which lets characters gain support points until you hit the max unless you don't have their C and B support level yet. Shadow Dragon's DLC will also have a blessing to help speed up the support grinding.

Hopes that helps.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Now that it's been out for a while, what's the consensus on Fury Builder? Worth putting on everybody's personal weapons like Armor Strike and Pair Up+, or is it mostly just a waste of a slot?

On Camilla it's pretty g since her running C1 is broken and racks up kills really well, but I think having it on anyone else is not needed since more often you're switching often that you don't see the benefits, or at least I never did.

I think the new skill coming with the update that makes it easier to break weak point gauges will be a good skill for everyone though, especially archers.

22 minutes ago, Azz said:

On Camilla it's pretty g since her running C1 is broken and racks up kills really well, but I think having it on anyone else is not needed since more often you're switching often that you don't see the benefits, or at least I never did.

I think the new skill coming with the update that makes it easier to break weak point gauges will be a good skill for everyone though, especially archers.

Just imagine it with Lethalty it'll be nuts.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Just imagine it with Lethalty it'll be nuts.

Anna though. And she's getting her prf weapon next too. She's gonna become the strongest character in the game, I'm telling you.

29 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Now that it's been out for a while, what's the consensus on Fury Builder? Worth putting on everybody's personal weapons like Armor Strike and Pair Up+, or is it mostly just a waste of a slot?

Wait, Armor Strike is actually worth using? I remember someone (I think it was Folt) who disagreed. And I'm not convinced it's worth it, given that it's all too easy for it to be turned against you.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Anna though. And she's getting her prf weapon next too. She's gonna become the strongest character in the game, I'm telling you.

I might have to remake my Anna video with it yeah.

She still isn't quite as powerful as Lyn with Astra etc though, Lyn is just in a realm of her own with her moveset.

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Wait, Armor Strike is actually worth using? I remember someone (I think it was Folt) who disagreed. And I'm not convinced it's worth it, given that it's all too easy for it to be turned against you.

I'm half and half personally. While it's a bitch when turned against you, I think the pros outweigh the cons. For myself, a strategy I have is I have a pair up with one character who has Armour Strike and one that doesn't. Thus, I get the Armour Strike off and then switch so I'm not at possibility for getting fucked over. But that;s just me.

@Jedi I think you're right. While Anna has insane luck and will no doubt get Lethalty off all the time and has the most to gain from Luna, Lyn's moveset is just overpowered. Also her Opus is coming now too, so I say she will be even more broken. I wonder though, will Navarre be as broken?

Edited by Azz

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Shredding up the foe's defense makes killing durable enemy commanders a LOT easier and faster, which is the biggest obstacle to finishing under 15 minutes, and the downside only matters if you ever get hit in the first place.

At least in my personal experience, it's one of the best skills. The hilarity of reducing foes to their skivvies is icing on top.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm half and half personally. While it's a bitch when turned against you, I think the pros outweigh the cons. For myself, a strategy I have is I have a pair up with one character who has Armour Strike and one that doesn't. Thus, I get the Armour Strike off and then switch so I'm not at possibility for getting fucked over. But that;s just me.

@Jedi I think you're right. While Anna has insane luck and will no doubt get Lethalty off all the time and has the most to gain from Luna, Lyn's moveset is just overpowered. Also her Opus is coming now too, so I say she will be even more broken. I wonder though, will Navarre be as broken?

I hope so! I quite like Navarre, but i'm also keeping the mild hope that some saw he had some differences in the update. 

We'll see very soon. Something I apperciate about FE:W is that every moveset feels fun, thats not always easy to do.

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Shredding up the foe's defense makes killing durable enemy commanders a LOT easier and faster, which is the biggest obstacle to finishing under 15 minutes, and the downside only matters if you ever get hit in the first place.

At least in my personal experience, it's one of the best skills. The hilarity of reducing foes to their skivvies is icing on top.

I really hope they add broken armour models for the sorc trio and Darios. I really want to use Linde to destroy Gharnef and reducing him to his undies would be icing on the cake inb4 Gharnef is ripped under all those robes.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I hope so! I quite like Navarre, but i'm also keeping the mild hope that some saw he had some differences in the update. 

We'll see very soon. Something I apperciate about FE:W is that every moveset feels fun, thats not always easy to do.

On one hand, I do hope Navarre has some differences, but on the other, I don't really mind. Lyn's moveset is as fun as it is broken so having two of it wont hurt me at least.

I certainly agree with the second part. In HW, I felt some movesets were just a pain to play and on one hand, I'm dreading HW DX and having to use Baton!Zelda or Spear!Lana for missions. Where as in FEW, I like all the movesets, except maybe Corrin, but I have heard people say they like her moveset so maybe I'm just bad I dunno.

18 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Personally, I find it hardly worth it on high Luck characters using Lethality, because more often than not Lethality will proc and kill them, and the armor break just slows down the death animation.  It feels better for lower levels than it does when you have maxed out weapons and skills.

As for Fury Builder, I think generally it's good for characters that you spend most of the map playing, like Tiki.  If you're constantly switching on the map, you won't get as much out of it (can't build stacks while not controlling the unit, and you aren't benefiting from those stacks either).

Does anyone know a good method for grinding Hero weapons? I've been trying to get a Hero Axe but I just can't seem to get one. Tips?

3 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, I think skills like Fury and Armor Strike depends on how you play the game. Characters like Camilla and Tiki benefit from Fury the most if you don't switch characters that often and if your levels are how enough you probably won't need Armor Strike either if you are using Luna/Lethality/Luck+20. I stopped using Armor Strike when Lethality became available. Slayer/Breaker skills also speeds things up and don't require 3000 kills to unlock or reforge onto other weapons.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Does anyone know a good method for grinding Hero weapons? I've been trying to get a Hero Axe but I just can't seem to get one. Tips?

The easiest map to get Hero weapons right now would be A Burden Heart, a Level 90 map on Grief or one of the Level 80 maps if you didn't get the DLC. You get better weapons on higher level maps. Its still a pain to get six slots on Hero weapons though. One of the SD maps will probably have a Level 100+ mission though to make it slightly easier to get Hero weapons.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Personally, I think skills like Fury and Armor Strike depends on how you play the game. Characters like Camilla and Tiki benefit from Fury the most if you don't switch characters that often and if your levels are how enough you probably won't need Armor Strike either if you are using Luna/Lethality/Luck+20. I stopped using Armor Strike when Lethality became available. Slayer/Breaker skills also speeds things up and don't require 3000 kills to unlock or reforge onto other weapons.

The easiest map to get Hero weapons right now would be A Burden Heart, a Level 90 map on Grief or one of the Level 80 maps if you didn't get the DLC. You get better weapons on higher level maps. Its still a pain to get six slots on Hero weapons though. One of the SD maps will probably have a Level 100+ mission though to make it slightly easier to get Hero weapons.

Of course, with so many characters getting their personal weapons and the Opi necessary to boost their power to 720, before long Hero weapons will be obsolete anyway.

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Of course, with so many characters getting their personal weapons and the Opi necessary to boost their power to 720, before long Hero weapons will be obsolete anyway.

I assumed Azz was talking about Lissa and Frederick since the question was about Hero Axes but yeah after the next update only eight characters (Lianna, Rowan, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, and Cordelia) will be without an opus upgrade and half of them still don't have their personal weapon yet. I can't wait to use Anna with a 720 power bow or Caeda with an opus powered Wing Spear.

Since I mentioned Wing Spear though, I wonder if it will be possible to put additional slayer skills on since it will already come with a mount/armor slayer effect on it if the datamine on it is correct. I'm assuming not though.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

I assumed Azz was talking about Lissa and Frederick since the question was about Hero Axes but yeah after the next update only eight characters (Lianna, Rowan, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, and Cordelia) will be without an opus upgrade and half of them still don't have their personal weapon yet. I can't wait to use Anna with a 720 power bow or Caeda with an opus powered Wing Spear.

Since I mentioned Wing Spear though, I wonder if it will be possible to put additional slayer skills on since it will already come with a mount/armor slayer effect on it if the datamine on it is correct. I'm assuming not though.

I'm actually wondering when we'll be getting Enliron and Faccina's Opi, actually.

Both upcoming packs will give at least nine Opi (Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Anna, Lyn, Celica, Navarre, Minerva, Linde for Shadow Dragon, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja, Olivia, Owain for Awakening), so we could get Enliron and Faccina with either one really, or on their own as part of a free update perhaps?

2 hours ago, Azz said:

I certainly agree with the second part. In HW, I felt some movesets were just a pain to play and on one hand, I'm dreading HW DX and having to use Baton!Zelda or Spear!Lana for missions. Where as in FEW, I like all the movesets, except maybe Corrin, but I have heard people say they like her moveset so maybe I'm just bad I dunno.

Don't remind me. The Termina map had one mission (a Rupee competition) where you had to use Zelda with the Baton. It was an absolute nightmare. About the only good thing about that map is that you can easily kill the Rupee Thieves that come after you. It was turbonerfed in Hyrule Warriors Legends, thankfully (it's still a Zelda mission, but you get to use whatever weapon, as well as get an ally). The level 3 Baton mission was also bad. In both the original and Legends.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Perhaps, but I think it wouldn't exactly be pleasant to wind up having your defenses halved because the enemy got off a cheap shot just as you were switching to someone else (which does tend to happen when I wind up switching, especially after a level up or unpausing, since I generally have to regain my bearings since the character I was controlling was likely headed off somewhere they had no business being). Also, some of the more durable units tend to have weaknesses, which doesn't really help Armor Strike's case. Nor does it that the one enemy that it'd likely be a big help against (Velezark) is outright immune anyhow.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm actually wondering when we'll be getting Enliron and Faccina's Opi, actually.

Both upcoming packs will give at least nine Opi (Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Anna, Lyn, Celica, Navarre, Minerva, Linde for Shadow Dragon, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja, Olivia, Owain for Awakening), so we could get Enliron and Faccina with either one really, or on their own as part of a free update perhaps?

They've laid out what Opi are in this pack and its not the twins. They also weren't mentioned as part of the free update.

I think if we were going to get them for free, it would have been in the past month where nothing else happened,