Abandon Moulder?

So I have been grinding my healers, and I have noticed something. Moulder is currently level 19 with 2 luck, 6 def, and 6 res. I feel like he has been absolutley screwed by the RNG god. I have completely trained up L'Arachael and mostly trained up Natasha. Should I bench Moulder?

i will include images of all of their current stats.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Moulder's Luck issue can be worked around thanks to the Hoplon Guard.  His draw is his beastly CON stat, which allows him to wield a bunch of things without taking an AS penalty - something both Natasha and L'Arachel will.  Moulder's 6 Def is tied with L'arachel for highest, except that he has 34 HP to back it up (as opposed to the two ladies who are under 30 HP).  He doesn't tank mages very well, but that's about it.

If you're taking the time to grind, then I'm not sure why this is even a question.  Postgame has infinite stat boosters, so RNG screwage isn't as big of a deal.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Moulder's Luck issue can be worked around thanks to the Hoplon Guard.  His draw is his beastly CON stat, which allows him to wield a bunch of things without taking an AS penalty - something both Natasha and L'Arachel will.  Moulder's 6 Def is tied with L'arachel for highest, except that he has 34 HP to back it up (as opposed to the two ladies who are under 30 HP).  He doesn't tank mages very well, but that's about it.

If you're taking the time to grind, then I'm not sure why this is even a question.  Postgame has infinite stat boosters, so RNG screwage isn't as big of a deal.

I was not aware of infinite stat boosters in the postgame, I was focusing more on the main game first.  

Well good to know, good bye Natasha!

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Average 19/0 Moulder:

HP 31.2  Mag 10.4  Skl 14  Spd 15.4  Lck 4.2  Def 6  Res 9

In other words, yours is pretty average, with some slight deviations; that Magic blessing is certainly worth the slight drops elsewhere.

Hmm, I did notice he got a good boost in Magic, and that Con stat is nothing to sneeze at. What exactly does Natasha topically excel at compared to Moulder?

Average Natasha at the 19/0:

HP 29 Mag 12.8  Skl 8.5  Spd 15.2  Lck 16.8  Def 4.7

Res 15.9

Natasha generally has more Magic, Luck, and Resistance than Moulder, with comparable Speed, and less HP, Skill, and Defense. She also has much less Con- when promoted, she will have 5 or 6 Con, whereas Moulder will have 11. Moulder can use Divine (the most powerful Light tome you can buy before postgame) with only 1 AS loss, whereas Bishop Natasha (5 Con) loses 7, and can't even use Lightning (6 Wt) without losing 1 Speed. 

You can find everyone's averages here:

https://serenesforest.net/the-sacred-stones/characters/average-stats/

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Average Natasha at the 19/0:

HP 29 Mag 12.8  Skl 8.5  Spd 15.2  Lck 16.8  Def 4.7

Res 15.9

Natasha generally has more Magic, Luck, and Resistance than Moulder, with comparable Speed, and less HP, Skill, and Defense. She also has much less Con- when promoted, she will have 5 or 6 Con, whereas Moulder will have 11. Moulder can use Divine (the most powerful Light tome you can buy before postgame) with only 1 AS loss, whereas Bishop Natasha (5 Con) loses 7, and can't even use Lightning (6 Wt) without losing 1 Speed. 

You can find everyone's averages here:

https://serenesforest.net/the-sacred-stones/characters/average-stats/

Good to have that information, I'll probably end up keeping Moulder then and benching Natasha with LA'rachael.

• 3 weeks later...

Moulder's high CON helps him wield heavier tomes without penalty as a sage. He also makes a passable bishop, but I think anima takes better advantage of his low magic growth.

I'd keep him. He seems to be magic blessed despite not spectacular in other areas. I would go forward with him and L'arachel, and drop Natasha if you're going to drop someone.

3 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'd keep him. He seems to be magic blessed despite not spectacular in other areas. I would go forward with him and L'arachel, and drop Natasha if you're going to drop someone.

Thanks for the advice, I did end up doing this, so you are a bit late. I'd delete this thread now but I believe only Mods can do that.