The Worst Decision You've Made for SI

What was the dumbest decision you've made for skill inheritance? I wouldn't expect it being a super big screw-up but something that just isn't helpful at all.

When passing Desperation 3 from Shanna to Marth, I was reminded that I gave her Warding Blow 3 from Niles when SI was released. Lol

Probably putting G-Tomebreaker on Chrom and Cecilia at the very beginning just to get rid of all the Henry's I had. Before I realized he was gold and fantastic Ignis fodder.

I gave Lloyd Distant Counter.  I don't know if I regret it, because I had two Hectors and I really want to make a four fangs team viable, but DC on Lloyd isn't half as good as I had expected. 

Giving Glacier to Eirika. It's a bit too slow to be useful.

I also gave Glimmer to Sharena, but it never seemed to hurt her much. Sometimes I regret a bit Renewal vs Swordbreaker or QR for her, but it's not like Renewal itself never comes in handy so *shrugs*

13 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I sacrificed a 5* Effie to my Tsubaki for Silver Lance+. I should have sacrificed her to someone else, to be honest.

UGH

I almost vomited just now!

33 minutes ago, KongDude said:

You filthy nub

Wanna fite?

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

UGH

I almost vomited just now!

Hey, don't judge me! My Tsubaki demanded nutrients, and he shall have them!

Next, I'm gonna sacrifice my 5* Fae to Hinata. Also might sacrifice Beruka to him as well.

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Oboro is bad. Fite me.

You talk big for a little snot 

18 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Next, I'm gonna sacrifice my 5* Fae to Hinata. Also might sacrifice Beruka to him as well.

That sounds pretty cool actually XD

I planned on giving Lucina Desperation 3 from Shanna but somehow my brain mixed up the Inherit Skill screen with the Learn Skills screen so I only inherited Desperation 1 instead of all 3 levels...

then i just said screw it i'm running iut of barracks space and sacrificed my extra Navarre for Desperation 2. Totally blaming Tempest Trial fatigue for the mixup.

Oh and i didn't realise it was cheaper to give Frederick Fortify Cavalry rather than the Hone Cavalry line so Brave Axe Frederick will be delayed for an even longer time. I didn't know Fortify Def can go straight to Fortify Cavalry and though you needed Fortify Res exclusively for that.

Otherwise giving a unit too many expensive skills when I could have given it to a duplicate and merged that instead. Gave Effie Pivot and Draconic Aura where I should have given Draconic Aura to spare Effie then merged them, since Effie had low SP by that point.

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Otherwise giving a unit too many expensive skills when I could have given it to a duplicate and merged that instead. Gave Effie Pivot and Draconic Aura where I should have given Draconic Aura to spare Effie then merged them, since Effie had low SP by that point.

This basically sums up everything annoying I've ever done.

Once, I wasted a Shanna to have Clair inherit Iceberg. Sure, Iceberg is a great special for Clair, but it's a total waste of Desperation fodder for it to come from Shanna. Plus, I don't really use Clair, and I have a couple spare Niles lying about. Iceberg is literally the only thing Niles is good for, but I wasted a Shanna instead. At the time, I didn't think that Desperation was anything I'd really be using a whole lot, and I had 3 Shanna's at the time.

I'm also in the "I gave Sharena Glimmer!" club. It's been okay, I haven't really thought about changing it. I also gave it to Azura, but Azura doesn't particularly use her special, so it's fine to have junk there.

The worst I've done is losing my temper during Legion's infernal GHB and giving Nino Death Blow to win, she already had Life and Death which means I killed a Klein for absolutely nothing, it's even worse because now that I'm working on Flier Emblem my Hinoka wishes she could have DB.

Another thing is killing every Barst I've had to give reposition to units I don't use anymore, I don't really regret that but it's a bit annoying because the only fooder I have left is Swap and Pivot which aren't as useful.

1. Giving Heroes!Anna skills that I no longer intend to use. I gave her Seal Attack from somebody and sacrificed one of my Chroms to give her Sol, with the idea to try and make Anna more durable. My new idea is to give her the classic Life and Death with Desperation combo, but skill fodder is hard to come by.

2. Sacrificing a spare Selena to my Erika so Erika can learn basic Triangle Adept. I really dislike not inheriting skills that are "maxed out" by default.

3. Creating a "Blazing Flame" Cherche (+DEF, -RES) build, then Michalis comes along and immediately outclasses her in every way for such a build due to his Hauteclere and his stat spread. I guess this Cherche I heavily invested into will become merged with my +ATT, -RES Cherche instead...

4. Retiring my 2 Hinatas before Skill Inheritance was a thing.

5. Giving Ursula a Blárblade tome, only to realize she doesn't have the SP to learn it as a Level 40 4-Star. I could have saved that Odin...

1 hour ago, Sire said:

1. Giving Heroes!Anna skills that I no longer intend to use. I gave her Seal Attack from somebody and sacrificed one of my Chroms to give her Sol, with the idea to try and make Anna more durable. My new idea is to give her the classic Life and Death with Desperation combo, but skill fodder is hard to come by.

You know, I have a Hana in the same boat. Can I add this to mine?

At some point soon after SI was introduced I gave Narcian armored blow and pretty much immediately realized I had no idea why I had done that. I have no idea what was running through my head when I briefly thought that was a good idea. Worst part it I have yet to replace it, because I can't decide on one/don't have the necessary fodder to replace it. 

Soren also has breath of life for some reason that I also don't remember. 

I should probably avoid playing with skill inheritance when I'm tired. 

Sacrificing not one, but two, Ryoma for Hone Speed on other characters.  I had three Ryoma, and this was before I was actively checking IV's.

The third one I have left is +RES-spd.... and even worse now, I have 4 spare Matthew lying around.

I gave Vantage to Alfonse. That was literally the biggest waste of Vantage ever. 

I also gave Renewal to Tharja, but then I gave her Swordbreaker so Renewal will never be used. Ever. Though I don't think anybody can really use Renewal. No unit is immune to being ORHO'd by the right hero or combination of heroes.

I suppose one regret I have at the moment was sacrificing my Corrine (F) to get Draconic Aura and Hone Atk. She was only 4*, but it looks like she's a pretty decent unit when you 5* and max her, surprisingly fast and tanky dragon. Ah well. I don't like the character anyway. Tiki (Y) will do just fine.

Edited by Wanda