Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Complete the Gil challenge quest on my first try with a team of Liz, Hans, Cu, Mash, Waver, and lancer Tamamo. That was a tight finish. And beat the Hassan challenge quest with Da Vinci, Hans, double Medea, Waver, and Mash on my first time also. Da Vinci was fun to use in that challenge with the damage boost ce. On to the last challenge quest.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...

The nerfed version was really disappointing, even though I played it 'properly' and left Nero for last. Cleared it in one try with a Waver/ Mash/ Jalter(Support)/ Jack/ Archer!Artoria/ Bride!Nero lineup, although I did use two command seals so I can have everyone NP during the last turn. (Technically speaking, I didn't need it---Nero 4* had her NP up, which would've wiped the team, but Artoria still had Guts from White Rose, but it let me kill Medea just before having Archer Artoria kill Nero 4*, which felt nice.)

Saw lots of strategies that might've worked for the unnerfed version---particularly since a lot of the buffs are actually removable, like the sure-hit from Ramses, meaning Jack would have no issue dodge spamming for days.

After 6 attempts I have completed  the final challenge. It used up all of my command seals but managed  with a team of Mash, Cu alter, Waver, Raikou, Hassan, and Chloe. Nero and Ozy were the biggest threats to my team due to all the buff stacking and imperial privilege.

Today I have learned an important lesson; if you are ever having trouble just use Gilgamesh.

Spoiler

I struggled quite a bit in my attempts for the final Challenge Quest.
My Arts team was put to the test 5 times; everytime I failed because either Nero just sweeps everyone or Medea kills my last Servant who I can't avoid due to having Sure hit and buff removal.

So just now I was like "whatever, let's try something stupid." The team was:

Tamamo no Mae - Prisma Cosmos - 10/10/10/NP1
Gilgamesh - Damage CE [MLB] - 7/7/7/NP1
Medea - Halloween Princess [MLB] - 10/4/10/NP5
Mash - Kaleidoscope - 10/10/10/NP2
Waver (Support) - Joint Recital [MLB] - 10/10/10/NP1
Chloe - Golden Sumo [MLB] - 4/4/4/NP5
Mystic Code was Plugsuit.

My idea was to spam Gil's NP while keeping him alive as long as possible. Tamamo, Mash and Waver are all very good doing just that with stacking defense buffs and healing. Medea was on the frontline to take on Jack's buff seal and cleanse Tamamo's with her 3rd skill. Gil can conformtably shake his' off due to having Collector and Golden Rule which don't do a lot at the beginning. The 3rd charge was taken off with Fox Wedding since I didn't need that early on either.
I managed to out Jack in 1st round with a Brave Chain from Gil while I changed out Medea for Waver. Fortunately Lancer Alter kept spamming her Mana Burst for no reason and Medea doesn't hit for much.
Gilgamesh proceeds to use his NP which surprisingly leaves all 3 alive (even Medea wtf) but Shirou falls in the same round with some additional attacks of my Casters (he had like ~2500 HP). Again, Lancer Artoria did pretty much nothing, poking at my Casters. Ozymandias came in.
My priority was now Lancer Alter since she could crit Gil to death with Shirou's buff. Fortunately she took massive damage from Enuma Elish so a simple Arts chain did the trick. I used Gandr on Ozy to stop him from spamming his AoE battery.
At this point Gilgamesh was ready for another round of world shattering which I boosted with the MC buff. Unfortunately Ozymandias managed to survive and thanks to Medea dying they all got the massive Def buff. Even worse Tamamo got a Crit to her face and dies. At least I took away 2 of Nero's Guts charges (1 with Ea, the other from his Brave Chain).
My frontline now was Mash - Gilgamesh - Waver. I used the round to eliminate Ozy with a Brave Chain from Gilgamesh. Mash covered him with her 2nd skill but Waver bit the dust due to, guess what, a crit. My Medea returned to the field.
Nero has now her NP charged (screw that double NP charge) so I immediately use Rule Breaker to remove some of her buffs while Gil depletes her last life.
To no one's surprise only Gil survives her attack, with Mash eating some normal attacks to prevent further damage on him (he was dangerously low even with Mash AND Waver's buff plus the poison damage was a thing).

But after I won. The King of Heroes promptly critted her to death, hogging all the glory for himself while Chloe did practically nothing. Didn't even use any CS (if I had any after these many failed attempts).

And with that I'm done with the Challenge quests. That was ... interesting to say the least.
Some of the fights were tough, others ... weren't. Some of the gimmicks were really easy to bypass, others definetly required more thought (like the Hassan one). The final round was probably the hardest battle I have faced so far in FGO.

Edited by The Priest

Did the rest of the CQs today.

Spoiler

1/1/1 Nitocris with only two other servants in the party—Tamamo and Medea—trashed the Hassans. Nobody even died.

Siegfried was a bit luck based, but buffstacked Lu Bu oneshot him with a single NP and cleared the adds in short order. Note to self: Do not pursue.

Medb was a complete joke. One Shiki NP did her in.

For Gil, I just have to say that the Lv 100 Cu Lancers on my FL are finally good for something.

Jeanne Alter with Martha support facerolled the Finale. My options are a bit limited since I have no dedicated AOE DPS units, but the kill order of Jack -> Amakusa -> Ozy -> Lancer Alter -> Nero -> Medea offered the path of least resistance. No CS used.

@The Priest This is probably the first CQ so far that gives AOE servants a lot of value. Gil, Nursery Rhyme, Dante, and Hokusai in the future are all terrifying options with the right supports. I’ve run Summer BB myself for a few CQs on JP, and her charge drain completely trivializes them.

On Box 47. Let’s make it to 50.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Bloody hell---this last petal node is pretty easy to 3-4 turn with a all Joint Recital setup. Except I'm done farming boxes already.

(It's the second wave Sphinx that does it---a single caster in the second wave means that Drake can just NP with Waver NP charge turn 1, crit the Sphinx to death wave 2, and have enough commands cards to spare those first 2 turns to get your other DPS to 100% NP as well, letting you NP down wave 3 with double Waver buffs + Plug Suit Attack buff.)

Ok after everything is done here are my thoughts:

Siegfried was the hardest quest for me to figure it out. Tried some DoT comps, some spam def break ones - had loads of fun. In the end, killed using Martha as a spearhead unit

Herc / Gil were solo kills.

Final was fun aswell! Took me like a good 12~13 tries until I could see all the abilities of the enemies! Winner team was Martha (rider with taunt CE) + Martha ruler + CuZilla / mash + george + Deon. Cu dropped earlier then I planned...ate a random rule breaker I wasn`t expecting :P

As for the farming, after 81 boxes I`ve managed to 9/9/9 Ozy and got a good surplus of chains (sitting at 309). Should be plenty for Quetz and maybe Nito if she ever appears.

And enough of the other materials for all my wanted units from today until we reach summer 2020 on NA so... yeah good enough! Saving the rest of the apples for maybe hunting quests or an early christmas start!

I am on box 3.  Was able to end box 2 early when I pulled everything I wanted out of it early (CE, Knight Medals, fruits).

Luckily, the final node's pretty easy for me.  MHX doesn't like casters, but she doesn't care because she's got the damage-boosting CE.  Santa Alter and a random Lancer/Gil round out the farming team.  Not the most efficient, but it's pretty funny when it works out.

I finally beat Sumanai! Turns out Saberlot+Mash+Support Tamamo is the best comp you can get after killing the dragons with an AoE archer. Euryale helped a bit to keep Sumanai in check while I charged Tamamo's/Mash's NP but her damage was pathetic this time. I'll never underestimate Damage Plus taken again. Saberlot dealt like 2k damage which is quite a lot compared to what the others do. 

For the finals, it took me two tries because I thought that Waver/Hans/whatever would cheese it. They don't (fricken Amakusa removing my buffs and dealing like 10k damage). In the end I used Xuanzang/Rider Martha/Caesar/Mash/Ruler Martha/Support Waver.

Xuanzang killed Jack and also gave debuff immunity to avoid Medea's poison, Martha did very little but her debuff removal was a life saver when Amakusa started spamming his HP minus skil. Caesar killed Lalter, Mash did help the team a bit before dying (she didn't last long but her first skill always comes in handy) and the support Waver turned out to be almost useless because Nero decided to crit him to death. Ruler Martha though...She's a fricken beast! She took Nero and Medea alone, the most impressive part was how she ate a Rule Breaker and a Laus Saint Claudius at the same time and survived! I had to use a CS to heal her afterwards but taking so much punishment and still coming out on top is sooo awesome!

- - -

For farming, I've cleared like 18 boxes. My lack of free time sucks but that's to be expected. Hopefully I'll be free for the Christmas lotto because I have like 50 apples to burn.

Edited by Alexmender

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

[âIMG]

just putting this here

"Fights for justice, not his own selfish desires"

Except in HF, where he goes from self-destructively selfless to incredibly selfish literally overnight.

This bothers me immensely tbh, and yes I'm just using this as an opportunity to complain about how much I don't like HF's Shirou because he feels way too inconsistent with UBW/Fate Shirou.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Except in HF, where he goes from self-destructively selfless to incredibly selfish literally overnight.

This bothers me immensely tbh, and yes I'm just using this as an opportunity to complain about how much I don't like HF's Shirou because he feels way too inconsistent with UBW/Fate Shirou.

Mind, HF does have the excellent Mind of Steel Shirou, who's basically Kiritsugu 2.0

If MoS!Shirou didn't exist I'd probably dislike HF a bit more, but I do like how it showed that Shirou could and would sacrifice everyone he cares about for his ideal, even if it's not the Shirou HF decided to follow.

It's just that HF followed the more, 'classic,' I guess, version of a hero who saves just the person he decided to save and to hell with everyone else. He 'gave up,' basically, because he knew he wasn't strong enough to save everyone. But he also knew that he was strong enough to save the person he cared about the most---even if it's at the cost of a bunch of people he doesn't really care about, and Saber.

Both MoS!Shirou and HF!Shirou knew he wasn't strong enough to save everyone---MoS followed Kiritsugu's logic and saved the greater at the cost of the lesser, even if he cared about the lesser more, and HF Shirou followed the more traditional hero logic of save the girl, to hell with the rest of the city/country/world.

That said, though, I do like UBW more than both Fate and HF, which are about the same. UBW is also really idealistic, like Fate, but it does cost him---yet the costs are just low enough that we still get a more or less happy ending. Basically, Fate is Happy Ending For Free, UBW is Earn Your Happy Ending, and HF is Earn Your Downer Ending. (There's also a bunch of unearned downer endings where everyone dies in HF.)

Edit: That is, I don't mind HF too much because it's not that Shirou did a 360 turn and turned into a selfish hero overnight. It's more HF happened to decide to follow the one Shirou that ended up prioritizing his own wants over his ideal. HF is probably an aberration more than the rule, to be honest, except our camera or universe lens or whatever we're using to follow the story doesn't follow 'the rule' (who's probably MoS), but the exception.

Edited by DehNutCase

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind, HF does have the excellent Mind of Steel Shirou, who's basically Kiritsugu 2.0

If MoS!Shirou didn't exist I'd probably dislike HF a bit more, but I do like how it showed that Shirou could and would sacrifice everyone he cares about for his ideal, even if it's not the Shirou HF decided to follow.

It's just that HF followed the more, 'classic,' I guess, version of a hero who saves just the person he decided to save and to hell with everyone else. He 'gave up,' basically, because he knew he wasn't strong enough to save everyone. But he also knew that he was strong enough to save the person he cared about the most---even if it's at the cost of a bunch of people he doesn't really care about, and Saber.

Both MoS!Shirou and HF!Shirou knew he wasn't strong enough to save everyone---MoS followed Kiritsugu's logic and saved the greater at the cost of the lesser, even if he cared about the lesser more, and HF Shirou followed the more traditional hero logic of save the girl, to hell with the rest of the city/country/world.

That said, though, I do like UBW more than both Fate and HF, which are about the same. UBW is also really idealistic, like Fate, but it does cost him---yet the costs are just low enough that we still get a more or less happy ending. Basically, Fate is Happy Ending For Free, UBW is Earn Your Happy Ending, and HF is Earn Your Downer Ending. (There's also a bunch of unearned downer endings where everyone dies in HF.)

Edit: That is, I don't mind HF too much because it's not that Shirou did a 360 turn and turned into a selfish hero overnight. It's more HF happened to decide to follow the one Shirou that ended up prioritizing his own wants over his ideal. HF is probably an aberration more than the rule, to be honest, except our camera or universe lens or whatever we're using to follow the story doesn't follow 'the rule' (who's probably MoS), but the exception.

I feel that there is a possibility that Shirou could be selfish, it just happens far too quickly in HF for me to really believe it.  If Shirou going from foolishly selfless to selfish happened as a gradual thing over the route, I'd probably be more okay with it as a whole.  But the current way it's written has Shirou be told "Sakura's gonna die either way, and the longer she lives the more innocent people who did nothing wrong and have nothing to do with this are gonna die" and completely changing into what might as well be a different character overnight.  Maybe have the above information spread out, "Sakura's an ill girl, she's going to die" and the abuse she suffered being information available to shape Shirou's course of action far earlier than "she'll kill everybody."

I'd definitely agree UBW Shirou is best Shirou, though.  My main issue with Fate Shirou is he comes across as pretty sexist regarding Saber, and I find him okay enough besides that.

I got damn lucky with my box drops - reset one of them after emptying slightly over half of it.  Currently grabbing the last three Knight Medals out of the final rotation that I care about.  After that, screw the challenges, I'm not motivated enough to attempt them.

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

anyone got an MLB roses drop CE on a strong lancer?

I have a Scathach at 9/10/6 with NP2 and MLB Roses.

11 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After Nerofest reduced ember gathering? The game is weird.

It's pretty unnecessary tbh. Doesn't help either that this week's Master missions are about Gems.

Finishing the NA lotto with 56 boxes cleared. Went past my initial goal of 50 which was nice.

The suffering continues on JP though. Got 53 boxes done already and nowhere near done. I pulled Sheba so all of my exp today went straight to her. I still got two more servants to grail and few more still to top off EXP for. Got so many gems and mana prisms though.

I didn't really participate in this event as much as I wanted. I fully cleared 5 lotto boxes, bought some stuff from the shop, and that's pretty much it. I didn't even attempt the super hard challenge quests. It sucks I missed out on the Lores, but it is what it is.

My phone has also been dying on me as of late. It basically needs to be plugged in and charging to even function, so that makes it somewhat difficult to play even when I do have time.