Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

12 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Alter Ego

Alter Ego seems like a class that’s better for newer players than older ones. I’d say Berserker is better but AEs don’t have their health cut in half when facing any enemy.

I’ve barely used Okitan recently despite needing her for a lot of heavy lifting early on in JP. Having dedicated damage dealers in each class is just more optimal, something that more established players are more likely to have.

Sitonai seems even less useful because AOE AEs at least make more sense for mixed nodes; versus a single enemy there’s always a better option. Even so, Sito is Arts and Okitan isn’t, so I’ll find a way to use her. Sito’s actual performance as a servant, fortunately, is quite good; I’ve been able to NP twice in three turn intervals, often back to back, with the usual supports. Her class is just bad for her.

Reveal hidden contents

On the other hand there is no real reason to make her a High-Servant, right? The Sakura Five were one thing but Sitonai doesn't really a reason aside from the Freyja part in her which ties her to LB2. Aside from that she seems 90% based on Ainu mythology only (her skills and looks primarily).
Then again I can only read a limited amount of moon runes so who do I know?

Spoiler

There is. Going by the literal definition, Sito can be a High Servant because she’s a composite of multiple (in this case three) divine spirits. Sitonai resembles Illya the most in appearance and personality so she is the dominant one.

Btw. this event seems awfully grindy. CEs are really expensive based on the drop ratios and we don't get the highest nodes until we finish the main story. Does anyone know when the finale is unlocked?

Should be in the next two days or so. The main quest is split into five parts; if I’m not wrong, part three should be in a few hours.

I’m farming forest 40 AP since that is the only node that drops the 5* shop CE right now, and you need a drop to limit break it. If you have no event bonus, there is a node that opens up after the main quest where you can farm all three materials. You only need that CE for it; the rest in shop can be ignored.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Was so excited when I pulled my first five star unit yesterday (Orion).
But this joy stopped when I saw that I couldn't add her to my team.
So stamina also exists for my party formation. 
I don't know what to think about it...

It's kinda annoying early, but after a certain point your main worry would be during events that have a lot of 5* bonus CEs 

It's also a reason to use Mash, because she takes 0 party cost and thus can fit into any composition.  

I actually like the drop design on the US Halloween (2016 JAP) a lot.

The early nodes are worse than the ones we're waiting for---particularly the pyramid one, if all you care is absolute number of drops rather than a specific type---but the story quests have lots of dudes that drop 5 each. Meaning if you farmed the early, crappier nodes, but got the shop CEs, you end up making back a lot of the inefficiency of farming subpar nodes from making the story quests pretty bonkers.

(You could also just wait until your friends have a MLB shop CE, of course.)

Finished the main quest of the event and I really liked the silly tone of the whole story. And as someone with all the pharaoh servants, the ending of the event was especially entertaining.

I barely touched the Nerofest challenge quests, but the ones for this event are much more manageable and I'm already halfway through them

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Oh. . .oh my. . .that event ending. . .ahem. . .

I FINALLY HAVE A CASTER THAT'S ABOVE 3* THAT ISN'T LIZ!  Nitocris is awesome.  That is all.

Congrats on getting Nitocris. I've had her since I started and she's a god send for farming. Nuking 2 waves of enemies with back to back NP greatly speeds-up grinding nodes with weak enemies.

On 29.10.2018 at 8:44 AM, eclipse said:

Oh. . .oh my. . .that event ending. . .ahem. . .

I FINALLY HAVE A CASTER THAT'S ABOVE 3* THAT ISN'T LIZ!  Nitocris is awesome.  That is all.

Enjoy your instant-death AoE clear. Probably one of the better users for that niche tbh.
You still don't have Fionn though. What's up with that?

13 hours ago, The Priest said:

Enjoy your instant-death AoE clear. Probably one of the better users for that niche tbh.
You still don't have Fionn though. What's up with that?

Hey, AoE spam works in this game, too~!

I think Fionn KNOWS what I will do to him, and is rightfully scared.

For the Halloween event I have completed all of the challenge quests easy due to the buffs the event items give. Next is the clear out most of the shop, I need some of those materials. Meanwhile on JP Halloween:

Spoiler

1540968910638.jpg

I want Oni Liz. Slowing turning into Carmilla.

Sigh... when I have the stamina to have access to a full party?

I'm doing the quest where Robin Hood joins. He's useless for the most part because of class disadvantage. I have no class advantage against axes which ruins me everything in the second battle of the quest. I had to feed experience to (my  usafe) Elisabeth already to have a chance beating the first battle.

Edit: I could beat it by spending almost all my experience cards in Elisabeth. Hopefully I won't regret it...

Edited by Necrofantasia

9 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Sigh... when I have the stamina to have access to a full party?

I'm doing the quest where Robin Hood joins. He's useless for the most part because of class disadvantage. I have no class advantage against axes which ruins me everything in the second battle of the quest. I had to feed experience to (my  usafe) Elisabeth already to have a chance beating the first battle.

Edit: I could beat it by spending almost all my experience cards in Elisabeth. Hopefully I won't regret it...

Cost is always a limiting factor for team building.  It's one of the things limiting people from just throwing 5 star everything into a team and steamrolling.  As I don't know what servants you have (so I don't know what you'd consider a full party) or what level you're at, I'm just going to link the Master Level chart and you can look it up (NA currently only goes to 130):  https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Level

Do make sure you're rolling in the Friend Point Gacha for 3 star servants and below.  The servants there are cheap to field, and some are very useful.  It'll also help you to fill out your counter-classes (to a degree).  If you find the event too difficult, you can always take a break from it and farm XP cards in the dailies to level your servants.

Regarding your thoughts on Robin, a lot of the time the Story support (the blue highlighted support that gives 200 FP) will often be a poor pick for the chapter.  Not always, but they're usually underleveled and weaker than just picking a Friend support.

6 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Regarding your thoughts on Robin, a lot of the time the Story support (the blue highlighted support that gives 200 FP) will often be a poor pick for the chapter.  Not always, but they're usually underleveled and weaker than just picking a Friend support.

Some maps are story support only---which I imagine are the maps she has the biggest problems with.

@Necrofantasia I've personally never had cost problems---5* + 5* + Mash/Friend Support is unlocked at level 6 or something. Because the front line is only 3 servants, and a steamroll doesn't have you losing servants, I started off focusing on 2 DPS to max level ASAP. (Don't use CEs at all if cost is a big issue---servants are a lot stronger than CEs, even the 'value' ones like MLB Ley Lines.)

I also wouldn't focus too much on the combat triangle, get a strong core of 1 or 2 servants to max level and at least level 6 skills first.

Drake + Jack at max level, for instance, is miles better than Drake + Jack + Da Vinci + Nero + Gil + Scathach all at level 50 or 60. Triangle advantage is only an effective x2 to hp and x2 to Atk, which isn't worth losing 40 levels of stats for. (Since 40 levels of stats is about a 80% stat increase anyway.)

Edit: And I hope you know the 40 AP exp daily quests are repeatable more than once a day, and drop like 8 gold exp cards. (Do those to level up your servants if you have any problems that can be solved by just leveling up your team.)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Some maps are story support only---which I imagine are the maps she has the biggest problems with.

Strictly speaking, that doesn't actually change what I said, it just removes the option of picking a Friend Support.  The Story Support will still often be a bad fit for the quest, you just don't have a choice to forgo it.  I did forget to mention that though.

...We should probably mention that you can move the Support Servant slot to the back line by hitting the 'Line Up' button at the bottom of the party screen, and then dragging the servant slots around to reorder them, since it's not really obvious.  Only helps if you can field a full front line of 3 servants, but still worth mentioning.

@YotsuMaboroshi
@DehNutCase
Thanks for the advices!

I used the free battles to grind my team by trading bags into exp. cards.

Now I just have to do a few free battles on highest mode and the final battle of the Halloween story.
Honestly I'm really worried.
Mash and Elisabeth are level 30 now, but I doubt it'll be enough. 
My other units are completly untrained due to lack of exp. cards.

Edit: Made Eli become level 40 to give her a dragon orb. I should be fine now.

Edited by Necrofantasia

Beaten Halloween story and got my (first) Brave Elisabeth.

The final battle was tough, but could somehow beat it without reviving with only Vlad left only. Cleopatra was taken down in the very first turn by Nitokris, but the other two were problematic to me, especially Tristan. His sure hit special skill could oneshot my evade Nitokris unfortunately, so I thought I was doomed. But thankfully untrained Vlad for havind class advantage could manage him and saved the day.

Now I have to get more copies of her although I don't know the requirements. The "only females" quests sound tough. Still have to beat all the ones in demonic difficulty.

This game really keeps me busy!

JP also gets another Bond 5* CE that grants a higher bond bonus for your friends (apparently surpassing Lunchtime).
That free Munenori though.

---

Meanwhile NA gets some filler. Hunting Quests are returning after Halloween with the KotRT banner accompanying it.
Compared to JP the banner rotates though I'm not too fond how they chose their schedule (RIP Berserkerlot) but it's more likely to get a specific 4* than before (3 opposed to all 7).

Also we get more Interludes, including Nitocris' (rejoice @LuxSpes ), Kid Gil's, Altera's and Gilgamesh's freaking 3rd?!
Like is there any other Servant that has more Interludes than this bastard?

Edited by The Priest