Fire Emblem Echoes is the best selling game on 3DS topping Pokemon Sun and Moon on May!

Coming from NPD

1. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Pokemon Moon
  4. Super Mario Maker
  5. Mario Kart 7
  6. Mario Sports Superstars
  7. Super Smash Bros.
  8. Poochy and Yoshi’s Wooly World
  9. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  10. Super Mario 3D Land

Here is the source!

So good news then....I mean It topped 7th in the overall software section so that's good right?

Edited by Harvey

Oh yeah, topping Pokemon is definitely quite a feat! This gives me hope that IS will give us better stories and characters from now on and stop sacrificing their quality for fanservice since Echoes did really well in both.

Also, big shoutout to Sun for beating Moon! Sun is the best of the two! :D

Edited by Anacybele

I'd not even surprised, if this was intended by the OP to let the entire FE community think that Echoes really have been the most sold 3DS game of all time just to get more attention. One person felt into this trap as I can see.
Otherwise this list would be bland and nobody would care. I guess Awakening and Fates also were sold the most in their month of release and no one made a thread for this because it was expectable.

Edit: Title is fixed thankfully.

Edited by はたの 秦 こころ

Ok. I see something very wrong here. This is last month's overall sales right? Then how come GTA V still is the 3rd highest overall selling game? Something doesn't add up.

I know. But the other lists just don't add up. Like how regardless of that list being May's overall top selling games, GTA V; a game released around 2 years ago still has that spot. 

Look, whether its last month or now does it really matter? I mean, we haven't seen sales figures of this game for a long time now besides Japan so does it really matter if its now or last month?

Besides, I'm spreading this as news that you might like since Echoes is a game that many here seem to like. So isn't that suppose to make you guys happy?

They could have taken this as a passive aggressive dig at one of their fave Fire Emblem games maybe? That's the only reason I can think for them to be unhappy about Echoes doing well. Well, that or them bein' mad that you left out that important tidbit to make the game look better.

Either way, I'm surprised it outsold Pokemon Sun and Moon but those games' attach rate already ended so it might not be that much of an achievement.

5 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Look, whether its last month or now does it really matter? I mean, we haven't seen sales figures of this game for a long time now besides Japan so does it really matter if its now or last month?

Besides, I'm spreading this as news that you might like since Echoes is a game that many here seem to like. So isn't that suppose to make you guys happy?

It matters because the old wording was confusing, and gave the wrong impression of how well it was doing relative to Sun and Moon.

Thank you for fixing it, though.

4 minutes ago, Doof said:

Well, that or them bein' mad that you left out that important tidbit to make the game look better.

In other words, this.  I like Echoes, and I'm glad it's doing well, but the old wording was misleading about what you were posting.

Of course IT DOES MATTER!

Videogames are also a part of the product life cycle... except that the introduction phase doesn't really exist. The sales are the best on the first days after the date of release.
So it's absolute not surprise that Echoes, a well made game of a popular franchise, surpasses a more popular game which is in a saturation phase already in the month of release.

Edited by はたの 秦 こころ

31 minutes ago, Doof said:

They could have taken this as a passive aggressive dig at one of their fave Fire Emblem games maybe? That's the only reason I can think for them to be unhappy about Echoes doing well. Well, that or them bein' mad that you left out that important tidbit to make the game look better.

Either way, I'm surprised it outsold Pokemon Sun and Moon but those games' attach rate already ended so it might not be that much of an achievement.

I was just nitpicking in the GTA V thing. I'm definitely happy seeing Echoes selling this well. Not to mention this is a huge turn around from the sales in Japan.

34 minutes ago, GrimmLow said:

I was just nitpicking in the GTA V thing. I'm definitely happy seeing Echoes selling this well. Not to mention this is a huge turn around from the sales in Japan.

Now if the numbers were revealed......

the game is probably selling well, but there's absolutely NOTHING surprising in it outselling a 7 month old game, even if it's pokemon.

SALES RANKS IN A PERIOD MEAN NOTHING WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE RELEASE DATE OF THE GAMES

Edited by Nobody

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

the game is probably selling well, but there's absolutely NOTHING surprising in it outselling a 7 month old game, even if it's pokemon.

SALES RANKS IN A PERIOD MEAN NOTHING WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE RELEASE DATE OF THE GAMES

Coming in #7 for the month is still a decent showing

I imagine it will fall off, but it will be interesting to see if it has legs or not.

7 hours ago, GrimmLow said:

I know. But the other lists just don't add up. Like how regardless of that list being May's overall top selling games, GTA V; a game released around 2 years ago still has that spot. 

GTA Online (the online mode to GTA V) is very popular and still receives free updates, so maybe that has something to do with it. Also, the "all games" list seems to include digital sales data for some games (including GTA V), but not others. This makes it pretty useless because the numbers are incomperable. THis means tht GTAV is higher on the list because it is using an number that is more widely defined (all sales) compaired to half of the other cames on the list, which are using a number that is defined more narowly. The 3ds list, on the other hand, includes no digital sales for any game, so the numbers are comperable (and thus more usefull).

Some people here live in a tiny bubble if they're surprised GTA, Call of Duty, and Pokemon still sell more than most games months and years after release.

A three year old Call of Duty became the top seller very recently.

I'm surprised Pokémon Sun and Moon are still selling so high after seven months! I'm glad SoV did pretty good, but it's not that big of a feat to outsell an old game. Also I'm pretty sure the Ultra versions will sell about 3 times what SoV did at the very least. 

Anyways, this means that having more Echoes titles in the future is pretty likely so everything's good!