ALCOHOL PREFERENCES  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you #TEAMRUM or #TEAMCOCKTAIL??

2. 2. Should we pick "safe units" for the other team?

• nah, sounds like a pointless nuisance
    • sure wynaut, nuisance is the entire point!

HELLOOOO Serenes Forest!

Welcome to the Serenes Forest Smash & Gaming Discord Server's THIRD (3rd) FIRE EMBLEM TAGTEAM EVENT! Four tagteams this is not, neither is this only two. Five is right out

Following on the heels of our massive success with Blazing Sword, and our amazing randomized Binding Blade tag-team (Roy is so bad that when he promoted the game crashed irretrievably), we decided to move onto the most beloved Fire Emblem in the series, and @Jedi's personal favorite, Fire Emblem: Awankening. Unfortunately, we can't transfer save data for 3DS games very easily, so we agreed that it would be the best to the second best game in the series: Berwick Saga.

Which of course is why we're not doing any such thing, and instead settled on Thracia 776, which half of us have never played before.

We have a record-breaking NINE players signed up for this, which was almost going to be an issue until @Batter the Beast started talking shit about fruity cocktails and extolling the virtues of rum instead. Of course, I, a gentleman, could never stomach playing on the same tagteam as such a philistine, so I cast him out of the group entirely. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that @Terrador, @Lord Raven, @ίce, and @Carmine Sword were also entirely lacking in moral fiber, and they left along with him to form a team of degenerates.

On the side of justicesugar, and delicious mixed drinks, I, @Euklyd, am joined by @Jedi, @General Horace, and the leading man, @Refa.

The rules are as follows:

1. Screw over your own team as much as you like, but do try to actually finish the run.
  2. The other team is full of soulless heathens, and as such must be fucked over as best you can manage. To facilitate this, each team's players will be matched with chapters by the opposing team (details below).
  3. Don't fuck this up and break the ROM this time, you nerds.
  4. This is a serious competition, and as such should be taken completely seriously. No fun allowed.
  5. Each player can declare one (1) safe unit, which shall be safe from death at the hands of their teammates.
    1. You can only declare units that have already been recruited as safe.

Chapter picking process:

There are 33 chapters to select from. All gaidens are forced. Chapters 16A/16B and 17A/17B are drafted together; you don't get to choose which route the other team does. 

The selection order for each team is as follows:

TEAM RUM: Carmine, Batter, Raven, Terrador, Ice

TEAM COCKTAIL: Jedi, Refa, Horace, Euklyd

The way this will work is that Carmine will pick a chapter for Jedi, then Batter for Refa, then Raven for Horace, then Terrador for Euklyd, then Ice for Jedi again, etc. etc., and vise versa for how Team Cocktail picks for Team Rum.

LET THE ODDS MAY BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR

disclaimer: i may or may not have written this post last night while drunk i blame jedi for everything

EDIT: Refa points out that the scientific name for "team cocktail" is actually #TEAM SEXY BITCH, however we must be eSports about this and so will continue referring to ourselves as #TEAM COCKTAIL

Edited by Euklyd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I was just talking about how fruity cocktails aren't cost efficient in terms of getting one drunk and you turn it into a personal war. Okay, man. We are the side of fun, getting trashed and not having to spend $10 on every drink while the other team is a bunch of dumb nerds.

Maybe if you were competent enough to make your own fruity cocktails. Literally just blend frozen strawberries, half a banana, frozen lemonade, and some rum, you have yourself a daiquiri.

Why would you bother? Fruity drinks taste nice, sure, but drinking already gets you FAT; hard liquor can be pretty tasty without chugging a Cadbury creme egg along with it!

1 minute ago, Terrador said:

Why would you bother? Fruity drinks taste nice, sure, but drinking already gets you FAT; hard liquor can be pretty tasty without chugging a Cadbury creme egg along with it!

that's why i play 3+ hours of fire emblem a day, to work off the calories from drinking delicious cocktails

y'all should try it

(and after that, i play melee to work off the calories i get from sitting around playing smash 4)

shit i knew that

i blame jedi rum

e: aight i fixed it

Edited by Euklyd

it's ok i can make you a virgin strawberry daiquiri i'm good at those

it's much easier than making you some non-alcoholic rum

1 minute ago, Terrador said:

...a virgin strawberry daiquiri? Is that what the kids are calling a smoothie these days?

i was taught how to make the daiquiri when i was like 12 it's easier to think about this way

(i hope so that would be amazing)

literally you can make some of the best cocktails with rum so i have no idea what the fuck yall are on

1803b1fb42.png

let's fucking go

edit: jedi is the triple berry blend, im the lemonade, horace is the blender, and refa is the cat

Edited by Euklyd

3 hours ago, Terrador said:

Don't act like rum isn't sweet as all hell and derived from molasses. 

That said, I do like rum. 

Edited by Slumber

. . .only nine of you?  How is this even going to work?

Ah, screw it, #TeamWhiskey.  None of this sweet nonsense!

Edited by eclipse

*Sits back with a nice glass of cold water.* Alcohol, 'tis too beautiful to actually drink. And once it slides past the lips, like the dream of a whale, it bursts and the beauty is no more. Life is too short for drunkenness.

This said, I will enjoy watching you play Thracia 776 Bottles of Booze on the Wall.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Don't act like rum isn't sweet as all hell and derived from molasses. 

That said, I do like rum. 

To be honest, I don't know squat about booze; I was kidnapped from Team Weed and they're holding me prisoner!

Edited by Terrador