[FE7] Time for a SOYO Draft

Peppy

More FE7 is always fun.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Bartre and Karla are drafted as a pair.
4. Geitz and Wallace are drafted as a pair.
5. Marcus is banned after Chapter 16.
6. The game will be played on Hector Normal Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.
7. SOYO Styled Drafting will occur (still in snake order).
8. All units remaining in the drafting pool are not free.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.
3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 23x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.
4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Matthew is free for Chapter 11.
2. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.
3. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16.
4. Undrafted Thieves may be used to open Doors & Chests and to steal necessary Promotion Items.

Units Remaining:

Matthew

Teams:
DavidBoey: Florina, Nino, Louise, Farina, Dart, Canas, Heath - 147 Turns
StrykerZ: Lowen, Wallace/Geitz, Vaida, Raven, Lyn, Lucius, Priscilla
Peppy: Bartre/Karla, Harken, Dorcas, Hawkeye, Pent, Isadora, Kent - 155 Turns
Kebe: Guy, Karel, Wil, Jaffar, Oswin, Serra, Sain
PaulDogg: Erk, Renault, Rebecca, Legault, Eliwood, Rath, Fiora - 166 Turns

Edited by Peppy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway to play Hector Normal Mode without playing/beating Lyn Mode first?

I haven't played the game fully yet, and my data was deleted, but if I can play HNM without beating the game first, then I'll join.

Edited by KadenTheKitsune

5 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Is there anyway to play Hector Normal Mode without playing/beating Lyn Mode first?

If you already beat Eliwood Normal Mode, I think you should be able to play Hector Normal Mode directly.

If you plan on playing this on an emulator, a save that has Hector Normal Mode unlocked wouldn't be too hard to find.

Edited by Peppy

5 minutes ago, Peppy said:

If you plan on playing this on an emulator, a save that has Hector Normal Mode unlocked wouldn't be too hard to find.

I was planning on playing on an emulator. I'll try to find a save that has Hector Normal Mode unlocked. So I'll join your draft.

Looks like all the spots are filled

sxb0PRb.png

KadenTheKitsune picks for David Boey, who then picks for StrykerZ, who then picks for me, who then picks for Kebe, who then picks for KadenTheKitsune

KadenTheKitsune, you get to pick first blood.

Edited by Peppy

Oops, sorry for taking so long. I didn't mean to keep everyone waiting, I was super busy and didn't have time to log on yesterday.

So on the way the drafting is supposed to go, I'm supposed to choose a character for the person that goes after me?

Yep. The order of the randomizer is who picks and the one below the current one picking is the one who recieves that pick. So you always pick for David Boey

Edited by Peppy

Considering most people play for LTC in these drafts and what not, mounted units tend to be good, especially flyers who show up early game. Still, you can feel free to stick with this decision.

Edited by Peppy

4 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Really? Well, I gave him Florina because I don't really like her as a character and unit and didn't want to get stuck with her.

Well, the goal of a draft is to beat the game in the least amount of turns. Considering Florina is the first flyer of the game for a while, she saves a lot of turns that no other character can during that part of the game. Indeed, she is one of the most valuable units in a FE7 draft, and giving her to a player is definitely a huge favor, which isn't exactly the goal of the drafting stage of a SOYO draft, but you do you I guess.

Just now, Peppy said:

Considering most people play for LTC in these drafts and what not, mounted units tend to be good, especially flyers who show up early game. Still, you can feel free to stick with this decision

No, I'll just keep it. I'm not going to go back and change it.

Alright StrykerZ, prepare yourself. With only 30% growths in strength and speed, you'll have real trouble killing anybody. So take Lowen and curse your fate!

It's unfair if I'm the only one who gets a good unit first round :nino:

rip me

If that's the case, Kebe will get to know a relatively earlygame unit. You can say he will get to know a Guy

Pick again. This SOYO is snake style

Let's really ramp up the screwage here now.

Edited by Peppy

He costs turns to get and only comes with a sword that has a bit of higher crit than the killing edge. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Karel!