Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

21 hours ago, The Priest said:

15 tickets resulted in NP2 Goddess Rhongomyniad and 2 Vessel of the Saint.
1 10-roll after a super success on CEs gave me NP2 Bedivere and Saberlot.
... please don't lynch me.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Is there a need to max out EAM? Considering it's absurd gather rate at base just having at Lv.6 should do the trick, right? At 6 it has a cooldown of 6 turns, so it lines up with his other maxed out skills.

11 hours ago, QKumber said:

Nice haul!!!

I am not JSND but looking at the skill, the Star absorb is already strong enough for a non Zerk unit. If the mats are scarce, I would 10/6/10 him since that way the CDs would all align anyway o/

Theres literally only 3 reason

1. Smokes strats where you build his team with passive star gen so you would use EAM outside skill cycles anyway(so Kotl and KoO would have 654 CD and then at CD 321 he still crits with EAM)

2. Use KoO to prep 15 stars and then EAM next turn this puts both KoO and EAM at 5 turn timer

3. Waver 1st is a 5 turn skills so while it doesnt sync with himself it syncs with Waver

So basically theres no real reason to max it internally. 

The gather rate is overkill since as early as Level 1 yeah. Its really only there to allow you to run multiple critters by overloading the star production

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've always thought you should use quick servants with buster cards, so the Osakabehime buff makes a lot of sense.

(Quick cards simply don't get too much out of crits---if you want damage you want your busters to crit, if you want NP gain then you'd prefer the Arts card. Crits only add 20% extra star gen, which is a whopping 1 whole star with, say, Jack, which simply doesn't do much.)

It's why I like Okita's deck a lot. 2 quicks to star & NP gen, 2 busters to actually hit for damage. (It's also why I like Atalanta Alter and MHXA.)

Looks like a fast and easy shop clear this time around, mostly since I need almost nothing from here besides the Lore, Scales, and Cupcakes.

Finished Gil Fest with 109 boxes emptied, shop cleared besides lamps and statues, and all EX Matches under my belt. Got a surplus of QP and exp for Mecha Liz in the rerun going on at the moment.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Caster Liz's Halloween shop feels really nice to clear---the fact that the best drop locations for Pumpkins and Bats are limited is annoying, sure, but the regular nodes are still alright. Most of the shop being behind cupcakes, which you can use all other event currency to trade for, makes it really easy to farm (and really fast to clear if you have drop CEs for bats and pumpkins).

I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure you can grab everything except the monuments with just a week's worth of energy regen. (This is including all the CEs and Liz.)

43 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I still don't understand where are the best locations to farm pumpkins and bats. Can someone help me out?

It’s a mix of 40 AP and the daily quests.

Pick a support Little Halloween Devil whenever you do 40 AP or the Surprise Quests. You will need them for the Lore and to get Maid in Halloween to improve your bat drops. Surprise Quests give Pumpkins as a reward.

Use a support Maid in Halloween for Party Quests—the ones that give an apple when you complete them. Most of your Bat drops will come from there and can be used to buy Halloween Princess. If you didn’t get at least one copy last year, you will have to get lucky with a drop in order to MLB it. I wouldn’t recommend wasting apples trying to reset the Party Quests for a drop though; we’ll be getting a much better CE in a few months from now that is similar to HP but is better.

After buying out Bats and Pumpkins, convert them into Cupcakes to empty the Cupcake shop just about immediately. The conversion rate is greatly slanted in your favor. If you’re done with shop, you can keep doing 40 AP for free QP.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I still don't understand where are the best locations to farm pumpkins and bats. Can someone help me out?

A note on the pumpkins---the drops rates are pretty terrible even in the limited quests. (It's like 40% with 4 possible drops for the first few---although I think it gets better for the later limited quests. The 40 AP has 2 chances to drop at, I think, 40% or so---both come from the pumpkin leader.)

That said, everything they buy takes peanuts so it evens out.

Very funny...I got Angry Mango while trying to get some 3* CEs for the event (which didn't drop a single copy, as usual).

So...How much of a waste of resources would it be to level him up considering that I'm totally indifferent to him as a character so I'd only care about his gameplay performance?

7 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Very funny...I got Angry Mango while trying to get some 3* CEs for the event (which didn't drop a single copy, as usual).

So...How much of a waste of resources would it be to level him up considering that I'm totally indifferent to him as a character so I'd only care about his gameplay performance?

He has a 120% average quick up that's active 5 out of 7 turns after his strengthening---more than a year away. Right now it's only 5/8 turns, and the demerit straight up kills him. (The strengthen gives him a stackable guts, which is amazing.)

His other two skills combined come out to 'okay,' but that's fine since his third skill is kind of ridiculous.

Unfortunately, he has 8k Atk at level 100, and his NP is, franky, god awful at doing damage---although it does go through pretty much everything. If you invest truly amazing amounts of resources his ridiculous quick up will probably carry him---he looks like he scales absurdly well due to avenger's 1.1 damage mod and his personal quick up. But only to the point of 'okaish.' People like JAlter start twice as good and scale almost as well.

Also---he takes a 5* Avenger's worth of mats to skill up and ascend, just in case you thought being 0* meant budget.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

He has a 120% average quick up that's active 5 out of 7 turns after his strengthening---more than a year away. Right now it's only 5/8 turns, and the demerit straight up kills him. (The strengthen gives him a stackable guts, which is amazing.)

It's an Interlude, not a Strengthening Quest, though that just means it has story attached to the fight rather than just a series of fights.  On the other hand, it requires bond 10, and is apparently a relatively hard fight compared with most Interludes and Strengthenings.

@Alexmender He's pretty much a joke character.  Usable, but only if you're dedicated to him and build the team specifically around his gimmick.  If you don't actually care about the character, he's probably not worth the effort of trying to use.

Oh, and in addition to what DehNutCase said, upping his NP does nothing for the damage it inflicts unless you get to NP5.  NP1 through NP4 all do the same damage, unlike every other servant with a damaging NP (though he still gets the extra NP bar like normal).

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Other people have touched up on this already—as a 0* Angra is pretty useless without a team built around him.

However, he’s quite good as a neutral attacker for Arts stall teams. His 2nd skill’s attack drop is hefty and it comes with charge drain. It’s his best skill by far.

His NP is terrible except in a few niche cases where it’s amazing; enemies with massive, unremovable defense buffs can’t mitigate the damage Angra reflects back at them. This lets him trivialize one challenge quest in particular that we’ll be getting next year.

Getting Angra’s Bond leveled is very relevant as it gives him a unique Bond CE that gives him class advantage vs BEAST, and makes him eligible to buff his 3rd skill via Interlude—nice as it’s hot garbage at the moment but is somewhat usable after strengthenig.

Meanwhile for this year's JP Halloween event

Spoiler

top_banner.png

No Liz this time, but oni in oniland.  I don't know what class Shuten is suppose to be? I want to say rider or lancer. Also Sitonai is going to be on the banner, most likey being an alterego.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

30 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Hide contents

top_banner.png

No Liz this time, but oni in oniland.  I don't know what class Shuten is suppose to be? I want to say rider or lancer. Also Sitonai is going to be on the banner, most likey being an alterego.

And it requires Lostbelt 2, based on what I'm seeing on Reddit.

...my JP account is at Camelot so I guess I'm rushing 5 chapters in 5 days if I want to participate...

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Hide contents

top_banner.png

...The first thing I think of I see that image of Shuten is that the white fox thing reminds me of Kyuubei, in large part because Shuten's VA is Madoka.  Given that they've already referenced that before in-game, I'm not too certain it's a coincidence.

My weekly ticket on NA was Mordred. 

I guess this week on NA is where my luck went during JP’s zero rerun.  First Lartoria, now Mordred...

I have no exp and no qp, still haven’t even finished leveling Lartoria.  So I guess Mordred’s just gonna have to sit tight and wait a while.

Encore and Nightlong Visitors were snoozefests compared to last year. Saber Alter for Liz and Artoria Archer for Tamamo’s guests.

There’s even a Kintoki Rider solo of the Finale floating around YT. Insane.

The funny part is that Nursery Rhyme can dominate some of these earlygame CQs even harder with a Tamamo Waver comp. Really want to pull her just to see what she can do.

Anyone else back to their usual farming routine? After the last surprise quest the re-run was pretty much done, with no further apple quest spawning. It's disappointing considering the long run date.
... and yet we have to get an announcement of the actual Halloween event. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another dead week.

Been trying to catch up the story on JP due to the LB 2 requirement on Halloween 2018.

I'm on Anastasia, about halfway through it.  Making good progress.

Unfortunately node after node of JP story left me with little time to farm NA, but I've got the ascend mats, CEs, and CasLizes that I needed to NP5 her from the shop, so there's nothing I really need from NA event anyway.

I’ve been farming free quest for over a week now. Event had nothing to offer besides apples so I’ve been grinding Hyde Park for Pages. Got 43 now so I’m moving on to Seeds. I need at least 29 to ascend everyone left in my box and get JASL 10/10/10.

Missing two more items in JP shop before I go and do Lostbelt 2.

Edited by MrSmokestack

This is the second event where the time is weirdly managed (last one was fate zero accel with 3 weeks for na)

There just isn`t enough content on the rerun, so I`ve been running most dailies as usual, in the fruitless gold gem farm :P