General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

35 minutes ago, Motendra said:

...what? Legs, I understand, but... feet? 

You do know that feet are one of the most common fetishes, right?  It's not supposed to make sense, that's why it's called a "fetish".

And holy hell, I can't believe they actually went there.  What the absolute hell?  I mean, I know it's Koei Techmo, but shit can't they tone down the horniness at least a little bit?  I guess that's also what gave her the edge over Merric.

However...  If they're actually going there, then this is what I'll respond with:

If any FE girl was all about feet, its Corrin

I was there in the days when people were singing the praises of Fates when we learned that the feet were no longer gonna be stubby pegs.  I saw the Corrin with two left feet (or was it two right feet?) in all its artistic errory glory.

Corrin is the foot fetish character of Fire Emblem.  Linde, I feel, is much more leg than she is feet.  Also arms and shoulders.  And exposed collar and neck.  And obviously hands.  Holy shit, sexual objectification is real.

6 hours ago, Folt said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-director-on-the-shadow-dragon-pack-characters-wedding-costumes-more/

Heh, History Mode was apparently made because the developers really wanted to include the iconic scene where Caeda recruits Navarre.

Navarre also confirmed to be our Mercenary rep.

I would say that moment with Navarre is quite an iconic moment.  Honestly, I remember Navarre more for his refusal to hurt women and children than for him being a lone-wolf mercenary type.

Though I think a lot of Caeda's unit recruitments are fairly iconic and memorable.  Same with Julian's "tick tock, time to frock", even if that only existed because of the DS remakes.  They must have liked Navarre's angle the most.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of, for the third rep, Jagen, Draug, Gordin, Merric, Abel, and Cain were also considered for the third spot.

They went with Minerva over any of the Whitewings to get another axe user and because they already have so many Peg. Knights (and besides, the Whitewings' most distinguishing feature is already in the game).

10 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You do know that feet are one of the most common fetishes, right?  It's not supposed to make sense, that's why it's called a "fetish".

Well, yes, I'm well aware that it's a thing. I'm just shocked that it's toward Linde, of all people.

18 minutes ago, Folt said:

Speaking of, for the third rep, Jagen, Draug, Gordin, Merric, Abel, and Cain were also considered for the third spot.

They went with Minerva over any of the Whitewings to get another axe user and because they already have so many Peg. Knights (and besides, the Whitewings' most distinguishing feature is already in the game).

It'd have been real nice to have the Cav duo, but just one without the other'd be just wrong. Or really anyone in the entire entourage.

10 hours ago, Folt said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-director-on-the-shadow-dragon-pack-characters-wedding-costumes-more/

Heh, History Mode was apparently made because the developers really wanted to include the iconic scene where Caeda recruits Navarre.

Navarre also confirmed to be our Mercenary rep.

Did I read that right? We could have gotten Nyna?

...Oh my Archanean heart.

30 minutes ago, Lau said:

...Oh my Archanean heart.

Oh, Nyna, huh?

That reminds me, I saw the support in FEW between Minerva and Linde.  If Nyna did make it in over Linde...

I have to wonder just how much distrust Minerva truly had for the Kingdom of Archanea.  And how much that distrust grows when the events of Book 2 happen.  I'd imagine her support with Nyna would get off with a rocky start.  If Linde got offended at Minerva suggesting that Nyna's family was craven, imagine how Nyna herself - who not only is obviously related to those people who were killed but also witnessed the slaughter herself - would feel.

Edited by Ertrick36

6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Oh, Nyna, huh?

That reminds me, I saw the support in FEW between Minerva and Linde.  If Nyna did make it in over Linde...

I have to wonder just how much distrust Minerva truly had for the Kingdom of Archanea.  And how much that distrust grows when the events of Book 2 happen.  I'd imagine her support with Nyna would get off with a rocky start.  If Linde got offended at Minerva suggesting that Nyna's family was craven, imagine how Nyna herself - who not only is obviously related to those people who were killed but also witnessed the slaughter herself - would feel.

Oh I adore Nyna. Her design, her concept, her dialogue, oh my sweet child.

I imagine Nyna would apologise for Archanea's wrongdoings, but she'd also be really upset about what Minerva is saying. She wouldn't lash out or anything, but you'd know she wouldn't be happy.

14 hours ago, Lau said:

I wonder how Nyna would have played in a hector Warriors environment. This is the very same Nyna who’s playable for half a chapter over the course of the dilogy, not counting the two BS chapters in which she is unarmed.

Edited by Vaximillian

We also had Jagen, Draug, Gordin, Merric, Abel, and Cain as other candidates, but when we think of weapon balance, we couldn’t pick just one from them, so we ended up omitting the Altean characters.

meanwhile we have 9 swords in the base game, with 3 more added in the dlc. but a 5th lance user? A unique archer? Perish the thought!

Hooo boy I can't wait for them to talk about who they passed over in the awakening dlc for making Olivia the unique unit. going to lose my mind

4 minutes ago, Homosexualbeard said:

Panne would have been nice. All these stones and only one character who uses them.

I am honestly a little surprised we didn't get Nowi as a clone. She would have mapped pretty well to Tiki's set and just done minor touch ups to the dragon form's model to make it more sea dragon like, like what heroes did

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

I am honestly a little surprised we didn't get Nowi as a clone. She would have mapped pretty well to Tiki's set and just done minor touch ups to the dragon form's model to make it more sea dragon like, like what heroes did

That would have been interesting too. It bugs me more than it should, only having Tiki use stones.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Lunielle said:

How can I check which material I need for a skill crest if it shows as ??????????? ?

All you really need to know about that is if you want to get certain characters' skills on other characters, you need them to gain an A support.

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Skills_(Warriors)

You get the [Character's Apparel] material at B rank, and the [Character's Essence] at A rank.  This applies to any pair that involve said character.  And it's why people recommend you start frequently pairing Ryoma up with your characters to get his skill, Astra, on everyone.

All other crests will be earned as you play through the game.  Some, particularly the gold materials, will require you to gain an S rank on certain missions.

Edited by Ertrick36

I've been going back & clearing (+S ranking the awakening anna) out the base game anna missions before clearing out the 80+ missions on the SD maps and, uh

Is it just me, or are these things significantly more challenging than other maps? Like, even in the related level ranges. Enemies are significantly more aggressive and seem to deal more damage (though that could just be from the aggression). The SD anna map in particular was the first time I had gotten more than 10% damage (~37 by the end, maybe passed 40) in a long time and i was in actual danger of my navarre (& minerva, but, with that low res its expected) dying because he was getting juggled by a gaggle of mages.

Meanwhile, I had just finished cleaning up all the upper 70s missions in the dlcs, with some level 80s distortions on the Fates maps anda few level 80ish missions elsewhere, but they never felt as harrowing as the anna maps did. I missed the S Rank by a hair's breath on my first run of the awakening map, but even going back to it with everyone in 240 powered weapons, high supports and levels ranging from late 80s to mid 90s and I still barely beat it in time.

Also while on this subject, it's kind of dumb that Azura doesn't count for the Fates anna deployment. I get Oboro & Niles not counting, but seems like a no-brainer. For reference, the SD anna allows for Navarre, Minerva & Linde and I assume the Awakening Anna will update for Owain, Tharja & Olivia.

I've run into some frustration while farming characters' silver materials:
Chapter 20 from the story gives the opportunity to obtain 7 character materials in all. Alas, I average 2-3 gold materials on every run.

I'm using Divining on every weapon, and I am not using the Rare Materials blessing. My question is this: if I remove Divining from my weapons, will I run into the possibility of obtaining no materials whatsoever upon defeating a character? As irritating as another gold material is, I would rather have that than a weapon.
I'm guessing that without a blessing for weapon drops, the maximum number of weapons I can obtain in a battle is 5. Why have I not tested this myself? It's because I don't want to go through the trouble of removing (and later adding) Divining to the weapons of the characters I'm grinding only to maybe find "hey, these runs are now yielding less of what I want".

An alternate way to word my question would be: are my only choices "silver and gold drops" vs "silver or nothing" with regards to fighting character enemies?

So far as I know, character units will always drop something. If you haven't ran into the weapon cap yet, then they have a chance of dropping weapons but otherwise they'll always drop their material.

Incidentally, the weapon cap is 8 without using awakening.

Quick question: how perverted does IS/Koei think Fire Emblem players are?  The Awakening scan was centered on a butt-shot of Oliva.  Armor Break was completely unnecessary, and unprecedented in a FE game; it's only there to ogle the characters.  Most of the DLC characters are female.  I mean, to be fair, we ARE perverts, but this all seems a bit excessive.  

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Quick question: how perverted does IS/Koei think Fire Emblem players are?  The Awakening scan was centered on a butt-shot of Oliva.  Armor Break was completely unnecessary, and unprecedented in a FE game; it's only there to ogle the characters.  Most of the DLC characters are female.  I mean, to be fair, we ARE perverts, but this all seems a bit excessive.  

I feel like you're answering your own questions there.

I’m really liking how the Amped attribute works but I’m wondering if it shows up on weapon drops as is after unlocking or is it always locked behind a number of kills like Armor Break? And if so, what is the kill count?

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

I’m really liking how the Amped attribute works but I’m wondering if it shows up on weapon drops as is after unlocking or is it always locked behind a number of kills like Armor Break? And if so, what is the kill count?

Amped thankfully is not locked behind a killcount (in fact, of the new attributes, it seems only Legendary is).

That being said, it costs 12,000 gold to transfer, which is a bit pricier than most, but no big deal.

7 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Amped thankfully is not locked behind a killcount (in fact, of the new attributes, it seems only Legendary is).

That being said, it costs 12,000 gold to transfer, which is a bit pricier than most, but no big deal.

Thank you kindly! First order of business is to get all the different types unlocked (only have sword and axe so far) and then I can work on getting it on everyone.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Considering how big a deal the skill is, that's surprising. Especially when they put Armor Break & Critical Focus behind kills.

So I got an A rank support with Ryoma and someone else, which gave me the character essence, but I can't see his skill in the Boost section, I thought I probably needed an A+ with another character, but I can't see it either, what am I missing?

23 minutes ago, Lunielle said:

So I got an A rank support with Ryoma and someone else, which gave me the character essence, but I can't see his skill in the Boost section, I thought I probably needed an A+ with another character, but I can't see it either, what am I missing?

If you're trying to get Astra for another character, Ryoma needs to have unlocked it first (It costs 3 of Ryoma's silver materials to unlock Astra). Secondly, you need to get that character and Ryoma to A/A+ supports level, which gives you the essence for both characters. Then once you have that and 1 gold material of the character that originally owns the skill (In Astra's case, that is Ryoma's Gold material) you should be able to unlock the skill.