[Content warning] Dollie plays This Book Is A Dungeon - Chapter 1: Why the walls bleed

Laura

[This game contains a lot written gore and a lot of mature subject matter. Please don't read if you are squicky because some of it can get pretty gross imo.]

Hi!

I am Dollie but I am also known as Lore and Candy and since I'm really cheap, I love when Steam cuts the price in half of games. I found this game that looks pretty weird and I'm going to play for the forum because I am bored and nobody is calling me back!

If you know what the fuck is going on, no spoiler please! This is like the only time I'm going to try to go as blind as I can rip.

So first update is an introduction to the game! there's no gameplay, only plot.

can anybody tell me how to spoiler things, thanks! thx parrhesia the thiccest bih in town

Spoiler

zs7KKN9.jpg

that's the game!!! let's read the plot before get into dungeon crawling!

RXXx20E.jpg

buud4Cm.jpg

tMmpsKK.jpg

let's hope nothing changes!!

H3rnBDw.jpg

oh

QlQiOMe.jpg

qMVy5MJ.jpg

I don't think I'm becoming something cool here

B90NgH2.jpg

hopefully it's something nice!

18RKOIF.jpg

:l

jpxiQB7.jpg

S6vllpq.jpg

FaL7PoC.jpg

vrBhpIM.jpg

that doesn't sound very professional but okay.

OTKH80K.jpg

LaKI0mV.jpg

KopevCT.jpg

iLikafZ.jpg

O0PArih.jpg

5inNBpP.jpg

x2aCCJi.jpg

well that's depressing but I like the narrative! A+

WIUZ2k6.jpg

tmNVgmp.jpg

wow this game about someone suffering from a terminal disease is getting wild!

M45bTxX.jpg

eJGyoHp.jpg

If I throw myself down in the tracks, it wouldn't be a long game, right?

3jNvtFY.jpg

8z9JzCC.jpg

oh phew i thought i wasted my money right there

1ySBBsj.jpg

WinFYkZ.jpg

mqecz9q.jpg

gnEhTeH.jpg

I feel like this game will play on the fact that some times it feels like time gets distorted in places like in a high school at midnight or at a playground right before daybreak. Places that should have lives in it but there's none like a subway!

JiE6uWj.jpg

oh.

dcZdomb.jpg

vYQlWUD.jpg

bMepf4a.jpg

1b3jEiL.jpg

xnj0Ige.jpg

bJFEuti.jpg

I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I asked the discord and they all told me that stealing was right if you followed your dick, your stomach, and everything else!

TUU3MP9.jpg

So I decide to take it!

PUaQN7H.jpg

I have to say that I enjoy the imagery!

cJIAOH6.jpg

WZxShnZ.jpg

Perhaps someone sent us a message!

mu8mIS3.jpg

:l

Q1y6FB6.jpg

FpVhPhW.jpg

3j0jHix.jpg

oooooh I think the plot will start thicken right now! Plus I don't "have the tongue", mmmm.

Sounds fishy.

DvafLYH.jpg

U2B0Agy.jpg

I'm just going to flip to a random page until something weird happens so brb!

qddUF3h.jpg

LGixc1G.jpg

I only had to random twice, that's nice.

RC83HP6.jpg

xwZC35P.jpg

Isn't this what happen in Evil Dead? Like, right before something possess everyone and kill them one by one, I have a gut feeling it's going to end up horrible.

Z8LDBWz.jpg

AluyB65.jpg

pt6VLGR.jpg

A8vqfoS.jpg

7mG9Znx.jpg

ERASING THE PAST

ERASING THE FUTURE

ONLY THE PRESENT REMAINS

I think I did something bad.

etf7zn5.jpg

I click on it then....

2D7W6jM.jpg

Gameplay therefore I'm stopping here for today.

Next time, I will try to get out of this place in one piece! This game did mention auto-cannibalism though :l

Edited by Dollie

oooh time to do the first dungeon!

Time to get my mind fucked! Attempt #1 at Why the walls bleed

Spoiler

jAw4rXN.jpg

This is where I left off. By the way, the game doesn't has a savestate option so I need to restart the chapter every time. However, I do get the opportunity of skipping the intro and going to the dungeon I'm at. I'm assuming that when I finish this floor, I will be able to skip it and go directly to floor 2.

etzj9pS.jpg

FLgcEZe.jpg

FmBnyj1.jpg

I think it's going to end horribly for me.

When I press on the little three dots...

JQ3hAgz.jpg

I get this! That's how the game works. I press on the blue text then proceed to that option. By the way, isn't citrus like a cleaning product?

From the same screen, I press to go the western room...

Oh. So that's the bleeding wall. Interesting. I'm assuming I'm going to have to drink it.

Mmm I forgot to mention this. When you can see in which room you are and that's pretty neat. There's another fonction like this but I'll show it when it actually does something. From this screen I head to the eastern room.

What could go wrong?

Oh. Well, that's gross. Let's try again!

I hope this wasn't anything important or that I'm not like poisoned or anything.

I press on the blue text in order.

I'll start with the first thing, as always.

TShu4NG.jpg

6FFnJTg.jpg

That's mine now! We have an inventory and we can get things and keep them. It's kinda neat to be able to see what we have and where are we.

If it's long-dried blood, wouldn't that mean that the danger is faraway now? That's a good thing I'm assuming.

That's... wild. After reading this, I have officially cleared the place. I guess I'll go to the other room now.

I have a bad feeling about this. Therefore I press on the rubble because I'm assuming it's going to do something nice since it's blue and all of that.

cJ9lESC.jpg

I think  being eaten alive by an underwater creature is, like, one of my biggest nightmare to be honest.

I'm obviously not going back because there's a literally sea monster waiting to murder us. I'll do some tourism instead!

N65GlJ2.jpg

D0yxlsA.jpg

P1iP18J.jpg

TIwB9pS.jpg

Nm1LkMr.jpg

These are all very gross but I think the worse is the last one because it's not contain. I hope it's the water thing though because I don't want it roaming around.

HB1Jqbu.jpg

I then decide to check the closet but....

eOQHQ27.jpg

Well, I'll go to the other place I can go without getting murdered.

H2PZjDZ.jpg

Or maybe that's the thing that escaped containement. He looks like a raven but kinda human. I bet he was human before but someone like put a big raven head on his shoulder or it grew out of him. I think the latter. Let's speak to it!

QiJKp2T.jpg

5Ph39bq.jpg

bEdGjQI.jpg

4uLPTn9.jpg

kWAFeP9.jpg

KhiSi9P.jpg

2VFDr0i.jpg

ZGpK32S.jpg

pjWeFtQ.jpg

7Rswvo4.jpg

y2ny5rT.jpg

1T5sHEi.jpg

m8Y1jIV.jpg

bBHQmYe.jpg

1tcfpZf.jpg

When I said "let's speak" to it I mean "let's let him monologue" to us about his life.

6cUu4wO.jpg

hMMpKta.jpg

So I can kill him, rob him, and feed him blood I guess and free him with my hands or the rusty knife I picked up.

tsSzaQr.jpg

I'm leaving it alone for now because it's scary and I don't want to get killed.

nvbIVw1.jpg

But the large door to the west is lock so I'm stuck with him. For now.

6cUu4wO.jpg

I wasn't quite sure what to do some I asked a friend!

epHKecL.jpg

Time to kill the bird!

6cUu4wO.jpg

o0FUJbX.jpg

2Gcxm5b.jpg

I go for the gut kill because I just felt like it I guess.

3qrQp3b.jpg

I'm sure everyone is going to be fine and dandy!

pBowA9c.jpg

dpVKAL6.jpg

The key around his neck is gone. I think I made a mistake. I turn around then...

PWH3LIS.jpg

A95hAyQ.jpg

I don't think I'm going to be fine.

UOZVEFZ.jpg

I vomited in my mouth just a bit.

HSRXfdh.jpg

FdBC7PN.jpg

D3OafDq.jpg

DRR0lwj.jpg

0SBiWRg.jpg

mYlD8vQ.jpg

Mvo92PZ.jpg

F1WYhod.jpg

QqBGpkx.jpg

4LaLCXY.jpg

oDeILdr.jpg

qJ8c09r.jpg

ji8epQo.jpg

6JdnAtR.jpg

z08t9In.jpg

WpBCfgR.jpg

dtCpKeN.jpg

I need a smoke

Ways I have died:

Drowned in a mysterious liquid and turned into an exposition.

Edited by Dollie

Time for more This Book Is A Dungeon!!

Spoiler

Thank god for this feature or else I would go insane.

MObdb91.jpg

rBXtfKu.jpg

pS66txP.jpg

W6zhKYk.jpg

Up to this point, everything is the same. Nothing new so I'll take the opportunity to explain my goals for today. I want to figure out why the walls are bleeding, how to get out of this level and getting more deaths. 

dsVpm0j.jpg

This time, I decided not to the throw the rubble in the water and, well, tentacles attacked me?

MlT7gnc.jpg

I need to get back there without a knife so I can showcase the death.

I skip the next room because there is nothing else to show. We are not in the empty tube (which would have been funny imo) and I started talking to the raven-man, but I won't kill him this time.

BBiJAQF.jpg

8UxpvfX.jpg

HdIeLNR.jpg

Hum, what.

yivJasB.jpg

But I'm not done with him just yet.

3HhntP2.jpg

If I come back without his drink, he gets angry at me. Reminds me of my childhood tbh.

3pGVjy2.jpg

Welp, I wanted to show what happens when you open the wrong door but I opened the right door right of the bat. It's the room with the four tubes and it unlocks the closet. The bowl is an item I get to keep. I narrow down my option and decide to head where the wall is bleeding and....

vT5wDlR.jpg

I'm right!

zLhvl00.jpg

I'm assuming it's the raven that's laughing. I don't want to think there's anymore people like him in this dungeon, to be honest. I got curious so I click on the "red goo"

mJ7ZpXj.jpg

and I get a prompt to drink it. I will do that another run because I am not drinking.

yeWmgij.jpg
While walking back, I decide to shove my hand in the alcove and, instead of getting it eaten by bugs, I trigger a mechanism somewhere. I think that's fun. I'll have to test that feature out a couple of time.

rsVI1QT.jpg

Yes, I'm sure we can be friends now! Even though I stabbed you in another dimension, I'm sure we can be friends.

h3pUivc.jpg

bLhpysL.jpg

this is oddly sexual and I don't like that.

SEnIU65.jpg

But take a sip babe.

RhPVDXv.jpg

If I had any morals, I would have stopped giving him a drink.

DIjRdYD.jpg

But I'm me and I don't care about a bird-person who murdered me so...

4dijwMt.jpg

I kill this thing. Hopefully it wont come back to life and murder me and put me a tube to display for future adventurers to see.

FR9r8vn.jpg

Mmmm, that's what happened after I stabbed it. Is that a bad sign?

umbN3Ne.jpg

N3PMvHM.jpg
Oh that's a good sign, it's another key.

Time to escape this place!

9FYBMce.jpg

bk95j3P.jpg

It's cool that I found a way to get past the raven-man thing but I'd love to know who did the scratch marks and why was he tied down with metal shackles. It's probably nothing of importance but it could be interesting to know for future floors.

MmRRGmM.jpg
Well, looks like we are out of this place.

7b5X9Lz.jpg
Okay that's kinda weird and I don't like it.

eyRBPLj.jpg
I don't think I am quite out of this yet.

4xWAxY3.jpg

7RlYi4c.jpg

wKKhrBq.jpg

e4Hxzpo.jpg

I think I know why the walls are bleeding now.

IRtDfeb.jpg

I'm not climbing down there. I'm not going anywhere this thing because I don't want to get eaten by a worm pooping out blood.

8QNeoNM.jpg

VnSDnW1.jpg

kj2zPIZ.jpg

I decided to take the high road and to ignore the green worm below me because that's shit is nasty lmao.

JAyA9Xf.jpg

YJ389Ly.jpg

eTVTKDZ.jpg

rCBgIne.jpg
oDl5hV6.jpg

ynpLmIW.jpg

Z6HeVCB.jpg

Z9xCmnC.jpg

So.... this ending is lìterally me getting eaten alive?

I think I'm playing a vore fetish game.

Ways I have died:

Drowned in a mysterious liquid and shown as a exhibiton.

Eaten alive by the giant worm that makes the walls bleed.

Bonus update

Spoiler

X20zzt6.jpg

sYsjK6C.jpg

Cj0KqDh.jpg

zBqufoO.jpg

sKrhyVJ.jpg

During my first run, this option caught my eye. I decided to go through it for the extra update! I'm assuming this is going to be horrible because me and birdman have a bad relationship. So if he murders me in an awful manner, I called it!

pPecB9r.jpg

7TjbTDW.jpg

I decided to use my hands for no reasons other than I thought that using a knife near the thing that killed me was a bad idea since last time he kinda blinded me with a parasite.

3oT0FOU.jpg

VT7znn6.jpg

qtkrNob.jpg

4njRabM.jpg

I will keep the rock thing in my mind when I'm serious about escaping this level. I assume I can throw it on the worm that makes the wall bleed. I smash his bangles with a large rock and....

uW5ofpr.jpg

CPRH86I.jpg

gh2672J.jpg

9L0JEg7.jpg

KEzKZp5.jpg

Well, this sucked? It's not the only thing that I want to show in this extra deathly update though.

WLyArpB.jpg

zLhvl00.jpg

mJ7ZpXj.jpg

Well, we know what happened to our birdman friend so let's see what it does on humans.

8lLiQtm.jpg

u8wnLM2.jpg

TdHvdL0.jpg

jZJsGl2.jpg

M3N1Jr2.jpg

ayyzuhJ.jpg

It is as lethal as to birdpeople and to humans. That's nice to know

Ways I have died:

Drowned in a mysterious liquid and shown as a exhibiton

Eaten alive by the giant worm that makes the walls bleed

Throat opened by the birdman

Internal organs melted by the red goo

I'm having fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Let's escape the first floor! (or die trying)

Spoiler

TPQuPVm.jpg

so hum it's been awhile since I updated this thing but it is still happening.

mmm I hope nobody minds me skipping ahead because I have done this whole thing about five times now? I'd rather not screenshot unavoidable text and make this update longer than it should. This is going to be short one because I'm going to go for the win.

QsaO2qx.jpg

I pick that up because I guess it will be useful to stab the giant worm thing.

wQXiQLb.jpg

kZDZhL8.jpg

I take the key from Mr. Crow then unlock the closet where he hides his trash alongside a wooden bowl.

180NAJo.jpg

KusycSL.jpg

On the way to fill in the wooden bowl, I shove my hand in the alcove and I don't trigger the mechanism. Hopefully, it's not important to escape the first floor.

Fi92x1V.jpg

I come back to Mr. Crow with the acid poop and he's like "gimme the sip" and I'm like "take a sip, babe"

ANp9Qdr.jpg

NmLLgzq.jpg

MPEwgqM.jpg

...then he dies. Bitch had it coming, though. He killed me the most in this chapter.

b7d5SUQ.jpg

I move up from petty theft to looting, taking the key that unlocks the door that will let me face the thing that poops acid blood.

N9DQMXV.jpg

Mr. Crow, you will be remember for murdering me in horrible and painful ways including torturing me and making me one of you exhibition. Rot in hell.

Cbrbme0.jpg

IgSxGK2.jpg

I'm not trying to ninja my way past this thing, I will do the right christian thing: throw rocks at it.

zz7GfnX.jpg

NnsNSiu.jpg

hzxNiez.jpg

Wow this is becoming the Judas videoclip but it's a giant worm instead of Lady Gaga, what an icon. She is truly recycling herself in many ways.

PxaUdfa.jpg

B2GUzZO.jpg

Tragically, it doesn't die from getting lapidated but it does move away from the far wall, giving us some place to move around. I won't try to ninja my way out so I will just get on his level, I guess?

pFL72gU.jpg

Oh, nothing bad is h-

O8T2BKX.jpg

...why do I even bother?

39KC0jT.jpg

Funny personal story time: one time I fell in the stairs in front of my house and the wind was knocked out of my body and I started panicking because I thought I was paralyzed.

h5djOXv.jpg

Oh, so I'm not dead? That's nice.

I think it's the latter, to be honest. Unless I fall directly in its mouth, I don't think it will try to murder me. Maybe.

XT2hcUi.jpg

Okay so a shitty choice. I either go through the thing's acid poop or I squeeze my way through by hugging the wall and stepping in the mucous of the thing.

We know for a fact that the red fluid is, like, corrosive if shallowed. I don't think it does anything when it contacts with the skin since I haven't melted to death after falling into a pool of it. If I eat it, I become addicted. I don't want to risk it since I know for a fact that going through it is probably going to either melt me alive or make me addicted to it.

The other way is still kinda gross but I don't know if the mucous has the same traits that the red fluid has. I'm assuming it doesn't since it's... not the red fluid. Not the most thought out thing ever, but I'm going through the tiny path behind the giant worm, hoping I won't get crushed alive.

mdIVsGg.jpg

It's not poop, it's vomit. I don't know if that makes it worse or make it better.

YATTep5.jpgIt must smell so horrible lmao.

LWgg3SP.jpg

That's all? No firework or anything celebrating the fact I just went through this disgusting shit? Whatever, chapter 2 here I come.

u4ZyNYj.jpg

tESnIoz.jpg

Well, not today I mean. I will do chapter 2 another day, maybe tomorrow or the day after, I'm not sure. But for now, a preview!

lFq5xoa.jpg

WdxwGWg.jpg

Rdx23ft.jpg

Edited by Dollie
fixing stuff