Preparing for a white 2 nuzlocke

DisobeyedCargo

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Anything I should know going into this? My starter will be Oshawot FYI 

It is always usefull to know what pokemon are gitfs or forced encounters. THis adds an element of stability to your run. In bw2, you get a zorua in driftveil city that used to belong to N. THis pokemon is always usable in a nuzlocke because of the lack of encounters in that area, so it is always the first pbtainable encounter there. THere are also insetances where you can make your encounter on a route a specific pokemon. YOu can  get a dearing with serine grace on route 6, which would require you to use repel untill you get to the research facility, and avoid all of the "fake items" that force a foongus encounter (i found dearling to be really good).

If you want a skill link mincinio (which is REALLY good, imo), you are forced to encounter one the first time you visit route 5. idk if you have to walk through grass to get to it. Use a repel if you do.

If you want a foongus to be the pkokemon that you encounter on route 6 or 7 (or amongus on routes 11, 22, or 23), you can use a repel, and then intentionally trigger a fake item encounter.

If you want a crustle to be your seaside cave encounter, use repels there untill the storyline forces you to battle one.

You can get a Defiant braiviary on route 4 on a monday (plack 2 gets a mandibuzz instead). Note that this is a level 25 braivairy, which is 29 levels lower then you could normaly get braviary if you evolved it from rufflet . It is a fixed encounter, so be sure to use repel before you get to it. You may want to set your ds/3ds clock accordingly before starting your game, so that you get to route 4 on a monday.

IF you want a damp jelicent, you can find it as a fixed encouter in undela bay on a thursday. Make sure to use a repel before reaching it.

The only possible driftviel drawbridge encounter is a duckelt. You also force an auduino encounter by using repels untill rusteling ggrass shows up on a route where auduino is the only rustling grass encounter. (auduino is actualy a decent special attacker/wall, especialy in the early game when its base stats re rally good releve to everyting else.

As a reminder, repels only work on random encounters where the pokemon are a higher level than your party leader. This has two implications. 1: when using the repel to avoid encounters untill a fixed encounter, make sure that the pokemon at the head of your party is of a higher level than all possible random encounters.2: you can abuse the "repel trick" where you chose the level of your party leader so that some (but not all) potential encounters can show up when you use repel. THis can be abused to reduce the amount of grinding that you have to do (in my experience, the getting a new pokemon up to spead is when they are most likely to die).

Of course, you could argue that using mechanical quirks to plan a team like this is counter to the spirit of a nuzlocke. I will reply by pointing out that I honestly have never finished a nuzlocke, which results in me having an "anything is fair game" mentality. As a result of several bad nuzlocke experiences, my chiallange runs tend to be things like monotypes, or wierd things like "only evelutions" (umbrion is a a pretty good wall).

5 minutes ago, sirmola said:

It is always usefull to know what pokemon are gitfs or forced encounters. THis adds an element of stability to your run. In bw2, you get a zorua in driftveil city that used to belong to N. THis pokemon is always usable in a nuzlocke because of the lack of encounters in that area, so it is always the first pbtainable encounter there. THere are also insetances where you can make your encounter on a route a specific pokemon. YOu can  get a dearing with serine grace on route 6, which would require you to use repel untill you get to the research facility, and avoid all of the "fake items" that force a foongus encounter (i found dearling to be really good).

If you want a skill link mincinio (which is REALLY good, imo), you are forced to encounter one the first time you visit route 5. idk if you have to walk through grass to get to it. Use a repel if you do.

If you want a foongus to be the pkokemon that you encounter on route 6 or 7 (or amongus on routes 11, 22, or 23), you can use a repel, and then intentionally trigger a fake item encounter.

If you want a crustle to be your seaside cave encounter, use repels there untill the storyline forces you to battle one.

You can get a Defiant braiviary on route 4 on a monday (plack 2 gets a mandibuzz instead). Note that this is a level 25 braivairy, which is 29 levels lower then you could normaly get braviary if you evolved it from rufflet . It is a fixed encounter, so be sure to use repel before you get to it. You may want to set your ds/3ds clock accordingly before starting your game, so that you get to route 4 on a monday.

IF you want a damp jelicent, you can find it as a fixed encouter in undela bay on a thursday. Make sure to use a repel before reaching it.

The only possible driftviel drawbridge encounter is a duckelt. You also force an auduino encounter by using repels untill rusteling ggrass shows up on a route where auduino is the only rustling grass encounter. (auduino is actualy a decent special attacker/wall, especialy in the early game when its base stats re rally good releve to everyting else.

As a reminder, repels only work on random encounters where the pokemon are a higher level than your party leader. This has two implications. 1: when using the repel to avoid encounters untill a fixed encounter, make sure that the pokemon at the head of your party is of a higher level than all possible random encounters.2: you can abuse the "repel trick" where you chose the level of your party leader so that some (but not all) potential encounters can show up when you use repel. THis can be abused to reduce the amount of grinding that you have to do (in my experience, the getting a new pokemon up to spead is when they are most likely to die).

Of course, you could argue that using mechanical quirks to plan a team like this is counter to the spirit of a nuzlocke. I will reply by pointing out that I honestly have never finished a nuzlocke, which results in me having an "anything is fair game" mentality. As a result of several bad nuzlocke experiences, my chiallange runs tend to be things like monotypes, or wierd things like "only evelutions" (umbrion is a a pretty good wall).

I also have that mentality when it comes it nuzlockes.

i am aware of all the static encounters with near perfect iv Zorua, Defiant Braviary, etc... and the rules of repel.

the main thing I was worried about were particular battles that are known to be difficult in a nuzlocke scenario, due to BW2's sheer amount of battles.

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Train against every wild pokemon before the first gym, otherwise Cheren will be very difficult.

Believe me, I know only too well to struggles against Cheren, getting a riolu would make that much easier, but I can't count on that