General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

33 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm actually wondering when we'll be getting Enliron and Faccina's Opi, actually.

Both upcoming packs will give at least nine Opi (Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Anna, Lyn, Celica, Navarre, Minerva, Linde for Shadow Dragon, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja, Olivia, Owain for Awakening), so we could get Enliron and Faccina with either one really, or on their own as part of a free update perhaps?

I'm predicting we'll get a free update after the Awakening DLC. My personal prediction is we'll get a Hero Challenge 2 that is harder and contains the twins' opi. I'm also hoping for Darios and the sorc trio but I doubt it considering they are all clones of the twins' and Robin's movesets respectively.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm actually wondering when we'll be getting Enliron and Faccina's Opi, actually.

Both upcoming packs will give at least nine Opi (Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Anna, Lyn, Celica, Navarre, Minerva, Linde for Shadow Dragon, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja, Olivia, Owain for Awakening), so we could get Enliron and Faccina with either one really, or on their own as part of a free update perhaps?

That's pretty much my guess as well. Enlion and Faccina will either get their upgrade in the Awakening DLC or there will be a free update with a new History Map in April or May as some sort of closure to DLC/updates. I personally would find it more ironic for the last History map focusing on them like the Hero Challenge map instead of lumping the Enlion and Faccina upgrade with Awakening's stuff but we'll see.

A question I have been wondering about for a while, has anyone scanned the art book yet? I'd really like to see some of the stuff in there since I know there is official art of Darios and also concept art of stuff like characters promotions.

I've been wondering about the "Other 2" voiceclip at the bottom of Frederick's Voice Gallery. I don't believe it ever plays in-game, and seems to be a little easter egg hidden in the Voice Gallery, but if it's "Other 2", where is "Other 1"?

FEW is the only Warriors game I've ever played and I have seen it stated numerous times that when a sequel is realeased they almost never take units away and only add on more units. Does that most likely mean if FEW 2 happens all 22 units will remain and have another 15-20 units added or is it a smaller number like 5-10? Because though that prospect sounds exciting it also sounds daunting considering I've been playing nearly nonstop since October and still haven't fully completed most things. Also what do Warriors games then do for DLC characters? I'm assuming they would be new/different characters from the previous games DLC.

11 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

FEW is the only Warriors game I've ever played and I have seen it stated numerous times that when a sequel is realeased they almost never take units away and only add on more units. Does that most likely mean if FEW 2 happens all 22 units will remain and have another 15-20 units added or is it a smaller number like 5-10? Because though that prospect sounds exciting it also sounds daunting considering I've been playing nearly nonstop since October and still haven't fully completed most things. Also what do Warriors games then do for DLC characters? I'm assuming they would be new/different characters from the previous games DLC.

I haven't played many Warriors games myself, however, from what I know, every new entry (At least in the Dynasty series) they add new characters while keeping the originals. I'm pretty sure Dynasty Warriors 9, the most recent instalment, has 90+ characters. However, I don't think a spin off game like FEW would do something like this.

I think @Jedi, our local Warriors vet might be better suited to answer this though.

29 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

My knowledge isn't as vast as Jedi's, but from my own exp of the main series Dynasty Warriors, there have been no DLC characters, but there are new DLC weapons, missions, costumes and the like. You find the extra characters in their expansion games, such as Xtreme Legends and Empires, who then get included in the next numbered game. Additionally, sometimes existing characters get different/new/updated weapons and movesets all together, which is determined by the style of weapon that they wield

Just now, AJ Okami said:

My question is: Is there a way to see who a character has supported with if they didn't have a conversation? I'm grinding supports for Ryoma's Astra and I'm not sure who I still have left to support with

Got to convoy > Select Character > Status > Check Support Level

3 minutes ago, AJ Okami said:

My question is: Is there a way to see who a character has supported with if they didn't have a conversation? I'm grinding supports for Ryoma's Astra and I'm not sure who I still have left to support with

Go to convoy, click the character and select status. Three options should appear being 'Check Weapon, Check Combos and Check Supports'. In the last option, you can see all your supports. Note, you can't check this in battle.

On 2/14/2018 at 5:22 AM, Liliesgrace said:

Warriors games tend to continue adding onto the previous rosters, there has only been very rarely instances of removing characters and that was early on in DW when they wanted 2 more mystical characters movesets to be used for the Create an Officer system in dw4/5XL

So a hypothetical FEW2 would likely contain this games entire roster (including the DLC) and then add-on to it.

Although there is another possibility, Dragon Quest Heroes changed up quite a bit in terms of its roster and design mentality between it and its sequel but I think that was just to make it more dragon quest like, but it's OCs were new and it chose different characters.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Warriors games tend to continue adding onto the previous rosters, there has only been very rarely instances of removing characters and that was early on in DW when they wanted 2 more mystical characters movesets to be used for the Create an Officer system in dw4/5.

So a hypothetical FEW2 would likely contain this games entire roster (including the DLC) and then add-on to it.

Although there is another possibility, Dragon Quest Heroes changed up quite a bit in terms of its roster and design mentality between it and its sequel but I think that was just to make it more dragon quest like, but it's OCs were new and it chose different characters.

If I remember correctly, only Alena, Kiryl, Maya, Terry, and Jessica returned from the first installment.

That said, the way they handled characters/movesets in this game means every character appearing can conceivably return for a sequel without much issue.

8 minutes ago, Folt said:

If I remember correctly, only Alena, Kiryl, Maya, Terry, and Jessica returned from the first installment.

That said, the way they handled characters/movesets in this game means every character appearing can conceivably return for a sequel without much issue.

Yeah, those 5 returned but everyone else was new, and it changed styles to more Open World than being an oddball Tower Defense Musou.

Still need to finish DQH1.

34 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah, those 5 returned but everyone else was new, and it changed styles to more Open World than being an oddball Tower Defense Musou.

Still need to finish DQH1.

Basically, but if FEW sticks to how it currently is, there shouldn't be a need to replace any of the mainline FE characters already in this game.

At what gap between Str and Def (or Mag and Res) does Statflip become worth an Attribute slot in terms of raw power?

I'm totally putting it on Elise with her monster Resistance stat, but is it worth it on, say, Oboro, whose Def is only 13 or so points higher than her Str? Or anybody else with only a 10-15 point difference?

3 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

At what gap between Str and Def (or Mag and Res) does Statflip become worth an Attribute slot in terms of raw power?

I'm totally putting it on Elise with her monster Resistance stat, but is it worth it on, say, Oboro, whose Def is only 13 or so points higher than her Str? Or anybody else with only a 10-15 point difference?

Probably use the same judgment as you would Topsy-Turvy if I'm gonna be honest.

Just now, Folt said:

Probably use the same judgment as you would Topsy-Turvy if I'm gonna be honest.

My application of Topsy-Turvy was less about improving overall damage and more about giving units with the same moveset different niches; obviously Lissa, Sakura, and Lianna all benefit from Topsy-Turvy thanks to their higher Mag, but I also put it on Cordelia and Celica since they have even attacking stats and letting them target enemy Res instead of Def gives them a different function from their fellow moveset clones.

With Statflip, the damage type doesn't change, so all that matters is raw damage dealt. I have to consider whether the total damage increase is better or worse than just giving them a different attribute such as Pair Up+, Health+, ect.

If it's just like...10 points, I'd say not bother. Your gains will be so marginal it can't be worth devoting a slot to compared with the usual suspects. Contrast with the +25% of Pair Up+ or the...whatever...Critical+ gives

You know, we have things that swap magic & attack. And magic/res, attack/defend...

I wonder if we're going to get something in the next pack that lets you swap Luck &/or Skill with something. Not necessarily with each other.

4 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

My application of Topsy-Turvy was less about improving overall damage and more about giving units with the same moveset different niches; obviously Lissa, Sakura, and Lianna all benefit from Topsy-Turvy thanks to their higher Mag, but I also put it on Cordelia and Celica since they have even attacking stats and letting them target enemy Res instead of Def gives them a different function from their fellow moveset clones.

With Statflip, the damage type doesn't change, so all that matters is raw damage dealt. I have to consider whether the total damage increase is better or worse than just giving them a different attribute such as Pair Up+, Health+, ect.

According to a spreadsheet +10 str/mag skills add around 3% extra damage at lvl 99 and weapon power 240. This changes to a whopping 1% at lvl 110 and weapon power 720.

Looking at 110 max stats Elise would gain ~16% for stat flipping with a 240 weapon. However that bonus drops to 6% if she's got a 720 weapon. So if you don't have her Opus yet it's not too bad, but if you do you're easily better off with a different boost.

Also seeing as she seems to have the highest difference between the respective stats no one else, including Freddy, would get any meaningful boost from statflip.

17 minutes ago, CmdrQuartz said:

According to a spreadsheet +10 str/mag skills add around 3% extra damage at lvl 99 and weapon power 240. This changes to a whopping 1% at lvl 110 and weapon power 720.

Looking at 110 max stats Elise would gain ~16% for stat flipping with a 240 weapon. However that bonus drops to 6% if she's got a 720 weapon. So if you don't have her Opus yet it's not too bad, but if you do you're easily better off with a different boost.

Also seeing as she seems to have the highest difference between the respective stats no one else, including Freddy, would get any meaningful boost from statflip.

Niles would probably benefit from a statflip, topsy turvy combo since his Res is stupidly high.

I didn't realize they increased the swap limit. So any of the pegasi with a turvy-statflip could see a 10-20% increase (from strength damage) depending on weapon power. However considering it seems like against more closely leveled enemies a lot of damage comes from criticals critical+ is probably still better overall.

Niles would be right around Elise as far as damage increase (vs strength again). Considering resistance tends to be a bit higher overall than defense I wonder just how useful it would really be. If it was needed for a mission, sure, but I don't think I'd have both on anyone's personal weapon, there's just better options for damage.

4 hours ago, CmdrQuartz said:

Thanks for the maths. I guess it's not worthwhile even on Elise, especially since I'll have her 720 weapon after I get just two more of her flowers.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Niles would probably benefit from a statflip, topsy turvy combo since his Res is stupidly high.

I did consider this bloke, though, but decided that devoting TWO attributes to swap skills was unnecessary.

16 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Someone brought me one interesting application of Statflip. Since the move also swaps what stat you use for defensive purposes, putting Statflip on Robin makes his defences on par with thr Peg. Knights in exchange for a slight loss in Resistance (mainly, you use Res to attack, while STR and MAG become your defensive stats: Robin thus turns his RES stat into his attack stat, dumps his extremely low Defence stat, his decent Strength stat now works as his defence against physical attacks, and his Magic stat now works as his defence against magic attacks).