It just occurred to me that Zeke probably has the best plot armor in Fire Emblem history.

Jiac

Does Intelligent Systems really expect me to believe that Zeke got fucking Ken Combo'd by Marth into the fucking ocean. Then, Zeke's lifeless body crossed that very same ocean, unconscious and bleeding out and shit, and survived??

He drifted across the entire ocean all disheveled and shit, with armor weighing him down and hemorrhaging out blood. Just to be found alive, washed ashore, thousands of miles away. When there was a million fucking things that could've fucking killed him. 

He miraculously did not die from any of the following:
A.) Bleeding to Death

B.) Drowning

C.) Hypothermia

D.) Infection

E.) Sharks

The best part about this, is that the only reason Zeke survives is just to be used as a lame plot device to get Nyna out of Medeus' trance. He had no reason to conquer death, Nyna and Marth asked him to join the Archanaean League, but he died because of "muh political alliance."

Maybe the remnants of the Sable Order cleaned him up and buried him at sea in secrecy? That's the only explanation I have.

The survivors of the Sable Order must of had some type of resurrection staff and they used it on Zeke, at least that's what I think since there is a resurrection staff in the game.

I always imagined he somehow fell or crawled into a boat.

There's a boat nearby in the scene where Tatiana finds him, even though it's probably always there in the background.

Otherwise, maybe he found a piece of driftwood?

Maybe he unknowingly catched a ride on a dagon (also unaware?). Now that those are a thing...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I mean, his survival is coming from the same series where:

Spoiler

a)you can put your children in a deep realm where time flows faster so you can create super soldier babies. (Fates)

b)It's not uncommon for previously dead people to be resurrected. (Awakening, Sacred Stones, Blazing Sword, FE3/11/12)

c)Incest can revive a dark god out to destroy humanity. (Genealogy)

d)some gods live among men (Gaiden + Echoes, Radiant Dawn)

e)you can give a girl a drink that makes them no longer a lesbian (Fates, tbh I can fill this whole list with Fates shenanigans but we all know them by now)

Plus he's Motherf""king ZEKE. MY BOY!

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Hide contents

b)It's not uncommon for previously dead people to be resurrected. (Awakening, Sacred Stones, Blazing Sword, FE3/11/12)

In the defense of FE8, that was less revival and more making human meat puppets

The big problem, besides surviving the long crossing of the ocean, is that in FE1 and Book 1 of FE3- Camus sat on the castle gates, and wasn't able to freely move around like in FE11. And the nearest body of water visible isn't that close to the castle. So how in the world did he terribly injured wander to over to the ocean or a river? Does Marth not want to make absolutely sure that Camus, a major threat by himself, is dead? And why wouldn't Nyna want to see his corpse?

On 6/24/2017 at 2:04 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Hide contents

c)Incest can revive a dark god out to destroy humanity. (Genealogy)

Spoiler

In all fairness, that actually makes sense using the only thing I understood from Biology- Punnet Squares. Simply put, if the "dark god" gene is recessive, the marriage of two people (whether incestuous or not) with the recessive gene would create a 1 in 4 chance of their child having the ability of reviving said dark god. The same logic is the reason incest tends to result in diseases anyway. And, of course, this is still ignoring the moral dilemma caused by incest itself.

Regardless, I just came up with a theory. What if, after Camus's death, one of the surviving Sable Knights heard of how Mila can revive some of the dead, and brought Camus's body with him on a boat headed to Valentia. However, the ship crashed on the journey, and Camus, by some stroke of luck, floated rather than sunk and landed in Rigel, where the rest is history.

Wait, but that would require Camus to have somehow come back to life spontaneously in the ocean, and Marth not taking his body after killing him...

I got nothing. Camus is awesome, yes, but I have no idea how and why he survived aside from the developers wanting to show off more of him.

Spoiler

Maybe Camus, Sirius, and Zeke are actually morphs created to deliver a message from Lord Nergal. "I await you on the Dread Isle."

Edited by MasterJP28

Spoiler

Maybe it's possible that instead of burying his corpse in the ground, Marth decided to put him in a coffin or casket, and thrown it into the sea (I mean I saw some people doing that... in a movie, once...), where it drifted till it reached Valentia. Coincidentally Tatiana found him, and assuming that Camus' corpse was still fresh, she decided to revive him through the power of Mila.

Or Zeke is just a completely different person who knew of Camus, but due to amnesia, it eventually resulted in him thinking he might be Camus. Meanwhile Camus poses as Sirius, and wears a mask because the upper part of his face is in bad condition due to Marth and his gang severely injuring him, and thus can't show it.

I mean my theories don't make sense, especially the second one.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:10 PM, GuiltyLove said:

Ken combo didn't exist at the time since Melee wasn't out yet

heh

On 7/1/2017 at 0:41 PM, Flee Fleet! said:
  Hide contents

Maybe it's possible that instead of burying his corpse in the ground, Marth decided to put him in a coffin or casket, and thrown it into the sea (I mean I saw some people doing that... in a movie, once...), where it drifted till it reached Valentia. Coincidentally Tatiana found him, and assuming that Camus' corpse was still fresh, she decided to revive him through the power of Mila.

Or Zeke is just a completely different person who knew of Camus, but due to amnesia, it eventually resulted in him thinking he might be Camus. Meanwhile Camus poses as Sirius, and wears a mask because the upper part of his face is in bad condition due to Marth and his gang severely injuring him, and thus can't show it.

I mean my theories don't make sense, especially the second one.

a buddy of mine said that the sable knights may have did a viking death ceremony for him, the one where they set the boat on fire and stuff,  then it started raining really hard and they couldn't do anything about it. storm broke the boat and boom he's in valentia somehow lol. 

no one mentioned the weirdest part of the whole thing

after almost getting killed and somehow drifting from one continent to another, he still has the same fucking clothes on

On 7/1/2017 at 1:23 PM, MasterJP28 said:
  Hide contents

Maybe Camus, Sirius, and Zeke are actually morphs created to deliver a message from Lord Nergal. "I await you on the Dread Isle."

Although, now I'm wondering what happened to his horse? Did it survive the trip in the ocean as well? Or is the one in Gaiden/Echoes a new one?

On 7/3/2017 at 3:41 AM, Jiac said:

a buddy of mine said that the sable knights may have did a viking death ceremony for him, the one where they set the boat on fire and stuff,  then it started raining really hard and they couldn't do anything about it. storm broke the boat and boom he's in valentia somehow lol.

Yeah, that seems to make more sense.

But wait, I have a question. If he was revived, instead of just washing up on Valentia unconscious, then how did he lose his memory? I mean, I'm pretty sure someone who just got revived would remember who they were. Unless he just acted like an amnesia for whatever reason.

8 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Or is the one in Gaiden/Echoes a new one?

I'm pretty sure it's a new one.