Personal skills for past units

LB44

One of the things that I found to be really enjoyable from Fates was the fact that each unit had a skill that was unique to themselves, influencing the way you would use them for a chapter, alongside being more or less inspired by their own personality.

That said, if these skills were also in past games, what would they be for each unit? Could be reasonable or busted, but here are some hypotheticals that I have, and I'm interested in all your ideas too.

Karel (fe7): Sword Demon. Crit +5 for the next turn after defeating an enemy. Stacks with each successive win.

Bartre: Brawn over Brain. Hit/avoid +5, dmg/res +/- 3 against magical units

Garcia: Veteran of Renais. Grants hit/avoid +10 to all units within 3 tiles

Dagdar: Capture expert. No stat penalties when capturing

Rebecca: Natural sight. Range +1 on terrain

Draug: Chokepoint. Defense increase by 5 if standing on a regular tile, between two impassable terrain tiles

Edited by lbrasz44

This is an interesting idea personally I liked the unique skills that reflected the characters personality and/or role on the battlefield. Although some of the ones I didn't like were ones that were more generic (such as Corrin's which just gave a bonus to all C support or higher allies)

Personally I think Robin from Awakening should have something like Tactical Support +5% chance to activate a dual attack or dual guard.

It's late and I should already be in bed, so I don't have time to do any math and balance the skills, but I can't resist this thread every time it shows up.

Lyn - Grace of the Plains: Speed increased by 3 while fighting outdoors.

Volke - Payday: increases Skill and Strength by 2 for every (reasonable number of thousands of) gold in your inventory.

Tibarn - Aerial Superiority: +15 hit/avoid against all flying units.

Skrimir - Careless Assault: damage dealt during player phase increased by 6. Damage taken during enemy phase increased by 3.

Virion - Archest Archer: +1 range with all bows (if that's too broken, then +15 hit/avoid against all ranged units).

Morgan - Fast Learner: damage increased by 7 against enemies they have previously attacked.

Micaiah: Sacrifice (duh), Janaff and Ulki already have personals too (Elincia does as well, but having Mercy permanently a part of her would be bad). Although Volug and Shinon aren't the only ones able to use Halfshift and Provoke, I consider these their personals because they suit their personalities so well.

Jaffar: Angel of Death- increases Silencer's activation rate by 6% (halved vs. non-final bosses).

Duessel: Obsidian- when HP falls below half, increases Lck, Def, and Res by 4. I know obsidian is a fragile rock that breaks easy, but I don't think IS does. It's a defensive and nerfed version of Resolve.

Shinon: I'll give him another. Taunt- for 1 turn, decreases the Def of all enemies within 2 spaces by 3 points, but increases their Str and Mag by 6.

Haar: Sleeper- regenerates 7 HP and cures status at the start of the player phase if there are no units within 3 spaces of him.

Naesala: Vortex- command- a magic attack with the same statistics as Tornado (Elwind is too weak vs. Naesala's Talon), plus a load Crit to compensate for lack of Tear activating abilities. I dislike that RD took this interesting little skill from him, he'd need his Magic stat buffed to make it viable though.

Giffca: King's Shadow- increases Hit, Avoid, Crit and Dodge by 5% when within three spaces of Caineghis. Will also take hits which would kill Caineghis if adjacent to him.

Caineghis: King among Red Lions- can walk on water.

Stefan: Latent Blood- chance equal to Luck of increasing Strength by 10 for a given hit.

Pelleas: Spirit Charmer- command- sacrifices HP equal to the equipped tome's base Might and adds it to Atk (if Pelleas doubles, HP will be consumed for both attacks).