Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

However, the comparison is still needed because of availability issues. While we normally have to assume that we are actually employing the strategy in question when evaluating something, in this case I think making an exception is appropriate. It’s hard to build dedicated Quick strategies when so many of its tools vary wildly in effectiveness and are effectively locked behind lots of quartz rolls. I agree that this holds Quick back more than anything.

Yeah, it's basically this. Quick has significantly fewer resources to take advantage of than either Arts or Buster, and the stuff they do have is either gated behind SSR rates or/and Limited availability, or significantly worse than the Arts or Buster equivalent for no reason.

It's not about to get better either, considering that there's absolutely no way that Skadi isn't limited.

Edited by Phillius the Crestfallen

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With half ap off for all of the free quest, I have finally completed all of the free quests available to me. Giving me a grand total of 311 saint quartz for later down the road. On to finding those great knight medals for Saberlot.

6 minutes ago, The Priest said:

We're getting Summer at the 26th of June. Rejoice!

ITT: Time travel! :P:

Welp.  Five more days, then I have to grind like crazy.  Here's hoping that there's Camelot ascension materials in the pool, or Lancelot's gonna be a sad man.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Here's hoping that there's Camelot ascension materials in the pool, or Lancelot's gonna be a sad man.

There are Medals in the shop.

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

fixed for accuracy

*says fixed for accuracy*
*doesn't fix the false date*

8 minutes ago, The Priest said:

There are Medals in the shop.

*says fixed for accuracy*
*doesn't fix the false date*

they call me stone edge for a reason

something something i have missed a thousand focus blast unlimited hax works

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Do we know if we're getting rotating focus for the 4*?  

If we are, I'm giving Mordred 30 quartz then resuming my saving for Ishtar.  If not... well, I guess Ishtar has 30 more quartz.

Not until they post the banner details, which will probably be in the next few days (it'll likely be posted at login reset).

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

We're getting Summer at the 26th of July. Rejoice!

YOROKOBE

I’m ready to roll for Artoria Archer. I can wait another week for her banner.

Worst case scenario, Summer Martha and Marie are both very good SRs. But NP2 Artoria or bust. I’m going all in on this banner.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

ITT: Time travel! :P:Here's hoping that there's Camelot ascension materials in the pool, or Lancelot's gonna be a sad man.

There will be 20 medals and 30 chains between both parts. Time to grind.

I’m more excited for the Horseshoes and Seeds. I’ll need to grab Lamps, Chains, and Medals to ascend Nito and Artoria if I get her.

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Do we know if we're getting rotating focus for the 4*? 

We should. The last couple of summer banners have rotated. They gave us an updated Journey to the West so here’s hoping they’ll do the same for banners going forward.

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

We're getting Summer at the 26th of July. Rejoice!

Yay! I'll finally get my chance to not get Summer Martha! Please don't spook me Marie

I also saved a ton of Assassin embers for Shishou so I'm set. 

We have some numbers for Skadi's skills now
https://kazemai.github.io/fgo-vz/svtData.html?id=9941390

Skill 1: Targetable Quick performance (50%, 3 Turns) and Critical Damage on Quick cards (100%, 3 Turns)

Skill 2: Decrease Def and Star Gen of all enemies (both 30%, 3 turns)

Skill 3: NP Gauge increased by 1 (Which could be anything from NP gain up, to NP charge up between 10-50%)

NP:
Party-wide Crit Damage up (50%, 3 times for 5 rounds, presumably increased with NP level)
Party-wide dodge (1 time, 3 Rounds)
Party-wide Instant Death Immunity (1 time, 3 Rounds)
Party-wide damage reduction (Overcharge, 500-1500 increasing by 250, 3 Turns)

1 hour ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

We have some numbers for Skadi's skills now
https://kazemai.github.io/fgo-vz/svtData.html?id=9941390

Skill 1: Targetable Quick performance (50%, 3 Turns) and Critical Damage on Quick cards (100%, 3 Turns)

On one hand, the Crit Damage lasts 3 turns compared to Hero Creation EX. On the other, it only affects Quick cards. At least she has the crit damage on NP to boost Buster and Arts.

Skill 2: Decrease Def and Star Gen of all enemies (both 30%, 3 turns)

As a playable unit, Star Gen Down will probably translate to Critical Rate Down on an enemy.

Effectively Charisma. Not bad.

Skill 3: NP Gauge increased by 1 (Which could be anything from NP gain up, to NP charge up between 10-50%)

If this is targetable like the 1st skill, 50% battery would be absurd. The wording is similar to the first skill which suggests it may be a targetable buff. I haven’t seen her use it as an enemy so I wouldn’t know if it did.

Where are you getting 50% from? Correct me if I am wrong, but if the skill charges one bar of NP, at most it can increase the gauge by 30%. Skills like Rapid Casting or Rapid Divine Words charge the meter by 2, and the lesser of those charges NP by 50% on playable units.

On a 6 turn cooldown, 30% targetable battery sounds most reasonable.

NP:
Party-wide Crit Damage up (50%, 3 times for 5 rounds, presumably increased with NP level)
Party-wide dodge (1 time, 3 Rounds)
Party-wide Instant Death Immunity (1 time, 3 Rounds)
Party-wide damage reduction (Overcharge, 500-1500 increasing by 250, 3 Turns)

Solid NP. Time to whale for that sweet Crit Damage boost at NP5.

All of these skills are on 6 CD. For what they do, it’s about on par with the usual support casters. But what I think will take her from good to great is what her 3rd skill translates into from a playable appearance.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

All of these skills are on 6 CD. For what they do, it’s about on par with the usual support casters. But what I think will take her from good to great is what her 3rd skill translates into from a playable appearance.

Just wanna point that the CDs are estimatives! Nothing is certain so keep that in mind

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

On one hand, the Crit Damage lasts 3 turns compared to Hero Creation EX. On the other, it only affects Quick cards. At least she has the crit damage on NP to boost Buster and Arts.

More or less. It's definitely more balanced than Hero Creation, and considering her NP it's for the best. Otherwise, Double Skadi would be giving units 100% Quick up and at least 300% Crit up not counting any self-buffs the attacker would have.

If this is targetable like the 1st skill, 50% battery would be absurd. The wording is similar to the first skill which suggests it may be a targetable buff. I haven’t seen her use it as an enemy so I wouldn’t know if it did.

Perhaps, but considering that it looks like NP up is the only thing it does, I don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world. It would definitely be a good skill for Quick, considering that many of it's attackers have some trouble NP genning. It'd be especially absurd with Scathach, considering a 50% boost would let you get two-turns of guaranteed stun if you run double Skadi

Where are you getting 50% from? Correct me if I am wrong, but if the skill charges one bar of NP, at most it can increase the gauge by 30%. Skills like Rapid Casting or Rapid Divine Words charge the meter by 2, and the lesser of those charges NP by 50% on playable units.

I say 50% because if I remember correctly, Kintoki's Animal Dialogue only gives 1 gauge up.

On a 6 turn cooldown, 30% targetable battery sounds most reasonable.

I think it'd be pretty weak actually. Waver has a targetable 30% battery and a 3-turn 50% Crit damage up on a 5-turn cooldown.

Solid NP. Time to whale for that sweet Crit Damage boost at NP5.

Agreed. It's a pretty nice bit of everything, except healing.

I'm mostly holding back judgement until we know exactly what her 3rd skill does and any comparison to Merlin is futile, but just compared to Tamamo:

Pros:
-Better damage buffs thanks to two crit damage boosts and def debuff
-NP avoidance with party-wide dodge and to a lesser extend, instant death immunity
-Some damage mitigation with crit chance down and damage cut
-Better passive skills

Cons:
-No NP gauge drain
-Less personal sustainability, considering Tamamo's Shapeshift skill
-More niche/less useful utility (Skill cooldown and NP charge refund vs. Instant Death immunity and Damage Cut)
-No healing

More or less, Skadi trades sustain and overall utility for chunkier damage buffs and the ability to avoid NPs. Fittingly enough, I think the 'optimal' Arts and Quick teams are going to look pretty similar:

Arts: Jeanne/Attacker/Tamamo/Tamamo/Secondary Attacker/Mashu
Quick: Jeanne/Attacker/Skadi/Skadi/Secondary Attacker/Mashu

In both cases, Jeanne fills the role that the other support can't provide. NP avoidance for Arts and healing for Quick.

zJQQFtSztAdlgNp6n4TnKuzz80xTCsw4OsIzsxvE

well...fuck

thank god the summer event lasts like a month. I did want another KoTR aside from salter so I guess I have no right to complain. 

fucking hell this makes it 4 SR/SSR servants in a month.

not complaining since she's still a better roll than her vanilla saber edition.

6 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

well...fuck

thank god the summer event lasts like a month. I did want another KoTR aside from salter so I guess I have no right to complain. 

fucking hell this makes it 4 SR/SSR servants in a month.

Just an fyi, the image shows nothing but a hyphen in a circle.  

Based on context though you rolled... Lancertoria?  Congrats.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

10 hours ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Perhaps, but considering that it looks like NP up is the only thing it does, I don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world. It would definitely be a good skill for Quick, considering that many of it's attackers have some trouble NP genning. It'd be especially absurd with Scathach, considering a 50% boost would let you get two-turns of guaranteed stun if you run double Skadi

Making it NP Gain would be pretty anticlimatic.

I say 50% because if I remember correctly, Kintoki's Animal Dialogue only gives 1 gauge up.

Oh ok.

I think it'd be pretty weak actually. Waver has a targetable 30% battery and a 3-turn 50% Crit damage up on a 5-turn cooldown.

Caster Skadi has crit buffs elsewhere in her kit. Sure it’s a downgrade compared to Discerning Eye, but targetable batteries are not very common to begin with.

Fittingly enough, I think the 'optimal' Arts and Quick teams are going to look pretty similar:

Arts: Jeanne/Attacker/Tamamo/Tamamo/Secondary Attacker/Mashu
Quick: Jeanne/Attacker/Skadi/Skadi/Secondary Attacker/Mashu

In both cases, Jeanne fills the role that the other support can't provide. NP avoidance for Arts and healing for Quick.

Personally, I find it hard to justify leaving a slot for Ruler Jeanne. Her NP Gain is subpar even with a triple Arts deck and the only other team support she provides is Revelation. You can argue for the utility her stun can provide, but it pales compared to supports like Caster Gilgamesh and Hans, who can produce a metric ton of stars for their allies to build NP off of. They also sport lower cost and directly improve the team’s damage.

Many top tier Arts attackers like Vlad, Orion, and Artoria Archer can drain NP charge. Even the slightly weaker ones like Ryoma and Mordred also do this. Between any of them and a Tamamo, enemies rarely will have a chance to charge their NP to full before they go down. Mash provides defense against ST and her 1st skill and NP, paired with other Def boosts, can reduce damage taken from enemy NPs to almost nothing. This is all the more relevant when the enemy can pierce invulnerability.

David with a target focus CE is my personal favorite. Plugsuit him in for a free dodge and damage boost, then let the taunt kill him so the unit he swapped with comes back in smoothly.

Jeanne is incredible for stall variants, but most teams can easily forgoe her for more aggressive options.

I’m not sure how Jeanne works in Quick, but generic supports like Hans are probably better as they can NP more often. Combined with Lobo’s buff control and / or Tristan’s Harp, Quick has a much easier time taking hits if Skadi gets added.

9 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

well...fuck

I don’t see anything either.

Nice roll I guess?

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Just an fyi, the image shows nothing but a hyphen in a circle.  

Based on context though you rolled... Lancertoria?  Congrats.

34 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Making it NP Gain would be pretty anticlimatic.

Oh ok.

Caster Skadi has crit buffs elsewhere in her kit. Sure it’s a downgrade compared to Discerning Eye, but targetable batteries are not very common to begin with.

Personally, I find it hard to justify leaving a slot for Ruler Jeanne. Her NP Gain is subpar even with a triple Arts deck and the only other team support she provides is Revelation. You can argue for the utility her stun can provide, but it pales compared to supports like Caster Gilgamesh and Hans, who can produce a metric ton of stars for their allies to build NP off of. They also sport lower cost and directly improve the team’s damage.

Many top tier Arts attackers like Vlad, Orion, and Artoria Archer can drain NP charge. Even the slightly weaker ones like Ryoma and Mordred also do this. Between any of them and a Tamamo, enemies rarely will have a chance to charge their NP to full before they go down. Mash provides defense against ST and her 1st skill and NP, paired with other Def boosts, can reduce damage taken from enemy NPs to almost nothing. This is all the more relevant when the enemy can pierce invulnerability.

David with a target focus CE is my personal favorite. Plugsuit him in for a free dodge and damage boost, then let the taunt kill him so the unit he swapped with comes back in smoothly.

Jeanne is incredible for stall variants, but most teams can easily forgoe her for more aggressive options.

I’m not sure how Jeanne works in Quick, but generic supports like Hans are probably better as they can NP more often. Combined with Lobo’s buff control and / or Tristan’s Harp, Quick has a much easier time taking hits if Skadi gets added.

I don’t see anything either.

Nice roll I guess?

whoops

i copied image link, not image.

14 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

whoops

[404 Image Not Found]

i copied image link, not image.

Still not showing up. I guess if you are hosting it from "google something" it may have to do with privacy settings.

Try hosting it on imgur or something and use a link for that? That is what I do for my screenshots.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Still not showing up. I guess if you are hosting it from "google something" it may have to do with privacy settings.

Try hosting it on imgur or something and use a link for that? That is what I do for my screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/GZ7AVFy

VfDafYv.png

alrighty lets see if that works.

it's Lancer Artoria. Guess I can reliably clear those pesky archer mobs without hector now, huh.

Edited by Mister Rogers

34 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

https://imgur.com/a/GZ7AVFy

VfDafYv.png

alrighty lets see if that works.

it's Lancer Artoria. Guess I can reliably clear those pesky archer mobs without hector now, huh.

laugh in Lalter