What Characters have you Enjoyed Developing

jameslove001

I feel like I should preface this with: Yes, I know with Skills Inheritance I can run any team I want at any time and make any character I want into anything I want. That said, I am just curious, based on raw stats and who you have enjoyed playing with where I should invest my energy. I kind of have four categories: General characters, Horse Emblem, Flyer Emblem and Armor Emblem.

I have lots of characters, so it feels cumbersome to list everyone, so I am just going with general observation and who you have enjoyed in certain teams. For instance, I have enjoyed running a Tharja, Nino, Olivia, Ninian team of late, but know that I have to somehow get a 4* Olivia to make it a better team.

If I were to ask one specific question though, I am running 4* Frederick, Ursula and Xander and a 5* Spring Xander, who would you suggest investing energy here: Camus, Eliwood, Peri, Sully, Stahl, Ceclia, Clarine, Jagen, Gunter?

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

I feel like I should preface this with: Yes, I know with Skills Inheritance I can run any team I want at any time and make any character I want into anything I want. That said, I am just curious, based on raw stats and who you have enjoyed playing with where I should invest my energy. I kind of have four categories: General characters, Horse Emblem, Flyer Emblem and Armor Emblem.

I have lots of characters, so it feels cumbersome to list everyone, so I am just going with general observation and who you have enjoyed in certain teams. For instance, I have enjoyed running a Tharja, Nino, Olivia, Ninian team of late, but know that I have to somehow get a 4* Olivia to make it a better team.

If I were to ask one specific question though, I am running 4* Frederick, Ursula and Xander and a 5* Spring Xander, who would you suggest investing energy here: Camus, Eliwood, Peri, Sully, Stahl, Ceclia, Clarine, Jagen, Gunter?

I upgraded Camus and he has done well for me.

My Camus and Ceclia both have turned out really good so I recommend both of them, Clarine is one of the 2 healers I trade between so she is good as well.  My Beruka and Cordelia are my two best flying units and are both on my arena team right now.  Effie is my best Armor, but I used Wendy a lot when I first started out.  As to regular characters I run I really like my Seliph, though once I promote my 4* Navarre that I finally got around to training I will probably just use him since Navarre is one of my all time FE favorites. 

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I upgraded Camus and he has done well for me.

I am slowing working on Camus right now with a team of Soren, Chrom and Eirika. I think he should be a pretty great addition to my upper tiers!

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

My Camus and Ceclia both have turned out really good so I recommend both of them, Clarine is one of the 2 healers I trade between so she is good as well.  My Beruka and Cordelia are my two best flying units and are both on my arena team right now.  Effie is my best Armor, but I used Wendy a lot when I first started out.  As to regular characters I run I really like my Seliph, though once I promote my 4* Navarre that I finally got around to training I will probably just use him since Navarre is one of my all time FE favorites. 

That is good to hear. I like Ceclia, and consider running her instead of Frederick, because any magic...and that guy is down. Having him and Xander like that hurts! I have not used Clarine much, but have liked her when she is on screen. I have 5 Effies...and basically no great armor beyond that. I guess my Zephiel is something to work with, but I cannot get Druag and Sheena to level up fast enough. I also just got Gwendolyn, so working on her. As far as Seliph...I keep forgetting I have him. Been focused on getting Masked Marth, Eirka and Chrom where I want them since Laslow and Karel are my lead sword users...yikes!

3 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I am slowing working on Camus right now with a team of Soren, Chrom and Eirika. I think he should be a pretty great addition to my upper tiers!

That is good to hear. I like Ceclia, and consider running her instead of Frederick, because any magic...and that guy is down. Having him and Xander like that hurts! I have not used Clarine much, but have liked her when she is on screen. I have 5 Effies...and basically no great armor beyond that. I guess my Zephiel is something to work with, but I cannot get Druag and Sheena to level up fast enough. I also just got Gwendolyn, so working on her. As far as Seliph...I keep forgetting I have him. Been focused on getting Masked Marth, Eirka and Chrom where I want them since Laslow and Karel are my lead sword users...yikes!

How does Chrom do for you? I've considered promoting him, but with Lucina and Masked Marth, and even a 4* Marth, he seems rather redundant.

As it stands, my primary arena team consists of Lucina, M!Robin, Nino, and [Insert bonus character sometimes]. My A team would probably just add Cordelia. All three of my core units can do either really well or really bad depending on who they face, but they tend to cover each other's weaknesses even if it is a little magic heavy. Robin essentially renders Ike, Ryoma, and Takumi rather helpless without specials, and even does well against Kaguro. Lucina does well at destroying green mages and axe users in general, even Hector, and Nino crushes blues for the most part. 

I've enjoyed developing my favorites, of course (Ike, Frederick, Ryoma, Ephraim, etc...), but also a few other people. Reinhardt is awesome and he's my favorite buddy for Frederick. Both of them are +def and Frederick boosts Reinhardt's defense even further with Fortify Def. Reinhardt inflates Freddy's attack and speed with Goad Cavalry in return. The speed boost doesn't do much since this Freddy is also -Spd lol but the boost to his already high attack is sure nice! Physical units have a lot of trouble with this duo! Heh heh. And then the other two units would be anti-magic to cover that weakness.

I also liked making my Marth into an absolute monster after I pulled a 5 star not too long after I upgrade one to 5 star. His attack and speed are nuts. lol

28 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

That is good to hear. I like Ceclia, and consider running her instead of Frederick, because any magic...and that guy is down.

What do you mean by Frederick being "down"? He's not a bad unit at all, even with his base skill set. He's just more specialized than some units, so he requires partners that can counter mages well. Give him certain skills and stuff and put him on the right team, and he'll do wonders for you just as he does for me. He just doesn't want a -Atk or -Def bane.

Edited by Anacybele

I've been really enjoying developing my favorites, of course. I don't focus on any themed movement teams so just picking who I like and/or who I need to fill in areas has been going just fine. Cordelia, B Cordelia, S Camilla and Tharja have all be very fun and rewarding to deck out. They're all absolute monsters. I'm training up a Camus now to work toward trying out a cavalry team, though. He's still leveling so I can't comment on if I like him or not yet, but he'll be joining Xander and Olwen. I still really need to deck out a Cecilia if I want a usable cav team, though, so that'll be a while.

As for your question, I'd suggest replacing your Spring Xander with Camus and Fredrick with Cecilia. Even if you can't afford to get her Gronnblade+ from a Nino she's a good counter to blues plus colorless with Gronnraven. If you're properly running cavalry buffs on the team I'd say a buffed up mage like Cecilia is scarier than 4* Fredrick. And Spring Xander kinda sucks, so Camus with his distant counter and better stats(if you 5* him, anyway) should help you out more.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What do you mean by Frederick being "down"? He's not a bad unit at all, even with his base skill set. He's just more specialized than some units, so he requires partners that can counter mages well. Give him certain skills and stuff and put him on the right team, and he'll do wonders for you just as he does for me. He just doesn't want a -Atk or -Def bane.

He's not dissing Fredrick, he just said he's down as in he goes down against magic, which is true, while Cecilia can deal with magic. Since he's only running Olwen as somebody who has good res, Cecilia is probably a worthwhile switch.

Edited by Alkaid

Basically any character who is deemed overpowered for me. OP as shit units are just fun to use, esp ones that specializes in doing high damage like Julia/Ursula

But specifically speaking Cecilia is probably the one unit i enjoyed the most in using, even though no human being should ever like her

Oh, many! I enjoyed developing my Horse Emblem team of Reinhardt, Camus, Cecilia, and Xander, along with Priscilla sometimes. They've really been amazing for me. I'm also really happy to have my Est 5-starred and fully trained. She's been with me since very early in the game. Cherche has been great for me, and Celica came out nicely. Her Ragnarok + Renewal work really well. I could go on, but that's good for now.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I'd suggest Cecilia, she's great in Horse Emblem, especially if you give her a Gronnblade tome from a spare Nino you may have. The -blade tomes are quite fantastic in Horse Emblem, you get +18 to your attack from a single Hone Cavalry buff (Ursula should be running Blarblade). But, yes, Cecilia would work better with that setup than Frederick, she'd be your team's green, and magic tends to be better than physical attacks anyway. So Cecilia would be the first place you should invest your energy. Your two Xander's should be fine for the frontlines, so Cecilia would be the strongest addition to your team.

Camus is also exceptionally good, he'd definitely outclass Spring Xander once fully trained to 5*.

Clarine is great if you need a healer. Make sure to give her Rehabilitate from a spare Wrys, if you plan on using her.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like @Alkaid said, it's not that Frederick is a bad unit. I took the time to take him from a 3 start to a 4* level 40! My Frederick just seems to be especially -res. One attack from any color mage and Frederick is down for that round. So, working on Horse Emblem orbs, I have to skip any map with mages. Xander is frankly just as bad. I need to work on those specific buffs for this team!

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

How does Chrom do for you? I've considered promoting him, but with Lucina and Masked Marth, and even a 4* Marth, he seems rather redundant.

Honestly, he is still in that awkward 30 something stage, but I can see exactly what you are saying about him being redundant. Until I had Masked Marth though...I had no Lucina. I didn't know what I was missing until Chrom and Masked Marth came around! I like him; he is super strong and his healing abilities are pretty great too.

28 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

He's not dissing Fredrick, he just said he's down as in he goes down against magic, which is true, while Cecilia can deal with magic. Since he's only running Olwen as somebody who has good res, Cecilia is probably a worthwhile switch.

11 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Like @Alkaid said, it's not that Frederick is a bad unit. I took the time to take him from a 3 start to a 4* level 40! My Frederick just seems to be especially -res. One attack from any color mage and Frederick is down for that round. So, working on Horse Emblem orbs, I have to skip any map with mages. Xander is frankly just as bad. I need to work on those specific buffs for this team!

And that's why I said Frederick needs allies who can easily deal with magic users. Also, Frederick often one-rounds magic wielders himself since many of them have low def while he has high attack. You don't NEED to switch him out, just get someone with high res and such that can help him out.

7 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Honestly, he is still in that awkward 30 something stage, but I can see exactly what you are saying about him being redundant. Until I had Masked Marth though...I had no Lucina. I didn't know what I was missing until Chrom and Masked Marth came around! I like him; he is super strong and his healing abilities are pretty great too.

The 30's are probably the worst part of leveling any character. Maybe I'll get to Chrom eventually. Right now I'm leveling Michalis since I managed to actually get the 4* this time around. Doubt if I'll promote him though. I also kind of want to promote Eliwood and Adult Tiki as kind of pet projects even if I have characters like Xander, Effie, and Nowi who might be better. 

Xander, Tharja, and Anna stand out to be my best investments of feathers.

Xander works well in murdering Hectors and the random archer (ie. Takumi) in Arena, especially with Quick Riposte equipped.

Anna is basically a utility unit with Reciprocal Aid (with 46 HP with HP +5 equipped) and runs Spur Res 3 in case somebody (usually Xander) has to eat a magic attack. She also easily murders Azura, Ninian, and Nowi, who are commonplace in Arena.

Tharja is +Spd/-HP which allows her to more easily double some enemies and has been a great help in Tempest Trials, especially in killing green units like Veronica.

My +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt has been a great investment in terms of skill inheritance (he was pulled at 5* so no feathers were directly dumped into building him up). Moonbow and Lancebreaker made him even better for Tempest Trials since he can score more quick kills easily.

I really enjoyed developing my Cecilia. Idk it was just so satisfiying to see her become good after not being too impressed with her at first.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

no human being should ever like her

This hurts me

43 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Lon'qu is a WiP but is almost done, Reinhardt's just fun to destroy things with despite being minus resistance, Lukas with Seal Attack is hilarious. It's between those 3 for me

I have been toying with what to do with Lukas. He is already a 35 with NOTHING equipped, and just a solid wall that came in handy during the Tempest Trials. 

12 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I have been toying with what to do with Lukas. He is already a 35 with NOTHING equipped, and just a solid wall that came in handy during the Tempest Trials. 

Give him Fortress Defense and Seal Attack and he's good to go on everything that isn't a mage. 

I enjoyd developing Cecilia, Xander and Camus. But i have the most fun with my 5 Star Azama healer tank with wierd setups on stuff. I think my Azama has the most inherited skills next to Wrys. I recently started again playing with my 5 Star Wrys as a mage healer tank with Atk Ploy 3 and testing various setups.

Edited by Hilda

Xander was always a joy for me. I'm so sad he's maxed his HM v.v

Gaius was not a joy... he was hard... but I'm still happy with him xD 

Reinhardt was also a joy to level. He just looked at most stuff and they died... plus, he works very well with Xander, which leads in to me getting to level two fun characters :) 

Cecilia and Ursula were fun...

The former is a Raven tome user that will be upgraded soon to a Gronnblade; the latter is running an all-out offense set with Blarblade.

I really like my infantry units. You already know the joy of using blade tomes, so I think I'll skip on advocating Nino and Tharja. Though Ephraim works great with the two of them. I gave mine hone speed and reposition, meaning he not only double buffs blade tomes but can get them out of danger too. But using Ephraim as a non-support has been a whole lot better once he got his quickened seal. Moonbow allows him to safely kill popular red lords in return fire while taking minimal damage in return. I plan on giving him distant counter (so he can deal with pesky red mages) and quick riposte when I get the fodder for it. 

Genny really shone during the tempest trials. Wrathful staff on healers is so good. They can actually deal decent damage while still healing your team mates. 

Klein is also pretty good. Having brave bow is great as you get to attack twice at range and his starting kit is pretty good so you don't need a lot of investment.

I haven't used her much but F!Corrin is actually pretty decent. Her atk is a bit on the low side but it doesn't matter much as she's a dragon, thus going against res. She has great bulk while still being speedy. Great debuffer unit. 

Ryoma. Has DC, is speedy, has decent def, and still hits like a truck. Need I say more?

I enjoyed leveling my Bride Cordelia. It was a breeze. By around the fifth and sixth merge, she can take on Stratums that are ten levels higher than her, although she does need some healer support.

Ponies are fun. Their buffs make it easy to train. However, I did not enjoy training Reinhardt as much as B!Cordelia, as I have three +Atk copies of him so I am unwilling to heavily merge him to train quicker. Once all three of them are level 40 and about half way done, I am going to put them on my defense team. I am going to bait unsuspecting players with the Arena season's Askr Trio, and once they see 3 Reinhardts, hopefully, they will surrender.

I stopped improving my armor team quite a while ago. After I learned to how to use dancers and glass cannons more effectively, I stopped using Hector and enemy phase units in general. However, I do use Xander as an Enemy Phase unit since his main job is to kill Hector. Other than Xander, units that I actively/semi-actively use are player phase units.

I gave up on my flier team since I did not summon Bunny Camilla. I wish I whaled on her though.

Edit: I pulled four more non Attack boon Reinhardts. Yay! I can now proceed with my defense team. I think I will go with triple +2 merged Reinhardts instead of quadruple since I cannot get the defense bonus with four of him. If I can summon one with +Atk later on, that will be my fourth Reinhart.

Spoiler

vU2yQQs.png

Edited by XRay

There are plenty of characters I want and want to level and build but I've hit blocks for all of my favorites (except Nino). So far the unit I've enjoyed developing the most has been Lukas. He was a game changer for me with his defense and giving him Ignis and Quick Riposte was the best thing I ever did. Even though he's +SPD/-ATK he's proven an irreplaceable unit for me. Seeing all the swords and lances line up to be deleted by him is the most satisfying thing ever. He can literally solo maps depending on the team composition.

I also enjoyed raising Soren as he felt like Nino in ways but I have no idea what to do with him. Also enjoyed raising Chrom, but he's pitifully slow and though I want to raise him to *5, the game seems to REALLY, REALLY wants me to use Marth as I've been given FOUR *4 Marths and two of them are +ATK/-DEF and +SPD/-RES. Plus Masked Marth is a thing so It's hard to find a place for Chrom, especially when he's +SPD/-DEF.

Tharja. It's been fun developing an entire team composition around making her into a Magician of Black Chaos, as well as setting her up with a flexible skillset — can run Ardent Sacrifice/Fury/Desperation or Draw Back/L&D/Swordbreaker depending on my mood and on the role I want her to play. It's funny because she still has 600SP after being maxed a long time ago.

Mages are definitely a lot of fun period. I wouldn't mind pulling Olwen at some point, or Julia. Not only mages though, I've enjoyed watching Lucina turn into a killing machine, and as the person above me has said, I've seen some cool Lukas builds that have been fun to murder I mean observe.