Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

This event is iirc techically the most efficient for XP due to the XP trade ins. E.g. 3 run of EXP is 27 vs 3 run of Corals Rakhsasa. Did you finished that yet?

Not yet. I just spent my currency getting Rider Kintoki. Excess will likely go to buying shop mats.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is becoming my least favorite event.

At 488M DP, I’ve already invested more time into this event than I did for Rashomon. I’m still nowhere near clearing the shop. I figured clearing the DP goal early (like, 200M DP by Day 2) would give me a head start on grinding the shop currencies. But no. The drop rates are terrible for how much of them you need.

So far, I’ve only managed to clear all of the bronze currency. I really do not know how we are expected to buy out skill materials and MP without gacha CEs. And that’s before taking statues and monuments into consideration. Even if I have a 100 of each of those

I already bought out NP5 Kintoki and MLB Sumo ages ago, so MP is the only thing left that’s permanently missable. Probably one more Chaos Claw for Ibaraki and I’ll go grind XP or something.

JP is a different story. All quests and missions completed by Day 8, and only missing MP from shop. Saber and Lancer monuments are left but are skippable. Nero Fest is coming soon so I’ll wait for the lotto.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Yeah, it`s been some time since I last played an event without CEs... and it sucks LOL

And yesterday I used an applewhile playing half asleep...FeelsBadMan

Missing HP Fous (800) + Cocaine (900) + Fangs (900). I might ditch fangs since they are given as daily gifts and I have around 350 of those - also 400+ dust, so I thnk I won`t get them aswell.

Bloodstones for the scroll currency and Claws and MP for the boxes are the only things left and I`ll try to get the mats at least... bored and tired of repeating the raids (still 16 gold dumplings to go) zzzz

Summer needs to come sooner!!! MARTHAAAAAAAA

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

This is becoming my least favorite event.

At 488M DP, I’ve already invested more time into this event than I did for Rashomon. I’m still nowhere near clearing the shop. I figured clearing the DP goal early (like, 200M DP by Day 2) would give me a head start on grinding the shop currencies. But no. The drop rates are terrible for how much of them you need.

So far, I’ve only managed to clear all of the bronze currency. I really do not know how we are expected to buy out skill materials and MP without gacha CEs. And that’s before taking statues and monuments into consideration. Even if I have a 100 of each of those

I already bought out NP5 Kintoki and MLB Sumo ages ago, so MP is the only thing left that’s permanently missable. Probably one more Chaos Claw for Ibaraki and I’ll go grind XP or something.

Well, dumping your entire BP at the start of the event was not a good approach. You realize that the Raids themselves give you event currency, right? It would have been much better if you waited until the Red Oni or Ushi Gozen appeared because they drop the Gold Currency which you need the most of for the good stuff (the latter drops all currencies).

To give you my situation in comparision I'm almost finished and by tomorrow I'm done with the shop (minus Homunculus babies). I used all my refills on Ushi Gozen. To be fair I had 5 Bronze drop CE and 1 Silver drop CE but everything from the Silver drop came naturally by doing the raids and the free nodes.

51 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So far in the event I am doing well, gotten all of the rider Kintoki, golden sumo ces, exp cards, ghost lanterns, and void dusts. At this rate, I should clear most of the shop.

well the bones and dust ain't gonna be easy to get.

I'm aiming to just clear out the bronze mats+fous. I don't have a strong need for pieces/monuments outside of some more assassin ones for the next hassan+fuuma. 

-Void dust and evil bones are needed for mats for a lotta dudes. Proto Cu wants some stuff to get to FA. Nobu and Tamamo want their skills levelled, etc.

i want mama raikou but Rider Kintoki is so good that I'm fine without her! I'll still try to see if I have the budget for the guaranteed gacha tho.

image.png.fafeaf30fc89823790f82d2b12a38197.png

totally ready for Camelot :smug:

Edited by Mister Rogers

8 hours ago, The Priest said:

Well, dumping your entire BP at the start of the event was not a good approach. You realize that the Raids themselves give you event currency, right? It would have been much better if you waited until the Red Oni or Ushi Gozen appeared because they drop the Gold Currency which you need the most of for the good stuff (the latter drops all currencies).

I split refills between Red Man and Ushi Gozen, with the majority going to the latter. Good to see people that reach goals in advance get punished later on though. That’s not something I’ve seen in any other event to date.

I’m currently 1,960 left for silver and 2,656 left for gold. Well over 520M DP at this point.

I’m also very skeptical as to how you cleared out silver so fast. Tower Raksasha is the most efficient node for those and it wasn’t available until a few days ago. Lots of appling I’m guessing?

But that’s beside the point. Rushing is the dominant strategy in most F/GO events, especially when people may not have the time to play throughout. Gating the best nodes purely on time seems to be a counterproductive approach for an event that is literally geared towards casuals; clearing Fuyuki is the only prerequisite for participation here. And I’m not the only one who feels that way about this event. I know plenty of other people who are finding the grind more tedious than they first expected, barely done with the shop after almost two weeks.

Edited by MrSmokestack

got the Ushiwakamaru CE from a ticket

Have some Ushi fanart everyone. Got it from FB so idk who the artist is.

36188011_10156674151485815_8949177463502536704_n.thumb.jpg.b2ab5f77e0953a8b41e1c56b6fd48053.jpg

so i found out that i missed my login streak

fuck

245 straight logins down the drain

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

and it was due to laziness

Edited by Mister Rogers

I’m currently 1,960 left for silver and 2,656 left for gold. Well over 520M DP at this point.

Pretty sure that's what went wrong here. 825M are on my account. After the Green Oni I exclusively did 6M because overkilled the 3M way too much. Even the 6M was a breeze and completed in few turns.

Tower Raksasha is the most efficient node for those and it wasn’t available until a few days ago. Lots of appling I’m guessing?

While I did use Bronze and Silver apples, I only used them for farming EXP during the event as I pulled Kotaro and had some Servants that I wanted to max ascend (like Caesar, Mozart or Lu Bu). The Gold EXP alone wouldn't have been enough so I used apples for dailies.
Besides doing all free Quests once I never farmed the Silver currency. I used all my AP on Mountain Trail because that one gave you the highest amount of Bronze drops. If I'm not mistaken the Silver currency had the least amount needed to clear considering you only need 3600 of them for the important stuff (you want 6100 for Bronze, 4800 for Gold). In fact I actually messed up the last 3 days because I was farming the Oni quest instead of the Rakshasa one on the Hot spring node.

Did you buy the beans by any chance? I did not because they were hardly necessary once you got a couple of Onsens.

Gating the best nodes purely on time seems to be a counterproductive approach for an event that is literally geared towards casuals; clearing Fuyuki is the only prerequisite for participation here. And I’m not the only one who feels that way about this event. I know plenty of other people who are finding the grind more tedious than they first expected, barely done with the shop after almost two weeks.

Gating the better farming nodes has been done in the past like the recent Journey to the West, the Da Vinci one or even Saber Wars. All three of these events would not allow you to rush through the event because Free Quest unlock was tied to Main Quest progression (which is similar to Onigashima). While the latter two weren't so bad because the Main Quest was over quickly West was far far worse with the whole second set of currency.

So ... I don't get your complaint or from others. Onigashima is (besides the Raid aspect) a very traditional event and the amount of stuff you have to farm for the shop is still in proportion to other events because you have the extra Raid quests to farm the currency.
There is the thing that Onigashima offers you more amounts of bronze ascension materials (the shop has 30 Dust and Bones instead of 20) but that's on you and you can't fault the event for that.

Edited by The Priest

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

Pretty sure that's what went wrong here. 825M are on my account. After the Green Oni I exclusively did 6M because overkilled the 3M way too much. Even the 6M was a breeze and completed in few turns.

I also started doing 6M exclusively after Day 1.

I’m sorry but I stopped reading after I saw “825M DP”. That’s four times the damage goal. You can’t get that much with refills alone. You have to be on top of raids every single day since Day 1. Again, not exactly a pretty sight for casuals who might be playing this as their first event.

I know at least two people who have cleared shop, one of whom is a new player. But his master level was so low at the start that he had virtually an infinite number of AP refills to work with. Not exactly a fair comparison.

Did you buy the beans by any chance? I did not because they were hardly necessary once you got a couple of Onsens.

I bought a few Arts beans on Day 2 but nothing else. Arts Mana Burst still buffs your NP gain. Very helpful for doing raids faster by spamming NP.

Gating the better farming nodes has been done in the past like the recent Journey to the West, the Da Vinci one or even Saber Wars. All three of these events would not allow you to rush through the event because Free Quest unlock was tied to Main Quest progression (which is similar to Onigashima). While the latter two weren't so bad because the Main Quest was over quickly West was far far worse with the whole second set of currency.

Journey to the West was not time-gated, nor was Saber Wars.

Journey required Talismans to advance the main quest. Rushing it was highly recommended as it allowed you to unlock India and grind the first three currencies efficiently. Part 2 was also very straightforward, as the vast majority of shop could be bought out by doing Merit Ball dailies alone. In my case, I was done with Lotus like a day before the event ended, and I didn’t have to go out of my way to grind those at all.

Saber Wars had no time-gate whatsoever. Super Dimension was available Day 1 if I recall correctly, so rushing MLB Bloom and soloing the 1M with Okita was very viable if you wanted damage CEs quickly. That way you could gradually deck an entire party with them and maximize point gain. It wasn’t a good idea though, I’ll give you that. You get most of your Ahoge Points from dailies so grinding Super Dimension ASAP wasn’t important for getting all the rewards.

Why did you mention Da Vinci...? We got new nodes every day and there were multiple options for grinding each currency if your team wasn’t good enough to handle nodes like Louvre. Appling was also expected on that event, so shop clear was not exactly a concern for most people.

So ... I don't get your complaint or from others. Onigashima is (besides the Raid aspect) a very traditional event and the amount of stuff you have to farm for the shop is still in proportion to other events because you have the extra Raid quests to farm the currency.

Extending the shop requirements because you assume people will be on top of both AP and BP regen is not a good idea. The raids give a small amount of currency per run, but you have to do so many of them that it adds up. Playing a game every 8 hours (or even less) is not reasonable, especially when the sheer number of refills the event gives you are a necessity to clear shop, not a tool to help you play catch up.

Rashomon is different. BP Raids are the event. But the so-called “challenge event” ironically had an easier shop clear than the casual event. If you were really lazy, you only had to complete the 3 BP five or six times. After that, 1M for easy gourds and a stress-free DP ladder clear.

There is the thing that Onigashima offers you more amounts of bronze ascension materials (the shop has 30 Dust and Bones instead of 20) but that's on you and you can't fault the event for that.

We’re at the point in the game where bronze materials start to become terrible to grind for. You put those up, people will be compelled to buy them. But that’s just me.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I also started doing 6M exclusively after Day 1.

I’m sorry but I stopped reading after I saw “825M DP”. That’s four times the damage goal. You can’t get that much with refills alone. You have to be on top of raids every single day since Day 1. Again, not exactly a pretty sight for casuals who might be playing this as their first event.

I know at least two people who have cleared shop, one of whom is a new player. But his master level was so low at the start that he had virtually an infinite number of AP refills to work with. Not exactly a fair comparison.

I bought a few Arts beans on Day 2 but nothing else. Arts Mana Burst still buffs your NP gain. Very helpful for doing raids faster by spamming NP.

Journey required Talismans to advance the main quest. Rushing it was highly recommended as it allowed you to unlock India and grind the first three currencies efficiently. Part 2 was also very straightforward, as the vast majority of shop could be bought out by doing Merit Ball dailies alone. In my case, I was done with Lotus like a day before the event ended, and I didn’t have to go out of my way to grind those at all.

Saber Wars had no time-gate whatsoever. Super Dimension was available Day 1 if I recall correctly, so rushing MLB Bloom and soloing the 1M with Okita was very viable if you wanted damage CEs quickly. That way you could gradually deck an entire party with them and maximize point gain. It wasn’t a good idea though, I’ll give you that. You get most of your Ahoge Points from dailies so grinding Super Dimension ASAP wasn’t important for getting all the rewards.

Why did you mention Da Vinci...? We got new nodes every day and there were multiple options for grinding each currency if your team wasn’t good enough to handle nodes like Louvre. Appling was also expected on that event, so shop clear was not exactly a concern for most people.

Extending the shop requirements because you assume people will be on top of both AP and BP regen is not a good idea. The raids give a small amount of currency per run, but you have to do so many of them that it adds up. Playing a game every 8 hours (or even less) is not reasonable, especially when the sheer number of refills the event gives you are a necessity to clear shop, not a tool to help you play catch up.

Rashomon is different. BP Raids are the event. But the so-called “challenge event” ironically had an easier shop clear than the casual event. If you were really lazy, you only had to complete the 3 BP five or six times. After that, 1M for easy gourds and a stress-free DP ladder clear.

We’re at the point in the game where bronze materials start to become terrible to grind for. You put those up, people will be compelled to buy them. But that’s just me.

Yorokobe Shounen

but yeah fuck grinding for bronze mats. When you begin to have a fully developed roster, those little shits eat up so much. Especially if you're like me and enjoy using Tamamo/Nobu (who eat a ton of bones) or even if you wanna ascend a bunch of low-rarity dudes like Proto Cu, Saber GIlles, and Mephisto (the last two just got quests for an extra saint quartz)

that being said, onigashima sucks with time locked shit. It's almost like they expect me to be grinding heavily in the last stretch. All I can do is grab the highest priority things from the shop asap now. (fous, bronze/silver mats, assassin pieces, and hopefully some more mana prisms.)

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

You can’t get that much with refills alone.

Indeed, you only get a max of 138M damage from the refills alone. On the other hand I was most definetly not on top of my BP considering I was not looking much on FGO for an entire weekend and due to my illness I'm sleeping 10+ hours. Even AP.wise I only got a single Master level which was acculumated through Rashomon and West. I would bet that our resident madmans have shot over 1 billion by now.

But looking at your score ... that means you've slacked off during the raids. Did you not complain about that NA is so slow about killing off the Onis? Did you not realize that we're a bit ... you know close to failing?
*pulls out Black Keys*
You have anything to say to defend yourself, mongrel?

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Journey's 2nd part was time-gated which is the whole point. You had to farm another currency with another separate currency which means you had to do the whole process again ... while sitting out an entire week when you were finished with the rest. The only reason why the grind didn't feel as tedious was the changes made compared to the JP version, otherwise people with the event CEs would have moaned quite a bit louder.
You could technically see this as 2 separate events because the two parts don't have anything to do with each other but since the goal is to clear the shop as fast as possible Journey was really awful for that strategy.

The thing with Da Vinci and Saber Wars is that the Free Quests were unlocked with the Main Quests. To jogg your memory Main Quests were unlocked by a day-to-day basis; therefore the Free Quests were affected by this as well. e.g. the best Mona Lisa spot was only available after the final story segment (that took a week). There were other spots but they were quite a bit less efficient. If you wanted to rush through the shop you would have to deal with less drops to buy it out until the better Free Quests are unlocked.

... which applies to Onigashima as well. You could still farm the currency from the Oni nodes if you really wanted to rush through. Even before the Raid nodes for every currency were available right from start. Does it take more AP? Of course but that also applies to the aforementioned events as well.

I'm pretty sure that most complaints come from the fact this is the 3rd event coming back-to-back from Rashomon and West; the latter being the most grind-heavy one to date. I'm just doing what I would do for an event and this doesn't feel more tedious compared to most other ones.
... which convinces me we should have taken a break between this and West so people have something else to do besides constant grinding.

---

On that note I'm done with the shop. Now I will do the Red Oni raid for more feathers otherwise everything I get from now is free QP (who cares about monuments and I'm forever done with Homunculus Babies).

Edited by The Priest

I got my Rider Kintokis, reached 200M Damage, and my Gold Embers (which I used to level up EMIYA and Rider Kintoki to 40). My last main goal is to try and get the 500 Mana Prisms so I can restock after buying out the Personal Lesson CEs. Getting extra materials is a bonus. Luckily for me I happen to have a whale friend who has a MLB Basket CE and I have each of the currency CEs, so summit farming is where I'll be at for the remainder of the event.

13 hours ago, The Priest said:

Indeed, you only get a max of 138M damage from the refills alone. On the other hand I was most definetly not on top of my BP considering I was not looking much on FGO for an entire weekend and due to my illness I'm sleeping 10+ hours. Even AP.wise I only got a single Master level which was acculumated through Rashomon and West. I would bet that our resident madmans have shot over 1 billion by now.

Hope you get better.

But looking at your score ... that means you've slacked off during the raids. Did you not complain about that NA is so slow about killing off the Onis? Did you not realize that we're a bit ... you know close to failing?
*pulls out Black Keys*
You have anything to say to defend yourself, mongrel?

Those comments were made in jest. I just wanted my NP5 Ridertoki okay

There is a bit of truth to them though. The sooner the raids were done, the sooner the Raksasha nodes unlocked. It’s also worth noting that the Ushi Gozen raid won’t be getting a rerun, with the amount of time left in the event. Saving every refill for that was a good idea—unlike me where I split the difference between Blue Man, Red Man, and Ushi Gozen. Anyone who didn’t rush during that period is in a bad spot now if they don’t have event CEs though.

Journey's 2nd part was time-gated which is the whole point.

I already explained in my previous post why the “time-gate” on Journey was a non-issue. It was straightforward and could be completed just by dailies alone. If you hadn’t cleared Part 1 shop, with some planning you would not have to spend that much AP on any of the new nodes. Meaning you could grind Talismans as per usual.

The only reason why the grind didn't feel as tedious was the changes made compared to the JP version, otherwise people with the event CEs would have moaned quite a bit louder.

Pre-buff Journey is an awful event, I agree. But that was not the case for NA.

The thing with Da Vinci and Saber Wars is that the Free Quests were unlocked with the Main Quests. To jogg your memory Main Quests were unlocked by a day-to-day basis; therefore the Free Quests were affected by this as well. e.g. the best Mona Lisa spot was only available after the final story segment (that took a week). There were other spots but they were quite a bit less efficient. If you wanted to rush through the shop you would have to deal with less drops to buy it out until the better Free Quests are unlocked.

... which applies to Onigashima as well. You could still farm the currency from the Oni nodes if you really wanted to rush through. Even before the Raid nodes for every currency were available right from start. Does it take more AP? Of course but that also applies to the aforementioned events as well.

Fair point. It is worth noting that Onigashima has no free quests whatsoever below 40 AP though.

I forgot.

I'm pretty sure that most complaints come from the fact this is the 3rd event coming back-to-back from Rashomon and West; the latter being the most grind-heavy one to date. I'm just doing what I would do for an event and this doesn't feel more tedious compared to most other ones.

Believe me, you’re not the only one who wants a break.

On that note I'm done with the shop. Now I will do the Red Oni raid for more feathers otherwise everything I get from now is free QP (who cares about monuments and I'm forever done with Homunculus Babies).

Looking at my shop, I only really need the Chaos Claws now. Lanterns, Tears, and Babies aren’t in demand and Dragon Scales are by far the most common gold material.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Meanwhile, I am finally done with the dumplings! Used 18 gold ones on blue oni!! Exclusively doing 3mil 2bp since I reached 200mil points - for more bond/arguably more drops.

Now I jsut reached 700mil, with over 70+ of 3mil 2bp of the blue dude :P

now missing some black boxes... I should get enough with regular AP.

Not sure if worth mention, but I did the event with: +3 corals and used 1 golden apple (was half asleep dunno how it happenned). Been on point on AP, not so much on bp.

Honestly the boring part for me was the sheer number of the raids... they gave us WAY too fucking many refills for onigashima, and before anyone says, I would hate myself not using them and just let them became QP

Rashoumon was harder for sure! But I ~FEEL~ we didnt had THAT many refills, that is how I remember at least. JTTW was easier for me since I rolled hard - no Sanzo PTSD :P but plenty of CEs.

Meanwhile this one? I had 0 CEs and the extra refills were kinda dumped on my face. But now all is done and used! Got a good number of Saber Gems aswell so yay I guess

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Fair point. It is worth noting that Onigashima has no free quests whatsoever below 40 AP though.

Untrue.  The Beach, the Settlement, and the Teahouse each have 15, 20, and 30 AP quests (Beach and Settlement both drop Coral, Teahouse drops Brocade).  They aren't the best areas for farming, but the lower AP quests in most events generally aren't the most efficient.

Looks like NA is getting a bunch of the QoL updates that JP got relatively recently, i.e. Extra class Support Slot and the ability to randomize My Room servants.  And Ozy banner will run through 7/11, instead of being 4 days like JP got.  So that's neat.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi