Videos of Miscellaneous Hacks [Drunken Battle]

Honestly, I fully expected the Alm v Celica fight to be playable and I am sort of disappointed that it isn't.

Yuri v Estelle in Tales of Vesperia was playable and it was a similar situation to this, so why not this?

is what I asked myself when I got to that point.

Then it hit me: If they made this possible, they would have to give enemy Celica fixed stats for this fight. If she had HER stats, i.e. the ones she got from your actual level ups / stat boosters etc., she would utterly destroy Alm in combat. At least mine would have.
In every playthrough I've done so far, Celica ended up far outclassing Alm by the time Act 4 rolled around and only continued to do so, so... maybe it's a good idea it's only a cutscene after all, huh?

Or they could turn it into a forced loss battle, now that I think about it, since Celica also has the upper hand on Alm in the cutscene until he pulls Falchion out of Mila's skull.
It would have given that whole ordeal more weight, I believe. Though I'm still happy with what we got, all things considered.

Thank you for doing these videos! They're really interesting and fun. :D

Edited by DragonFlames

Normally, characters cannot consume the alcoholic provisions in any version of the game. As a joke, I thought I'd show the possible consequences if it were possible.

To mimic the feeling of being drunk, I hacked the playable characters to have Atk +5, Def/Res -5, Hit rate -30, Avoid -30, Critical +30 and Attack Speed -5.

Boy... was it a mistake.

It took me at least a dozen attempts before I could clear a basic skirmish without losing a single character. I thought about retreating at the earliest opportunity, but it didn't seem very sportsmanlike.

Note: Due to an oversight, there is a brief period where Saber isn't drunk. However this doesn't really affect the battle since it's basically won at that stage. (Besides, I really don't want to replay the battle.)

"Drunken Battle" is apparently too awesome for words.

I had a dream this morning that this "drunk" status (which you entirely made up) affected voiced lines and victory poses. Things got silly.