Planning on writing an FE High School AU...

So uh, I had a surge of inspiration today. After seeing the talk on a discord server about high school AU's and Fire Emblem, I decided to write my own...

So here is what is going down. It's simple, just a bunch of FE characters getting by in a Japanese High School and whatnot, and detailing their lives there, such as club activities, romancing, weird shit, and other stuff like that.

I'd appreciate some ideas and feedback if anybody has some. Anything will be appreciated!

Alright, follow up questions; Have you decided on who the cast will be?

Will each continent be its own school?

If you write about the Archanea dudes will you include the characters from Ylisse since it's the same place with a different name?

What about the second gen characters from GoHW, Awakening and Fates(and Binding Blade -kind of-)?

The cast will feature most characters from all the FE games to-date, with a focus on one in a chapter, most of the time. There are a few exceptions, like a character being really young or really old, or if they are something like a beast-person (Laguz, Wolfskin, etc) which I might cast as something like a pet or something else. Dragons and Manakete's are... eh, I'd have to do some thinking on that.

The continent is actually going to be the real world country of Japan, with the school in question being based on a country or continent from an FE game. Again, still thinking on that.

I wish to avoid second-gen characters if possible, since that'd be rather weird having Chrom's daughter, Lucina in the same grade as him or something.

Any more questions? I can answer some more if you like.

You can maybe make the gen 2's cousins instead of parents/kids if you want to avoid making the gen 1's adults.  They'd still be related, but able to be the same age.

I have a weird weakness for School AUs if I find them well done enough, so hopefully this goes well.

It sounds fun!

Will the villains be involved as mean teachers or mean/rival students?
Will the teachers be Jeigans and older tactictians?
I think that some of the older characters could easily appear as teachers. Cecilia could teach magic and probably strategy and maths, Jeigans characters could train the students or be sports teacher. Nomah would be that old relaxed teacher that most students like. Vaike would be the best teacher. One of the loli Manaketes could be a funny teacher too and a bad one too I guess.
What would be the subjects?
Will there be love and crazy love between characters from different worlds for crazy pairings?
Will there be "normal" students and teachers that are not FE characters but just normal human beings?
How are the most violent characters going to interact with the others? Will that be treated as comedy? 

The headmaster of Hoshido High should be Yukimura. Subaki can be student council president and valedictorian. Ryoma and Hinata are rivals in Kendo club and competing in the regional championships!

This is way more entertaining to brainstorm then I thought a minute ago XD

Nephenee is the transfer from a small rural town. Leanne is the foreign exchange student.

Canas is the really nerdy professor who happens to be a pushover, and it'd be interesting having him interact with Niime (senior faculty member who rarely teaches and mostly engages in independent research) and Hugh. Shinon is the professor everyone hates and who is intentionally provocative, but his outspoken nature draws students into taking his classes- even though he's a tough grader. Pent on the other hand is the professor whom everyone loves and who girls find very attractive despite being in his forties. Calill's reputation is similar to Pent's, albeit the boys are a good bit less into her than the girls Pent.

Ellerean is the jealous/envious student who occasionally resorts to underhanded means to undermine his rivals.

Heather, Leon, and Kyza (plus maybe the custodian Devdan, and Rhajat, Niles, Soleil, and Forrest) form the school's LGBTQ society.

Iago uses his tenure status and place on the Board of Education to conceal his verbal and academic abusing of students who he dislikes for whatever reason no matter how petty it is.

Lilith becomes the mascot character for the secret group who fights supernatural psychoanalytical threats in their free time. Members include Takumi (insecurity issues) and Tine (physical and psychological abuse by auntie Hilda and an inability to get over her mother's death).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 hours ago, Thunderstar said:

It sounds fun!

Will the villains be involved as mean teachers or mean/rival students?
Will the teachers be Jeigans and older tactictians?
I think that some of the older characters could easily appear as teachers. Cecilia could teach magic and probably strategy and maths, Jeigans characters could train the students or be sports teacher. Nomah would be that old relaxed teacher that most students like. Vaike would be the best teacher. One of the loli Manaketes could be a funny teacher too and a bad one too I guess.
What would be the subjects?
Will there be love and crazy love between characters from different worlds for crazy pairings?
Will there be "normal" students and teachers that are not FE characters but just normal human beings?
How are the most violent characters going to interact with the others? Will that be treated as comedy? 

Well, I tend to avoid villains if possible, but I could incorporate some as characters.

I also had this weird idea of having Jagen himself be a Janitor or somesuch. Older characters could be featured as teachers, as well as Jeigan units being part of staff.

Cecilia might not teach magic, cause... well, it's a real world setting, but I think she can teach math if possible. I'll figure out just what to do with these characters in time.

The subjects will be the kind of stuff they teach in real Japan high schools, which can include Japanese, English, home economics, Calligraphy, among other things.

I dunno about crazy love, but some students will have feeling for others in the story, I guess.

Yes, there will be normal students and teachers, but I might not feature them too much, unless I need a normal character.

As for the violent characters... eh, I dunno. I'd imagine characters like that to be like others, except they might have a lot of urges to do violent stuff.

Will you include pairings? If it were me, I'd stay clear of them unless they're canon like Marth x Caeda or Alm x Celica, but this is entirely up to you.

I recommend cutting the characters and focusing on a handful, as Fire Emblem has so many.

Good luck!

Hardin is a transfer student from India who's Sikh. His evil side is when he's off his meds (he's bipolar). He's Nyna's best friend, and always comes to him when she can't bring herself to confess her love to Camus (who hits his head, gets amnesia, and starts dating Tatiana). Even when he recovers his memories, he finds that he loves Tatiana, but wants Nyna to be happy. Given that Hardin felt she was "settling" for him, he stopped taking his meds for a while.

Arvis threw a "Valhalla Grill" once. He gave Sigurd his "Valflame Surprise", which is because he didn't want Sigurd to date his stepsister. The dish was so spicy, Sigurd thought he was being burnt alive. Sigurd's friends got a "Meteor Special." It wasn't nearly as bad, but it still was really spicy, although the girls at the party didn't eat it.

Ah yes... I remember doing an AU FE high school/university RP on Discord. Amongst some of the stuff I did

Sigurd and Diadora were the premiere love couple on campus. Siggy was also mortally afraid of attending any sort of BBQs and pretty much went full-panic mode when Grill Master Arvis set his sleeve on fire ( this joke will never die xD ). Ayra's kids were her 1st cousins, Lachesis was still obsessed with Elto while Finn moped in the background. Naturally, Cuan (who was dating Ethlin), Elto and Siggy were besties and the girls were gaga for them.

Roy and Lilina were too adorable for words and Ike x Lucina were a crackship for lulz. Luci later dumped Ike  (since he was a typical dumb jock along with Boyd and Luci prefered brains over brawn ) for M!Robin and Chrom was none too  pleased. Naturally Ike went buddy-buddy for Soren. Elincia on the other hand was torn between Geoffrey and Lucia but went for Lucia in the end. Mia x Ilyana were dating as well and were often caught in the bathrooms making out. Actually, they were so raunchy they put Heather and Nephenee to shame.

And a whole lot of other stuff.