Ganon's Olympus Mons: A Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke

Hello, SF. I regret to inform you that Ganon's Trinity Revelation is on hold until further notice due to my 3ds being broken. In the meantime, I thought I might do something else. This is Ganon's Olympus Mons, an attempt at a Pokemon Platinum nuzlocke. What is that you might ask? It's where you only catch the first Pokemon you see on a route, and where any Pokemon that faints is, for all intents and purposes, is dead, and should either be released or put in a special box. Them's the breaks, but I have a few other rules I'm going to follow that'll be outlined in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

1. All gift Pokemon (i.e starters, eggs, Bebe's Eevee, and the Driftveil Porygon) are free without wasting a catch.

2. One honey tree encounter is allowed and is not counted towards the catch on the route that the tree is on.

3. If a Pokemon that has been previously caught is eligible to trade, it can be traded provided it wasn't ever in the party prior to being traded.

4. Each zone of the Great Marsh counts as an area for catching Pokemon.

5. A Pokemon that has been caught before or is related to one that has been caught before won't be counted as the first encounter on the route.

6. Grind only to the level limit of the Gym badge currently being sought. Grinding for Elite 4 cuts off at Level 60.

7. Not really a rule, but caught Pokemon need to be named.

8. The starter Pokemon must stay in the party at all times, except if Fainted.

9. Any Pokemon that is the first in a 2 evolution family of Pokemon will replace the starter if the starter faints.

Okay, so with that out of the way, I'm going to show you the names I went with.

2KrILGt.pngPTPQX6Y.png

If you read Trinity Revelation, you already know who Ganon is. Calo is his friend and rival. Calo is somewhat like Barry, but I didn't want it to be Barry.

Here's the first episode

Part 1: Hold My Beer

Spoiler

iMQSM4N.png

What is it with the TV always having the same boring shit on all the time? Yeah, I get that Pokemon are important, but it doesn't always have to be so anvilicious.

IZpEm5K.png

Hey, Ganon. You up there?

Yeah. Come on up, Calo. I got a new PC.

Did you? I want to see.

aTTYEEG.png

Didn't you say something about Pokemon earlier?

qBVNLXs.png

that crazy old man has been gone for some time. It was sort of a bummer we just missed him last time. I'll start getting ready.

Come over to my house once you're done here.

Johanna, I'm going out for a while.

Alright, Ganon. You've paid me a lot to stay here in this podunk town. I need you to know something, though, Ganon.

And what is that?

8x3nX0I.png

Will do, Miss J.

QS4HD85.png

Whoa!

I guess I need to be more careful.

Have everything?

Yep.

Alright then, Wanna race to see who can get onto 201 first?

*zoom*

w3oQwhb.png

*pant* Wow, you run like a Timid Speed Forme Deoxys.

I don't want to brag, but-

I don't think any amount of speed will get us through those bushes, though.

HOLD MY BEER.

BlCFhZt.png

I guess that answers that question.

Damn it!

zvJLOqS.png

I hope this isn't a bad time for you gentlemen, but are you perhaps interested in getting Pokemon?

Yes.

Yes, sir.

IzS0JYH.png

I didn't think one seeing something so ill advised would make a rational man like yourself want to give away living things like Poffins,

Thank you so much, Professor!

WCks9rT.png

If you are going to do something dangerous like this, don't announce it to the world. And giving anyone your alcohol is inviting trouble in many more ways than just one.

aTuFsia.png

... got it.

yVy0IOc.png

I was wondering why my arm felt so free. Thank you for getting it for me, Dawn. Open it up so that these two fine young men get new Pokemon.

Okay, Professor. Who's first?

I am.

I don't know, you could be put at a distinct advantage by waiting for me to go.

6WxxJIR.pngp606jLw.pngp76jzxF.png

I'll go with the one on the left.

Funny, I was going to choose Chimchar anyway, but now I don't have to wonder about making the right choice.

At least until level 36.

Even then, that seems like quite the risk on the part of Torterra.

With that, I am off. Come see me in Sandgem Town if you're planning on doing some travelling.

Alright, Bye, Professor,

Now we can get to the main event!

gNLwVHC.png\

Hell yeah, motherfucker!

5ZSNQoi.png

FIGHT!

pQbyVFb.png

I, too, need to go home.

*at home*

So, did you get to Sandgem town?

Actually, the Professor found us as Calo was trying to bushwhack.

2fvs8yB.png

Trust me, it wouldn't have been my first choice either.

At least you still got your Pokemon. And I wager that maybe you'll want to go on an adventure or some shit like that.

That reminds me, I need a change of shoes. Anyway, I'm going to pay the rent for next quarter before I go.

Are you sure $30 is enough to live on?

Pokemon Centers provide food and shelter for trainers, remember.

Oh, how silly of me. Anyway, good luck.

C3OP9nQ.png

Who?

It's me, your Turtwig!

B7lWmQr.pngJAaL723.pngdwbcVm0.png

We can talk later this is all you need to know right now.

Oh, this probably isn't going to be the standard journey, is it?

Hell no. Not even close.

Thoughts

Spoiler

I didn't take a lot of screen caps this time, but I plan on doing many more to add plot. Luckily, most Pokemon plots, this one notwithstanding, are bare bones enough to inject just about any plot you want into it.

Anyway, I hope that you guys enjoy, even though I didn't include any real action in this part, much less drama.

Part 2: Long Lost Moves

Spoiler

G7W2JiZ.png

Okay. Seems good. I don't think this is related to anything, but is your Chimchar doing anything funny? Like, I don't know, talking?

I like to think that sometimes he talks to me, but as to actual words coming out...

I thought I was crazy before. This all but confirms it.

Or you have telepathy.

If I had telepathy, I would be able to tell you what your Chimchar was saying, but since I don't-

It's fine. Weirder shit happens daily around the world. Nothing to worry about.

...If you say so. Anyway, we better get going.

dcc0OT6.png

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

You know as well as I do, you're not making this shit up.

Honestly, I wish I was. If I'm right, I don't want to be wrong.

60V5Pqi.png

Is this a little better?

Not concerning the predicament I find myself in.

I'm sure your situation will improve as you train up.

I sure as hell hope so, Turtwig.

Oh. I forgot that I haven't said my name. Don't worry, it will come to you in time.

x200uK6.png

Okay. It's right there, right?

Indeed it is, Ganon. I need to warn you that-

B24skys.png

-you should take your time going up to the door.

How are the stars looking, Calo?

I see just fine, thank you. Anyway, good talk. See you around.

Okay.

TAYM41x.png

It speaks does it?

I'm dead serious,

Can you hear me now, Professor?

The answer would be yes, little one. Why don't you tell Ganon you're real name?

kJy9IQn.png

Tillerson?

Both of my parents were farm Pokemon. Pokemon husbandry is a legitimate business, after all.

Well, that explains your "down to earth" personality.

... I don't know what to say. That fit so well, but yet I can't help but roll my eyes, put my hand in my face, and groan. That was the best and worst pun I've heard in a while. I hope that you keep making me cringe, so long as it's funny.

4SSDaqy.pngLj0mJaP.png

Aren't there guardian deities for that? I wouldn't want you to face their wrath if I was the one that did something wrong.

I guess. I mean, we do have police, but all they really do is catch mischief makers and trespassers.

Oh, before I go, I must give you something.

KS5o8iU.png

And what is this for? I don't plan on catching everything under the sun.

If you don't have a Pokedex, you won't be able to see what you've caught and what you haven't.

Oh. Also, one more thing. Tillerson said that this wouldn't be like a regular adventure.

I sure hope it won't. Dimension hoppers such as yourself have a much more traditional concept of death than we do. Therefore, fainting often leads to death, but as most of Palkia;s gifts don't ever really expect to do battle, it doesn't matter. You, on the other hand, have been dealt quite the bad hand by fate. Tillerson seems to have understood there's a good possibility that he might... that he...

You don't have to think about it if you don't want to. Besides, if it is as bad as you think it is, I'm not going to fill my boxes full of Pokemon, but at the same time, I'm not going to put Tillerson at risk if I don't have to.

Meet me on Route 202, Ganon.

o7R79uE.png

I thought about buying some on the way here, but then I realized I could supplement these with ones I bought.

Be warned, there are some pretty strong trainers ahead. Tillerson could take care of them by himself, but he looks lonely.

She's nice. Anyway, let's find some new friends, and hope we don't have to explain what being "A Gift of Palkia" is.

2MLieJD.pngvQREAPu.png5VOhN8R.pngTtUD87S.png

Don't underestimate these teeth.

Let's see if I get lucky and don't run into more derps.

Or, alternatively, you could leave the rest of the Bidoof population alone. Besides, I am aware the best I could aspire to is a ferry service.

You deserve more than that, though I will say that there is a chance you will get less.

GH20Fds.pngY1k5x2H.pngi7r4iS1.png

Good talk.

I don't talk to people that much. I will put in more effort to speak if it's prudent enough.

d4ldB6W.pngNgo8BxZ.pngs13VQED.pngXqAbOVB.png

I'm offensive and I find you to be lion.

Roar.

Foe Shinx was not affected.

Well, then. We need to train, guys.

Thoughts

Spoiler

I took a lot of screenshots, but I thought that going to Lake Verity didn't really flow with the plot, nor did going home, even if it meant that delivering the parcel won't make as much sense as it does in the base game. Also, I must have missed the screenshot showing Manfred's moves. Now I need to grind a few levels and then post another update.