Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Screw dailies, I'm slowly picking my way through the story.

BTW, if anyone hasn't added me, my FC is 917,798,708.  I guarantee that NO ONE is going to pull the nonsense that I'm doing (and y'all can guess where London's grail is going).

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I guarantee that NO ONE is going to pull the nonsense that I'm doing (and y'all can guess where London's grail is going).

You show dedication, not madness. (not enough though, where are the maxed Fou stats)
True madness is if you start grailing so you can have a silver border on their card (yes, I did that). Though Leonidas and Kojirou are worth it since they are genuienly good Servants.

4 Grails left and 2 each are scheduled to go to Cu and Heracles.

EDIT:
Can we just talk how poor the current class balance in JP is?
Saber: 24 (21)
Archer: 24 (20)
Lancer: 27 (23)
Rider: 21 (16)
Caster: 29 (26)
Assassin: 26 (23)
Berserker: 24 (22)
Others: 17 (14)

(The numbers in ( ) indicates the total amount without 'special alternative versions' like Swimsuit or Halloween)
What's up with the huge difference between Rider and Caster? Why do we have so many from the latter?

Edited by Talandar

22 minutes ago, Talandar said:

You show dedication, not madness. (not enough though, where are the maxed Fou stats)
True madness is if you start grailing so you can have a silver border on their card (yes, I did that). Though Leonidas and Kojirou are worth it since they are genuienly good Servants.

Fous are next.  One day.  When he wins a rock-paper-scissors contest with Kintaro.

16 minutes ago, Autumn said:

I've got a friend that's trying to max grail Kojiro too

To be fair, two grails are going to d'Eon.  The rest. . .we shall shee~!

32 minutes ago, Talandar said:

EDIT:
Can we just talk how poor the current class balance in JP is?
Saber: 24 (21)
Archer: 24 (20)
Lancer: 27 (23)
Rider: 21 (16)
Caster: 29 (26)
Assassin: 26 (23)
Berserker: 24 (22)
Others: 17 (14)

(The numbers in ( ) indicates the total amount without 'special alternative versions' like Swimsuit or Halloween)
What's up with the huge difference between Rider and Caster? Why do we have so many from the latter?

Caster seems to be treated as the "Can't think of where someone should go?  Throw them here" class. 

And then let's not get started on the imbalance when it comes to the ratios of limited vs. non-limited 5 star Servants in some classes (in which case Lancer and Assassin got the short end of the stick with Lancer only having three non-limited 5 stars and Assassin only having two with one only having recently been added this Halloween).  I still haven't summoned a single gold Assassin in JP.  I just use Summer Scathach in my Support List.

9 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Caster seems to be treated as the "Can't think of where someone should go?  Throw them here" class.

I thought Rider was that class.
To be fair, all of the FGO Casters at least make sense (with the expection of Babbage and Edison) since all of them are either mages or related to literature. Though Xuanzang could have been anything else since she has all the armaments of her companions.

14 minutes ago, The Geek said:

And then let's not get started on the imbalance when it comes to the ratios of limited vs. non-limited 5 star Servants in some classes (in which case Lancer and Assassin got the short end of the stick with Lancer only having three non-limited 5 stars and Assassin only having two with one only having recently been added this Halloween).

If I'm not counting it wrong , non-time limited SSRs are:
- Saber: 3 (Artoria, Altera, Mordred)
- Archer: 3 (Orion, Tesla, Arjuna)
- Lancer: 3 (Karna, Artoria, Enkidu)
- Rider: 4 (Drake, Medb, Ozymandias, Quetzalcoatl)
- Caster: 4 (Zhuge Liang, Tamamo, Xuanzang, Scheherezade)
- Assassin: 2 (Jack, Osakabehime)
- Berserker: 3 (Vlad, Nightingale, Cu)

That's a pretty okay distribution, me thinks. Only Assassin had a long neglience due to not having anyone after Jack. 5* Lancer were added from the 5th Singularity onwards and that in pretty quick succession, too (one for each singularity).
Everything else was time-limited, especially with Epic of the Remnants.

---

Finished London.

Spoiler

The story was pretty good overall. I was kinda losing hope after Septem (Orleans was pretty mediocre) but Okeanos and now this are showing some much better direction. The Servants this time around were pretty good though much more disconnected from each other compared to the Okeanos cast. Hans and Shakespeare were pretty hilarious.

... though Lancer Alter was pretty superfluous, all things considered. Couldn't they have just cut to Solomon in the first place? Like it feels like she was only included to provide a foil to Mordred which is kinda unnecessary. She doesn't even have dialogue.

Time to farm 30 AP and Okeanos because those Mona Lisa and 23 Octuplet Crystals won't farm themselves.

@eclipse I sent a friend request. IGN is Arcadia. Also, that's the 3rd person I've added that's grailed Kojirou.

Curious that

Saving my grails for Berserker!Cu and Hozoin basically. I already got people on my friend list whose grailed both Cus so I might as well save up for Baldie.
If I don't change my mind that is.

14 hours ago, Talandar said:

I thought Rider was that class.
To be fair, all of the FGO Casters at least make sense (with the expection of Babbage and Edison) since all of them are either mages or related to literature. Though Xuanzang could have been anything else since she has all the armaments of her companions.

If I'm not counting it wrong , non-time limited SSRs are:
- Saber: 3 (Artoria, Altera, Mordred)
- Archer: 3 (Orion, Tesla, Arjuna)
- Lancer: 3 (Karna, Artoria, Enkidu)
- Rider: 4 (Drake, Medb, Ozymandias, Quetzalcoatl)
- Caster: 4 (Zhuge Liang, Tamamo, Xuanzang, Scheherezade)
- Assassin: 2 (Jack, Osakabehime)
- Berserker: 3 (Vlad, Nightingale, Cu)

That's a pretty okay distribution, me thinks. Only Assassin had a long neglience due to not having anyone after Jack. 5* Lancer were added from the 5th Singularity onwards and that in pretty quick succession, too (one for each singularity).
Everything else was time-limited, especially with Epic of the Remnants.

---

Finished London.

Reveal hidden contents

The story was pretty good overall. I was kinda losing hope after Septem (Orleans was pretty mediocre) but Okeanos and now this are showing some much better direction. The Servants this time around were pretty good though much more disconnected from each other compared to the Okeanos cast. Hans and Shakespeare were pretty hilarious.

... though Lancer Alter was pretty superfluous, all things considered. Couldn't they have just cut to Solomon in the first place? Like it feels like she was only included to provide a foil to Mordred which is kinda unnecessary. She doesn't even have dialogue.

Time to farm 30 AP and Okeanos because those Mona Lisa and 23 Octuplet Crystals won't farm themselves.

The impression i got is actually Rider is the "ruler" class which funny enough made them somewhat defined.

like the only other class that had a solid form of consistency is Archer and Lancer

Archer is the class for overpowered heroic spirit and Lancer is mostly Irish iirc

archer is easy! Anyone that used some kind of projectiles!!!

like swords or chains or lightning or slings or rifles/guns or water guns and you can even ride matallic sheeps and shot laser beams with a candy cane!

so much sense >D

16 hours ago, Talandar said:

Finished London.

Reveal hidden contents

Septem is generally considered the lowest point in the story in terms of quality.  IIRC America (the singularity after London) is also considered pretty bad.  But then after that we get Camelot which is considered the best part of the story.

9 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

Hey could someone explain why Santa isn't a servant? I don't mean Santa Alter or Jeanne Alter Lily, I mean actual Santa Claus.

old men doesn't sell as well as "meeh~"

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I was half-hoping we would get the updated animations on the 25th to go along with London Part 2: Electric Boogaloo. But alas.

Considering the current situation with the CE disappearance I don't think they will be able to hold on to their promise.
They are currently fixing every account in a case-by-case basis and since we're deep into the holidays the lack of workers will hamper that process even further.

At this point I would expect the animation updates with Saber Wars (which is fitting since Saber Alter is on rate-up).

For anyone who spoilers themselves with JP (which I regrettably did by accident):
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN!

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I was half-hoping we would get the updated animations on the 25th to go along with London Part 2: Electric Boogaloo. But alas.

I just got Fate/EXTELLA. Has anyone else here played it?

I just bought it. I want to play DW8XL and additional price cut on extella is welcome lol

1 hour ago, Emeraldfox said:

Convince me to raise Evil Altria and Loli Altria for Saber Wars. I'm thinking of plowing through with just Nero.

Uhhhh

Saber Altria and her clones is the best non LE non grailed Caesar Saber until the arrival of Rama because their AOE damage rivals unbuffed st damage. Both having sub-500 mod on their AOE damage. Alter is harder to raise up than Altria to level 6 and then easier to level 10 

Altera only got better imo until she get her 2nd upgrade making her into pseudo Crit Saber

Shes had second highest boost on saber wars at 80% damage boost so its worth it. Its still half a year until the Saber Apocalypse that is Camelot so shes good on somewhat long term.