How do supports work in this game?

So I am going to be getting this game soon, after I finish Sacred Stones, but I want to know what the support system is like. Is it similar to Sacred Stones in how you could only have five supports conversations per character, or is it unlimited? Are the conversations on the battle field, or in a menu of sorts?

Just now, KongDude said:

Unlimited but there are only around 26 supports in the game.

They are done on the battlefield. They build their supports by battling or doing other actions within 3 spaces of each other.

Okay good to know. I was making sure I didn't need to plan out what supports each character does, since iirc there isn't any children you can recruit like in Awakening/Fates.

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

Okay good to know. I was making sure I didn't need to plan out what supports each character does, since iirc there isn't any children you can recruit like in Awakening/Fates.

Yeah, this game doesn't feature kids. Just so you know, Celica has the most supports with 4, so it shouldn't be too hard obtaining all the supports except for Sonya's and Deen's.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Yeah, this game doesn't feature kids. Just so you know, Celica has the most supports with 4, so it shouldn't be too hard obtaining all the supports except for Sonya's and Deen's.

That is good to know that I can focus on developing the relationships that seem the best to me, rather than breeding for good children.

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

That is good to know that I can focus on developing the relationships that seem the best to me, rather than breeding for good children.

It's best to just get all the supports you can. Use this as a reference. For the ranks category, all that say none mean they're passive supports.

Just now, BakanGin said:

Theres also the buggy DLC supports, do y'all think they'll add more with dlc.

I'd love to see more, especially between unlikely pairings. If it's just going to be supports though, I wouldn't buy it. Even though I liked the supports, it kind of sucks that they're locked behind DLC.