The Worst Decision You've Made for SI

I was trying to figure out a way to make Hector survive against Spring Camilla, so to stop him from getting doubled, I sacrificed a Effie to give him Wary Fighter...which cancels out QR on Armads, derp. Also, I wanted to use a Brave Sword Zephiel that could be used outside of an armor team, so I gave him Threaten Attack 3...Wasted a lot of SP before I realized that Threaten Defense is way better for the Brave Sword.

Edit: My avatar is appropriate for this thread.

Edited by NekoKnight

Carrot Lance+ for both Sharena and Effie.

I got four Spring!Xanders when I tried to pull Spring!Lucina. I didn't care about Xander, but the Carrot Lance is cool: when an infantry unit gets it, the lance pokes up outside its tile, and it stand out from the friend list.

Sadly, I didn't have much chance to show off my Sharena, because I have pulled too many blue units so I use Sharena very seldomly, despite she played an important role before the SI. When she's useful, her own lance is much more powerful than the carrot.

As for Effie, I didn't bother putting her in the battlefield at all. I just don't like running Armored units because they walk too slow. I thought Effie might be useful only because of the wiki tier list ranked her S+ at that time. Actually Effie will never gain enough SP to inherit Carrot Lance and Carrot Lance+.

Edited by Rosetta

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I was trying to figure out a way to make Hector survive against Spring Camilla, so to stop him from getting doubled, I sacrificed a Effie to give him Wary Fighter...which cancels out QR on Armads, derp. Also, I wanted to use a Brave Sword Zephiel that could be used outside of an armor team, so I gave him Threaten Attack 3...Wasted a lot of SP before I realized that Threaten Defense is way better for the Brave Sword.

Edit: My avatar is appropriate for this thread.

On the plus side, if you give Zephiel his Eckesachs weapon (which is Threaten Def), then it at least goes well with Threaten Attack for a double debuff (and improves survivability with Wary Fighter)

On 23/06/2017 at 10:29 PM, Astellius said:

Once, I wasted a Shanna to have Clair inherit Iceberg. Sure, Iceberg is a great special for Clair, but it's a total waste of Desperation fodder for it to come from Shanna. Plus, I don't really use Clair, and I have a couple spare Niles lying about. Iceberg is literally the only thing Niles is good for, but I wasted a Shanna instead. At the time, I didn't think that Desperation was anything I'd really be using a whole lot, and I had 3 Shanna's at the time.

I literally did the exact same thing, but with a Nino instead of Clair. And sadly i don't have any extra Shannas :(

I once sacrificed a Raigh to give Alm Rally Attack, but later i realised Reciprocal Aid is wayy better so i spent a lot of time SP grinding for that instead. Well, at least he was a good substitute Eirika (who i still need). I also once gave Spring Chrom New Moon but not Moonbow, but i did correct it eventually.

2 hours ago, V-raptor said:

I literally did the exact same thing, but with a Nino instead of Clair. And sadly i don't have any extra Shannas :(

Ah, RIP our wasted Shanna's! Coincidentally, Nino is someone who actually really wants Desperation. That's too bad. My Nino currently has dibs on my last Shanna, and I've set it up so that she'll learn Iceberg and Desperation 2 & 3 from her. But it seems Anna also would like Desperation too... argh.

But at least Iceberg is nice, right?

6 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I gave Sharena Hone Atk 1-3 (and spent SP unlocking them) before I learned that the boost doesn't stack with Rally Attack.  -_-

That's not that bad at all. You should change her Assist skill to Reposition or Swap, and then you have a real nice build. Positioning skills are usually better than Rally skills, and Hone Atk is better than her native Hone Def.

So far, my worst decision continues to be my choice to give Reciprocal Aid + Hone Speed 2 to Kagero from my single, solitary free Matthew. It wasn't until I realized that Matthew is the only 4* unit who can pass Hone Speed 3 that I realized the gravity of my mistake OTL ;;; I just wanted to get her RecipAid but now my small army of Donnels constantly remind me of this grievous error.

EDIT: Correction: Eirika can also pass Hone Spd 3 at 4*, but she's also literally the best buffbot so why sack her when she can do so well at that herself? ...although I AM dragging my feet on building the one Eirika that I DID pull, on the off chance that I should happen to get a better one and the availability for that Hone Speed to be SI'd should happen to thusly open up....

It doesn't help that most of the time grey is a pretty poor choice to pull on... ;; it wasn't until the bridal banner that I started attempting it, but alas nothing. (Hey at least I actually got the one waifu I was going for ehehe ;; ) 

Still no Matthews, and now I even have a team comp that slightly hinges on being able to have Hone Speed 3... RIP me. T3T

I guess the silver lining is that even just Hone Speed 2 is pretty good just on Kagero, but the main team I use her with (Tiki/Robin) doesn't get much use out of it unless I happen to run Nino with them over Titania or one of my other greens, and even then, only Nino really needs or appreciates it... ;; le sigh. 

Edited by BANRYU

Oh certainly!

Alfonse and Seal Res. Felicia and Seal Res (I had a lot of Raighs). Selena and RTomebreaker. Giving Roy Glowing Ember, or Eirika Fury (it has bitten me before). Giving so many units Night Sky (Including Sharena. Just waiting on Luna and likely Desperation and she'll be fixed) 

Hell, Cherche and Vantage is mostly bad from the perspective of "Why give it to her?". It has been useful though, even as tier 2.

i actually feel satisfied with my choices..though a few nights ago when i was drunk i accidentally sacked a 4* Barst for Reposition instead of a 3*. goodbye Spur Atk 3...

some might consider my Nino a bad decision. Darting Blow, WoM, and Breath of Life. the idea was she swoops in to low health units, kills what's in front of them AND heals them. it was actually pretty helpful in the trials though, and the Darting Blow helped deal with the outrageous speed of some of the units that she wouldn't be able to double with Fury or L&D.

but i do regret blowing all my WoM fodder almost instantly...one on S!Lucina who i rarely use..i've never gotten another Cain after the 3 i burned, which was months ago...

I wanted to get orbs by doing the Michalis on Michalis mission. I figured if I gave my 4 star Mich quick riposte 1 from my 3 star Subaki it would be an okay buy, and so I did. However, I accidentally gave it to my newer lvl one 4 star Mich so I had to sacrifice my Mich copy for my lvl 40 Mich. I lost a Mich copy and a QR fodder this way for 2 orbs...

Edited by Logos