I made a timeline.

Does it make any sense?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Does It make any Sense?

• Yes
    • No

JprgKQO.png

If you have any questions, please ask. I've only played the 3ds and 2 of the gameboy games and is stretching real far so take this as you will.

Some of this was by ZerkMonsterHunter 4 Orignal video: 

Why is Fates taking place before Shadow Dragon when Anankos shows up in Ylisse to take Severa, Inigo and Owain to Fatesworld after the events of Awakening

I don't care for timelines that try to connect the disparate personally, but Fates being a mythical land should not be taken seriously whatsoever. Chrom calls every place a legend or myth. It's just an excuse so he's not bewildered every time an Einherjar joins up in Awakening's DLC.

While Priam exists, I'd say Tellius is a separate dimension- the mythos suggests the Goddess of Dawn was around since the beginning of time and looks over all of creation. Where was she when Naga and the Earth Dragons warred if she exists in the same world? She split in two due to her desire to help resolve the differences between early Laguz and Beorc- you'd think she'd have drowned dragonkind if she was around then.

Similarly Elibe and Magvel are likely in separate worlds as well- dragonkind functions differently in these realms than in Archvalendral. The Magvel similarity to part of Bern is superficial at best.

I personally gave up on making timelines a while ago cause the Outrealms.

The only concrete timeline we actually have is (I call it the Marth Timeline for simplicity sake):

FE4 Gen 1--->FE5--->FE4 Gen 2---.>FE1/11--->FE2/15---->FE3/12--->FE 13

Fates events take place sometimes before FE13, and I would presume in some form of alternate universe.

Tellius could happen in the same world as the Marth timeline but we don;t have enough evidence except Priam, who could be from the Outrealms or heard of Ike and decided to pose as his descendant.

Elibe again takes place in its own dimension.

And then we have poor Magvel by its lonesome.

Not trying to tell you your timeline is shit, I just don't see the point in trying to piece timelines much anymore cause of the Outrealms.

Save for the Archanea(and Valentia by extension) games, I think the worlds are only connected when the writers want to make an excuse for a crossover. Elibe is the only one I can imagined being tied to Archanea because they share dragon lore. 

I haven't played FE4&5, can someone tell me the relation to Jugdral and Archanea?

Edited by NekoKnight

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Save for the Archanea(and Valentia by extension) games, I think the worlds are only connected when the writers want to make an excuse for a crossover. Elibe is the only one I can imagined being tied to Archanea because they share dragon lore. 

I haven't played FE4&5, can someone tell me the relation to Jugdral and Archanea?

FE4 and 5 are straight up the events that happen relatively(Still a few hundred years) shortly after the Earth dragons went nuts and waged war against the other dragons, which is a major plot point in FE1/11 and FE3/12. The events of FE4 and 5 are basically dealing with the last, rogue Earth dragon, who avoided degeneration and avoided being sealed by making a blood bond with a human. Naga's referenced often, and indirectly plays a major part on the story. 

Characters in Awakening also reference the Jugdral stories as ancient history, and it's the origin of the Dreadlords. 

Edited by Slumber

23 minutes ago, Slumber said:

FE4 and 5 are straight up the events that happen relatively(Still a few hundred years) shortly after the Earth dragons went nuts and waged war against the other dragons, which is a major plot point in FE1/11 and FE3/12. The events of FE4 and 5 are basically dealing with the last, rogue Earth dragon, who avoided degeneration and avoided being sealed by making a blood bond with a human. Naga's referenced often, and indirectly plays a major part on the story. 

Characters in Awakening also reference the Jugdral stories as ancient history, and it's the origin of the Dreadlords. 

Isn't it a separate continent? Valentia and Archanea are supposed to be right next to each other (as least they are in Awakening), so where exactly is Jugdral?

Just now, NekoKnight said:

Isn't it a separate continent? Valentia and Archanea are supposed to be right next to each other (as least they are in Awakening), so where exactly is Jugdral?

Jugdral likely is a separate continent, but we have no idea where it is in relation to Archanea and Valentia.

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

Ah, come on. Loptous is not the last Earth Dragon.

Bishop Galle, who travels from Jugdral to Archanea and found the dragon and made a pact.

The war between dragons are still going on in the FE4/5 timeline.

13 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Ah, come on. Loptous is not the last Earth Dragon.

Bishop Galle, who travels from Jugdral to Archanea and found the dragon and made a pact.

The war between dragons are still going on in the FE4/5 timeline.

Loptyr is absolutely the last Earth dragon we know of who didn't make a deal with the other dragons on earth/the human world. Medeus made a deal, decided to take a human form like the rest of them(Later he turned tail and became antagonistic), and every other one was fighting and sealed away in the Dragon's Table. I think there are some feral Earth dragons(If I am remembering right) hanging out in FE3, but those guys are basically never mentioned for whatever reason.

Edited by Slumber

On 6/25/2017 at 6:28 AM, Slumber said:

Jugdral likely is a separate continent, but we have no idea where it is in relation to Archanea and Valentia.

This is probably a complete shot in the dark, but my guess would be somewhere roughly North-east of Archanea. As while Archanea, Valentia, and most other Fire Emblem continents seem to be based off of Mid-evil Europe, many of the character and place names used in the Jugdral games (including "Jugdral" itself) suggest a Norse origin.Since real life Scandinavia is North-east of Britain, the series' fictional equivalent could be positioned similarly. 

1 hour ago, The Baroness of Blainswal said:

This is probably a complete shot in the dark, but my guess would be somewhere roughly North-east of Archanea. As while Archanea, Valentia, and most other Fire Emblem continents seem to be based off of Mid-evil Europe, many of the character and place names used in the Jugdral games (including "Jugdral" itself) suggest a Norse origin.Since real life Scandinavia is North-east of Britain, the series' fictional equivalent could be positioned similarly. 

I agree with the idea that it's a bit north, but placing where they are based off of their real-life inspirations is a bit weird. Mostly because Valentia/Valm is heavily Grecoroman inspired, but it's to the west of Archanea, which doesn't really have a clear inspiration and is just kind of vaguely European.

It would make sense if a Nordic/Celtic inspired continent was to the north, but FE doesn't always like doing what makes sense.

Edited by Slumber

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

Mostly because Valentia/Valm is heavily Grecoroman inspired, but it's to the west of Archanea, which doesn't really have a clear inspiration and is just kind of vaguely European.

I think Archanea might have some slight Greek influence too it as well. A lot of the names are Greek inspired and you see several white pillars and marble buildings in the artwork in shadow dragon too. One of the earliest artwork of Marth also has an outfit that's more styled like a greek hero then a European noble one.  

Personally its my headcanon that the world Nils mentioned the dragons fleeing too is Archenea before the dragons started to go into decline. As such I would put Blazing sword as one of the earliest in a timeline.

Edited by Etrurian emperor