Couple of questions

I apologize if these questions have been asked before and I suppose I simply haven't searched hard enough for their answers if that's the case.

So the starsphere/star jacinth is supposed to give a positive growth rate for every stat and if level ups are solely determined by growth rates (and whether or not a stat is capped) and if level ups are determined at the start of the battle and mila's turnwheel doesn't affect it.... Shouldn't a character holding onto the star jacinth always get equal or better stat ups than if they weren't to hold it? Assuming it's from the same level to the next and you tested this out via the turnwheel. Then why is it that very occasionally, I get worse stat ups by holding the star jacinth than not? Perhaps the level up gains are re-rolled when a growth rate altering item is equipped but I also noticed that I do usually get equal or better stat ups with the star jacinth so that is very unlikely...

Because I'm thinking if the "threshold" for a HP gain is say at 70 for that particular roll (which is already pre-determined) and the growth rate is 60 (for that character), you wouldn't get the HP without the jacinth right? And with the jacinth, which boosts it to 90, you should get the point in HP. The problem I'm facing is that with the jacinth, I'm not getting the point in HP and without the jacinth, I'm actually getting the point in HP. This is from the same battle, same character, same level (4 to 5 for example) and I've used to turnwheel to test this out (which shouldn't affect level up rolls). So it's very puzzling as the statement I made "a character holding onto the jacinth will have at least equal or better level ups, assuming it's from the same level and battle, than not holding the jacinth" holds true 98% of the time for me. 

For example:

My Faye has +1SKILL with the jacinth, yet gets +1HP without the jacinth. Shouldn't she get +1SKILL without the jacinth?

My Gray has +1SKILL and +1DEF with the jacinth, yet gets +1HP, +1SKILL, +1ATK, +1DEF without the jacinth. How is he getting better stats without the jacinth?

These are perfectly fine (same level to the next and in the same battle; tested via mila's turnwheel):

My Alm has +1ATK with the jacinth, and gets +1ATK without the jacinth.

My Lukas has +1HP, +1ATK, +1SPD, +1DEF, +1RES with the jacinth, and gets +1ATK without the jacinth.

My next question is regarding missing guide entries. Copied from my question on reddit: 

So apparently because I only used Mycen in the first prologue/tutorial battle, I think I missed the guide entries for the "Moving Units", "System Menu" and "Terrain Effects". While this isn't particularly important, it annoys me somewhat to have missing entries on my guide. Is there any way to get them back other than restarting and playing through the tutorial battle properly? I'm still on Act 1.

Thank you for your time and potential answers.

Edited by NoiRequiem

No matter how high your growth rates are, RNG will still be RNG. Hence why even the most "amazing" units growth wise can fall short for some people *coughcoughCamillaandSilasunconvincingcough*

If the RNG decides to screw you over, it will do so. There's nothing to be done about it, Star Sphere (refusing to call it 'Jacinth', sounds too pretentious and 'smart') or no.