[FE7] Time for a SOYO Draft

Peppy

1 hour ago, Kebe said:

I don't know how you guys got sub-5 turns if he doesn't move, so I don't know what's going on.

I was able to obtain 3 by having Isadora charge to the boss via the right side (needing to dodge some reasonable hit rates) and she two rounded Eubans with a Halberd.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 28: Turn 15 Total 123
Merlinus promoted! And so did Rebecca. This is a big chapter, but I got a lot of neat stuff.

Chapter 28x: Turn Free Total 123
I considered skipping this out of laziness but I have a thief and I want to make him an assassin. Fiora got the boots.

Chapter 29: Turn 5 Total 128
This took way too many tries to get. Used a rescue charge to make the 5 turn. Hector took care the of southeast wyvern reinforcements, Rebecca took the far east side, Erk and Rath went to the armors. Legault took care of the myrmidons just west then went to Erk and Rath's position. Fiora carried Eliwood, was danced, and dropped him off on the west side to help her clear that side a bit. Fiora went north from there after grabbing the village, Eliwood went northeast. Fiora took the boss down.

Chapter 30: Turn 6 Total 134
I didn't forsee giving Eliwood the boots instead of Fiora would be a better idea since he can carry Hector. Lesson learned for next time I guess. Also doesn't help that I didn't get Erk up to A staves yet. This is probably at least 4 turn-able.

23 - 6/82
Pent did most of the heavy lifting. My current team took care of most of the enemies from the east side. 5-Turn would be extremely unreliable since a Wyvern Rider would be out of Pent's range if one try to lure in one of the Mage reinforcements.

24 - 1/83
Gotta rig dat Killer Axe crit with Hawkeye.

25 - 5/88
Kent ferries Hector to Pascal's fort and then heads down to the Warrior's fort to try and help out (he didn't end up contributing though). Hawkeye ferried Isadora across the mountains and dropped her off so she could seize the Bishop's fort. Bartre and Dorcas go to seize the Warrior's fort. Ninian danced Hawkeye during the first turn and then danced Bartre and Dorcas when she could during the rest of the turns. Florina makes a brief appearance to go shopping for some Steel weapons. Heath was gonna go to the Vendor before I realized that there was nothing useful being sold there.

Edited by Peppy

On 01/07/2017 at 0:09 PM, PaulDogg said:

I don't know if he moves since I wasn't in his range. What I did specifically was have Fiora pick up Hector and move south about as much as she could while still being in Ninian's dance range, then move even further south, past the ballistae, where Fiora drops Hector so he can take some heat.

I did this with Florina (she reached the staircase where the wyvern is turn 1), and Hector walked the rest of the way

17x 4/53 

Being a mooncalf takes a lot of effort and rigging. I should also be doing my drafts and stop being distracted by genealogy.

Edited by StrykerZ

26 - 11/99
Decided to bait Vaida with Hector so Pent could go shopping. Needed some Elfire, Killers and Throwing Weapons. Asides from that, everybody got shitty level ups in this map.

27 - 7/106
This took quite a bit of doing. It was time for Bartre and Dorcas to promote. Dorcas stayed behind to deal with the Warrior's room and the two Brigands that snuck towards the start. Kent and Hector went to Jerme's room (Brave Axe and Secret Book for Hector came in handy. Kent took care of most of the Horseback group in front of Jerme's room). Isadora ferried Pent and she went to deal with the Hero's room and the Falcoknight reinforcements while Pent took care of the General's room. Bartre and Hawkeye took care of the Sniper's room. Matthew looted the chests in the Central room. Of course, every drafted unit killed enemies along the way. Harken was not worth the extra 3 turns. Dorcas also got 2 points of speed that he sorely needed.

Chapter 31: Turn 11 Total 145
Merlinus sits on the throne and everyone else kinda just does their thing. This game has so many defence chapters. Erk reaches A rank staves finally. I probably could've done that sooner if I knew what I was doing but better late than never.

Chapter 31x: Turn 5 Total 150
Got supplies. I let Legault fight at the arena since he's my only rng screwed character.

Chapter 32: Turn 5 Total 155
Fiora carries Erk and gets danced so that Fiora can drop Erk. They're more or less on the other side of the valley just NE of the start. Eliwood picks up Hector and lands on a fort. Rebecca and Rath rescue drop Nils to get him one, effectively two because of the fort, spaces forward in prep for the next turn. Fiora clears a cav, Erk moves ahead as much as he can and Eliwood moves as much as possible with the help of Nils. One more turn of moving NE. Moving more NE, Erk warps a dropped Hector from the left side of the river over to the fort to the east. Didn't even have to rig Fiora critting twice with her spear, she just did it. Warped Eliwood over to finish the boss and let Hector seize. Maybe there's a better way to do this with this team but this worked.

Chapter 32x: Turn 2 Total 157
Eliwood picks up Hector, Nils dances, Erk warps them in, and Eliwood drops Hector. Had to rig a crit for Eliwood and then Hector finishes the job with a Tomahawk.

Final Part 1: Turn 8 Total 165
Everyone's decked out in sweet gear and ready to rumble. I don't know if the finals are counted separately as far as everyone else is concerned, but they are in game so that's how I'm doing it. Probably could've gotten a 7 turn with better planning but it's not like I'm winning this draft so I just went with my first take.

Final Part 2: Turn 1 Total 166
Tfw almost nobody is strong enough to hurt the dragon. Hector doubles, Eliwood hits for good damage, Athos hits for good damage. Rath rescues Athos, Fiora rescues Eliwood, Erk physics Hector. Hector finishes on enemy phase.

Been a long time since I played this game last. I really overestimated how hard Normal mode would be. All of my characters were useful, blessed level ups or not, there were so many defense chapters. If I knew what I know now during the drafting process, I probably wouldn't have given Heath to David Boey, but I still do think he had the least to gain out of receiving a flier since he already had Florina, and it screws over everyone else too. I'm pretty happy with my run and I'm excited to see how everyone else does. Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Turn count: 166

28 - 15/121
It's all about the self-improvement here. Also looted all the chests.

28x - FREE (20)/121
Some more self-improvement. Got the Speedwings and I am undecided on whether to give them to Bartre or Dorcas (while Dorcas does have less speed, I dunno whether the speed boost will get him past the required speed threshold to double most enemies). The Afa's Drops finally kicked in for Kent.

Unit         Class                  Level HP ST SK SP LK DF RS Weapon Ranks
Hector       Lord             20.00/----- 25 17 14 15 11 17 04 A Axes
Dorcas       Fighter          19.??/11.27 54 24 22 10 15 11 06 S Axes, E Bows
Bartre       Fighter          20.00/09.05 56 20 18 13 11 17 10 S Axes, E Bows
Kent         Paladin          13.??/14.11 43 20 17 19 07 19 06 C Swords, B Lances, C Axes
Isadora      Paladin          -----/13.06 33 15 17 21 15 08 06 A Swords, B Lances, C Axes
Hawkeye      Berserker        -----/14.77 57 21 16 14 14 17 13 S Axes
Pent         Sage             -----/16.25 39 22 21 19 17 14 20 S Anima, A Staves
Ninian       Dancer           04.98/----- 17 00 00 13 13 06 05 -
Edited by Peppy

Chapter 25 3/84

Had to early promote Heath to pull this off. Heath went west, Florina grabbed Dan, was danced, and dropped him east. He got the village while she did the boss. Canas and Hector dropped Ninian west so she could dance Canas next to the three forts. Pascal attacked him from the centre fort. Turn 3 he killed Pascal, was danced, and "seized".

Chapter 26 11/95

Heath trained swords while others self-improved. This is how well Louise did on this chapter, btw.

yjBwkxT.png

I didn't swap any weapons, either.

Chapter 27 5/100

Florina grabbed Hector, was danced, and flew up. Dan and Heath dropped Ninian onto a tree to help her dodging siege tomes.

Turn 2, Heath grabbed Canas, was danced, and dropped him inside. Florina dropped Hector. Dan grabbed Ninian.

Turn 3, Dart dropped Ninian forward, she was grabbed by Florina and dropped by Heath inside. Canas moved forward to counter-kill the sniper.

Turn 4, Florina and Canas cleared the way while Heath grabbed Hector and Ninian walked forward.

Turn 5, Florina killed the boss, Heath dropped Hector, who was danced and seized.

Name    Level HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
Hector  20.00 35 19 10 11 08 17 05
Flor  20/4.85 36 16 17 21 21 12 15
Can  20/11.36 38 21 17 21 09 13 16
Dan   19/4.24 47 22 18 16 08 11 04
Heath 17/7.22 42 17 18 15 09 16 05
Geez  XX/6.12 30 13 15 18 16 09 12

Chapter 28-x 15+free/115

Canas hit A staves, Heath is close to A swords, I planned for :Nino: to get vengeance on Sonia but apparently thrones also give res?

Name     Level HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
Hector   20.00 35 19 10 11 08 17 05
Flor  20/12.78 39 19 21 26 27 12 17
Canas 20/17.78 43 25 19 21 09 15 17
Dan   19/10.42 51 27 19 18 09 12 04
Heath 17/16.27 51 18 23 20 09 17 06
Geez  XX/11.91 32 16 15 20 17 10 12
Nino  13/04.34 29 14 15 19 14 11 12

Chapter 29 5/120

This chapter is easier than I remember. I guess having two good fliers helps :Nino:

Team Resistance (Florina and Canas) went east. Canas ran to Linus, Florina via the Warp village, and used their <<Double Tech - Luna Javelin>> to kill Linus. Team Defense (Heath and Dart) went north to kill those nomad troopers that always gave me trouble. Team :Nino: (Hector, Louise and Nino) cleaned up the starting area. Team reinforcement blockers had the most important job of all, and they performed it flawlessly.

Chapter 30 3/123

Flier grab Hector, Warper warps, drop Hector, kill boss, seize but not really.

It turns out Heath is weak and would need a double crit, so Florina does it.

Chapter 31 11/134

There aren't enough exp pinatas in this chapter.

Name      Level HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
Hector 20/11.01 48 24 15 18 11 26 11
Flor   20/19.55 44 21 25 28 30 14 18
Canas  20/20.00 44 26 20 24 10 16 19
Dan    19/16.15 53 29 19 21 12 13 05
Heath  17/19.29 53 19 24 21 10 17 07
Geez   XX/17.26 36 18 18 25 17 11 14
Nino   13/08.57 33 15 18 22 17 11 15
Edited by David Boey

29 - 4/125
This took quite a while to execute properly. Pent is danced and Rescues Kent and Kent makes his way to Linus. Isadora deals with the Myrms in the bottom island. Hawkeye is there to help Pent with enemies attacking him. Dorcas guards the north bridge to deal with the Nomads and Cavs. Hector and Bartre block some reinforcements (while others are killed by them). Recruited Vaida for dat Spear. On Turn 2, Pent rescues Isadora once she goes in reach of Rescue Range (Ninian assisted Isadora in getting there). From that point, Isadora heads to the Warp Village while killing all enemies in her way. Turn 3, Hawkeye takes the Rescue Staff so Pent can Hammerne it. Pent deals with the onslaught of enemies that are present in the Central part of the map. Kent starts to Silver Lance Linus. On Turn 4, Isadora gets Warp, Kent kills Linus and Hawkeye kills an errant Brigand while Pent kills the last of the General reinforcements during enemy phase. Pent finally hits Lv. 20. I also gave Isadora a Robe so she could survive more attacks that happened to hit her.

30 - 4/129
I have no mounted unit that can ferry Hector, sadly. Pent's 11 range Warp thankfully doesn't bring down the turncount too badly. Oddly enough, Hector now has more Speed than Strength.

Edited by Peppy

31 - 11/140
Got all the treasure. Decided to kill Denning near the end of this chapter so I could gather as much EXP as possible.

31x - 5/145
Go on a shopping spree, Recruit useless deadweight and train Hector at the arena.

32 - 5/150
As ridiculous as it sounds, I gave the boots to Hawkeye. No mounted unit could ferry Hector to the throne so I had to resort to Boots!Hawkeye just so Hector could seize by Turn 5 (His waterwalking skills definitely came in handy). Pent did a whole bunch of shenanigans with Rescue and Warp. Pent also used the last two Hammerne charges to get Rescue and Warp back to full use. Kent was warped to kill Limstella with the Brave Lance (he ferried Isadora so she could act as a distraction while Kent did his thing). Dorcas played a key role by rescuing Hector and transferring him to Hawkeye before Hawkeye was warped. Bartre rescued Nils once he was done singing for my drafted units. Bartre also got a C support with Dorcas. Karla was useless here.

32x - 1/151
I do the thing where I warp and rig a Killer Axe crit with Dorcas.

Final Pt. 1 - 3/154
Athos gets the Body Ring so he doubles the Fire Dragon. Dorcas gets Speedwings so he doesn't get doubled by Darin. Karla opens Ursula's room, Kent kills Ursula with the Brave Lance and Isadora trades so Kent equips the Silver Lance on Enemy Phase and she then boxes Jerme in while equipping the Killer Lance. Hawkeye crits Uhai with a Killer Axe and Pent finishes him off with Bolting. Athos chugs a Pure Water and heads to Kenneth's room. Dorcas opens Darin's room and equips a Hammer in anticipation of Darin's attack. Bartre opens Brendan's room with the Brave Axe equipped. Hector is danced by Nils and opens the Reed Brother's room with the Swordreaver equipped. Jerme and Lloyd are critkilled by Kent (Jerme went for him since he got hit by Ursula's attack) and Hector respectively while the rest of my drafted units managed to chip a significant amount of HP from the enemy they were dealing with. Next turn, Pent uses Bolting on Brendan so Bartre can kill him safely while Dorcas gets in a position that allows both Darin and his lackey to attack him. Athos kills the Bolting Sage with Luna and deals with Kenneth and Gespenst Druid on enemy phase. Pent uses another Bolting on Linus after he was danced by Nils. Linus for some reason engages Hector with the Brave Sword instead of the Tomahawk when Pent is next to Hector without Bolting equipped. Hawkeye chucks Hand Axes at the Snipers remaining in Uhai's room. Karla goes to help Hawkeye incase he couldn't double at least one Sniper. Kent and Isadora twiddle their thumbs since Jerme was killed earlier than he should have. On the last turn, Pent uses Fimbulvetr to finish Linus off, Karla kills the last Sniper (Hawkeye could have killed that Sniper but I did this just so I could say that Karla did something). Bartre finishes off Brendan's lackey. Nils danced Pent so Athos could be warped by Pent. Athos uses Aureola on Nergal and Nergal then dies on enemy phase.

Final Pt. 2 - 1/155
What else but Luna?

TOTAL TURNCOUNT - 155

Character Analysis:

nWhkV6j.pngVfGtnuZ.png
Hector was good for earlygame combat and he still contributed his fair share of combat after his promotion too. Nothing out of the ordinary.

KJkD87e.pngUn2u42J.png
Dorcas ended up being a better unit than I anticipated. He was able to partake in some rescue transfers (which was especially useful when Hector promoted) and his high Strength still allowed him to take care of some enemy units properly (If he couldn't one round them with a Silver Axe, he would still do good with the Brave Axe).

1Dgj1ZH.pnghPwRk2o.png
Bartre got a bit strength screwed near the middle of the game. Wasn't outstanding this run but he definitely contributed his fair share for this draft. He mostly tagged along with my other drafted units to kill specific enemy groups but such contributions ended up being necessary in the long run.

QyuLuut.png2JbNxxU.png
Kent did his thing by either ferrying Hector (before he promoted) to the throne or engaging enemies in rout chapters as fast as possible. His stats were mediocre in the beginning and had trouble fending for himself when carrying Hector but he became the best unit in this draft once the Afa's drops kicked in.

40LKTUR.pngZ3aIyBQ.png
Isadora was the best unit in this draft for midgame, covering for Kent at the time his stats were not that good. Once Kent caught up though, Isadora didn't do as much but was still important for going to other places while Kent was busy.

QquFkUm.pnghk8ZZFy.png
Hawkeye made himself useful by carrying mounted and unmounted units alike over mountains and water. He also contributed to combat quite a bit.

Xp7cAqn.png4kfgFnm.png
Probably the best unit in terms of raw combat for this draft. He is also pretty good for his Warp and Rescue utility since he barely requires any investment to do good with that (only needing a few magic procs to Warp and Rescue within a decent distance to get decent turncounts for FE7 drafts).

PU4pJAL.png7LTM6XE.png
The Luna tome fits him better than a shoe.

CpZEETp.pngVIepMk3.png
No need to explain how good Dance utility is.

Harken would have been a great drafted unit if not for the fact that I had to wait extra turns, along with holding back during the map he is recruited on.
Karla is just overall completely useless for drafts.

Overall, I think I did decently, considering that I didn't have any fliers and that most of my team consisted of Axe users with high con.

Edited by Peppy

Chapter 18  - 4/57
Time to catch up.  Lowen, Lyn and Lucius took out the left and fliers. Hector and Raven rushed boss. would have been a 5 turn but Hector missed the boss on PP.

Chapter 19 - 8/65

This was a huge pain in my butt. The map isl ong so I had to trek across it,and Uhai is impossible to hit, really nothing I could have done to lower this .

Chapter 19x - 7/72

Without a Flier I had to have Lowen ferry Hector across and he couldn't deal enough to 1roiund the boss or  this would have been a 6.

Edited by StrykerZ

Chapter 31x 5/139

Chapter 32 3/142

Hector got the Boots, one of him or a flier needed it and he wants the move more. Florina grabbed Hector and sat on the first fort. Nils danced her, Canas warped her on the second fort, she flew east. Louise and Dan put Nils onto the fort. Heath grabbed Dan and flew forward.

Turn 2, Florina dropped Hector in seizing range. Canas Warped Heath a little forward, was danced, then Warped him more forward so he could drop Dan in bosskilling range and retreat out of the snipers' range.

Turn 3, Canas gave Warp to Nils so he could Hammerne it.

Chapter 32x 1/143

Warp Dan, Kill Kishuna

Chapter F 3+1/147

Turn 1, Dan equipped the Tomahawk and opened Darin's door. Hector walked above him. Athos and :Nino: weakened Uhai with Bolting. Florina equipped the Spear and opened Jersula's door. Heath opened Brendan's door and retreated; Athos was danced and Warped him near Lloyd's door.  On EP, Uhai and the snipers suicided on Dart; it's weird since the latter have longbows, but I'm not complaining.

Turn 2, Florina finished Sula. Dan and Louise brought Brendan to the brink of death so :Nino: could kill her foster father. Nils danced Louise so she could kill the Bolting sage, Athos sat in range to counterkill the other two mages. Hector retreated staying in Darin's range. Heath opened Lloyd's door and Canas Berserked him. On EP, Linus moved forward and Lloyd weakened them both.

Turn 3, Florina finished Jer. Hector swordslew Linus, Louise and Heath finished Lloyd. Heath would die to Lloyd's counter so I couldn't contrive a foster brother kill for :Nino: . Canas weakened Nergal. Athos ran forward and Rescued Nils. Nils danced Athos who finished Nergal.

The dragon died to Luna + Armads.

Name      Level HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
Hector 20/15.84 52 26 17 22 12 27 12
Flor   20/20.00 45 21 25 28 30 14 18
Canas  20/20.00 44 26 20 24 10 16 19
Dan    19/20.00 55 30 20 24 12 15 05
Heath  17/20.00 54 20 24 21 10 18 07
Geez   XX/20.00 36 19 19 25 18 11 16
Nino   13/12.05 35 17 20 24 21 11 16

Hector was strong and tanky early on when he needed to be. His speed was good enough to double sometimes.

Florina had a shaky start, but there's enough free chapters that she can easily be trained and snowball. With a decent team around her, she's probably unbeatable.

Canas was very good. High damage output, especially in the endgame with Luna, and :Nino: is only good as an emergency Warper so his staff is very much appreciated.

Dan was mediocre until he promoted. Secured many important bosskills.

Heath finished with less strength than Florina. Still, a flier that doesn't cost me turns and gold (RIP Farina) can never be bad.

Louise didn't disappoint as a filler unit.

I probably could have gotten :Nino: to Rescue and possibly pulled off a 2-turn in VoD, but it felt like too much work for too little reward.

Ninian and Athos did what you'd expect.

By the way StrykerZ, there is a discrepancy with your logs. Ch. 14 says that the total turncount is 29 but Ch. 15 says that the total turncount is 26. You may wanna fix the turncount for later chapters since they assume you actually are at 26 turns when Ch. 15 ended.

It didn't occur to me that you could open the doors in the final chapter yourself! I guess it was a force of habit to just let the doors open themselves. Oh well, I still wouldn't be sub-160 turns. I like the unit reviews though, maybe I'll do one next time I finish a draft.