Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Thanks for the talks about Medea and Nito! I feel more enlightened about their usage.

The main reason I asked is because I tend to use Medea whenever I'm against Assassin comps, as my main Anti-Assassin team is currently Medea, Tamamo Mae, and Iri. It is not the fastest way to beat mobs (especially since Iri was underleveled during my Camelot run), but it gets the job done.

If if gets the job done that is okay. That comp is rather low on dmg anyway : tamamo and Iri adds close to no dmg by themselves. Like you said, slow but steady.

Depends on which assassins, but when the quest has many units and not many soul eaters, I enjoy using Nursery Rhyme + CasterLiz -> they word rather nice together, then add a Hans. Plenty of passive stargen (can add 1 or 2 2030 if so wish) but that is rather overkill. Really fun comp xD

If the quest has an assassin boss, I just gird up my loins and let Medea go to town aswell - no escape there, even with her low dmg multiplier she gets the job done

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Okay, NP used, SOB in front of me is alive, but in crit range.  He/she/it needs to die this turn.  That's already happened thrice in Camelot.  Of those, I had to burn a command spell in one of those situations to get that win (which really made me mad, because I whiffed a 70% and 80% - had either of those landed, it would've been the end of the battle).

Remember what the original argument was?  That Lancelot really appreciates support?  You named a bunch of support, which was my point.  He's not fully self-sufficient, and IMO he doesn't need to be.  That's what teammates are for (unless your name is Cu Alter).

Hide contents

Isn't Mash 10?  Regardless, nope, not a good enough argument.  If dragon girls can get hitched to regular men despite the giant age gap, I don't see why this should be any different.

Then again, FE isn't exactly the paragon of responsible shipping. :P:

Spoiler

Bedivere in camelot is like 700 years old and all.

Plus shipping mash means Galahad has to be there too, and I don't recall the knight of purity being one for those sort of things. I mean it's part of his lore.

1 hour ago, Mister Rogers said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Dragon girl thing still stands, if Nowi's supposed to be a millenia old and all. :P:

Just how much of Galahad remains in Mash?  She had her moments in Camelot, but for the most part, Mash was Mash.

33 minutes ago, eclipse said:
  Hide contents

Dragon girl thing still stands, if Nowi's supposed to be a millenia old and all. :P:

Just how much of Galahad remains in Mash?  She had her moments in Camelot, but for the most part, Mash was Mash.

Spoiler

Galahad's just letting her take control.

iirc, in the lostbelt, things get different.

fun fact that i recall is that Bedi was the butler of the round table, alongside Sir Lucan.

1 minute ago, Mister Rogers said:
  Hide contents

Galahad's just letting her take control.

iirc, in the lostbelt, things get different.

fun fact that i recall is that Bedi was the butler of the round table, alongside Sir Lucan.

Spoiler

Welp, looks like Mash and Bedivere will have to keep their thing in Chaldea, then. :P:

She IS a girl, and that scene on the mountain was so cute~!  Since "eclipse" is a girl, she'd rather chase Roman than Mash.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:
  Hide contents

Welp, looks like Mash and Bedivere will have to keep their thing in Chaldea, then. :P:

She IS a girl, and that scene on the mountain was so cute~!  Since "eclipse" is a girl, she'd rather chase Roman than Mash.

Spoiler

you won't be chasing roman for long

Goeteia did nothing wrong.

1 hour ago, Mister Rogers said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I have one more Singularity to pretend!  Though it would be cool if Sherlock came back.  Maybe we can stick him in Chaldea and have him act as ground control. :P:

The servants I'm working to level are

Sabers

• Rama
  • Saberlot

No Lancers, since the game doesn't want to give me feathers.

Archers

• Billy
  • Tesla

Riders

• Kintoki Rider
  • Medusa
  • Martha
  • Marie

Casters

• Waver
  • Irisviel
  • Hans

Assassins

• Cursed Arm Hassan
  • Carmilla
  • Kojirou

Berserkers

• Raikou
  • Beowulf
  • Tamamo Cat

And Mash, this may take a while to complete.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:
  Hide contents

I have one more Singularity to pretend!  Though it would be cool if Sherlock came back.  Maybe we can stick him in Chaldea and have him act as ground control. :P:

Spoiler

he does.

i think we get to roll for him next year in NA halloween 2019.

fucking game keeps freezing and loosing server connection :/

RANDOMLY GOT HELENA FROM A YOLO ROLL

well i now can pass over needing to use waver for farming if i want to now. 

also that means I'll be farming a LOT of caster exp cards and voids dust this week lol. I intend to get her first and third skills maxed out.

huh this places my gold servant rate at 3 within the past month. wtf. 

Edited by Mister Rogers

2 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:
  Hide contents

he does.

i think we get to roll for him next year in NA halloween 2019.

Spoiler

Earlier than that.  Holmes is the second anniversary servant, like Da Vinci is the first anniversary servant.  The Halloween 2019 gacha servant should be Osakabehime.

11 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Hans is rarely run as the only support precisely because a team needs a stable way to provide durability---if durability is less of an issue, then he can afford to pick different teammates. Like, maybe instead out going all out on a heavy defense servant like Mash he can pair with Waver instead, who's more biased towards offense.

Hans gets a bit more than 500hp/grail until he hits 90, incidentally, and even I wouldn't recommend grailing him to 100. (Personally I think 5*s are the best units to level 100, for a similar reason to tossing stat items at Jagens. They start better and end better. Just because they gain less relatively and absolutely doesn't mean they wouldn't be the better units at the end. But not everyone has access to 5* supports, and Hans beats a fair amount of 4* supports in terms of skillset.)

Honestly while i agree that SSR Grail isn't as bad as people usually thinks, since the difference between SR and SSR at the peak is 10% i don't think SR made that bad of a case for grailing, and that 10% got lower with CE involvement

At that point skimming through skillset is required to know which is better than which.

Granted there are cases where its kinda unfair, Scathatch and Brynhildr have Interlude while none of the SR does. Illya and Sanzang have Interlude AND Sanzang have ridiculous spread which results in 20% disparity between Sanzang and Sheba

But for like.... Saber, Munenori Yagyu did not need to compete against Arthur(who have the best overall stats in the game) since Arthur's kit is pretty weak, Nero Bride's stats isn't much stronger than Yagyu(10% Bulk and 5% Offense when Yagyu is Asterios Tier when it comes to bulk) and Yagyu vs Musashi is fairly close. Its basically Broken vs Broken anyway

But then again looking back Saber is the only justifiable ones >_>

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Earlier than that.  Holmes is the second anniversary servant, like Da Vinci is the first anniversary servant.  The Halloween 2019 gacha servant should be Osakabehime.

Spoiler

my bad.

Still, isn't Holmes basically a really good crit support?

45 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly while i agree that SSR Grail isn't as bad as people usually thinks, since the difference between SR and SSR at the peak is 10% i don't think SR made that bad of a case for grailing, and that 10% got lower with CE involvement

At that point skimming through skillset is required to know which is better than which.

Granted there are cases where its kinda unfair, Scathatch and Brynhildr have Interlude while none of the SR does. Illya and Sanzang have Interlude AND Sanzang have ridiculous spread which results in 20% disparity between Sanzang and Sheba

But for like.... Saber, Munenori Yagyu did not need to compete against Arthur(who have the best overall stats in the game) since Arthur's kit is pretty weak, Nero Bride's stats isn't much stronger than Yagyu(10% Bulk and 5% Offense when Yagyu is Asterios Tier when it comes to bulk) and Yagyu vs Musashi is fairly close. Its basically Broken vs Broken anyway

But then again looking back Saber is the only justifiable ones >_>

that guy really loves his waver huh.

I'm just wondering if it really is worth grailing a 5* to 100 purely for stats. I mean I get it, but there's only so many picks for this. Jalter and sabers being up there.  Although I'm more likely to just grail Asterios or someone else who wants the increased stats.

9 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:
  Reveal hidden contents

my bad.

Still, isn't Holmes basically a really good crit support?

that guy really loves his waver huh.

I'm just wondering if it really is worth grailing a 5* to 100 purely for stats. I mean I get it, but there's only so many picks for this. Jalter and sabers being up there.  Although I'm more likely to just grail Asterios or someone else who wants the increased stats.

Putting it simply, yes

Grail is literally only "moar stats" and its really REALLY hard to argue that 10% more stats on Jalter who could dropkick 550% value out of it isn't worth more than basically every SR. That is why the "Grail for love, but if you really want to do it for gameplay, just give it to Herc" meme even come from. If one does aims to get L100 units, which is very much worth it when you consider it gives you "unit you won't have normally otherwise" they are the most efficient - 10% better than SR

The problem with the idea of grailing SR is that L90 SR is just a bad SSR, e.g. you are spending resource to get something you could normally get to begin with.

Also honestly Waver is blatantly the best unit in the game, the only time he isn't the best pick on the slot is if the extra DPS is better

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Putting it simply, yes

Grail is literally only "moar stats" and its really REALLY hard to argue that 10% more stats on Jalter who could dropkick 550% value out of it isn't worth more than basically every SR. That is why the "Grail for love, but if you really want to do it for gameplay, just give it to Herc" meme even come from. If one does aims to get L100 units, which is very much worth it when you consider it gives you "unit you won't have normally otherwise" they are the most efficient - 10% better than SR

The problem with the idea of grailing SR is that L90 SR is just a bad SSR, e.g. you are spending resource to get something you could normally get to begin with.

Also honestly Waver is blatantly the best unit in the game, the only time he isn't the best pick on the slot is if the extra DPS is better

Waver is best until we get Dick Wizard.

Or maybe not, since Waver isn't limited lol.

I think I've seen a lot of weird shit grailed. There's at least one person out there with a grailed spartacus lol.

@MrSmokestack Actually, I just realized I fucked up badly on the Medea vs. Nito math thing. Medea only needs an NP every 20 cards or so to match Nito's damage---since her NP is worth about 5 or so buster cards in terms of damage. She probably deals more damage until Nito is also NP5.

16 hours ago, QKumber said:

our list, your criteria. If you do not value that that is ok.

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Agreed.

Hey, at least I gave you a proper response. I would like to believe I have some consistency behind my list unlike AppMedia or whatever abomination gamepress likes to breed.

Btw. @Sire have you watched the stage play of Camelot?

6 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Hey, at least I gave you a proper response. I would like to believe I have some consistency behind my list unlike AppMedia or whatever abomination gamepress likes to breed.

unless your list put MHX at A tier its still an abomination smh

i never really put attention to press tier, whats the funny shit about it lol

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Spoiler

Helena/Martha/Berserkerlot at Tier 3, but Rama/Medea Lily are still in tier 2 for their 4* Tier list

Bedivere being tier 3 due to being "overly reliant on his NP" and being storylocked in their 1-3* tier list

Nero bride being tier 4 in their SSR tier list.

Hell the majority of the arts meta on the gamepress 5* tier list is tier 4 lol

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

*mentions MHX in a 1*-3* list*
Learn how to jab properly, mongrel.

Oh, you know. Jekyll & Spartacus are apparently at the same level as Bedivere and Lu Bu; at B-Tier.
At least appmedia points out that their score is pieced together by farming and boss utility.

7 minutes ago, The Priest said:

*mentions MHX in a 1*-3* list*
Learn how to jab properly, mongrel.

Oh, you know. Jekyll & Spartacus are apparently at the same level as Bedivere and Lu Bu; at B-Tier.
At least appmedia points out that their score is pieced together by farming and boss utility.

yeah.... Spartacus is good but how the fuck is Jekyll in the same tier as Lu Bu when the former literally need an NP to become a worse version of the later. And then car engine just shot an arrow for literally NP5 SSR damage tier and everything is good again

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

yeah.... Spartacus is good but how the fuck is Jekyll in the same tier as Lu Bu when the former literally need an NP to become a worse version of the later. And then car engine just shot an arrow for literally NP5 SSR damage tier and everything is good again

Spoiler

because 22k hp is interesting?

Spoiler

@The Priest I'd love to hear their explanation for having so many good farmers in tier 3 but then sticking Hector in tier 4 leads me to believe they have their heads up their collective asses.

Edited by Mister Rogers

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

No I have not. I heard about it in passing, but it hasn't piqued my interest enough to properly look into it.

Is it any good?