General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

What is a dual special and how do I do one?

A dual special is when two characters who are paired up perform a special attack together.

The conditions for acquiring this are as follows:

- Your character needs to have someone paired with them

- Both members of the pair up must have their special gauges filled

If you use a special attack when these conditions are fulfilled, the characters will perform a dual special.  Sometimes, depending on who's in the pair-up, there will be special dialogue, e.g. Oboro and Lucina have such dialogue together, all the Nohrians have dialogue with each other, Caeda has dialogue with Cordelia, etc.

It's mostly for show, but I'm sure it also does more damage against foes.  The special attacks the characters perform in dual specials are different from the ones they perform on their own.

15 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

A dual special is when two characters who are paired up perform a special attack together.

The conditions for acquiring this are as follows:

- Your character needs to have someone paired with them

- Both members of the pair up must have their special gauges filled

If you use a special attack when these conditions are fulfilled, the characters will perform a dual special.  Sometimes, depending on who's in the pair-up, there will be special dialogue, e.g. Oboro and Lucina have such dialogue together, all the Nohrians have dialogue with each other, Caeda has dialogue with Cordelia, etc.

It's mostly for show, but I'm sure it also does more damage against foes.  The special attacks the characters perform in dual specials are different from the ones they perform on their own.

Can confirm that they indeed do more damage than normal special attacks.
You can one-shot most (if not all) enemy playable characters with one and some characters can two-shot the final story mode boss in most of his history mode appearances, for example Lissa, Lianna and Celica.
They're pretty OP, especially if you use them while the enemy has his weak point gauge exposed and through whatever miracle survives your dual special, since then the following critical hit will kill them for sure.
It's how you deal with most Shadow Eliminations.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Can confirm that they indeed do more damage than normal special attacks.
You can one-shot most (if not all) enemy playable characters with one and some characters can two-shot the final story mode boss in most of his history mode appearances, for example Lissa, Lianna and Celica.
They're pretty OP, especially if you use them while the enemy has his weak point gauge exposed and through whatever miracle survives your dual special, since then the following critical hit will kill them for sure.
It's how you deal with most Shadow Eliminations.

Hell, I've ended some missions one-shotting the final story mode boss with a Dual Special.

They are hugely powerful compared to standard Warrior Specials. More than the sum of their parts.

Which makes sense considering you need to fuel 2 bars for it. If it was exactly as much as as using the 2 separately, there'd be little point in doing them beyond minor conveincince and fanservice.

I think they also have a wider area of effect, though that's harder to verify due to enemy pop in and varying enclosures

8 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

What is the best way to S rank all the battles excluding the space-time distortions on the map Invisible Ties?

Are there any ones that stand out as troublesome to S rank to you?

1 minute ago, John Denver Fan said:

The level 30 fort siege, both level 20 fort sieges, and the level 21 Targeted elimination.

Out of those, the former was the only one I found to be really troublesome because you have axes only, and a promoted Lucina shows up mid-fight.

45 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm interested in the game but considering Hyrule Warriors track record, should I wait for an inevitable definitive edition? Is the base game worth the $40?

At this point there is more likely to be a FEW2, if anything, so I doubt a definitive edition will happen. Or at least, not unless they put out an entirely separate 3ds successor or something.

I'd say the base game is worth $40. I got a lot of play time out of it before the dlc hit and now i'm over 130. Even if you don't buy the dlc, you should get plenty of enjoyability.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm interested in the game but considering Hyrule Warriors track record, should I wait for an inevitable definitive edition? Is the base game worth the $40?

Are we talking about the 3DS or the Switch version for Fire Emblem Switch? For the 3DS I wouldn't say it's worth $40 considering you can get it for $25 on Amazon and I heard people say it's difficult to see what you are doing while using mounted units but for the Switch version I would say yes. I think Fire Emblem Warriors is a good game but depending on how you feel about hack n' slash games though you might want to wait until next month since I keep hearing people say that Nintendo is going to be announcing more games in March due to the Switch's anniversary and who knows, they might announce something else you would be interested in (like the next mainline Fire Emblem game for Switch). There is also the possibility that after the Awakening DLC Koei/IS might announce a Wave 2 DLC/FEW2. With that said I would still recommend FEW since it could take almost a year before Koei/IS announces Wave 2 DLC/FEW2.

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Are we talking about the 3DS or the Switch version for Fire Emblem Switch? For the 3DS I wouldn't say it's worth $40 considering you can get it for $25 on Amazon and I heard people say it's difficult to see what you are doing while using mounted units but for the Switch version I would say yes. I think Fire Emblem Warriors is a good game but depending on how you feel about hack n' slash games though you might want to wait until next month since I keep hearing people say that Nintendo is going to be announcing more games in March due to the Switch's anniversary and who knows, they might announce something else you would be interested in (like the next mainline Fire Emblem game for Switch). There is also the possibility that after the Awakening DLC Koei/IS might announce a Wave 2 DLC/FEW2. With that said I would still recommend FEW since it could take almost a year before Koei/IS announces Wave 2 DLC/FEW2.

Yeah I found an eBay listing for the Switch version for $40. Combine that with the season pass and that'll be a "full" $60 game. So I was considering it. I think I might go for it.

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah I found an eBay listing for the Switch version for $40. Combine that with the season pass and that'll be a "full" $60 game. So I was considering it. I think I might go for it.

If you liked Hyrule Warriors (which was my entry into the series) then you should find a lot to like, even if you don't happen to be a big Fire Emblem fan

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

FE Warriors Definitive seems unlikely at this juncture.

Hyrule Warriors getting ported from Wii U to 3DS made sense since the Wii U was not selling well, and 3DS to Switch made sense since it was lacking some features from the Wii U version and was still on non-ideal hardware. Unless Nintendo releases a successor to the Switch soon, I wouldn't expect any rereleases so soon.

How do I beat Warriors against Fate? It is a real pain in the neck and I don't want to promote anyone yet. My unit levels is average level 50, but my strongest unit I have is a unpromoted Frederick, level 83. What is the best strategy to use without promotions?

Edited by John Denver Fan

3 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

How do I beat Warriors against Fate? It is real pain in the neck and I don't want to promote anyone yet. My unit levels is average level 50, but my strongest unit I have is a unpromoted Frederick, level 83. What is the best strategy to use without promotions?

Erm, why do you insist on not promoting???

13 minutes ago, John Denver Fan said:

How do I beat Warriors against Fate? It is a real pain in the neck and I don't want to promote anyone yet. My unit levels is average level 50, but my strongest unit I have is a unpromoted Frederick, level 83. What is the best strategy to use without promotions?

There's no reason not to promote unless you're just trying to challenge yourself.

Promotions are essentially just a boost in stats.  Nothing more.  Well, except with some characters like Linde, who also gain access to staves and rods upon promotion.  But promotions in FEW does not work like promotions in regular FE games.

1 hour ago, John Denver Fan said:

Why are you not promoting? If the reason is the costumes you can change them. Promotion is literally just a stat boost and some units like the pegs get staff access. You're just making your life harder.

2 hours ago, John Denver Fan said:

in addition to what everyone else said, promotion also unlocks literally half of your skill tree which includes: the last 2 defense crests for everyone, the last 2-3 combos for each character (all of which are high damaging and generally their bast damage dealing option), access to brave & hero weapons, access to the true power of personal weapons, ability to have up to 6 skills equipped.

The game absolutely expects you to promote as soo nas you can and there is no reason to hold off.

4 hours ago, John Denver Fan said:

If you aren't going to use promotions, I would recommend maxing out all of your characters that you can deploy.

EDIT: I wouldn't deploy Cordelia as she can be felled easily by the Annas.

Edited by Chipper Jones Fan

5 hours ago, Folt said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-director-on-the-shadow-dragon-pack-characters-wedding-costumes-more/

Heh, History Mode was apparently made because the developers really wanted to include the iconic scene where Caeda recruits Navarre.

Navarre also confirmed to be our Mercenary rep.

Wait, forreals? Lmao wow, Navarre must really be a favorite then. Apparently that was enough to edge him over Ogma. 

Also:

I think Linde’s selling point is that she has sexy feet

...what? Legs, I understand, but... feet? 

51 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Wait, forreals? Lmao wow, Navarre must really be a favorite then. Apparently that was enough to edge him over Ogma. 

Also:

...what? Legs, I understand, but... feet? 

In the FE Warriors design document, they literally wrote it as that mode where they have the following conversation: "Lend your sword to our cause. Or, if you will not, turn it on me now instead." "... Nay, I'll turn no blade of mine on a woman."

From here on out, I'm just gonna call Navarre and Lyn's moveset the Mercenary moveset. I think they really, really wanted Navarre to be in the base game from the start.