Holy Blood Stacking

bethany81707

So, I'm doing work on an Ishtar-focused story, and in my wild 'let my imagination wander' moments, I realised that, if one person could have multiple Major Bloods- especially if one of those bloods was Lopt- Loptyr could make better hosts than Julius out of his immediate descendants.

If Julius (major Lopt, minor Naga, minor Fala) has a son with Ishtar (major Tordo, minor Fala), he would have major Lopt, major Fala, minor Naga and minor Tordo.

If that son had a son with someone with Tordo blood (aka anyone from Freege, really), that grandson would have major Lopt, major Fala, major Tordo and minor Naga.

I repeat, that's THREE Major bloods with very little effort, corresponding to the three * Rank tomes that Loptyr has under his control (Lopt, Valflame and Mjolnir). Incidentally, someone with this blood would have +70% HP, +120% Mag, +60% Skill, and +60% Resistance growths.

Lucky Seliph cut the breeding programme short.

Nobody ingame has more than two active holy blood lineages, though. Celice has only Baldo/Narga, Julia is just Narga/Fala, and Julius is only Lopt/Fala. I suppose the third lineage is either discarded entirely or remains dormant.

Therefore, I have trouble imagining Ishtar's children with Julius as anything other than Lopt/Tordo.

I don't think multiple Major Holy Bloods is actually possible (barring a hypothetical superhuman project where you transfuse others' Holy Bloods into one person). I'm inclined to think that one can only have 2 Holy Bloods- one Major and one Minor (or both Minor) tops, maybe 3 Minors. The two blood restriction ingame might be a gameplay mechanic, but I do think Julia and Seliph didn't inherit Loptyr blood at all.

Now that superhuman project idea-  sounds like a bad fanfict, but maybe it has potential.

3 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Therefore, I have trouble imagining Ishtar's children with Julius as anything other than Lopt/Tordo.

...But Ishtar's also got Fala. I'm not sure whether the double minor or the major would prioritise there. (Honestly, that couple is going to have very interesting children.)

Isn't the major Loptyr blood the thing that allows Loptyr to control Julius though?
So disregarding the question whether having three major holy blood lineages is possible, suppose Julius's grandchild ends up with major Loptyr, major Fala and major Tordo blood, wouldn't that also allow Fala and Tordo to control said grandchild?

I'm pretty sure that's something Loptyr would try to avoid.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

...But Ishtar's also got Fala. I'm not sure whether the double minor or the major would prioritise there. (Honestly, that couple is going to have very interesting children.)

Her ingame stats don't show that minor Fala, though -- just like Levin's uncles didn't have Holsety. The reasoning for this has been hotly debated, but I don't know if anyone ever found an official explanation.

it doesn't seem to purely involve genetics, though, either way. It's dragon magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.

Arvis has major Fala minor Loptyr. Deirdre has Major Naga minor Loptyr. 

Following your logic, Julius and Julia were supposed to have Major Naga, Major Loptyr and Major Fala, yet Julia has Major Naga and Minor Fala (and no Loptyr) and Julius has Major Loptyr and minor Fala (no Naga).

it seems to me that you can only have a major and a minor holy blood, no more than that.

Edited by Nobody

16 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Arvis has major Fala minor Loptyr. Deirdre has Major Naga minor Loptyr. 

Following your logic, Julius and Julia were supposed to have Major Naga, Major Loptyr and Major Fala, yet Julia has Major Naga and Minor Fala (and no Loptyr) and Julius has Major Loptyr and minor Fala (no Naga).

it seems to me that you can only have a major and a minor holy blood, no more than that.

The reason neither of them have Major Fala is because of Saias. He was the illegitimate child of Arvis with his guard captain (the one who brought Sigurd to Belhalla). She sent Saias to live with her father before she was killed by the Loptyrians. Because his mother has no Holy Blood, he has Major Fala, Minor Loptyr, and will probably die celibate so as to actually kill off Gall's bloodline permanently, leaving Julia to birth both the progenitors of the Naga and Fala bloodlines.

8 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Nobody ingame has more than two active holy blood lineages, though. Celice has only Baldo/Narga, Julia is just Narga/Fala, and Julius is only Lopt/Fala. I suppose the third lineage is either discarded entirely or remains dormant.

It should be noted that it's not impossible to give units more than 2 Holy Bloods in FE4. I think Julius, Julia and Seliph likely only have two for balance reasons.

Edited by Slumber

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It should be noted that it's not impossible to give units more than 2 Holy Bloods in FE4. I think Julius, Julia and Seliph likely only have two for balance reasons.

Unlikely. The minor lopt wouldn't really make a big difference in Celice's or Julia's capabilities, and bosses have holy blood only for flavor and weapon ranks. They likely set that limit for flavor reasons.

8 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Her ingame stats don't show that minor Fala, though -- just like Levin's uncles didn't have Holsety. The reasoning for this has been hotly debated, but I don't know if anyone ever found an official explanation.

it doesn't seem to purely involve genetics, though, either way. It's dragon magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.

It's just an oversight of the Gen 1 bosses, Levin's uncles class is Baron, they can use Wind A, Minor Holsety won't effect anything so they didn't add.

Another example is Leptor and Langobalt, they are the last bosses of Gen1 with Major Holy Blood, but their stats are just of the generic Barons.

Leptor uses Thor Hammer so his magic is 30.

It's just that.

58 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Unlikely. The minor lopt wouldn't really make a big difference in Celice's or Julia's capabilities, and bosses have holy blood only for flavor and weapon ranks. They likely set that limit for flavor reasons.

Celice and Julia's Minor Lopt could be a plot point for a new game if their descendants somehow decide to get married, we'll have another Julius 2.0.

Now since the extremely minor Lopt runs in the vein of the Emperor bloodlines, you cannot wipe out Lopt descendants forever.