Random Thoughts/Praise

I originally thought of posting this in FftF.

1: love the character art, they're great,
2: Still need to understand weapon choice (i.e. if Celica has sword and flame, which one prioritizes against enemies? More damage one?)
3: The DLC were Slayde (sp?) runs and then Clive joins in for once to insult him is pretty wonderful. I'm not sure if FE2 had that much story-line, but this is a good harking back and forth between this and FE6/7 (esp 7) where Hector new Eric (Erik?) was a putz and Eliwood stood up for him to get a chance to be good but left himself a backout plan.

And finally, what I'm most intrigued by and have a loose theory for:
What do you guys think about the way that in parts of the story, dialogue between Alm and Celica an another character drops alm/celica to the bottom and then extends a red cloth/screen in front of them. I don't think they're naked, you can see they are wearing clothes? It's almost like you're seeing out of the eye of the character you are talking to to see yourself. (reflection in eyes or whatever)

My guess is that this shows that "we" (the player) are Alm or Celica, and that the viewer - the other player - is staring directly at us, and not at the room or space in general. This could be for any number of reasons. It could be the general focus of a knight or warrior who is serving their lord, and thus pays utmost attention to their lord when discussing with them directly, not to the surrounding scenery. Stylistically it is OK but I'm not sure it'd be necessary (just show a slightly more full portrait which doesn't cut away after a bit of their torso.

My biggest complaint is that so far, the enemy mixes have been pretty redundant (I just killed that demon summoner who attacks you on a boat). Also, some mages seem to have substantial def. Also, the difficulty for a game like this is good for someone like me, so I wish there was a lunatic for this one.

In terms of plot, this feels more in media res than most FE. I feel like I'm learning the history of the major players before Alm and Celica's intervention.

5 hours ago, KongDude said:

You're taking the theory too far honestly. It's just dialogue. And nobody thinks they're naked lol. I kind of like seeing Alm and Celica close up tho.

RE naked I was trying to cut off that silliness in this instance :)

FE had had a really long course of characters facing each other horizontally across the screen. I personally believe this stylistic change was made intentionally and for a reason. I do not believe this reveals anything of much importance, but I'm pretty sure it's not just confusion on my part that the change was done on pupose.

32 minutes ago, Professor Groeteschele said:

RE naked I was trying to cut off that silliness in this instance :)

FE had had a really long course of characters facing each other horizontally across the screen. I personally believe this stylistic change was made intentionally and for a reason. I do not believe this reveals anything of much importance, but I'm pretty sure it's not just confusion on my part that the change was done on pupose.

Ah I see.

I think it was just something new they wanted to try. I personally like the new layouts and would like it if they stayed like this.