I found a way to properly use Frederick now

WindowsX

1. Pass Bronze Sword to Frederic as soon as possible
2. Throw Frederick into fire zone
3. You get near-death enemies around Frederick

This pattern makes game so much easier up to the point that I have to deliberately let someone getting attacked so Lissa can heal and gain level. :D

On 6/19/2017 at 8:03 PM, Ritisa said:

that's called using a jeigan as originally intended. congrats on figuring it out on your own in the game that makes no prompt of it lol

Uhh Frederick has good growths so he's not a Jeigan. A Jeigan is someone who's bases are only good enough for the first few chapters, after which, the unit stats to become useless unless extreme grinding is done.

Frederick is more of an Oifaye type so even if others catch up to him, he's still usable considering the fact that reclassing exists and his good growths exist as well.

inb4 this turns into another debate thread about the usage of the term "Oifey"

And yeah, this is pretty much how he's supposed to be used, even if they don't necessarily convey that in Awakening.  Alternatively, you use him as a shield to protect weaker units and have him hold chokepoints for that purpose.  Or you could just try to solo the entire game with him, since he's actually a pretty decent unit.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

frederick_emblem__fredericking_by_obsidi

Here's the real way to use Frederick.

Somehow he has muscular arms, slim ladylike legs, and a curvy body. He transcends the flesh and commands it into the form that he desires.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Somehow he has muscular arms, slim ladylike legs, and a curvy body. He transcends the flesh and commands it into the form that he desires.

The slim leg thing is a problem with a lot of Kozaki's FE art, imo. But Frederick's legs didn't look that slim to me. And even then, some men who are pretty tall like he is DO have slim legs. Take Ben Roethlisberger from the Pittsburgh Steelers in the US's NFL. He's called Big Ben because he's real tall and stuff, but man does he have skinny legs. lol

Frederick does look a bit curvy at the torso though. :P

Also, one can use Frederick any way they want in this game since reclassing and all is a thing, honestly. I personally had him go Great Knight -> Great Knight -> Dread Fighter.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The slim leg thing is a problem with a lot of Kozaki's FE art, imo. But Frederick's legs didn't look that slim to me. And even then, some men who are pretty tall like he is DO have slim legs. Take Ben Roethlisberger from the Pittsburgh Steelers in the US's NFL. He's called Big Ben because he's real tall and stuff, but man does he have skinny legs. lol

I was just joking with the edited Awakening cover art Thane posted- Chrom has muscular arms, Say'ri the legs, and Tharja the body.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was just joking with the edited Awakening cover art Thane posted- Chrom has muscular arms, Say'ri the legs, and Tharja the body.

Oh, my bad. lol

Well, I can help if anyone wants to use Frederick seriously! I learned how to since I love him. ^^