Rate the FE Music Above You

Ae†her

Eh...it's not bad, but I feel like they went to overboard trying to make it sound epic. I prefer the NES track it's based on. 6/10

Edit: shit, I screwed up gimme a sec to find an FE song.

A Mighty Host Appears - Shadow Dragon

Edited by Robert of Normandy

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nohr Crystal said:

Uhhhhhhh......not an FE song....

I know, I've corrected it. >.<

(for the next poster: ignore this and rate Nohr Crystal's song)

Frankly I prefer "The Air of Brutality." It's kinda boring, but the instruments used makes it sound befitting of monsters and Terrors. It does get better after 0:36 though. Too bad we rarely hear it past there in the game itself. 6.3/10.

Versus Arvis - Genealogy of the Holy War.

I like it quite a bit, particularly how it starts with just the keyboard, and then it plays all the way down and the bass comes in, then the keyboard and bass works together to build up the tension that fighting the Valflame would be expected to have.

8/10

BS: Campaign of Fire

It just screams "The final battle!" It truly embodies the last strike against Medeus to end his "Reign of Despair." But despite how good it is, something about it doesn't sound like it fits in a Fire Emblem battle. Nonetheless, a good track. 9.2/10.

Recently discovered this one: In the Battle ~ Fate - Thracia 776.

• 4 weeks later...

.....That is the first time I've seen this track referred to as that of all names. Well, Id Purpose is still as it's always been to me: up there as a personal favourite for Awakening, with what is probably the best use of the Id theme, capping the end of the long journey of the Shepherds. I'm more surprised it's never been in the thread before.

9/10 (probably an 8.5 if I was being honest, but I'm feeling generous)

One who carves a new history (New Mystery)

• 4 weeks later...

Great improvement on the original (aka pretty much the entirety of SoV), giving the situation the backing to convey the hope of whichever army you're in bringing people together. Solid 8/10, though I might feel like bumping it a bit.

Genealogy - Chapter 3 (Eldigan the Lionheart)