Future Tempest Trial Speculation/Wishlist Thread

Voting Gauntlet occurring on the last week of the month is definitely a surprise. Do you think they plan to have TT and Voting Gauntlet both as monthly events? Or will they gradually transition to having each every other month? I certainly expected the latter. With the tiered arena system, Voting Gauntlet, and now Tempest Trials, that's far more feathers each month then we used to get. TT's rewards definitely aren't all about feathers, but 2500 plus a rank bonus is at least an additional arena season's worth.

Edited by Gustavos

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a friendly reminder: In addition to posting suggestions here (like the suggestion to add a tier that triples stamina cost and points earned), you all should also send feedback to Nintendo directly through your Heroes app! 

There are a lot of great ideas here, but they aren't a whole lot of good if Nintendo never sees them (and I doubt they have employees lurking on SF, though it's not outside the realm of possibility). 

So make sure to send in official feedback, and hopefully when the Tempest Trials return they'll be a lot better!

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

There are a lot of great ideas here, but they aren't a whole lot of good if Nintendo never sees them (and I doubt they have employees lurking on SF, though it's not outside the realm of possibility). 

Which SF user is most likely to be a secret plant by IS, I wonder...

9 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Just a friendly reminder: In addition to posting suggestions here (like the suggestion to add a tier that triples stamina cost and points earned), you all should also send feedback to Nintendo directly through your Heroes app! 

So make sure to send in official feedback, and hopefully when the Tempest Trials return they'll be a lot better!

This may sound silly, but how do I do that? Is it just on the review button, or is there a contact button? I've never actually sent feedback for any mobile game before, past putting a review, and despite some niggles, I wouldn't want to downgrade the star rating I've given the game ^.^''

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

This may sound silly, but how do I do that? Is it just on the review button, or is there a contact button? I've never actually sent feedback for any mobile game before, past putting a review, and despite some niggles, I wouldn't want to downgrade the star rating I've given the game ^.^''

It's not silly at all!

On the home screen, just go to Misc. -> FAQ/Etc. -> Customer Support -> Feedback

An interesting thing to add would be an additional "no-casualties" score multiplier, based on how in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, there is the Fire Emblem award for clearing the main story on Hard Classic with 0 casualties and based on in older Fire Emblem titles that use the ranking system to rate a player's performance in which to achieve the highest rank for survival, the player has to finish the game without losing a single recruited unit. This can reward players more for keeping the entire first team alive and make it a competing interest against speed. 

The multiplier can be something like 1.2x or 1.3x so that it can be a sufficient incentive. This multiplier is automatically lost (reduced to 1.0x aka "-" or "N/A") if the player loses a single unit or surrenders, which can reduce the number of players using the tactic of fielding a single bonus unit only to surrender on the first map and then switch to their main teams but it wouldn't punish them to the point that they'd be getting a lower score than what they'd earn in the previous Tempest Trial event.

Assuming everything else is the same...

Original max score for 7-Lunatic trial:

Base score: 40 points

Maps: 7x

Speed: 1.5x

Survival: 1.2x

Bonus Ally: 1.4x

Total: 705 points

New max score if "no-casualties" bonus is in play (for the purposes of demonstration, the 1.3x multipler value will be used):

Base score: 40 points

Maps: 7x

Speed: 1.5x

Survival: 1.2x

Bonus Ally: 1.4x

No Casualties: 1.3x

Total: 917 points 

Edited by Roflolxp54

Not specific to Tempest per se, but I think it'd help with the grind if we could "bottle" our stamina so you're not letting it go to waste if you have to work or whatever.

So, first off, no more awakening. Seriously, if I have to see those same maps again, it'll be a nightmare. We need to go to another world.

With that out of the way, here's what I'd like to see:

1. Higher risk, higher reward:

Similar to how lunatic, and now infernal GHBs have been made available, I'd like to see them up the amount of difficulty you can play for to offset the grind.

2. Leave open the orbs for whales, but cut down on the chase rewards.

50k for quickened pulse was too much. I won't complain if they want to keep giving out orbs for the whales, they can go as high as they like, but especially with a sacred seal that big, I would've preferred to keep it to a lower level.

3. More balanced maps.

I think every one knows this by now, but two of those maps were ridiculous wastes of time. Particularly the tree one. You know which one I'm talking about.

That map wasn't even truly hard, it was just a complete waste of time. It was just punishing you for not running fliers.

w-wait I'm still raising units for the next Trial.

Voting Gauntlet starts tomorrow and ends July 2nd. But Tempest Trials last two weeks so maybe they'd start at July 9th so that the next Gauntlet begins on the final week of the month once again. That still doesn't seem like enough spacing between events though. 

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

w-wait I'm still raising units for the next Trial.

Voting Gauntlet starts tomorrow and ends July 2nd. But Tempest Trials last two weeks so maybe they'd start at July 9th so that the next Gauntlet begins on the final week of the month once again. That still doesn't seem like enough spacing between events though. 

Well, people complained there wasn't enough to do. Be careful what you wish for.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

But more orbs for swimsuits!

And then my swimsuits can sit at lvl 1 for 2 weeks as all my stamina is sunk into tempest runs again. :(

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

And then my swimsuits can sit at lvl 1 for 2 weeks as all my stamina is sunk into tempest runs again. :(

You could use crystals. I managed to level "Marth" during the event and still broke 80K. After you get the unique rewards you can dial it back and train them in the tempest itself actually.

MID_Summon_11_summer01: Ylissean Summer
MID_Summon_11_summer01_02: Focus: Tempest Trials

That was from the datamine. I sincerely hope the wording of this doesn't mean it'll tie into the swimsuit theme, because if they use this for that, I'm not doing it. 

I want the Tempest Trials to deal with more serious scenarios, not fanservice.

Any explicit talk of the datamine should be in spoilers unless the info becomes public or we're in a datamine thread. That being said

Spoiler

Does the wording really imply the Trial is connected? The banner is just called "Focus: Tempest Trials". Summon _ Summer02 just seems like an order for banners in July. Anyway, more of those Awakening maps and bonus units would be a real issue in my imo. However, if the representative character were a free seasonal unit, I may come around to appreciating the theme.

I hope the next Tempest Trials are shorter, like 5-7 days at the most. I like how easy it is to obtain SP/HM but the grind is awfully tedious and after 3 or 4 days it's pretty hard to keep pace.

Spoiler

I hope the next one takes 3 weeks at the very least to come, I'll need more stamina pots to stay at the top of my game, and I'd like if IS announces which characters will be the bonus 2 weeks before so I can start working on them and not have to do the sacrifical team strategy.

@Sentinel07 Based on the names of those string resources, those are just the names of two different focus banners.

Also, please put datamined information in spoiler tags. This isn't Reddit.

55 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Wait what?

Sometime in July, presumably.