Fix your favorite and least favorite FE

Køkø

Genealogy: (favorite) 

- Either slow down the ponies or speed up the ground units. It takes a lot of effort to make the foot units keep up with the horses and its not entirely fun to keep track of everyone's movements.

- Add Cyas as a playable unit.

- Include supports.

- Give the player more to do on the map. Add villages, fortresses and other little things to fill the map some more. Perhaps introduce high risk and reward situations where you can chose to either try and take a couple of fortresses with strong units or go through the woods in a safer but more time consuming manner. 

Conquest: (Favorite from a gameplay perspective at least)

- Do very extensive rewriting of the story.

- Fix Ganon and his two goons

- Fix Kotaro so he and Corrin don't turn on each other for such a contrived reason.

Two favorites also include POR and Blazing sword but I don't really think they have clear flaws that needs fixing. That's why they are my favorites

Shadow dragon: (least favorite)

- Have the playable cast, the villains and the story all pull a Fire emblem echoes. 

- Unlike a lot of people I'm not entirely opposed to the artstyle, just partially. I think the maps actually look very good and a lot of face sprites as well. But some of the face sprite do look somewhat weird to me like Est. Those should be fixed. The battle animations also aren't very good. A lot of classes(most obviously the general) look like clay to me and its far to obvious that the characters don't have faces. 

Birthright: (least favorite)

- Improve the map design. As it is now a lot of them are really dull. Its the Awakening problem with lots open route maps without any gimmick to set them apart. I think its even worse then Awakening. I didn't really have a problem with Awakening's maps but here it got very dull.

- Give the story some meat on its bones. Make more stuff actually happen rather then just set up a journey from point A to point B with fights along the way.

- Fix Garon and his goons.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/3/2017 at 2:40 AM, Topaz Light said:

give Celica a way of damaging and killing Duma below 52 HP, too

Nosferatu.

Edit: Whoops, no, she can't learn that. Amiibos. :^)

Edited by ScarletFlame

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Why though. GBA mercs have the best animations ever.

Agreed, especially since GBA Mercenaries and Heroes did the Aether animation (the first part of it anyway) before it was cool. Actually, it's not just the GBA Mercs that have the best animations ever. Pretty much every Class in the GBA era had the best animations. The only other game in the series to have animations that rival those of the GBA era is Shadows of Valentia.

On 7/4/2017 at 10:50 AM, Vaximillian said:

Why though. GBA mercs have the best animations ever.

I exaggerated a bit, but the merc relies heavily on blurred frames, more specifically the FE6 one. FE7's is better for the most part.

7 minutes ago, SageHarpuiaJDJ said:

I exaggerated a bit, but the merc relies heavily on blurred frames, more specifically the FE6 one. FE7's is better for the most part.

But they are the same.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But they are the same.

You're right. I just looked again and they animate the same. The sprites are just different.

And after looking at both, I can now clarify better. Sorry about being so scatterbrained with my posts before.

You see, I know this guy who makes sprites and stuff in the style of GBA. He had gripes with the merc animation, one being the start and the end of the animation. I didn't really notice it, but the jumping forward and back frames were just a blurred frame of the next one. The GBA animations use a lot of motion blur, which I don't really mind since they are effective, but if I were to change something about them, it'll be to tone down body motion blur to a T. I think the brigand is a solid animation because it's smooth without a lot of bluf, and the Merc can be revamped to be something like the Brigand in terms of blur.