General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The whole concept of co-op is lost in me since I always play alone. 

Who needs friends when you've got knives?

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

So, am I the only one who wants Link from HW to be a guest fighter?

Eh...  He already stars as a guest in enough games.  Maybe at some point down the line, but I think it'd be more appropriate in a mainline game than a spin-off like this.  Plus, I personally think his presence would detract from what is supposed to be a sort of FE spotlight.  Or maybe I'm finally taking this game too seriously.

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Hey I'm watching this GameXPlain footage and it's the first direct feed gameplay I've seen. Is it normal for characters to talk this much in Warriors? I don't know if our beloved sword lords have been in a fight before but there's usually not this much talking. I only played Hyrule Warriors and everybody was that Zelda brand of muted character.

Follow up question: Is there ever an option to turn those dialogue quips off in the sound settings? Nobody cares about how Anna loves those profit margins. She's saying that at a rate dangerously close to once per minute.

You mean you don't like those profit margins?

The best I can say is maybe the quips are there for demo purposes, especially Anna's repetitive ones.  If there are constant remarks about what's going on in the field like in the footage, I'd have to imagine they'd be toggleable.  Though I'd also imagine that maybe it's for tutorial purposes.

Also, does anyone else think the remarks on the artstyle might hint at who we might see?  "... we wanted to know what it would be like to have those characters that are shown in [FE's CG cutscenes] as playable characters moving in real time in an action game..."  So far, the only confirmed series character who doesn't appear in such a cutscene is Marth unless you count those special summoning cutscenes in Heroes.

And I do appreciate the sentiment behind creating the twins.  "Since in this game we were able to gather together all kinds of heroes from other Fire Emblem games, we didn’t want to create some kind of protagonist who’s too strong and would lead all those other characters..."  Gee, it almost sounds like they actually want to respect the legacy of these characters instead of making it all about some dumb Gary Stu [nudges New Mystery very strongly].

Also, gotta love that the interviewer seemed to think that the demo having the twins face off meant that the two were actually going to face off in the story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Hey I'm watching this GameXPlain footage and it's the first direct feed gameplay I've seen. Is it normal for characters to talk this much in Warriors? I don't know if our beloved sword lords have been in a fight before but there's usually not this much talking. I only played Hyrule Warriors and everybody was that Zelda brand of muted character.

Follow up question: Is there ever an option to turn those dialogue quips off in the sound settings? Nobody cares about how Anna loves those profit margins. She's saying that at a rate dangerously close to once per minute.

They still talked in HW, it just didn't have fully voiced lines.

21 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Characters usually talk fairly often in Warriors yes. 

I'm not sure, i've never felt the need until all these Anna quips. 

I made a couple interesting (farfetched?) observations concerning the recent leaks, recent interviews, and where I hope this all doesn't lead in terms of characters added and gameplay mechanics.

It's a couple paragraphs, but I have a tl;dr at the bottom. Anyone else thinking this way? Or was this just too off base to even be plausible? Figured I'd post the link to it because there's a little too much written to just put it all down here. 

http://ephemeralblitz.tumblr.com/post/162405333060/after-this-leaked-yesterday-along-with-the-recent

Class swapping probably will give some weapon parity, but you're projecting too far.  Lissa is likely to have War Cleric, but I think it's more likely to be her base class than a swap.  Staff only classes are unlikely (though not impossible), especially if they are 'following the FE formula', since staves only very rarely are able to attack.  So far the only confirmation of staves we've had is that Lianna can equip them, and that's certainly not her weapon.  Additionally, War Cleric also matches Lissa's Cleric costume/sprite better than Sage would, so it's more familiar to people, making it more likely as her base class (assuming staff only classes don't exist).

Panic about this after we know more of the roster.  Don't think too hard into it now.  Axe Fighter is unlikely to be skipped anyways as it's the only link to the Berserker class.  If they do 'skip' it, it will likely be to add Berserkers directly.

(Also, Mozu has Archer, Donnel doesn't.  So Donnel doesn't do everything Mozu does.)

3 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

(Also, Mozu has Archer, Donnel doesn't.  So Donnel doesn't do everything Mozu does.)

Donnel does have access to Bow Knight and Warrior, which has bow access, but I do see your point.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Donnel has a pot, what more does he need?

A sword, spear, axe, bow, magic, and a horse, all at the same time. Watch him end up being Warriors' version of Dissidia's Firion. 

Donnel the Villager had promoted to Donnel the Weapon Master

3 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

A sword, spear, axe, bow, magic, and a horse, all at the same time. Watch him end up being Warriors' version of Dissidia's Firion. 

Donnel the Villager had promoted to Donnel the Weapon Master

He doesn't have magic access without DLC.  Ogma can reclass to Hero, Dark Mage, Pirate, Sorceror, Knight, General, Hunter, Horseman, Fighter and Warrior.  Even if you include Dread Fighter in Donnel's class set, he doesn't get the staves Ogma gets from Sorceror.  Therefore Ogma is a better weapon master than Donnel.

Just now, YotsuMaboroshi said:

He doesn't have magic access without DLC.  Ogma can reclass to Hero, Dark Mage, Pirate, Sorceror, Knight, General, Hunter, Horseman, Fighter and Warrior.  Even if you include Dread Fighter in Donnel's class set, he doesn't get the staves Ogma gets from Sorceror.  Therefore Ogma is a better weapon master than Donnel.

Good grief, SD let you reclass very willy nilly. What you're a mercenary? Naw, you're an archer today. Why? Because I say so.

I'm kind of doubting reclass is going to play a major role in this game (besides potential ways people could fight), but I could be wrong

IIRC, in one of the Treehouse gameplay streams they said that every character will be able to use every weapon, so I don't think there will be side-step reclassing, just straight up promotions.

And talking about being able to use every weapon, I hope they take cues from DW8XL and the characters will have exclusive moves when using their own weapon.

Have we figured out the concurrent relations between the three fates characters for this game? In the cutscene trailer we see Xander and Ryoma fighting, so that casts doubt on them being pulled from their world after the events of any of the three versions of fates. Her sword seems to glow purple, so maybe it's the Grim/Shadow Yato from Conquest. It's definitely not the Omega or shaped like like the Blazing Yato which was a katana.

I'm starting to imagine they're going to devote an entire story mode sequence to recreating Chapter 6 from Fates through cutscenes before the other playable characters drop in from the sky and you need to help Corrin stop the two armies from fighting. 

I just thought about something (I've been doing that a lot, the lack of consistent info might be driving me insane).

The leaked premium box came from a Famitsu post on Twitter, during a week when no actual FEW info was present in Famitsu. Now, I'm not entirely certain on the way Famitsu does things, I've only started following their website/Twitter recently, but is it odd to release info during a week when their magazine didn't have info in it for that game on that particular week?

Could this mean the release of the premium box info itself was a mistake, not just the boxart being revealed? Maybe it was supposed to come out next week, along with an article on Robin/Lissa, but someone confused the release dates? This is mostly a pointless tidbit at this point, but it'd mean next week could potentially be the start of weekly or bi-weekly articles. 

Guess we gotta just wait and see. I need something to occupy myself, because I'm overthinking stuff way too much nowadays.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Could this mean the release of the premium box info itself was a mistake, not just the boxart being revealed? Maybe it was supposed to come out next week, along with an article on Robin/Lissa, but someone confused the release dates? This is mostly a pointless tidbit at this point, but it'd mean next week could potentially be the start of weekly or bi-weekly articles. 

Guess we gotta just wait and see. I need something to occupy myself, because I'm overthinking stuff way too much nowadays.

Could just be ineptitude on IS or Koei-Tecmos part, which I'd believe more on the IS side of things.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:48 PM, Gustavos said:

Have we figured out the concurrent relations between the three fates characters for this game? In the cutscene trailer we see Xander and Ryoma fighting, so that casts doubt on them being pulled from their world after the events of any of the three versions of fates. Her sword seems to glow purple, so maybe it's the Grim/Shadow Yato from Conquest. It's definitely not the Omega or shaped like like the Blazing Yato which was a katana.

I'm starting to imagine they're going to devote an entire story mode sequence to recreating Chapter 6 from Fates through cutscenes before the other playable characters drop in from the sky and you need to help Corrin stop the two armies from fighting. 

Actually Corrin Yato changes into the Omega version during her Musou 

So this is moreso a general thought regarding the game, than a question but:

Does anyone else find the attack ranges to be kinda ridiculous, even by Warriors standards? Every time I watch a gameplay video its one of the things that never escapes my mind, how even regular attacks can reach over 10 feet in front of them; something that I don't think I've ever seen of all of them that I've played, outside of special attacks.

Idk, am I just imagining this, or....?

20 minutes ago, Motendra said:

So this is moreso a general thought regarding the game, than a question but:

Does anyone else find the attack ranges to be kinda ridiculous, even by Warriors standards? Every time I watch a gameplay video its one of the things that never escapes my mind, how even regular attacks can reach over 10 feet in front of them; something that I don't think I've ever seen of all of them that I've played, outside of special attacks.

Idk, am I just imagining this, or....?

Orochi 3's ridiculousness kind of desensitized me to wild ranges, same with SW4's Hyper Attacks.

Since I saw HW stuff in here... What are the power tiers in the game? I know Dorf and Darunia are at the top, but I don't know who else fits where.

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Since I saw HW stuff in here... What are the power tiers in the game? I know Dorf and Darunia are at the top, but I don't know who else fits where.

Ah, you're talking about the statistic strength of the characters, eh?

Spoiler

Lowest

• Ruto
  • Fi
  • Tingle

Low

• Sheik
  • Zelda
  • Agitha
  • Wizzro
  • Young Link
  • Linkle
  • Skull Kid
  • Tetra
  • Medli

Medium

• Link
  • Lana
  • Zant
  • Cia
  • Toon Link
  • Marin
  • Toon Zelda
  • Ravio

High

• Impa
  • Midna
  • Ghirahim
  • Volga
  • Twili Midna
  • King Daphnes
  • Yuga

Highest

• Ganondorf
  • Darunia

16 minutes ago, Folt said:

Ah, you're talking about the statistic strength of the characters, eh?

Hide contents

Lowest

• Ruto
  • Fi
  • Tingle

Low

• Sheik
  • Zelda
  • Agitha
  • Wizzro
  • Young Link
  • Linkle
  • Skull Kid
  • Tetra
  • Medli

Medium

• Link
  • Lana
  • Zant
  • Cia
  • Toon Link
  • Marin
  • Toon Zelda
  • Ravio

High

• Impa
  • Midna
  • Ghirahim
  • Volga
  • Twili Midna
  • King Daphnes
  • Yuga

Highest

• Ganondorf
  • Darunia

Yeah, that's what I had in mind. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

To add on to what Folt said, the difference in the Strength value between characters in one tier from that of an adjacent one (at the same level) is 25 points. The gap remains this size regardless of whether the characters in question are at level 99 or 255 or anywhere in between (don't know about less than 99- but it's probably the same difference).

Meaning Impa has 25 more Strength than Link, being one tier above him (if we put the weakest characters at the bottom, and the strongest at the top). Whereas Ganondorf would have 50 more Strength than Link being two tiers above him. So the difference between the strongest tier of characters and the weakest is 100 points. Which is totally insignificant at 255, but certainly not meaningless when at levels you haven't grinded into oblivion for.

Can anyone confirm that elements are in this game? I've seen so much discussion about them in the forums but I don't think I've seen any videos or pictures where they are confirmed...

I'm not sure if they are commonplace in Warrior games, I've only played HW so I only have that to go off. But to me elements and the weapon triangle seem a little redundant. Maybe that's just my personal opinion though haha

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To add on to what Folt said, the difference in the Strength value between characters in one tier from that of an adjacent one (at the same level) is 25 points. The gap remains this size regardless of whether the characters in question are at level 99 or 255 or anywhere in between (don't know about less than 99- but it's probably the same difference).

Meaning Impa has 25 more Strength than Link, being one tier above him (if we put the weakest characters at the bottom, and the strongest at the top). Whereas Ganondorf would have 50 more Strength than Link being two tiers above him. So the difference between the strongest tier of characters and the weakest is 100 points. Which is totally insignificant at 255, but certainly not meaningless when at levels you haven't grinded into oblivion for.

It's actually only 25 points difference once all characters are 99 (but they keep that difference thereafter). It's still rather significant because while the real damage that characters do is determined moreso by damage multipliers than the Power stat, the Power stat provides the base for said damage multipliers so Ganondorf would for example always deal more damage than a Link wielding the Gauntlets weapon overall since while Gauntlets!Link has multipliers that can rival Ganondorf's, Ganondorf's higher Power Stat means he always does slightly higher damage than Link if his attack use an equally high damage multiplier.

2 minutes ago, Torii said:

Can anyone confirm that elements are in this game? I've seen so much discussion about them in the forums but I don't think I've seen any videos or pictures where they are confirmed...

I'm not sure if they are commonplace in Warrior games, I've only played HW so I only have that to go off. But to me elements and the weapon triangle seem a little redundant. Maybe that's just my personal opinion though haha

Elements are likely going to be more like they are in Dynasty Warriors, where you can afflict your opponents with different kinds of effects/attributes depending on what element you're using against them, rather than having elements do more effective damage against certain characters.