Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

3 hours ago, QKumber said:

Now not sure what to do, hope next event hit us this week aswell tbh :D

Probably not.  Summer 2 banner runs until the 22nd, while in JP the summer 2 banner ended with the end of the event (which is tomorrow for us).  Since JP had a dead week between Summer and Prillya where the Camelot 2 banner and the 400 day event ran, it looks like we got Summer 2 extended to cover that week.  I'd be OK with being wrong though.

I'm pretty much done with the Summer event farming, unsure if I'm going to finish clearing the shop yet or not.  The assumed dead week will be nice to work on leveling Caster Marie some more and stocking Archer XP for Kuro.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12.8.2018 at 8:57 PM, MrSmokestack said:

How is everyone else so far behind...

On 12.8.2018 at 8:57 PM, MrSmokestack said:

I’m skipping the island renovations

You have answered yourself.

Anyway I only have to do Éadrom Alloy now and the Hearts are bought out, so that only leaves Shells. Still had to spend all Bronze and Silver apples from the event though to get this far.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Since JP had a dead week between Summer and Prillya where the Camelot 2 banner and the 400 day event ran, it looks like we got Summer 2 extended to cover that week.

That seems likely. Hopefully they don't extend the dead week period again ... (flashbacks of Prison Tower).

Just finished getting all the Lores from the event.  Been distracted by the Summer event in JP and just getting Octopath Traveler on my Switch.  Also not big on grinding in general.

EDIT:  Also this just happened

Edited by The Geek

4 hours ago, The Priest said:

You have answered yourself.

Anyway I only have to do Éadrom Alloy now and the Hearts are bought out, so that only leaves Shells. Still had to spend all Bronze and Silver apples from the event though to get this far.

Meh. I did the final project in Part 2 thrice for the Lores. The discovery quests in both parts can fund the majority of the remaining projects, and to be honest those materials were more valuable as QP than Mana Prisms for me. So I exchanged them instead. I emptied the whole shop save for statues and monuments so I’m pretty burnt out on the grind at this point.

OMFG!!!! Yes! YES! YEEEEEES!!!!! YOLO rolls without any kind of hope are the best thing ever! I went to do my free FP roll and got a 3* CE which was alright. Part of me had an urge to waste the mission quartz and when I decided to go with it during the first roll there was lag and it ended with this:

Spoiler

89fGdbH.png

Fricken yeah!!!! I wanted her the most out of all the summer servants and now I have her! Punch Saint is sooooo awesome!!! This girl is getting 10/10/10 and grailed to 100.

Haha, sorry I lost my cool for a second.

Sadly for people who haven't managed to get the Part 2 Servants there has so far only been one rerun of the Part 2 gacha, and that's during the rerun of this event which will happen next year.  Part 1 got rerun twice, once for the event rerun and again for the 13 million downloads campaign.  Maybe Part 2 will get rerun again for the 14 million downloads campaign?

And I guess since the Part 2 gacha lasts for another week despite the event ending tomorrow that means we get a week break between the event ending and Prisma Causeway?  Good, cuz I need time to focus on the Summer event in JP, where I am super far behind.  100k points out of 1 million needed earning roughly 10k per run.  Fun stuff.

Scathach obtained.  Life is good.

I should be able to grab the final shop CE when I wake up.  Then, it's a matter of farming oil for the EXP cards, and maybe some ascension materials.  Oh, and nabbing those two Lores.  Luckily, I have a team dedicated to each of the materials, so it's been pretty quick.

Man, I didn't get to spend as much time with Part 2 as I wanted, but then again my team comps sucked for farming. At least I got my NP5 Scathach, the lores, and some materials (I skipped getting 2 of the shop CEs). It didn't help that Part II was nowhere near as enjoyable as Part I was and that my team comps for Part II were poor.
- - - - - - - - - -
My issue with time is that I recently got a new job, and it really, really sucks. I need to find an alternative before I lose what remains of my sanity...

I wouldn't sweat it if you missed out on some event shop things.  I left a lot behind, because my goal isn't to fully ascend the entire roster.  As long as you have a good core, and a few alternatives, I think you'll be fine.

@Alexmender
Congrats. Now get her up to speed and spread the Jojo memes.

-----

Overall, I liked Part 1 but since Part 2 was pretty much the same with a less compelling setting it was much worse. Doesn't help that grinding for the Alloys felt much more tedious since the Servant bonus were all over the place.

I'm leaving the event with Horns, Grease and 11 Lanterns left in the shop. Spent a Gold Apple to buy out the shop and getting all the conversations from Part 1 Summer. Also have both CEs MLB'd with a spare copy of the Nightingale (it dropped twice which saved me one copy from the shop).

Now it's time to take things a bit slower. Still have to do Robin's, Mozart's, Alexander's and Lu Bu's Strengthening quests and I need to build up Gold EXP for Prisma Illya.
... I'm also short of Archer, Rider and Assassin gems for some Servants and I only have 10m QP left. So much for a rest.

Btw. there is a new node in Okeanos where you can farm Shells and get a SQ for your troubles.

@The Priest Thanks! I'll get her ready to MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA a little after Nero Fest because I'm still broke for QP.

I'll finish Tamalancer first now that she's so close to level 90, for some reason every time I level her I get a Super/Great success so she has saved my a ton of farming time. She really knows how to make a guy happy.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

@The Priest Thanks! I'll get her ready to MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA a little after Nero Fest because I'm still broke for QP.

I'll finish Tamalancer first now that she's so close to level 90, for some reason every time I level her I get a Super/Great success so she has saved my a ton of farming time. She really knows how to make a guy happy.

So you went from an eirika fanboy to a hexer and now you are into masochism

Wtf man

18 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

So you went from an eirika fanboy to a hexer and now you are into masochism

Wtf man

None of those are mutually exclusive. I can be a masochist Eirika fanboy that does hexes. 

Da fuq? I think I'm a relative of Tharja

Edited by Alexmender

38 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

None of those are mutually exclusive. I can be a masochist Eirika fanboy that does hexes. 

Da fuq? I think I'm a relative of Tharja

are you secretly @Jingle Jangle's alt account?

fucking hell I ran the two lowest AP training grounds repeatedly and it's grinding my sanity. On the other hand, it's gonna get kintoki and ozy some skill levels so whynot.

And hopefully I can get some bond levels by sunday-ish.

Edited by Joe Cool

Rolls for Part 2 Summer Banner in JP. Obligatory salt warning goes here.

Spoiler

Started with 506 sq, 9 tickets and ended with 116 sq.

Tickets- NP1 Medb

30 sq- NP2 Medb

60 sq- NP1 BB

180 sq- NP3 Medb

270 sq- NP4 Medb

390 sq- NP1 MHXX

What the fuck is my luck.

Spooks included a NP1 Stheno and a Volumen. Way more lucrative than my NA rolls by a mile.

Mooncancer class card:

Spoiler

image.png

NA has gone quiet once again. Threw Altera in the back of my hand farming team to get her Bond Level up while I finish leveling Martha. The Illya rolls will be an uphill battle for sure.

Summer Medb looks fun to use with a charm similar to Shuten, np battery, and attack buff. I want her or her rider version.

Robo Artoria is strange, I'm not too familiar to the other extra classes. So I can't really comment on her.

Summer BB is a strong servant. Golden Pig Cup A has different effects I don't think any other skill in the game can do that, I dislike that all in one kind of skills set a bad trend. Also can something explain how does Faceless Moon EX work? Can only BB use cards during that time?

19 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Summer BB 5th skill is a 10 star innocent Monster with an effect that locks your current card for the next 3 turn

Its about as broken as you imagine

The game balance sure is all over the place. The only weaknesses I see about Summer BB is the lack of effective damage toward the normal classes due to being a Moon Cancer, and the setting up Faceless Moon EX for a decent shuffle. Other than that, she's nasty. why is the game why to one up itself with support servants? Skadi was released a couple weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The game balance sure is all over the place. The only weaknesses I see about Summer BB is the lack of effective damage toward the normal classes due to being a Moon Cancer, and the setting up Faceless Moon EX for a decent shuffle. Other than that, she's nasty. why is the game why to one up itself with support servants? Skadi was released a couple weeks ago.

The skill basically compensates everything about BB yeah

The thing is before it got revealed BB is actually fairly eh