Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Ugh.

I’ve gotten a bit stuck on Anastasia, I lack good ST riders in JP (Achilles was my main rider up to this point in JP, and he is not doing nearly enough damage), my only decent support is vanilla Mash who can’t be used (she’s forced to be her nerfed LB VR self), and she loves firing her arts up + ignore invincible before her np after you break the first gauge.  I’ve tried Jeanne supports, double herc, Maid alter support... I have no idea what to do.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54Ngf5fnieoWVV1bFNjTlJERThlcFJoWmZGMWVmakNZUVlz/view

According to this google drive leak that may or may not be legitimate, the Jallter banner will come out on the 17th. I might throw a couple single rolls on it, maybe if the Sun aligns at the right place I can get her.

10 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Ugh.

I’ve gotten a bit stuck on Anastasia, I lack good ST riders in JP (Achilles was my main rider up to this point in JP, and he is not doing nearly enough damage), my only decent support is vanilla Mash who can’t be used (she’s forced to be her nerfed LB VR self), and she loves firing her arts up + ignore invincible before her np after you break the first gauge.  I’ve tried Jeanne supports, double herc, Maid alter support... I have no idea what to do.

What level is your Achilles?

If all else fails, Ozymandias and Kintoki Rider can shred that fight pretty easily. Ozy in particular can lock her NP and melt her with Imperial Privilege and Defense Downs while taking minimal damage himself. I have not seen any Ozy solos specifically (though he was my support of choice for her) but there is at least one with Kintoki Rider. Level Hans so you have some sustain as well.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

What level is your Achilles?

If all else fails, Ozymandias and Kintoki Rider can shred that fight pretty easily. Ozy in particular can lock her NP and melt her with Imperial Privilege and Defense Downs while taking minimal damage himself. I have not seen any Ozy solos specifically (though he was my support of choice for her) but there is at least one with Kintoki Rider. Level Hans so you have some sustain as well.

Achilles is 90 and 7/4/4, not fou’d though.  Hans is mostly leveled, currently in gear hell so stuck at level 55.

There’s a np3 ozy on my support list, only catch is he’s got a Mona Lisa so his ce slot is basically a dud.  I guess I can try, dunno how effective it’ll be though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Probs gonna spend a lot of my quartz on the JAlter banner. (Not sure if I'd spend all of it, but I'm definitely doing at least one 10-roll.)

She's pretty hard to fit into my teams, though, since Nero!Bride is so much better for Archer Artoria even with the longer CD on her Atk up---since targeted Golden Rule is obscene with Artoria's refill. (It also helps that 50% stargen on the Atk up means even an Arts NP will rain stars.) Well, we'll see.

Several Servants got a buff.
Cleopatra gets her NP Interlude and her NP now applies buff block for 1 time. That's pretty cool since her NP is AOE.
Yan Qing's 2nd skill received a massive buff, having now an additional Quick Up and Crit Dmg Up. Depending how high the numbers are this could break him.

---

Btw. we are now officially lagging a week behind the JP schedule. I really want to know how we got to that point despite our head start.

Welp, finished with the Halloween rerun. I managed to clear out the shop, skipping monuments and pieces. I am a little saddened because I didn't get another Halloween Princess drop so I can have 2 MLB versions, but that is how it goes I suppose. (I also just noticed I haven't posted here for nearly 3 weeks. There's just not much for me to comment about, I guess.)
- - - - - - - - - -
It's about time the increased success rates appeared! I've been holding onto my EXP cards, even the CE Exp cards from the Prillya event. I managed to level up several of my servants. Heracles is now 85 from 80, Kerry is maxed out, and I leveled up Nursery Rhyme, Rider Mordred, and EMIYA. I also managed to get my Halloween Princess CE up to level 86 from 81. Don't know if trying to max out a CE is worthwhile, but I'm doing it anyway.

In other news, I got Bond 10 with Tamamo Cat. She was my starter 4* Servant and is the 2nd Servant to reach Bond 10 (first was Saint George). Heracles is gonna be Bond 10 as well real soon, so if I ever have problems I can always throw Heracles at it and see how that goes.

For summons, I tossed some tickets in the Halloween banner, got nothing of note. Tossed one into the Jalter banner and got myself a Rama. I'm still gonna sit on my Quartz cache for Ishtar and Merlin, as I already got myself a Jalter. I may end up spending tickets in an attempt to get Jalter merges though...

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs

It's been a long while since I last posted this, so here it is! The Serenes FGO Friend Code ID List! // Update: Now includes JP Friend Codes for those who like to play the JP Version.

Spoiler

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

Note that I (Sire) do not play the JP version, so I will not know the in game names.

[UPDATE LOG - October 22nd, 2018]
-- Added JP Friend Codes (Glaceon Mage)

Active Members (NA)
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
The Priest  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Mister Rogers - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
Scoot -  999,540,146 (Nat)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)
LuxSpes -  292,726,441 (Lux)
Troykv - 370,389,828 (Micky) Note: Please notify Troykv if adding as a friend in FGO.

Friends List Capped (NA)
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

Inactive Members (NA)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)

JP IDs
Glaceon Mage -  278 184 018 // Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.

Edited by Sire
Updated List

21 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

If I recall correctly, we’ve been behind schedule for quite a while now. Not like that bothers me or anything. Just finished LB2 right as school was starting to pick up again.

We got the Halloween re-run a week earlier than JP and so far NA alwys got the events at least a week earlier (strictly based on the dates).
Most of our lead got lost because of their tendency to introduce dead weeks but this is the first time we actually start lagging behind the JP schedule. It shows how many dead weeks we have gotten and it is just plain bad at this point.
Makes you wonder why we couldn't get these breaks between the event marathon back in Summer.

Of course you're not bothered, you defected to the JP version, zasshu.

---

Yan Qing's 2nd skill, Doppelgänger, now gives 30% Quick Up, Crit Dmg Up and Star Gen Up. Pretty spicy if you ask me (before it only gave the Star Gen buff which was horrible) though they could have made it a bit more spicier imo (like 50% Crit Dmg Up and Star Gen Up). Still, it goes a long way for his lacking damage output.

.... meanwhile Arjuna cries in a corner with his Clairvoyance. Man, they really screwed up his buff.

EDIT:
God I need so much QP right now. I can't even level up Saberlot anymore. *cries*

Edited by The Priest

I haven't posted here since I first started playing the game so I'll post a little overview of my time with the game.

-My luck with my first few pulls in terms of SR+s allowed me to blaze through the first few singularities, especially after I got Jack from the anniversary gacha and managed to get Da Vinci from her banner a short while latter. I stalled at Camelot since I didn't have enough resources to get any of my SRs and SSRs to a high enough level, only going far enough to unlock the chain grinding spot (since Nito and Ozy required them).

-The summer and Prisma event went well and both of their SR servants were appreciated, especially Chloe since I didn't have a SR Archer.

-Nero event was a godsend with its lottery since it allowed me to 4th ascencion and even hit level cap with several servants, finally giving me more options to tackle harder content, though I still wasn't able to beat any challenge quests except for the one against Siegfried.

-From there, I was finally confident enough in my teams to complete Camelot (Stheno and Euryale really helped against Galahad).

-School made it so I couldn't spend as much time on Halloween, but I was still able to empty the shop and MLB Halloween Princess as well as snagging two Little Halloween Devil.

Which brings me to today where I decided to do a 10-pull of the Jalter banner. I honestly was expecting nothing so I was quite shocked when this was the result :

Spoiler

5tYsjgTajFO0WvqBcyFDWyBeXXnUly-3X-_nIZ9ftKIJJNcuIwj1fCFlFoaV3a-yjmGC4GCaF-1auyFXETavbjEYjADsZDk3O7NPr5N3JazLarCr3t8ZtLiKhVJavFh6L826nIBa0lAXtVkwgpPs_5sZkkvigf2nJtIgzjfKMHqa5z8SssQrKcxv5gTbLE2MwLi5V34EExpkuToZd5QipyIayE45bE0TdVd2Xuwu7FqoG_3HI335DaFgWRn6MRucGuvV0BllzuyRJ59wPOxCSZewEt7YENXBPSPA35FxsMkvgl-MAlbGwyR8V9zq25cCMPn1j-cYPGCSep6-ADT0k_Bm1qGMFwsiYplcdsCzc9BNKM0piHVDqMp2MRUF17wgGvTCb14NqNov3UjGm-s_7DVMiAxpjHKzHR2PoOGcMnfaRIUqS2DwdlDfNH5IOFyNGt8lsaWnNLc8lsyqO1J92igcFo11HHx5cFIvF30BQe-LCtDcuur1hCeSQzV0eENKBmIKd4cgVRqIC8O7af7R-tFj-SHzvSp9ZBA0_HAntpaGyEMAvlybubmcIgh4DkU3_7qWMg_TzYZ5wQQftds1YdxAukSWT_n_igryZAe-VFBPbH4O5raqzcVKnu40IxY=w1608-h904-no

So as far as my pull history for SR servants is concerned I have :

Carmilla
NP3 Stheno
NP4 Nitocris
Ozymandias
Jack the Ripper
Da Vinci
NP2 Jalter

For some reason, my only spook have been copies of SRs I already have. I'm glad for more Nitocris, but I'd probably would have burned the 2 Sthenos if I had known Rare prisms were a thing. It's also kind of funny how all my pulled SRs bar Jalter have been from the cavalry classes minus Berserkers. At least, I have usable 3* units for the knights and berserkers, with Bedivere, Euryale, Chloe, Cu and Kiyohime. Also, finally maxing Mash by completing Camelot really boosted her effectiveness. 

I also managed to build a decent pool of good craft essences so I should be set for a while.

After several attempts to get Jalter from the banner instead I got

• np2 Lancelot both versions
  • np4 Martha
  • Imaginary Around
  • Prisma Comos
  • Volumen Hydrargyrum
  • got the final copy to mlb Steel Training, Maiden of Love, and Gem Magecraft

I'm say that's better than getting her, back to saving.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

9 hours ago, The Priest said:

We got the Halloween re-run a week earlier than JP and so far NA alwys got the events at least a week earlier (strictly based on the dates).
Most of our lead got lost because of their tendency to introduce dead weeks but this is the first time we actually start lagging behind the JP schedule. It shows how many dead weeks we have gotten and it is just plain bad at this point.

Of course you're not bothered, you defected to the JP version, zasshu.

I remember reading complaints about falling behind as early as April, but I could just be misremembering.

I’m very active in both NA and JP, though. Dead weeks keep me from getting burnt out, so I welcome them. Grinding 55 boxes in NA only to grind another 110 in JP is just...yeah. I don’t talk about NA as much now since there hasn’t been much of note since Summer, other than Nero Fest.

After I finish grinding these last five seeds, I’ll need another six dragon fangs to get Artoria Archer 10/10/10 before the end of the year. If all goes well, every servant in my box will be max level during Christmas.

Servant Wishlist:

Spoiler

Nursery Rhyme- Christmas Rerun

Mysterious Heroine X (Alter)- Valentine’s Rerun

Altria Pendragon (Rider Alter)- Summer 2019

There’s also needing GUDAGUDA Poster Girl from the rerun, so I may get Okita as well. Melt and Hokusai are high priority if I don’t get them in JP though.

So, more info on JP Halloween event, gotta prepare the lolis and the shotas.

and Da Vinci.

I wish I had time to raise up Alex and KoGil on JP, but there’s not much I can really do since I’m still working on rushing Gotterdanmerung.  At least I’ll bathe in FP for the grailed max skill Alex when NA gets this, he’s the only rider bonus.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Does anyone know, if this game isn't compatible with android?

I installed the app (with qoo app for not being from NA).

But when I click on the app symbol, it doesn't open automatically. I always get asked, if I want to open the game with my standard e-mail programm or with gmail. If I click on either, I always get some long error message code.

Edit: It works now! Just had set sth on my phone to make this game open.

I can join the club now, I guess.

Edited by Necrofantasia

Spoiler

LQ8CWvm.png

And done with LB2.

Overall:

Spoiler

Surtr is probably the hardest thing in LB2.  The extra damage vs Divine is just painful, considering Chiron is my main archer, and you're forced into a story support who's also Divine.

I had some trouble with the Valkyries, but that's really less a matter of them being difficult and more a matter of I don't have any good sabers...  Diarmuid y u deny me ;~;

Biggest hurdle in Anastasia was probably Anastasia herself.  Ignore Invincible is an annoying status.  Anastasia's tree was also annoying for more or less the same reason.  Gotterdanmerung's tree was actually easier than Anastasia's imo, just because unlike Anastasia's tree it lacks any ignore invincible.

9 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LQ8CWvm.png

And done with LB2.

Overall:

Reveal hidden contents

Surtr is probably the hardest thing in LB2.  The extra damage vs Divine is just painful, considering Chiron is my main archer, and you're forced into a story support who's also Divine.

I had some trouble with the Valkyries, but that's really less a matter of them being difficult and more a matter of I don't have any good sabers...  Diarmuid y u deny me ;~;

Biggest hurdle in Anastasia was probably Anastasia herself.  Ignore Invincible is an annoying status.  Anastasia's tree was also annoying for more or less the same reason.  Gotterdanmerung's tree was actually easier than Anastasia's imo, just because unlike Anastasia's tree it lacks any ignore invincible.

@Necrofantasiaglad to have you on board! What server are you playing on?

Does Surt do extra damage to Divine servants? I used Chiron as well and didn’t really notice a difference in damage on him compared to my other archers.

I used Summer BB a ton, and most of the trash mobs kept going after her because of her Divine trait.

I didn’t find either LB particularly difficult other than the tree at the end of LB1, yeah. LB2 made me appreciate VR Mashu more, and the forced supports were at least helpful and you could build a team around them.

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

North America

Friendcode

Spoiler

However I won't have the opportunity to play much (mainly on weekends).

The first impression is quite promising. The menu and summoning system reminds me on Tales of the Rays. 

If I got used on the battle system (which I didn't quite get yet), it should be fun.

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Does Surt do extra damage to Divine servants? I used Chiron as well and didn’t really notice a difference in damage on him compared to my other archers.

I used Summer BB a ton, and most of the trash mobs kept going after her because of her Divine trait.

I didn’t find either LB particularly difficult other than the tree at the end of LB1, yeah. LB2 made me appreciate VR Mashu more, and the forced supports were at least helpful and you could build a team around them.

According to the Wikia he does, maybe whoever wrote that was wrong and placebo effect got me though.  He did seem to be doing more to my Chiron than my Amakusa, though.

VR Mash's only real use feels like baiting out ST NPs, which regular Mash could do too... I really don't like her.  I imagine she'll get strengthened down the line, like regular Mash, and we'll see if she gets better.  Maybe for Camelot lostbelt.  For now though, I'll just suffer without the defense buffs her old first skill had ;~;.  

Edit: Also my JP fc is 278 184 018, for those that might want it.

5 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

North America

Friendcode

Hide contents

However I won't have the opportunity to play much (mainly on weekends).

The first impression is quite promising. The menu and summoning system reminds me on Tales of the Rays. 

If I got used on the battle system (which I didn't quite get yet), it should be fun.

@Sire

Edited by Glaceon Mage

10 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

With well over a year’s experience playing this game, I can safely say it’s easy to learn but difficult to master. For me, the fun comes from trying different units and seeing how they work together.

If you’re looking to catch up, pretty much all of the singularities available at the moment can be soloed with a friend’s Cu Alter. I’d recommend doing story as soon as you can so you don’t get locked out of events later this year.

5 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

VR Mash's only real use feels like baiting out ST NPs, which regular Mash could do too... I really don't like her.  I imagine she'll get strengthened down the line, like regular Mash, and we'll see if she gets better.  Maybe for Camelot lostbelt.  For now though, I'll just suffer without the defense buffs her old first skill had ;~;.  

VR Mashu isn’t great, don’t get me wrong. But I didn’t find her to be dead weight for any fights she was forced into. At worst, she’s 0 cost fodder so you can field bigger units. A unit like that is rarely going to be completely useless. Two taunts in one kit is situational at best, but still nice to have. Until other units come along that do it better anyway.

35 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

With well over a year’s experience playing this game, I can safely say it’s easy to learn but difficult to master. For me, the fun comes from trying different units and seeing how they work together.

If you’re looking to catch up, pretty much all of the singularities available at the moment can be soloed with a friend’s Cu Alter. I’d recommend doing story as soon as you can so you don’t get locked out of events later this year.

VR Mashu isn’t great, don’t get me wrong. But I didn’t find her to be dead weight for any fights she was forced into. At worst, she’s 0 cost fodder so you can field bigger units. A unit like that is rarely going to be completely useless. Two taunts in one kit is situational at best, but still nice to have. Until other units come along that do it better anyway.

Yeah, I still used her for the 0 cost and the baiting, since when there were st np things to fight her third skill was quite useful even if the rest of her kit is a downgrade.  

I do feel that some of the fights (read Surtr) would have been less difficult with og Mash available, though.

23 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

North America - Friendcode

Reveal hidden contents

Not showing up as valid on my end. The number I have is: 025,447,771

17 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Edit: Also my JP fc is 278 184 018, for those that might want it.

Since I started making a JP ID list, I added yours to it. I asked if anyone wanted me to upkeep a list in the past and no one said anything, so I guess I'll try anyway even though I don't play JP.

As for me, I probably will not be able to play FGO as much since my phone is literally tearing itself apart. Not sure how it started wearing down so heavily, but it is rather old and could use a replacement. I'll continue to monitor the topic and upkeep the friend list though.

13 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, I still used her for the 0 cost and the baiting, since when there were st np things to fight her third skill was quite useful even if the rest of her kit is a downgrade.  

I do feel that some of the fights (read Surtr) would have been less difficult with og Mash available, though.

Given how good regular Mash is, VR Mash clearly exist to handicap the player, I agree

Until she gets buffed, anyway.

Galahad as a servant when?