Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Kind of wish I tried again without buff clear, just to see if you can straight up guts through all the death effects

Pretty sure that's doable based on my strategy.
What I did is to clear the small fries until Hundred Personas showed up. I proceeded to nuke both her and Cursed Arm with Helena who had the damage CE on her. Both of their death effects trigger, she gets revived. Then I stalled again until Serenity arrives who then takes away Helena. The rest of the fight was just Tamamo - Medea - Waver swatting away the rest.
I did remove the Last Hassan's death effect with Rule Breaker as long as you have someone with Guts or at the back you can just win without that.

This exhibition fight took 37 Turns and 3 tries.
1st try was me getting caught off guard with the death effects and massive debuffs. I thought Medea dealt with that but you can't kill them with her NP otherwise the death still triggers.
But oh the 2nd try. That one made me salty. I managed to clear everything until the last Hassan showed up. The only ones standing where Tamamo, Shiki (Damage CE) and Waver. At the last round Hassan triggered Guts on Shiki with a crit, then I proceeded to use her NP on him. I thought I won. Then his death effect killed the entire party. ... yeah.
3rd try is the one I outlined above.

The Scathach & Cu one was very easy. NP2 Saber Alter. 4 Turns. Done.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have completed the Heracles quest with Rider Kinoki, Waver, Mash, Koro, Cu, and Cu alter on my first attempt. And the completed the lancer duo challenge on the 3rd try with Saberlot, Waver, Caesar, Artoria, Mash and Rama a bit annoying with the evade Cu keeps spamming but overcame it. Did some more summoning got this. Feels good.

Screenshot_2018-09-17-12-23-32.png

Ok went blind on the Hassan fight, failed 2 times until I realized how to bypass their gimmickys.

Ended up using Marie Caster (event dmg CE) + Medea (prisma cosmos -> 38k unbuffed Np) + TamaCaster

Took 27 turns but it was smooth sailing. Marie reached 500k AoE dmg with some buffs o.O

3 tries and 59 turns. NEVER. AGAIN. Irisviel/Mash/Amakusa is a very reliable team but the stall nature of it makes it take soooo long, I shudder imagining how it would go with Jeanne instead of Amakusa.

I really need to train Nitocris/Nursery Rhyme soon because it's clear that AoE Casters are a good investment. Good news is that this event is the perfect time for that.

Well, that was embarrassing.

Brought Nero 5* since I figured, 'hey, sustain isn't too important if you kill them before they kill you, right?' 5* doesn't have Defense Pierce on her NP, lul. Was probably still winnable since I had Waver for his NP and Kintoki in the back lines, who does like 20k per NP, but exited out.

Nero 4* was brought in, Mash exploded because I misplayed, and then Kintoki slammed his NP for 30k damage on Sieg, who was already low from Nero and Waver NPing his face a few times.

Siegfried's armor feels a lot more like 200% defense up + 80% un-removable damage reduction than just the 200% defense up the wiki claims, though. Okita probably would've slaughtered him, but didn't have anyone on my friend's list with the damage CE.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, that was embarrassing.

Brought Nero 5* since I figured, 'hey, sustain isn't too important if you kill them before they kill you, right?' 5* doesn't have Defense Pierce on her NP, lul. Was probably still winnable since I had Waver for his NP and Kintoki in the back lines, who does like 20k per NP, but exited out.

Nero 4* was brought in, Mash exploded because I misplayed, and then Kintoki slammed his NP for 30k damage on Sieg, who was already low from Nero and Waver NPing his face a few times.

Siegfried's armor feels a lot more like 200% defense up + 80% un-removable damage reduction than just the 200% defense up the wiki claims, though. Okita probably would've slaughtered him, but didn't have anyone on my friend's list with the damage CE.

Its 90%, thats why you need roughly 500k unmitigated damage to one shot him

Which is trivial to do with Lu Bu but thats another story for another time

KILL ME

All Joint Recitals? That might be dificcult specially since JR has no starting np... so unless you draw a great hand for wave1 you are prob stuck to a slower run.

I just yeilded and now am running a zerk with the +dmg ce. Makes life much easier for me. And +7 is still a decent enough bonus I guess :P

I'll DO this event as soon as I figure out which node I like the best.  So far, none of them have struck my fancy.  Here's hoping the last round has. . .something.

At least I'll have next Sunday to spam, and spam I'll need to.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I'll DO this event as soon as I figure out which node I like the best.

Well, what's your criteria? Past rounds cannot be accessed anymore so you only have that many days to farm certain nodes.
If you want to farm Petals the current Emperor node is pretty good for that as long as you have Chloe and a decent AoE Lancer.

---

Siegfried was probably the easiest alongside the Irish duo. NP3 Emiya annihilates him and his cannon fodder so hard with Unlimited Burger Works it's not even funny.

Medb on other hand was a fail on the 1st try but I got her at the next attempt. That infinite Charm on all males was pretty fatal because I had Waver out at first and there was no debuff clear anywhere in my team. But switching some positions did the trick.

8 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Well, what's your criteria? Past rounds cannot be accessed anymore so you only have that many days to farm certain nodes.
If you want to farm Petals the current Emperor node is pretty good for that as long as you have Chloe and a decent AoE Lancer.

My Chloe isn't leveled up (guess I'm gonna have to use a friend), but I do have Liz.

Luckily, I finished the prelims before they vanished.  Once I'm not busy, I'll re-attempt that node, but I remember NOT being happy about it!

Medb's quest cleared with Mash(Prisma Cosmos)/Proto's Assassin Shiki (White Rose)/Waver (2030) as frontline and Alexander(White Rose) as the first thing in backline with the Atlas mystic code.

Ended up abandoning the original run where I was using plugsuit because I failed to see this part in the guide I was looking at.  The real run more or less involved Mash and Waver providing Shiki with Def/Atk buffs and NP charge in Waver's case until Medb and 3 of her dudes were gone, then Mash died and Alex came out.  Shiki killed the last soldier and Alex started building NP for the Casters, once he had it up he didn't even need attack buffs to do 150k damage each.

Update: Completed the Medb challenge quest with Shuten, Carmila, Jack, Mash, Arm Hassan, and rider Kintoki on my first try. The casters gave me some problems, but I have overcame it. I gotten 5 copies of Joint Recital, to mlb it after the event. I'm on my 15th lotto box, and for a ticket I got this. My luck is shining.

Screenshot_2018-09-19-21-11-59.png

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

if i get nero, i will hoard everything until babylonia.

then it's pray for Ishtar so i can bulli her.

or quetz, or literally any SR/SSR from that banner.

Ishtar is the Xmas limited servant, with no other rate-up SR or SSR servants.  Quetz is one of the Babylonia story locks, and on the Babylonia Part 2 banner.  It is pretty much impossible to roll them from the same banner.

The Mebd CQ was the easiest for me. So far it's been the only one that I managed to clear 1st try, although I owe a lot to a support NP5 Carmilla with a MLB event CE. 

I still haven't cleared Siegfried's... Stupid Sumanai and his 90% damage down. I'm absolutely sure I can clear it with Euryale/Mash/Tamamo but it'll take forever so I won't try until the weekend.

Farming is going extremely slow as well, so far I only have done like 6 boxes. Good news is that I have like 80 apples so I'll go all in once the weekend arrives.

In retrospect, I should've planned for Scathach hitting Gil until he died in the first place. Didn't realize the NP damage down worked on back lines, so Gil ended up killing everyone until only Scathach is left.

And then she beat him to death, because she gets so many free turns with her dodge + NP stun + White Rose. Probably could've cheesed it if I brought Drake to buff Scathach instead---or Black Grail rather than White Rose, but would've been risky with Grail if I didn't OHKO.