Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I may not be able to grind out Nerofest since the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna Expansion is now out.

I saw the intro though and it was pretty interesting. Hopefully I'll make some progress in Nerofest despite another game taking priority.

2 hours ago, NoahStratos said:

Heavy sleeper requires more hours of sleep, so I missed out on a whole day of Nerofest.

God damn you maintenance.

To be fair we got an extension so technically you're losing nothing.
If anything we won a large amount of SQ and apples for the troubles.

It took 3 tries but I defeated Herc. The first failure was because I didn't knew that the quest had 3 rounds so I had to change my team to include Arjuna/Helena to clear the mobs and the second because I didn't knew of Herc's arts down so I had to change my front lines to not include my arts users.

38 turns is quite a bit but having Herc be literally useless with Mash/Euryale/Support Tamamo is extremely fun. I'm happy that these quests cost only 1 AP because that means I can go blind and experiment with my team comps a bit. Still, I'll keep grinding Boxes to max Ruler Martha soon, she needs to punch some of these guys to oblivion.

Heracles is done, 1st try with 22 turns.
Used this team:
- Mordred (Imaginary Element [MLB])
- Scathach (Event Damage CE)
- Zhuge Liang Support (I think he had the Petal drop CE)
- Bedivere (Golden Sumo)
- Kintoki Rider (Event Damage CE)
- Mash (Volumen Hydrargyrum)

The funny thing is I chose the wrong Mystic Code. I went in with the standard one instead of the Combat uniform (so I can switch in Mash faster) but seems like it wasn't necessary to do so; Kintoki and Scathach teared him a new one 12-times. Poor Herc.

How is everyone so far with farming? I got all the Shop CE and started the 3rd Petal box.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

Heracles is done, 1st try with 22 turns.
Used this team:
- Mordred (Imaginary Element [MLB])
- Scathach (Event Damage CE)
- Zhuge Liang Support (I think he had the Petal drop CE)
- Bedivere (Golden Sumo)
- Kintoki Rider (Event Damage CE)
- Mash (Volumen Hydrargyrum)

The funny thing is I chose the wrong Mystic Code. I went in with the standard one instead of the Combat uniform (so I can switch in Mash faster) but seems like it wasn't necessary to do so; Kintoki and Scathach teared him a new one 12-times. Poor Herc.

How is everyone so far with farming? I got all the Shop CE and started the 3rd Petal box.

Finishing gold gems atm before going 24/7 petals

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

That feeling when Mash face-tanks 3 Herc NPs without healing a single time in between. (In retrospect, I shouldn't have put my Archer Artoria in the front lines---didn't realize Herc had a permanent Arts down.)

The Arts down got me by surprise too, I had been intending to play the long and slow game with Mash/Tamamo/Waver and I feel it was put there specifically to deter that kind of playstyle.

Guess I need to do this the legit way, I'll probably try to go at it with Diarmuid as a main dps and either 2 Wavers or Waver+Mash, because my only other fully trained STNP is Kerry who's damage is hit by that Arts down.

Maybe I can try using Iskandar and double Waver too?  Hmmm...

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The Arts down got me by surprise too, I had been intending to play the long and slow game with Mash/Tamamo/Waver and I feel it was put there specifically to deter that kind of playstyle.

Guess I need to do this the legit way, I'll probably try to go at it with Diarmuid as a main dps and either 2 Wavers or Waver+Mash, because my only other fully trained STNP is Kerry who's damage is hit by that Arts down.

Maybe I can try using Iskandar and double Waver too?  Hmmm...

To be fair, all the Arts down did was take my turn 6 kill to turn 34. My Archer Artoria was level 100 & NP4---she does 50k just off the back of her territory creation + White Rose, if her Arts buff is up it's still a OHKO---so it was really just the NP refund that it ruined.

(The arts down also doesn't hit the back line, so you can just plug-suit or have a suicidal front line.)

Debuff clear is a thing guys...

I’m planning on going at each of these challenge quests with multiple teams.

On box five at the moment. Once I hit the last CE I’m going back to grinding medals. Three turn clears make this really fast.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Lvl 1 George (mlb Empieta) / Scathach (White bride CE) / Lvl 65 George (mlb Empieta) -> Mystic code used was Atlas

I am still new with this solo thing, so I think I could reach herc with max hp but I did not. Managed to kill him on the 1st try - thx to all the stuns and invulnerability

As for the Lottery, got my 1st Joint Recital drop after clear box number14! Plan is reach 40ish this weekend so I can take it slow during the week and grab the 70ish I am aiming.

The shop is useless for me... I got the gold gems + CEs and that was it. Sheels/Lamps/MPs/Scarabs/Crystals/Snake Eyes/Proofs are useless to me! Maybe I will grab the dust but I still have 405 of that (but Altera and a couple more ppl will sniff those SO quickly)

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Debuff clear is a thing guys...

I’m planning on going at each of these challenge quests with multiple teams.

On box five at the moment. Once I hit the last CE I’m going back to grinding medals. Three turn clears make this really fast.

I remembered that a short while ago and ended up doing the long and slow clear anyway by using Martha in the initial lineup (which also let me AoE slam the second wave of golems which was nice), then switching in Waver once she did her only job.

Spoiler

bNodKwu.png

Stall tactics are hilarious.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

12 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The next event in JP is Nero Gilfest in New York, double the egos in two regions.

Wait... Since when exists the Gilfest? xD

Today was a real doozy.

I MLB’d the lotto CE and cleared out bronze medals from the shop. After that, I beat the CQ three different ways:

-Nero Solo

-Arts Team

-No Damage CE

The third run was ironically the “best” out of all of them; nobody died besides Arash, and the clear was reasonably fast too—42 turns. I used this team:

Spoiler

image1.png

image0.png

George is basically immortal in this comp. With Tamamo’s cooldown reduction, Herc was forced to attack him for 80% of the fight while doing anywhere between 65%-100% less damage per hit.

Since my phone sucks though, the last run never saved. I just finished editing the other two videos and will upload them tomorrow as a single video though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I beat Herc with a team of Mash, Lancer Tamamo, Support Waver, my own Waver, Jalter, and Raikou.  Just barely won with Jalter by herself finishing Herc with only a sliver of her own HP left.

EDIT:  Cu and Scathach was even easier.  Kept my original team for the most part, just swapped Lancer Tamamo for Mordred and Raikou for Martha (so she can clear Scathach's NP lock)

Edited by The Geek

Scary... The second CQ was a lot easier than the last one (it took less than 10 turns and I won on my first try) but the insta death really surprised me. Luckily Saberlot survived thanks to the event CE and finished it with 1 HP, mostly because Scathach survived the support Artoria's Excalibur and started spamming her evade which was very annoying.

Nero (4*) is pretty fun in this event---who cares if you have instant deaths flying everywhere when you have three stacks of guts on demand. Me randomly giving Bride decapitating bunny also made killing them after the start of the "let's spam dodge all day" phase a lot easier.

Ironically, it still ended up being Drake landing the last hit, since Bride doesn't have the guts spam to survive the team-wipe retaliation (my friend's Void Shiki & my own 4* Nero had guts for it), so I needed Pioneer.

I wouldn't quite call it a first try clear, though, since I knew going in they were going to spam dodges.

Edit: Also would've been a lot easier if I thought to change out my mystic code from default to plug-suit. One turn of stun means no dodge next turn.

Edited by DehNutCase

Nah, I'm pretty sure all the fights were designed to be pretty easy to cheese if you wanted to. (Maybe other than the finals---I didn't look too closely at it since I want to keep myself relatively unspoiled, but every fight leading up to it has some easy ways to just win in one round. Edit: I mean, other than the ones that you have to take lots of time for, like Herc & Hundred Faces.)

Edited by DehNutCase

I got destroyed by the Hassans with only 10 left stupid me thinking that I could've used CS to revive everyone at the end. Turns out Medea deals a bit too much damage so she ended up dying pretty early, guess I'll take a support Amakusa to deal with all those guys while leaving all the healing to Iri.

On another note, Ruler Martha has a huge debuff resist on top of her debuff immunity+heal so she is really good at these types of battles of attrition, although she can't take them all on her own so she really needs some extra healing. After all she was the last one standing when I lost.

The suicidal buff guys come rarely enough that you can probably afford to just run Jack or something for skill based buff clear---the fight encourages you to kill everyone slowly to let the stacking debuffs wear off, anyway.

I ran Jack, Nero, friend's Tamamo because I figured wanted a debuff clear, a bunch of sustain, and Nero to be Nero. Didn't give her White Rose this time, so she ended up with Prisma Cosmos to AoE NP every once in a while.

Nero was the only one of my starting lineup that didn't die even once, oddly enough, even though all the targeted heals went to Jack and Tamamo. It's not because her heal's insane, mind, it's just that even with class advantage the stacking defense downs take a toll after a while, and Nero doesn't command card for a lot of damage without White Rose. (Jack was alive at the end, but she did have to use guts. Tamamo died twice.)

Kind of wish I tried again without buff clear, just to see if you can straight up guts through all the death effects, but whatever.