Huge Pokemon GO update coming!

Anacybele

This is supposed to be the biggest update to the game since launch, guys! It looks exciting too!

It's not gen 3 Pokemon or trading, but here's what it WILL include:

- An overhaul to gyms. Here are the changes coming to them.
-- When you visit gyms, you'll get some items like at Pokestops.
-- Each gym will have six permanent slots for Pokemon to be placed in, and each Pokemon will have to be unique (thank god, I'm tired of seeing Dragonite and Vaporeon clogging them up!).
-- A motivation system will be put in place. Pokemon lose motivation in gyms when they're defeated there while defending them. As they do, their CP will temporarily decrease, making them easier to defeat. You can keep your Pokemon motivated by giving them berries!

- Gym badges will be a thing. You level them up by battling and giving Pokemon berries and spinning the Photo Disc. As they level up, you can get better rewards from gyms and bonus items from Photo Discs.

- A new feature called a Raid Battle will also be in this! A Raid Battle is where you and other trainers cooperate together to defeat really powerful Pokemon. If you defeat them, you'll get to try to catch them! Before you can do a Raid Battle though, you'll need a Raid Pass. You can get one free pass a day by visiting gyms. If you beat the Raid Pokemon in the 5 minute time limit, you can try to catch it and get new rewards only obtainable by defeating a Raid Boss, including Rare Candies, Golden Razz Berries, and Fast and Charged Technical Machines. Rare Candies can be turned into Pokemon candy when used on a Pokemon, and Golden Razz Berries will make Pokemon even easier to catch than regular Razz Berries do. The TMs can be used to teach Pokemon new fast attacks or charged attacks. These attacks are random though (don't know why, but that's what it says).

This all sounds pretty fun, if you ask me!

I saw the update a couple days ago, I'm actually really excited for the raid battles considering in the initial trailer that Time Square showdown with Mewtwo looked so cool.  This may draw people back in too which is always a good thing.

I certainly hope so, it's about time we get a hold on the legendaries.

It'd be cool if they could somehow incorporate the roaming thing with the legendary dogs.  Raid battle while chasing them down or something, I don't know that might be too dangerous.

7 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

I certainly hope so, it's about time we get a hold on the legendaries.

It'd be cool if they could somehow incorporate the roaming thing with the legendary dogs.  Raid battle while chasing them down or something, I don't know that might be too dangerous.

Yeah, I'd say that's a little too dangerous. It could force us to have to cross a bunch of busy roads or go much too far a distance. And roaming Pokemon suck anyway, keep those away forever. >_<