Videos of Miscellaneous Hacks [Drunken Battle]

Just for fun, I edited the Prologue so the kids have slightly better stats and a pumped up critical rate.

I forgot to show the stats on the bottom screen, but all the kids have the same stats as when they join your party. Meanwhile all the weapons have 0 Might and Weight, 90 Hit and 50 Crt.

Hope you don't mind me spamming all these videos ^^;;;

Who knows what crazy things I'll think of next time.

Edited by VincentASM

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You hacked Celica the Beloved Zofia, but didn't have her use Ragnarok Ω? And why no Falchion or Regal Sword for Alm?

Not bad for laughs- seeing the kids crit is cute.

It was a 5 minute hack. Replacing weapons is much easier than adding weapons. That said, I did have to rename a label.

Also, I wasn't sure if Ragnarok Ω would crash the game XD

Maybe we'll find out another time...

The best part of this was clearly making Mycen run in the trees away from the battlefield while the children duked it out with all these experienced soldiers.  I guess now Alm has no excuse not to believe that Sir Mycen is craven.

This also further solidifies Slayde as one of the most pathetic villains in the series.  First he's getting sliced and diced by an old man, and now he's getting his ass handed to him by a bunch of kids.

Foolish Slade. Those ain't your average village kids. They are dealing with sheep that are larger then your freaking horse.

It's great to see these versions of the characters in action like this, considering that the unexpected realism of the prologue normally limits what you can do with them.

And it's surprising how all the kids are shocked if they actually manage to defeat a soldier while Tobin just reuses the line he uses as an adult.

I wonder if they also have quotes for healing, eating, leveling up and all that other stuff.

Fun fact about the kids: If Alm equips the Golden Dagger, it will not show up on his model. The other kids don't have that problem. I wonder if the same thing would happen with other weapons.

Slayder takes the crown of embarrassing defeats by the power of romhacking. Unrelated, but I'm curious: if one somehow hacked so many cogs into their inventory the amount of savestates turnwheel uses would break 255, what would happen? Would you end up with 0 and be stuck finishing chapters the old fashioned way? (If ramhacking like such isn't possible yet, don't mind me. I saw the video earlier with the unused item effects and thought some form of editing would be possible.)

So I've been messing around with Echoes a bit more...

As soon as I learned that Grima/The Creation was in the game, I couldn't resist pitting it against Duma.

Due to gameplay reasons, the winner should be fairly obvious.

Well, the Creation is the post-game after all, whereas Duma is merely a final boss.

The above was last week's video that I forgot to post here. This week's...

I was trying to see how many on-screen enemies you can have at once. Apparently it's 15 in the Secret Shrine before the game crashes.

Anyway, I ended up with a pretty creepy mess and, due to boredom, I decided to make it even more creepier.

I get that you gave Grima the ability to kill Duma but did you also give him the ability to resist Oculus or is he naturally immune to that? Is HP got reduced to 25, so it should have been triggered.

On 6/28/2017 at 10:39 PM, BrightBow said:

I get that you gave Grima the ability to kill Duma but did you also give him the ability to resist Oculus or is he naturally immune to that? Is HP got reduced to 25, so it should have been triggered.

Forgot to reply, but I hacked that in. TBH, I don't know what's the difference between Deicide and bypass Occulus, so I slapped both on.

Not content with the level of challenge provided in the main game, I decided to create my own high level challenge based off the fight with the Creation in the Thabes Labyrinth.

If you're interested and have Homebrew/CFW and/or some technical knowledge, you can attempt the challenge yourself using these files:

https://serenesforest.net/download/topsecret/Boss_Rematch.zip

Notes:

1. All player units are un-hacked. High stats are due to Dread Fighter loops, Pitchforks, Star Jacinths, Sacred Springs, stat-boosters etc.
  2. All enemies are Level 99 with natural max/near-maxed stats. Some enemies have better equipment. Duma has Duma Moss because I was bored.
  3. The battlefield music is from Duma's Ordeals, the Alm amiibo dungeon.

Strategy:

1. The biggest headache is the Creation who one-shots everyone no matter what. You will need to attack it outside of its range.
  2. The Mogalls and Witches summoned by Jedah/Duma and Rinea are Level 99 and pretty dang annoying. Focus on defeating these summoners ASAP. Killing Duma kills all Mogalls, until Jedah summons more.
  3. Rinea's Entrap has huge range and can potentially drag you into the Creation's attack range. Not only is this fatal, it will cause the Creation to start moving. Good luck.

That was fun, I like your comments. :3

Ugh, 95% right at the end, WHAT ARE YOU DOING...!! NOOOO--oh she hit, phew! ...Stressing me out and I'm not even the one fighting the battle.

It's good to see someone making Echoes hacks - the scene seems to be a little bare compared to what we've seen with Awakening and Fates.

Edited by Zelgius

Oh dear, this last one... you make me feel like no modder ever made me feels. Oh baby.
Maybe I'll use the overclass. And maybe I will not feel dirty in doing so.

-Nit pick, questions, and crappy jokes
Why Conrad and Zeke ? I mean, I can see wju you would put Zeke, since you know, Camus. But why Conrad ? They are both alive. You could have put a buffed and braindead Celica or Delthea. I guess it's because theyr are Paladin with access to better weapon and 9 movement ?
Duma Moss not droppable. Disgusting.
Imagine how sick it would be if The Creation or Duma had the Animus Ring.

So what's the reward for defeating those gods above undead ? :p

4 hours ago, B.Leu said:

-Nit pick, questions, and crappy jokes
Why Conrad and Zeke ? I mean, I can see wju you would put Zeke, since you know, Camus. But why Conrad ? They are both alive. You could have put a buffed and braindead Celica or Delthea. I guess it's because theyr are Paladin with access to better weapon and 9 movement ?
Duma Moss not droppable. Disgusting.
Imagine how sick it would be if The Creation or Duma had the Animus Ring.

So what's the reward for defeating those gods above undead ? :p

That's not Conrad, that's the Masked Knight ; )

I was thinking of giving Duma the Animus Ring, but I figured the map would be too hard. Giving it to the Creation would make the map literally unbeatable, I think. I suppose you could suicide all your units, but you'd still never do enough damage.

Sadly, you don't get anything special. But that's a good idea for next time...

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

That's not Conrad, that's the Masked Knight ; )

I was thinking of giving Duma the Animus Ring, but I figured the map would be too hard. Giving it to the Creation would make the map literally unbeatable, I think. I suppose you could suicide all your units, but you'd still never do enough damage.

Sadly, you don't get anything special. But that's a good idea for next time...

Oh. Oooooooh ! Fridge Brillance. How could I have missed that ?

Yeah I forgot, Your Creation is way too busted to have the Animus Ring since he oneshot everything.
How about a Speed Ring +10 Speed and +1 Mov, just to have a headache  :p
Or if you feel sadistic as hell, Mila's Ring. An item that is truly good only in the hands of the ennemy. :p

Woah, hat's so cool ! And she had unused witch voiceclip in the original game too !

Also RIP Alm, couldn't even hurt a Mage. :p
Eh, imagine what would've happened if he stabbed her with anything else than Falchion, that would've been awkward.