Nuzlocke Minccino moves?

DisobeyedCargo

So I went and captured the Minccino with skill link in he hidden grotto outside of Nimbasa city, and I know I want to have Tail slap, bullet seed, and rock blast. What I don't know is what I want my fourth move to be. I'm currently trying to decide between U-Turn, Aqua tail, and, Knock Off. any ideas or suggestions? This is for a nuzlocke run btw. 

Just now, Hylian Air Force said:

The only 5 hit move it can know is Tail Slap. It's always a good idea to check Bulbapedia or Serebii before looking for desired movesets.

Nope, when it evolves into Cinccino it can go to the move relearner and learn bullet seed and rock blast in exchange for heart scales

picture for your convenience:

IMG_0515.PNG

It really depends on what your team is, if you're set or shift battle style, the types of Pokemon you're facing etc...

If you're playing on shift then U-turn becomes a tad less useful since you can just switch out when before they send out their next Pokemon, or one of your own Pokemon ends up taking a hit whilst the switch occurs (either Minccino if slower, or the Pokemon sent in). If you're on Set though this is really useful for getting Minccino out of unfavourable matchups.

Gen 5 still only has the 20 base power knock off, and bar gym leaders and rivals items are rather rare leaving a rather low power move that will only help every so often.

Aqua tail is nice, it offers the same coverage as rock blast and bullet seed but has a higher base power, accuracy is a bit of a shame but Aqua tail is pretty nice. Have you considered Tickle if you're already willing to use a heart scale? You've got some nice coverage so lowering opponents attack and defence could be nice.

1 minute ago, Bandit said:

It really depends on what your team is, if you're set or shift battle style, the types of Pokemon you're facing etc...

If you're playing on shift then U-turn becomes a tad less useful since you can just switch out when before they send out their next Pokemon, or one of your own Pokemon ends up taking a hit whilst the switch occurs (either Minccino if slower, or the Pokemon sent in). If you're on Set though this is really useful for getting Minccino out of unfavourable matchups.

Gen 5 still only has the 20 base power knock off, and bar gym leaders and rivals items are rather rare leaving a rather low power move that will only help every so often.

Aqua tail is nice, it offers the same coverage as rock blast and bullet seed but has a higher base power, accuracy is a bit of a shame but Aqua tail is pretty nice. Have you considered Tickle if you're already willing to use a heart scale? You've got some nice coverage so lowering opponents attack and defence could be nice.

I had not considered tickle before, and I am playing on shift style. 

My main concern with items is the    focus sash that Iris's haxorus carries. Rock blast and bullet seed are too weak to outright KO it, and I don't want to risk having a teammate killed if at all possible, which is why I considered U-Turn. I was also thinking of dragon tail with a sash if that doesn't end up working.

Fair point, by the time you get to the Elite 4 though there's only 2 things that Bullet Seed will be useful against (Golurk, Krookodile) so you could always swap out Bullet Seed and Tickle for Knock Off and U-turn before entering the Elite 4 to deal with Haxorus. No reason to say you can't swap around moves during the run, there's a quite a few Heart scales you get from Drowsing from what I remember.

Just now, Bandit said:

Fair point, by the time you get to the Elite 4 though there's only 2 things that Bullet Seed will be useful against (Golurk, Krookodile) so you could always swap out Bullet Seed and Tickle for Knock Off and U-turn before entering the Elite 4 to deal with Haxorus. No reason to say you can't swap around moves during the run, there's a quite a few Heart scales you get from Drowsing from what I remember.

That's always good to know. I tend to forget that I can switch out moves mid journey. There is also the druddigon with life orb and sheer force, but I don't think he will be too much trouble. I just really wish I didn't have to deal with that focus sash. At least I'm not doing hard mode.