Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The skill basically compensates everything about BB yeah

The thing is before it got revealed BB is actually fairly eh

What I first saw about BB was how bonkers Golden Pig Cup A, a whole servant kit in one skill. This is the rest of the cake.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf Faceless Moon turns off if a party member gets killed off. Depending on that you probably need some kind of sustain otherwise the effect just fades away.

... that being said, BB pretty much warps the meta. Holy crap. Being able to lock cards is pretty disgusting since it opens up the way for ridicilous damage setups.
Just by using herself as an example you can consistenly deal boosted crits while supplementing herself with the stars she needs. Add Zhuge Liang to the equation and she smashes stuff to bits even without class advantage.

On another note BB variants will probably make up the Moon Cancer class based on its back design. tbf it's her exclusive class but it's kinda disappointing as well since only she can qualify for it. Unless a Lostbelt introduces a similar entity there is little hope for another contender.

... also looking at Saber Medb every Charm skill in the game deserves a buff. Like right now.

BB is pretty insane, yeah. It’s honestly not a stretch at all to say she powercreeped Jeanne Alter. That’s how good she is.

Finished all the raids for NP5 Berserker Jeanne. Now to finish grinding points on the remaining ladders with my massive $ bonuses.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, The Priest said:

tbf Faceless Moon turns off if a party member gets killed off. Depending on that you probably need some kind of sustain otherwise the effect just fades away.

... that being said, BB pretty much warps the meta. Holy crap. Being able to lock cards is pretty disgusting since it opens up the way for ridicilous damage setups.
Just by using herself as an example you can consistenly deal boosted crits while supplementing herself with the stars she needs. Add Zhuge Liang to the equation and she smashes stuff to bits even without class advantage.

On another note BB variants will probably make up the Moon Cancer class based on its back design. tbf it's her exclusive class but it's kinda disappointing as well since only she can qualify for it. Unless a Lostbelt introduces a similar entity there is little hope for another contender.

... also looking at Saber Medb every Charm skill in the game deserves a buff. Like right now.

wasn't Moon Cancer!Archimedes considered "possible"?

4 hours ago, The Priest said:

Medb isn't the first servant with that kind of skill though.  Medb's second is pretty much the same as Shuten's first, except with 20% Arts down instead of 20% Def down.  And Shuten's was a copy of Mata Hari's second, except Mata Hari has a lower CD in exchange for only working on males.

Now, I'm not saying that the single target charm skills don't need a buff.  But as far as DW is concerned, it's not different enough that the other charms need to be looked at, given that there have been at least two similar skills before.

9 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What I first saw about BB was how bonkers Golden Pig Cup A, a whole servant kit in one skill. This is the rest of the cake.

A good NP charge skill is only a big deal if your NP is something special. BB's NP does have the whole "NP drain on buster servant" going for it, but damage wise its a joke. WIth it active, BB does an impressive 22.000 damage with her NP. So from this we can conclude the true value of this NP drain is to give her glorifed buster card, giving better control to when she can pop her NP during good draws.

Even if you loop it with shenanigans 22.000 is still 22.000.

Move past that and you have Card type buff.... 20% Buster buff is literally a worse version of Charisma which is the thing with Buster card type buff in general - it affects only damage so strictly speaking its worse in a vacuum than ATK buff

It have dodge but its also a dodge tied to Charisma with 7 CD. Thankfully Golden Pig Cup functions pretty much like Mana Burst(since you would normally time its usage during Buster led Brave Chain so it ensures survival to take advantage for the next set of stars from the extra card) to so its not as bad as actually being tied to Charisma

In a vacuum, Golden Pig Cup is far from broken - its a clunky mess with unoptimized numbers that isn't really any better than Demonic Magic and Summer Demonic Magic of Nitocris and Ibaraki and is very comparable to Jaguar Punch. If its an Arts boost tied to a proper arts servant it could probably be broken but thats an entirely different skill that probably won't ever be made to begin with.

In the bigger picture, Golden Pig Cup is BY FAR her worst skill.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

In a vacuum, Golden Pig Cup is far from broken - its a clunky mess with unoptimized numbers that isn't really any better than Demonic Magic and Summer Demonic Magic of Nitocris and Ibaraki and is very comparable to Jaguar Punch. If its an Arts boost tied to a proper arts servant it could probably be broken but thats an entirely different skill that probably won't ever be made to begin with.

In the bigger picture, Golden Pig Cup is BY FAR her worst skill.

Still worth taking to 10 first purely for the turn 1 NP prop, even if it’s not nearly as good as Formless Moon. Not needing to click cards to start vomiting NP drains more than outweighs the actual damage dealt. Never mind that being a neutral attacker is a strength rather than a weakness and that her actual NP damage scales hard with supports, as the NP Strength is her biggest boost and one not commonly found on support units.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I have watched the 1st season of Prisma Illya for preparation for the next event (I swear). That's was exciting, but gross. Beautiful, yet awkward, creepy. Good, yet very bad. I cheered, I cringed, I think I enjoyed  it. My favorite part was when Illya fought Saber alter, strange that the animation goes from slice of life anime to being expressive. On to season 2.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have watched the 1st season of Prisma Illya for preparation for the next event (I swear). That's was exciting, but gross. Beautiful, yet awkward, creepy. Good, yet very bad. I cheered, I cringed, I think I enjoyed  it. My favorite part was when Illya fought Saber alter, strange that the animation goes from slice of life anime to being expressive. On to season 2.

Prism Illya is an enjoyable series if you can get past the fanservice. I had the benefit of watching it immediately after marathoning UBW and Fate Zero, so seeing Happy Illya was good for me. Also, the Illya vs Saber Alter fight is probably the best in the Prism Illya series.

Season 2 and 3 definitely has more fanservice than the first if I recall correctly, but it still has its awesome moments. Season 4 (3rei) takes a more serious turn, with the movie having one of the best adaptions of Shirou.

I need to get back to reading its original manga at some point and try rewatching the series to compare to two...

Really? Bronze Fous? I usually burn those things when I get them from the FP Gacha. 

Oh well, what's important is that I need to gather enough EXP for Kuro's 3rd ascension soon. Good thing that soon it'll be Archer/Caster ember day.

6 hours ago, Sire said:

Season 2 and 3 definitely has more fanservice than the first if I recall correctly, but it still has its awesome moments. Season 4 (3rei) takes a more serious turn, with the movie having one of the best adaptions of Shirou.

This is partly because they needed filler in 2wei in order to stick to their 10 ep/cour, so they moved the fanservice chapters of 3rei into the 2wei and Herz anime, since those chapters were set during that time period.  2wei and 2wei Herz are probably the weakest part of the anime as a result (though the fight scenes were still pretty good).

They did unnecessarily draw out some Kuro's mana transfers in the anime though.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

18 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Still worth taking to 10 first purely for the turn 1 NP prop, even if it’s not nearly as good as Formless Moon. Not needing to click cards to start vomiting NP drains more than outweighs the actual damage dealt. Never mind that being a neutral attacker is a strength rather than a weakness and that her actual NP damage scales hard with supports, as the NP Strength is her biggest boost and one not commonly found on support units.

Ok FMM is broken, but Self Mod is easilly her best 1st level. I would honestly say FMM for last since its not KNIGHTOFOWNER enough to do the shenanigans(and BB already met the benchmark since she locks card set anyway)

Also

Waver Boosted BB:

1.2 x 1.5 x 1.3 = 2.34

Waver Boosted Standard Schmuck:

1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25

Multiplicative scaling is overrated

10 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

This is partly because they needed filler in 2wei in order to stick to their 10 ep/cour, so they moved the fanservice chapters of 3rei into the 2wei and Herz anime, since those chapters were set during that time period.  2wei and 2wei Herz are probably the weakest part of the anime as a result (though the fight scenes were still pretty good).

They did unnecessarily draw out some Kuro's mana transfers in the anime though.

The worst part is the episode with the notorious Kuro scene is probably by far the best episode of the entire series

I often skipped through that when rewatching it as a result, and i watched that episode a lot. The second half is the best thing in the entire show

oh yay prillya

guess Lartoria will hit FA from this event. Ain't gonna roll until it's a medb only daily, and that's just for the CEs and maybe a shot at medb herself. I'm not particular in wanting the banner servants since I have everyone bar the 5*s. Besides, Sanzang fills Illyas niche for me so there's that.

i'm probably just gonna get kuro to np5 asap and grab the general exp cards/CEs/mats shit I usually do. Helena will probably hit high skill ranks from this event.

thank god i can run a full female support roster of all golds. Summer Scatach will be in the all slot because why not.

I feel like my testosterone filled Chaldea and I are doomed this event.

In other words here's to taking a million years to kill anything, rip me.

Altera, Kiyohime you better be up for killing things for me because I doubt I can get much DPS out of Martha/Mash/Irisviel...

Edited by Glaceon Mage
grammar...

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I feel like my testosterone filled Chaldea and I are doomed this event.

In other words here's to taking a million years to kill anything, rip me.

Altera, Kiyohime you better be up for killing things for me because I doubt I can get much DPS out of Martha/Mash/Irisviel...

That's what friends are for~!

Martha's great utility - she erases enemy buffs/your debuffs, debuffs defense, and provides some sustain.  I use her in conjunction with Santa Alter - she isn't going to be pure DPS, but she can hold her own.  Combine this with Mash shenanigans, and you should have a very happy DPS.

Lancers have it the worst IMO - the only female Lancer that's 3* is Jaguar Man, who will release with Babylonia.  So, uh, good luck to those who didn't pull Liz/either Arthur/Scathach/Brynhilder/Tamamo/Kiyohime!

Astolfo gets bonuses from the event CEs.  This is great!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's what friends are for~!

Martha's great utility - she erases enemy buffs/your debuffs, debuffs defense, and provides some sustain.  I use her in conjunction with Santa Alter - she isn't going to be pure DPS, but she can hold her own.  Combine this with Mash shenanigans, and you should have a very happy DPS.

Lancers have it the worst IMO - the only female Lancer that's 3* is Jaguar Man, who will release with Babylonia.  So, uh, good luck to those who didn't pull Liz/either Arthur/Scathach/Brynhilder/Tamamo/Kiyohime!

Astolfo gets bonuses from the event CEs.  This is great!

Yeah my main plan for going at this is to use friend DPS for the most part, except lancer boss for which I can use Altera.  

I can use Mash and Waver to support the friend DPS, since Waver doesn't really need to benefit from the damage CE to be useful.

Sadly I probably won't be a very helpful friend myself this event aside from the inherent usefulness of Waver.  Too male dominated support list.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah my main plan for going at this is to use friend DPS for the most part, except lancer boss for which I can use Altera.  

I can use Mash and Waver to support the friend DPS, since Waver doesn't really need to benefit from the damage CE to be useful.

Sadly I probably won't be a very helpful friend myself this event aside from the inherent usefulness of Waver.  Too male dominated support list.

I don't know how long you've been playing, but here's a list of all the female event servants that have been released (off the top of my head):

- Liz (caster)
- Nobunaga (archer)
- Santa Alter (rider)
- Altria Lily (saber)
- Shiki (assassin)
- Iri (caster)
- Scathach (assassin)

Throw in Kiyohime from the story, and it's a pretty diverse cast, most of which are good.  But I'll take someone like Hans/Waver/maybe David for support!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't know how long you've been playing, but here's a list of all the female event servants that have been released (off the top of my head):

- Liz (caster)
- Nobunaga (archer)
- Santa Alter (rider)
- Altria Lily (saber)
- Shiki (assassin)
- Iri (caster)
- Scathach (assassin)

Throw in Kiyohime from the story, and it's a pretty diverse cast, most of which are good.  But I'll take someone like Hans/Waver/maybe David for support!

My account is technically from launch, but I took a break from the game for a while and missed welfares from Nobunaga to Shiki.

The only one I've invested in enough to get to max ascend/give skill levels to is Iri, due to prioritizing "like character" over just about everything for resources.  Caster EXP was wanted by about three Casters besides Liz (Waver, Iri, Hans) and they ended up taking all of it.

Scathach, meanwhile, lost out mainly because I ran out of time on the summer event.

@Glaceon Mage I have the following for (4-5*) supports in this event if you want something.

Spoiler

Caster

• Tamamo
  • Sanzang
  • Helena (needs skill gems)
  • NR
  • Caster Liz
  • Medea Lily

Berserkers

• Tamamo Cat
  • Nightingale

Saber

• Salter
  • d'Eon
  • Saber Lily
  • Rama
  • Bedivere

Lancers

• Brynhildr
  • Liz
  • Lartoria (in progress)

Archers

• Nobu
  • Summer Yuri Pirates (TBD)

Riders

• Santa Alter

Assassins

• Jack
  • MHX
  • Shiki
  • Stheno
  • Summer Shishou 

•  
Edited by Joe Cool

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

@Glaceon Mage I have the following for (4-5*) supports in this event if you want something.

Hide contents

Caster

• Tamamo
  • Sanzang
  • Helena (needs skill gems)
  • NR
  • Caster Liz
  • Medea Lily

Berserkers

• Tamamo Cat
  • Nightingale

Saber

• Salter
  • d'Eon
  • Saber Lily
  • Rama
  • Bedivere

Lancers

• Brynhildr
  • Liz
  • Lartoria (in progress)

Archers

• Nobu
  • Summer Yuri Pirates (TBD)

Riders

• Santa Alter

Assassins

• Jack
  • MHX
  • Shiki
  • Stheno
  • Summer Shishou 

•  

Edit: Wait a minute I already have you, curse you dn changes.

Thanks though.  Anyone useable as a DPS is probably the most useful, so having Sanzang on support somewhere is my main request.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
Derp

11 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Edit: Wait a minute I already have you, curse you dn changes.

Thanks though.  Anyone useable as a DPS is probably the most useful, so having Sanzang on support somewhere is my main request.

cool.

I kinda wonder who's the better STNP caster between Sanzang and Illya. I've heard complaints due to illya's demerits.

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

I kinda wonder who's the better STNP caster between Sanzang and Illya. I've heard complaints due to illya's demerits.

Illya has better burst compared to Sanzou, but Sanzou has better NP gain between her bases and Rapid Sutra Chanting. Sanzou is also much better at supporting the team, while damage is basically the only thing Illya contributes.

Illya’s demerits are a non-factor. Aside from being a meager 10% Atk and Def, Suspicious Medicine gives her debuff immune anyway.

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

cool.

I heard that Illya np nukes harder than Xuanzang due to the buster skill, but not as spammable as the monk.