Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Time the Crestfallen said:

:laughs in having Skadi and Merlin:

But you don’t have Tamamo for the Gorgon NP refill memes. :^)

Ended up picking Yagyu. Got him and Circe max level already. Now I shall wait patiently for my Parvati spook.

Yagyu at non 10 skills isn’t completely busted—just mostly busted. Been running him with 2030 BB and Prisma Tamamo; I don’t have any 2030 10/10/10 Tamamos in support.

19 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Unless I missed something, units have not been released out of order. Not saying they wouldn’t do it, but I find it unlikely.

Then again, they just pulled this bulls*** off.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/9v6w0h/psa_roundtable_banner_doesnt_guarantee_you_will/

Guess I’m not rolling now.

Maybe I'm wrong with this but wasn't Da Vinci registered way before she was playable? She was a Support during her event but only became available after the Anniversary.

Uff, at least this will save my Tickets and potential SQ.

10 hours ago, Time the Crestfallen said:

Came back after a long hiatus

Btw. where are those 1000 words essays you once promised.

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Maybe I'm wrong with this but wasn't Da Vinci registered way before she was playable? She was a Support during her event but only became available after the Anniversary.

Story Supports don’t count, I think. King Hassan and Merlin were both story supports in Babylonia before becoming playable.

And either way, Da Vinci is Servant #127, being followed by Tamamo Lancer.

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Btw. where are those 1000 words essays you once promised.

Just look up Rabbit’s Reviews on Gfaqs

Specifically the most recent one

On 9.11.2018 at 6:16 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Story Supports don’t count, I think. King Hassan and Merlin were both story supports in Babylonia before becoming playable.

And either way, Da Vinci is Servant #127, being followed by Tamamo Lancer.

My point is she was registered as #127 by that time, right? I don't remember if by that time we already saw the entries for the other Servants (like Zero, Go West and Onigashima).
Hassan and Merlin are different because their skillsets are different from their regular counterparts.

On 9.11.2018 at 6:16 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Just look up Rabbit’s Reviews on Gfaqs

*unblocks gamefaqs*
Alrights, let's-
*immediately blocks gamefaqs again*
Your cheeky bastard.

Edited by The Priest

nice

this is a godlike event just in case anyone forget, the box itself have more payoff than any subsequent boxes, and it have Seeds in shop. Limited Box didn't stop it from being really good

.......Also a chance for veteran to flex over 50 AP

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

Well, at least the dream died early?
That means ... Christmas 2018 is upon us soon.
*drops dead*

There's still a chance we'll get Babylonia between X Mas events, seems really unlikely though.

Suppose it hinges on if they want guaranteed at Thanksgiving again, or if they're moving it back to New Years.  If the former, we'll probably get Babylonia before Ishtarin, if the latter, we'll stick to the JP schedule.    

Personally, I hope for the latter so I can ask people for gacha money for Christmas.  Master plan.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

5 hours ago, The Priest said:

*unblocks gamefaqs*
Alrights, let's-
*immediately blocks gamefags again*
Your cheeky bastard.

HA you got Jebaited!

And now I am feeling sad... Christmas so early means I`ll have to wait even longer for best rider godess to grace my home! C'est la vie I guess

11 hours ago, The Priest said:

My point is she was registered as #127 by that time, right? I don't remember if by that time we already saw the entries for the other Servants (like Zero, Go West and Onigashima).
Hassan and Merlin are different because their skillsets are different from their regular counterparts.

Oh. I have no idea then.

I’m unfamiliar with KH being different from his playable appearance because

Spoiler

The BEAST Lahmu on the node you can use him on have increased IK rates. Is there anything different in his kit not related to his IK mechanic?

Besides that, Merlin’s NP has healing on use on top of the 5 turns of healing it already gives. Not a huge change though you cheese the already easy final fight even harder

Just use story support Gilgamesh. He’s more OP than both of them surprisingly.

*unblocks gamefaqs*
Alrights, let's-
*immediately blocks gamefags again*
Your cheeky bastard.

I’m Internet famous now.

Also you might want to edit your post. Your seeming intense dislike of gfaqs appears to be showing itself a little.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Thanks yolos I expected nothing from

Spoiler

IH7sl2A.png

I now have every permanent 5* Saber on NA.  I am also now in Saber gem hell to an even greater extent than before.  Come on Christmas!  I need Gems for Artoria and Mordred!

Picked Diarmuid on JP ticket.  gated by pieces.  RIP.

They announced that 4* ticket right after I spent all my Knight medals getting one of Sieg's skills to 10 too...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

36 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Thanks yolos I expected nothing from

Reveal hidden contents

IH7sl2A.png

I now have every permanent 5* Saber on NA.  I am also now in Saber gem hell to an even greater extent than before.  Come on Christmas!  I need Gems for Artoria and Mordred!

Picked Diarmuid on JP ticket.  gated by pieces.  RIP.

They announced that 4* ticket right after I spent all my Knight medals getting one of Sieg's skills to 10 too...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Diarmuid's my sixth favorite Fate character.  I really like the guy.

You know sometime i wonder what a guy whose favorite is Diarmuid would looks like when they react to Dia's absolutely asinine mats requirement

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You know sometime i wonder what a guy whose favorite is Diarmuid would looks like when they react to Dia's absolutely asinine mats requirement

"I guess I'm farming Knight medals now"

Or with the Lancer version on NA:

"I hate dust"

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Or with the Lancer version on NA:

"I hate dust"

Its actually lesst that and how he need 100 Proofs, 144 Stinger, and 180 Stakes to max his skill. Its easilly one of the worst mats around, although maybe not as dumb as Altera

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its actually lesst that and how he need 100 Proofs, 144 Stinger, and 180 Stakes to max his skill. Its easilly one of the worst mats around, although maybe not as dumb as Altera

Proofs I've got covered, my pockets are exploding with them from Gilfest still.  Or was it something else?  Either way I have like 300 of them.

Stingers and Stakes though... Chiron already ate most of my stingers (he's eaten like 100, I suppose Mind's Eye has to wait).  I haven't had the chance to obtain many Stakes at all yet.

Fingers crossed this year's Christmas lotto has them, I guess.  I need to farm it like crazy anyway, for EXP for CasShuten, Diarmuid, Iri, Ibaraki, Edison, Santatera, whoever new Santa is, and Atalante...

19 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m Internet famous now.

Also you might want to edit your post. Your seeming intense dislike of gfaqs appears to be showing itself a little.

It was a joke.
I read rabbits or zilong's review time to time, especially for some of the more obscure Servants.

Guess I will see you again when you do Rider Alter's review.

On 9.11.2018 at 11:55 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

There's still a chance we'll get Babylonia between X Mas events, seems really unlikely though.

Suppose it hinges on if they want guaranteed at Thanksgiving again, or if they're moving it back to New Years.  If the former, we'll probably get Babylonia before Ishtarin, if the latter, we'll stick to the JP schedule.    

Personally, I hope for the latter so I can ask people for gacha money for Christmas.  Master plan.

I'm curious, will NA celebrate Thanksgiving? If it is not GSSR, what could they do?

5 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I'm curious, will NA celebrate Thanksgiving? If it is not GSSR, what could they do?

They could maybe rebrand the Amakusa gacha that goes with Ishtarin's event.  Either that or Babylonia + GSSR.  

Personally, though, I doubt they'll do anything.

11 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The hardest Pyramid node from Halloween 2016 (2018 US) was pretty amazing for medals. I think I averaged 2 per run. Which is funny because the only person I cared about who wanted medals was Archer!Artoria, and she only needed 30, IRRC, so I'm just sitting on a pile.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The hardest Pyramid node from Halloween 2016 (2018 US) was pretty amazing for medals. I think I averaged 2 per run. Which is funny because the only person I cared about who wanted medals was Archer!Artoria, and she only needed 30, IRRC, so I'm just sitting on a pile.

...But I'm medal starved in JP...  We were discussing Saber Diarmuid, so I thought that was obvious.

Well, I suppose Lartoria wants them on my NA account, and I did farm that node plenty trying (and failing) to get a CE drop.  

Haven't made a post here in while, then again there hasn't really been a lot to talk about in term of events (the Halloween re-run was fun, although RL ensured that I was unable to clear the shop). 

On the gacha side I got Vlad Extra and Salter, both from tickets. I don't know if I'll level Vlad anytime soon because I already have quite a few ST Lancers, although with him being super tanky I'll consider it if I ever get an excess of EXP cards. Salter is extremely welcome because I seriously needed a better AoE Saber than Fergus (who is eternally stuck at NP3 for some reason).

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

...But I'm medal starved in JP...  We were discussing Saber Diarmuid, so I thought that was obvious.

Well, I suppose Lartoria wants them on my NA account, and I did farm that node plenty trying (and failing) to get a CE drop.  

Clearly the solution was to time travel back a year and farm that node during the rerun. (Or even better, time travel back 2 years and farm 2016 Nero Fest.)

A lot of people prefer Christmas to Nero Fest but honestly I feel like Nero Fest is a bit better since you open more boxes on Nero Fest compared to Christmas. (The 40 AP node drops ~14 stacks of petals. I'm not 100% sure on Christmas since I can't find a drop sheet for it, but I think it gives ~12 stacks of socks, and it costs 800 socks to open a full box compared to 600 petals for Nero Fest. Which means you open about 50% more boxes during Nero Fest compared to Christmas for the same amount of AP.)

One of the guys on my FL farmed hard enough to get like 5 copies of MLB joint recital---so he's probably sitting on a pile of a thousand medals or so.

...Which might be why DW made a lot of the medal eating servants eat ~100 medals. Since they expect you to have a ton just lying around.

In exchange of the increased size you get those class gems which are otherwise tedious to farm. Especially Gold Gems are an annoying restriction for anyone who has multiple SSRs and even Red Gems are needed in copious amounts.