Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For Summer part 3 I'm most interested in Medb for reasons. So what happened to Okita Alter? She was hyped up to be a powerhouse, after a week there was little about her.

She IS still a powerhouse, its just that her skillset is a Buster memer #94

That and Alter Ego class only gets 1.5 on counterclass which makes them worse than expected

Also good news for that is Medb is actually pretty close to ridiculously good from what is known of her so far. How good she is very much depends on her unknown 3rd skill though

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

So the summer stuff in a nutshell

Ibaraki - she's literally copy pasted Raikou

Jeanne - SSR Sieg, or in another words a more aggresive Mordred Rider. She should be able to NP spam her AOE NP really well

Ushi - Her card is exactly like Kotaro, but shes a min maxed AOE assassin otherwise. She definitely can't loop without clever uses of her battery though

Medb - What you probably see - Lower attack than Siegfried

What you SHOULD see - Golden Rule Body with 10 stars per turn as her 1st, apparently Hokusai Defense down on her NP, 20% Arts debuff, 20% Charisma and 30% crit damage buff excluding herself

Saberlot trounce her Star gen support, but she have extremely strong buff to compensate. As a DPS, her NP refill rivals Archuria since Golden Rule Body can emulate the effect of Excalibur effect on Archuria NP

Yeah she's ridiculously good. Easilly on the level of Saberlot and Yagyu as Arts Saber

BB - her 1st is Self modification

her 2nd is uhhh a dodge, a Buster buff, and an NP damage buff with 9 turn CD basically Goddess metamorphosis kind of overloaded skill with high CD.

her 3rd is unknown

Her NP is an AOE with guaranteed charge drain and 10% chance to drain another charge

MHX - 1st is a dodge and 50% ATK buff. Basically Jalter's Mana Burst but better

2nd is a 20 stars instinct that drops her star weight into 0. This is actually ridiculously good, but MHX is a DPS so i'm somewhat suspect about this

Her 3rd is an NP charge button with pierce invul and bonus damage against foreigner(its actually against (trait), which is mostly on Foreigner)

Her NP is a ST Arts with 150% damage bonus against Saber and 20%-60% built in ATK buff(think Bedivere)

Overall she looks eh until you remember her cards are ridiculous. Her Arts card is as good as Hokusai, but her Quick card is good.

A common theme with the batch is their NP gen is kinda low. Jeanne and Medb is below average on cards despite their high NP refill potential. Ushi is exactly like Kotaro. BB and MHX is way above average though

But... yeah can't think off anyone who is bad in this batch of summer servants. People would say Medb is bad, but her potential is basically becoming Archuria and Innocent Monster with Charisma AND Arts buff is 10/10. At worst Medb does everything Marie Caster wishes to do. At best Medb is basically SR Archuria Saber

Jalter is 3 turn dodge with 6 turn CD, Self Charisma, and 1 turn  20% Mana Burst

You may now laugh at her 3rd and drop your jaw at her 1st

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Jalter is 3 turn dodge with 6 turn CD, Self Charisma, and 1 turn  20% Mana Burst

you forgot the other mechs about that dodge boyo - this isn't just melt's dodge after all.

first you use the skill and you don't get a dodge (still get a NP gain buff)
then you get a 1 hit dodge for 1 turn the next 3 turns after

Ex: Say you have this skill at lvl 1 and you use it. After all the buffs dissipate (the np gain and evade), you have 4 turns left of CD. Means at lvl 10, only 2 turns of down time.

Obviously, the downside is that these evades are for 1 hit and so if the enemy keeps hitting Jerker the evade can only do so much.
also, Skill 3 has a 20% NP Charge. Don't forget about that (and yes this does mean that Ereshkigal essentially has a better version of Jerker's skill 3 - that's why it feels rather underwhelming)

24 minutes ago, N30 said:

you forgot the other mechs about that dodge boyo - this isn't just melt's dodge after all.

first you use the skill and you don't get a dodge (still get a NP gain buff)
then you get a 1 hit dodge for 1 turn the next 3 turns after

Ex: Say you have this skill at lvl 1 and you use it. After all the buffs dissipate (the np gain and evade), you have 4 turns left of CD. Means at lvl 10, only 2 turns of down time.

Obviously, the downside is that these evades are for 1 hit and so if the enemy keeps hitting Jerker the evade can only do so much.
also, Skill 3 has a 20% NP Charge. Don't forget about that (and yes this does mean that Ereshkigal essentially has a better version of Jerker's skill 3 - that's why it feels rather underwhelming)

Actually no, the dodge works kinda basically immediately since its applied at the end of the turn of actibation so its basically 3 turn dodge with 3 turn CD instead if 3 wit 2 turn of downtime, being applied at CD COunt (6), (5), (4) then off at 3, 2, 1

i agree her 3rd basically sucks, but comparing skills on a vaccum is a terrible practice because on the very same class we have Asterios and Lu Bu where the later is objectively worse than the former because the former is designed with compensation factor. At that point we get into silly situations like talking about how blatantly unfair Parvati as a servant is, forgetting that her kit is applied to 8000 Base ATK on an SR

Erekshigal is in a simmilar place where she's honestly balanced around her low ATK and AOE status

On Jalter itself it puts her damage at the exact bechmark of 67k damage. If her Buster up is 50% she would do 80k which is screws with the number balancing of the class

What REALLY matters is whether or not the servant in question reach the benchmark number and she does

23 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

At that point we get into silly situations like talking about how blatantly unfair Parvati as a servant is, forgetting that her kit is applied to 8000 Base ATK on an SR

Erekshigal is in a simmilar place where she's honestly balanced around her low ATK and AOE status.

Lancers need lower attack than average to be balanced, thanks to their 1.05x damage multiplier. This means they scale very well with attack CEs and Fou cards.

Compare her to EMIYA(Archer), for example. Yeah, EMIYA has a bit more than 1k attack on her, but, practically speaking, their cards hit for the same damage. Archers have .95x multipler, Lancers have 1.05, which essentially means, comparing an archer to a lancer, the archer suffers a 1k Atk demerit. (Assuming the ballpark of ~10k attack.)

Beserkers, Rulers, and Avengers get 1.1x multiplier, but the first is made of tissue paper, although they do get 1.5x effectiveness vs. basically everything, the second basically never has effective damage, although they're usually indestructible in return, and the third is made of tissue paper and almost never has effective damage.

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Lancers need lower attack than average to be balanced, thanks to their 1.05x damage multiplier. This means they scale very well with attack CEs and Fou cards.

Compare her to EMIYA(Archer), for example. Yeah, EMIYA has a bit more than 1k attack on her, but, practically speaking, their cards hit for the same damage. Archers have .95x multipler, Lancers have 1.05, which essentially means, comparing an archer to a lancer, the archer suffers a 1k Atk demerit. (Assuming the ballpark of ~10k attack.)

Beserkers, Rulers, and Avengers get 1.1x multiplier, but the first is made of tissue paper, although they do get 1.5x effectiveness vs. basically everything, the second basically never has effective damage, although they're usually indestructible in return, and the third is made of tissue paper and almost never has effective damage.

Making that comparison with EMIYA(Archer) is a bit hard because DW kinda knew about this, resulting in every archer AOE besides Helena having Interlude, but i do see your point. It kinda makes the complaint for Valkyrie ATK score irrelevant since she hits only 10% lower than average 9500 ATK Saber yeah

So far in the summer event part 2, I have gotten all of the Summer ce from the shop, bones, embers, attack fou cards, lanterns, and np5 Scathach. I still plan to get the lamps ans pages for future use. Overall I preferred the first part, too many boar jokes.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Only missing 1800 cement in the shop before I’m done with this event. Hopefully we’ll have some downtime to kill hands before we start Prisma Illya.

I’ve been wanting to roll Illya, but now I’m not so sure since I’m below 300 quartz. I’d love to get Nursery Rhyme, but her rate-up is split three ways; Helena is also good but Medea Lily would be a complete miss for me.

JP though. Maxed Jeanne Alter’s level almost immediately and got her 4/10/4. The grailing will start when she becomes permanent and not a moment later. My shop progress is moving at a snail’s pace since I have no drop bonuses though.

But 5* BB. Foreigner MHX. Saber Medb. My quartz will not survive.

Part 1: Said "screw this" after maxing out Camelot medals/gold EXP cards.  Because I needed to do Part 2.

Part 2: Someone find me motivation, the buildings are not helping.  Other than CE/ascension materials, I'm not sure if I even want anything else.

I'll just get the Chains, Claws and a maybe the lamps before going back to QP farming. At least I got all the lores, CEs, NP5 Shishou and the bones. The pages would probably come in handy but I have quite a few of those and no plans of leveling Casters for a good while.

I kinda wish I had more to roll for martha, but eh.

I got the drake CE and archer yuri pirates. it's not a total and utter loss.

guess I'll have like 2-4 more yolo rolls before this event ends with the master mission resets, mephistopheles quest, and Ko Gil+Stheno+Ozy being like 4-6 hours away from netting me SQ.

already got the caster SR trio from the illya banner. Don't really need illya or medb since sanzang and ozy/kintoki are with me. I might toss a ticket or two for CEs during medb's daily rate-up, but that's about it.

saving for a shot at cleopatra. then it's off to saving for Caster Gil/Ishtar and maybe Musashi/Gramps. 

guess I'll focus on getting gems in the interim time. i really hope it's a dailies 1/2 off so i can just grab enough for everyone plus chloe/brave liz.

So far I'm only done with Scathach copies, Shop CEs, Cement and Réalta Alloy.
Still have to farm the 2 other alloys and I will probably skip Oil. Got the EXP from it but I have no uses for Black Beast Grease and Ghost Lanterns. It's disappointing that Grease and Horns have so little demand since events tend to drown you with them compared to Bronze mats or Hearts.

If there is still time I might do the 2 missing development nodes from Part 1 just for the dialogue. Aside from that there is nothing I would regret leaving behind.
Hopefully we get ~1 week downtime to farm EXP because I have Li Shuwen and Lu Bu to max. level and I need to farm some EXP for Chloe.

Progress has been slow.

I've finished up the 1st's island, but did not manage to clear out its shop. For Part 2, I cleared the main story and am now in the process of getting NP5 Scathach and the Shop CEs. Hopefully I'll have time for the items later.

How is everyone else so far behind...

Only got 1200 cement left. Should be done within the next 6 runs or so. I’m skipping the island renovations this year though. Other than the three Lores, the mana prisms aren’t really worth my time, since I’m already at 1k and we have a lotto to get more. QP is more valuable at the moment.

Please no dead week before Illya event.

Edited by MrSmokestack

41 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Only got 1200 cement left. Should be done within the next 6 runs or so. I’m skipping the island renovations this year though. Other than the three Lores, the mana prisms aren’t really worth my time, since I’m already at 1k and we have a lotto to get more. QP is more valuable at the moment.

ive been fairly lazy, gotta rush it the last 3 days

On the trimats now, the im doing DQ

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Because I play multiple games, and the lack of auto-battle really hampers this game.

Finished the main story, will work on getting a certain someone up to NP5.  I think there were a few things I wanted out of the shop, but I don't feel like I'm missing much if I don't.  I'd feel worse about missing the apples!

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

RL can get you very busy... Doesn't help that I refuse to use apples until Nero Fest 2 (I heard it has unlimited Medals and Saberlot is hungry for medals).

Anyways, I got everything I wanted from the shop so back to farming Lancer embers and QP having 16M QP is embarrasing

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Because I play multiple games, and the lack of auto-battle really hampers this game.

Finished the main story, will work on getting a certain someone up to NP5.  I think there were a few things I wanted out of the shop, but I don't feel like I'm missing much if I don't.  I'd feel worse about missing the apples!

29 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

RL can get you very busy... Doesn't help that I refuse to use apples until Nero Fest 2 (I heard it has unlimited Medals and Saberlot is hungry for medals).

Anyways, I got everything I wanted from the shop so back to farming Lancer embers and QP having 16M QP is embarrasing

Is that so.

I just rushed the main quest of both parts using only the bronze and silver apples from the free quests on the first day of each, and have been coasting on AP regen since then. I’m saving all my gold apples for Nero Fest as well.

Only two runs left before I’m free to grind hands. Overall, this has been a great event.

14 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is that so.

I just rushed the main quest of both parts using only the bronze and silver apples from the free quests on the first day of each, and have been coasting on AP regen since then. I’m saving all my gold apples for Nero Fest as well.

Only two runs left before I’m free to grind hands. Overall, this has been a great event.

On my end, I am doing my last run of summer2! gonna leave all statues / testicles and grease pots.

Really had fun specially on part1 - part2 soundtrack was amazing imo :D, but the pig jokes ggot old real fast.

Now not sure what to do, hope next event hit us this week aswell tbh :D

edit: in the end, used like 15 bronze + 6 silver apples (mainly because on BOTH weeks I almost forgot to clear the quests for SQ fragments). Stash is  growing slowly xD

Edited by QKumber