Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Only 4k socks to go before I’m done with the event. Cleared everything in the shop already.

I don’t think I’ve been this bored with the game in a long time. Feels like limbo.

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Guess who else is farming medals again?

This guy

Screenshot_20181118-160929_Fate_GO.jpg

Now use your free rare prism to farm QP for Saberlot.

16 hours ago, The Priest said:

It also makes him NP gain go up from "terrible" to "Saber standards) which is an important change as well.

Is that the only time a servant’s internals have been buffed in an interlude? Most internal adjustments are done via maintenance.

16 hours ago, The Priest said:

It's strange that DW didn't think of buffing him. He is one of the oldest Berserkers and aside from damage he doesn't do much. Post-buff Vlad or Cu Alter are so much better bringing in other utilities while being more durable.

Kintoki is in an odd spot. He’s already the hardest-hitting berserker in the game, but in practice he’s on the lower end for gold berserkers. Buffing him without making him ridiculous seems hard.

Just make him Lu Bu

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kinda drunk last night and decided to roll some tickets because that seemed like a good idea!

Thankfully only wasted like 8 of them, and got myself a Daviv 2.0 : mr Tristan. Bored with old rerun event, eager for Babylonia!

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is that the only time a servant’s internals have been buffed in an interlude? Most internal adjustments are done via maintenance.

I think so? They didn't touch anyone else's NP gain like this, even though there are plenty of Servants that could benefit from a touch-up.
*cough* Lancelot *cough* Fionn *cough* Kiritsugu *cough*

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Kintoki is in an odd spot. He’s already the hardest-hitting berserker in the game, but in practice he’s on the lower end for gold berserkers. Buffing him without making him ridiculous seems hard.

Something like a normal guts on Natural body could work to give a bit more durability.
Once he uses his NP he is the most vanilla Berserker among all of them and expecting him to survive until his skills recharge is a bit unreasonable nowadays.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

I think so? They didn't touch anyone else's NP gain like this, even though there are plenty of Servants that could benefit from a touch-up.
*cough* Lancelot *cough* Fionn *cough* Kiritsugu *cough*

Something like a normal guts on Natural body could work to give a bit more durability.
Once he uses his NP he is the most vanilla Berserker among all of them and expecting him to survive until his skills recharge is a bit unreasonable nowadays.

I mean Guts is shite so it won't help hue

Honestly tho considering the Offensive SSR Zerker List is:

- Literally Lancelot with boobs

- Literally nerfed Lancer Cu

- Pirated Lancelot

- NP looper

- Walking Charisma

- Uhhh Whatever Night is but kinda weird calling her not offensive since she's like the strongest Zerker

I think the obvious solution for Kin is to give him some way to maintain consistent 2 turn Burst damage. Steroid into 50 Battery is already a fantastic niche, and not every servant should be long term useful

So I didn't get Iskandar in the amount of Quartz I limited myself to, but I did manage to get my first non welfare gold saber in Rama.

Shame that he requires 6 hearts just to get his skills to level 5, since I already have Jalter, Jack and Nitocris that requires hearts for their skills.

Iskandar’s interludes were disappointingly short.  The second one in particular.  Oh well.  He’s got his boost, now please buff Tactics already DW.

Man, old events really are boring.  I just want the last day to open so I can get the Santa Alters I failed to get last run and a few more proofs for Artoria and Diarmuid, then just go farm pirate ship for even more proofs.  Ishtar’s event should give many dusts from lottery so I should get plenty of that.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

*wakes up*
Back to farming. I'm almost finished-
*has an 1.5 boxes to go through*
*Dawn of the Final Day*
... crap. Time to spam the Bronze apples on 50 AP.

------

Btw. this happened.

https://fate-go.us/thanksgivingdaycp_2018/

Besides using only Facebook (instead of Twitter) this is actually cool for an NA-original event.
Kudos to them.

Managed to clear 7 our of the 8 boxes. Didn't have time to farm for mats for the shop, but that is more for a bonus thing for me.

Now to sit back a bit and see what else I need to do...

1 hour ago, Necrofantasia said:

Pulled Lance Scathach.

I thought the droprate shall be extremly low in this game. 

In each second summoning session I pulled a 5* which seems to be ridiculous high to me.

Amyways hopefully I'll be able to do in the Chirstmas Event. Messed up recently due to lack of time playing this game.

Congratz on getting the BEST lancer - I don`t care about opinions, she is my fav :D

And getting 5* should be rare, don`t get used to super nice rates friend

btw if you need some friends just shoot a req! I got a slot open -> FC: 314.369.629

Managed to empty the last box just a couple of hours before reset yesterday and I cleaned up the shop for everything except for the monuments and pieces, which I'm fine with considering I had none of the required CEs to farm gold stars and silver bells.

Spent all the gold exp cards I got to get Rama to level 80 and to get started leveling Santa alter, which I now slightly regret since I got Scathach from a 10 pull I did first thing this morning. I guess I know where the EXP card from this year's Christmas events are going as well as 5 of my 6 remaining hearts. 

It's time, ladies and gentlemen.

https://fate-go.us/christmas2018/

Starting November 26th and last until December 5th. Time to amputate my hand for good.
Btw. the recent QoL changes like message on supports and fast death animations are neat. We now know what @MrSmokestack's real fetish is.

Edited by The Priest

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

It's time, ladies and gentlemen.

https://fate-go.us/christmas2018/

Starting November 26th and last until December 5th. Time to amputate my hand for good.
Btw. the recent QoL changes like message on supports and fast death animations are neat. We now know what @MrSmokestack's real fetish is.

Hooray, time to try and mlb the world’s cutest ce.  

3AM COLLEGE STUDENT WAVER COME TO ME

4 hours ago, The Priest said:

We now know what @MrSmokestack's real fetish is.

BB got me feelin’ some kinda way though

Cleared shop and got all 8 boxes. Would’ve done it on AP regen but I used all my bronze apples as a cushion.

Now for the wait to grail Jeanne Lily to 100.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Decided to spend 10 Tickets on the Scathach banner for kicks. Got absolutely nothing of value and everything was of 3* rarity. I then peeked at the summoning rates and decided to say "screw it" and go another five. It doesn't matter when I spend the resources, it just determines the possibility of getting a particular person.

I ended up getting Scathach on my 11th pull. One of my initial goals is accomplished since I believe I wanted to pull her since I started. Now I have a 5* ST Lancer in my roster!

The other limited characters sound appealing (I would love to get Illya and the Miyu CE. Raikou would be a useful Berserker and Iskander is a bro), but I need to save for Ishtar and Merlin. King Hassan would be cool to get too...

gonna try to get touta to FA so i can use him in the upcoming event. otherwise everyone's fine. fuuma just needs to hit max level.

lancer artoria sure was handy for the archer exp daily. np batteries are great

Dumped 300 quartz on AUO, got him.  And Nursery Rhyme, np2 Yuri pirates and a second 2030

Only missing Caster Gilles of the Zero crew on NA now.  And I have him np5 on JP, so between the two I have the whole crew.  Woohoo.

Dumped a couple of quartz on Gil. Didn't get him, but I did get a SR archer in Emiya. Shame I probably won't be able to ascend him anytime soon since Scathach used the last of my hearts and void dust.

I'll probably try my luck again with Ishtar to see if I can get a SSR archer.

Looking at the JP schedule we won't get any free 3* Servants for a long time now so I might as well update the F2P list now.

Spoiler

Changes:

Spoiler

Format Update
I changed the formatting. This layout should be a bit better if you're only interested in specific Servants.
Plus people can't be bothered to read my walls of text that, can they?

Cu Chulainn (Prototype) A -> S
Before his Strengthening Proto Cu had the problem that he can't utilize his Crit Dmg buff because he lacked a Gather Rate skill to pair it up with. Now he can using his otherwise situational 3rd skill which gives him an offensive niche compared to his FSN counterpart. Due to this he is well-deserving to be treated as S-Tier material.

Charles-Henri Sanson C -> D
The guy doesn't cut it. Until they change his "Human" trait bonus to "Humanoid" he simply doesn't do enough. Yes, he has some useful things on him like a Debuff removal and a massive Def debuff on his NP but outside of that Sanson just sucks in everything else, starting from base stats to being a bad Assassin overall.

Jaguar Warrior A
Take everything I said about Proto Cu, then apply it to Jaguar Warrior; except she has far more damage potential at the expense of consistency.
Once Taiga here gets going she shreds things to pieces but the long cooldown on her 1st skill hampers her longevity in fights and her Crit setup is entirely depending on forest environments. Considering that I don't think she fits in S-Tier but nonetheless she is really good.

S:

These Servants are the best of the best in the F2P pool. All of them can fit in any team and will bring great results. Even if you already have a selection of SR or SSR Servants consider raising these guys, they will serve you well and may even provide uses that you can't find elsewhere.

Mash Kyrielight

Spoiler

Mash has a strong focus on defense and support. Her entire skillset is designed to give her party longevity, starting from a basic party-wide defense buff to a Taunt skill and targetable Invulnerability. Adding to that her NP further reinforces the party's defense while providing a sizeable Atk buff after her ascension to a SR Servant. She is the only 0 cost Servant in the game and if you have struggles to be within your cost requirements, Mashu is always a great pick as a filler for the 6th spot and will never be deadweight in your team. Best kouhai indeed.

Robin Hood

Spoiler

Robin Hood is known as the prime damage dealer among the low rarity Servants. His NP, Yew Bow, has incredible scaling on its bonus effect, allowing him to reach staggering numbers on poisoned targets, especially if he gets a couple of Overcharges on it. Aside from that he doesn't offer much utility besides a meager Atk debuff. If his Sabotage skill misses his NP won't deal a lot of damage which can be an issue against enemies with a high rank in Magic Resistance. Still, his NP makes him absolutely worth it and once he gets some dedicated support from his team, he will be unstoppable.

Cu Chulainn (Stay Night)

Spoiler

Cu Chulainn, in contrast to his tendency for early deaths in other works, has attained immortality in this game. He is nigh indestrucible thanks to Protection from Arrows and even has Battle Continuation for a fail safe. Disengage rounds out his kit with a small heal and, more importantly, debuff removal on a short cooldown. His NP deals decent damage with an added defense debuff, complementing Cu's role as "the last man standing" very nicely.

Cu Chulainn (Prototype)

Spoiler

Compared to his FSN counterpart Proto Cu sacrifices some of the legendary durability but still retains Protection from Arrows. In exchange he focuses more on Crits. Having a Gather Rate and sizeable Crit Dmg boost means he has no trouble to land Crits, provided someone supplies him with Stars as he has some trouble to produce them on his own.
He has another niche as a Beast slayer but almost no Servant has that trait and it's mostly helpful against Chimeras among common mobs. Still, it's a nice extra to have and something to keep in mind if you're fighting some non-Servant bosses that fall under that category.

Leonidas

Spoiler

Leonidas is one of the rare Servants built for a tank role. His Taunt skill only lasts 1 turn but provides a hefty buff to his NP Gain which in turn fuels his NP. This NP not only grants him another form of Taunt lasting 3 turns but a massive Def buff as well. Having this on a NP means that Leonidas can potentially loop it, allowing him to stack the defense buffs on it and become outright indestructible (just look up the Leonidas loop, it's art). On top of that every use generates a set amount of Stars and coupled with his party-wide Buster buff he can double as an offensive support for any Buster-oriented Servant.

Georgios

Spoiler

Georgios is another example of a Tank Servant. Compared to the Spartan he is easier to use in any kind of composition since he has a 3-turn Taunt right away, having a similar strong defense buff on top of it. His stats are also more suited for tanking, having a significant amount of HP for a mere 2* Servant, and couples well with his Martyr's Soul which restores a medium amount of HP and makes him impervious against mental debuffs (mainly Charm and Stun).
The trade-off comes from his underwhelming offense. He has very low Atk and his NP doesn't have an useful trait that would compensate the lack of strength. There is some meme potential with Siegfried, if you have him, but otherwise it is best to avoid using Georgios' card and focus solely on tanking with him.

Medea

Spoiler

Medea has the rare niche of being able to remove buffs with her NP. This makes her incredibly useful for certain fights in which Servants tend to spam their buffs, a common sight in high-level challenges. While her NP damage output is much lower compared to the average Servant she can use it in quick succession which compliments her niche very well and can still be devastating against Assassins if enough buffs are stacked on her. Her skill, Teachings of Circe, allows her to remove Debuffs from her team and give anyone a sizeable buff to their NP generation, expanding her role with another supportive trait. 

Hans Christian Andersen

Spoiler

It is easy to name Hans as the best budget support in the game. His NP provides multiple useful buffs to the team, all of them useful for any team. There is a random factor attached to it, making it a bit unreliable, and his low stats don't really help his longevity in combat but Hans has no problem to spam his NP several times before he crosses that line.
Even compared to the premier support, Zhuge Liang (Waver), Hans has the niche of granting the entire party a Crit Dmg buff while supplying them with a steady amount of Crit stars. The downside here is that he becomes even more frail, making even a single Crit spell a death sentence for him.

A:

This tier includes mostly Servants that are either outstanding in specific situation, can provide good support or have other defined roles that can be useful for more challenging content. They do have some smaller drawbacks but they are still reliable picks for most teams and it is recommended to have them around.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Spoiler

Caesar features several offensive party buffs to improve the party's offense, including a targetable Crit Dmg buff. His NP is ST and capable of dealing a good amount of damage in Servant fights or other bosses. He doesn't have any particular weakness aside from lacking a skill for survival which doesn't hamper his utility that much. Always a good choice for a Saber, be it for raw damage or Support.

Bedivere

Spoiler

Bedivere is the strongest 3* Saber that a F2P player has access to. He has strong base stats and a very powerful NP that can rip enemies to shreds. While his skills do not seem impressive they support his NP usage and Oath of Protection in particular can be a very useful tool if used in conjunction with other defense buffs.
Keep in mind that he is story-locked so unless you spent Saint Quartz/Tickets on his rate-ups his damage output will be limited due to being stuck on a low NP level.

Euryale

Spoiler

Euryale is the counter against male Servants. Her NP's bonus trait against males and multiple Charms will trivialize most of the toughest boss fights in the game, which earns her a high position on the tier list. Even outside of her niche her skills are good enough allowing her to contribute in regular fights but she will perform quite a bit worse since the majority of her kit is tailored against male opponents.

David

Spoiler

David leans towards Support, having Charisma and the highly-valued Harp of Healing which grants the entire party a 1 time Evade. These alone would elevate him to a great Servant but there is more. He has the highest base Atk among the 3* Archers and features a ST NP which means he is able to dish out decent damage. Unfortunately, his deck doesn't match with his NP card, limiting his maximum damage output. Still, David is a very strong Servant with many upsides, making him a worthwhile investment.

Billy the Kid

Spoiler

Billy the Kid is the master of crits. He can achieve the highest Crit Dmg multiplier in the game, allowing him to deal devastating amount of damage once he gets some Crit stars on his cards. If that doesn't do the job he can fire off his ST NP which he has fast access to thanks to his Quick Draw skill and the explosive NP gain from his Crits. The only problem is that he is not able to provide the necessary Stars by himself and his best buff only lasts a single turn, leaving him wanting during the cooldown. Nonetheless he is a force to be reckon with and shouldn't be ignored.

Jaguar Warrior

Spoiler

Don't let her looks fool you; Jaguar Warrior is capable of unspeakable devastation and another case of a superb free Servant. ... provided you can play to her strengths.
Her NP output is really good, no small thanks to Jaguar Punch which adds a 2-time Evasion buff and doubles as an Intuition skill. Speaking of which this pairs well with Jaguar Eye that allows her to setup a Crit chain with ease.
The biggest problem lies in her unreasonably long cooldown of her 1st skill and reliance on Forest maps. Jaguar Punch's 10-turn cooldown cannot be offset by the Evasion buff alone and locks her out one of her Buster buff for a long time. Her other problem causes her to lose her Crit setup and being a map-related condition makes it rather hard to play around.
Nonetheless Taiga is still a very strong choice for a Lancer and can certainly be valuable in most situations while being outstanding in Forest battles.

Ushiwakamaru

Spoiler

Ushiwakamaru is similar to Caesar having multiple party-wide buffs in her disposal. What sets her apart from him is the access to an Evade skill and the stupidly high multiplier on her NP, allowing her to outright delete Casters from the game and stomp most bosses. She is another well-rounded Servant, having a good balance of offense, Support and survivability without having any drawbacks.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Spoiler

Mozart has only a single purpose; Arts support. His stats are bad, his NP doesn't do any damage and Artistic Aesthetic might be the worst skill to have in the game. Yet he excels in his speciality like no other. Protection of Muse offers a strong Arts boost for the entire party and his NP applies respectable debuffs if a bit unreliable akin to Hans. His 3rd skill, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, produces so many stars that it puts Intuition and its clones to shame. Once you use it you are guaranteed to land Crits on the same turn.
While you have to be a bit mindful how you use him, Mozart offers incredible burst potential for an Arts team that can use his talents.

Fuuma Kotarou

Spoiler

Fuuma is another excellent Support Servant combining many different niches. His Crit Star Drop Rate is 2nd only to Jack among the Assassins, making it one of the highest in the game. Between that and his Ninjutsu skill Kotaro can provide a substantial amount of stars and survivability to a party at the same time. Paranoia is another excellent skill, practically guaranteeing that your debuffs will stick.
His overall damage output is pretty weak but his utility makes up for it and especially for Crit teams he will not disappoint in supplying his party with Stars.

Lu Bu Fengxian

Spoiler

Lu Bu is often dubbed as discount Heracles and rightfully so (a compliment btw.). He has the highest attack of any 3* Servant and features 3 Buster cards alongside a ST Buster NP that can reach outrageous values with his buffs. He will tear apart even the most durable Servants within few turns. However, he is still quite frail and his defense buff alone isn't sufficient enough to keep him alive, meaning he requires support for prolonged battles.

Asterios

Spoiler

Asterios is an unique Berserker. His NP doesn't deal any damage but instead provides hefty debuffs on all of your enemies which lasts double the turns than most effects in the game. If this is exploited he can make the enemy deal zero damage permanently. His skill are solid as well, with Natural Demon providing him some sustainability which he appreciates as a Berserker and Monstrous Strength is a solid Atk boost. Labrys of the Abyss allows him to deal significant damage with his Buster Brave Chains, especially if he crits, making up his lack of a damage-dealing NP.
But he is heavily dependent on Grails to do all of this. His low stats as a 1* Servant makes it hard for him to perform reliably without them as even a single crit might spell death for him. If you don't mind spending your Grails (especially if you're not interested in reaching lvl. 100 with your Servants), he will be able to impress in many challenging fights but if you don't you might find yourself wanting for someone else.

B:

Servants from B-Tier are solid but most of them aren't performing well enough to be viable for harder content. Instead most of this tier excels at farming, being able to clear out waves quite efficiently. This is still an important utility as most fights have several waves of mobs to clear before you face the real challenge, so you shouldn't neglect these options.
Some others have niches that aren't common enough to warrant a higher placement.

Fergus Mac Roich

Spoiler

Fergus is a Saber that essentially copied Lu Bu and learned a thing or two about survival. Compared to him he trades damage for better durability, having Mind's Eye to dodge NPs and lacking the Berserker class, taking only regular damage from most sources which plays well with his Defiant skill. While he performs quite decently in a vacuum he pales in comparision to Caesar and Bedivere who can not only provide some support to the team but also have ST NPs to deal better with tougher enemies. He doesn't have any outstanding traits, his entire kit is pretty basic and while his NP has a nice Def debuff, the sheer amount of AoE Sabers in the higher rarities makes him forgettable.

Gilgamesh (Kid Gil)

Spoiler

Kid Gil has some solid skills to his disposal, including Charisma at its highest level. This gives him some value as offensive Support but he further backs it up with high base stats. The only downside to him is his AoE NP which side effects are too mediocre to compensate the lack of damage. That makes him mediocre in comparision to other 3* Archers and relegates him to farming duty.

Tawara Touta

Spoiler

Touta is weird. Based on his skills alone one might think he would be an excellent Archer but his poor stats and bad NP hold him back a lot. Especially the latter is disappointing, giving him only bonus damage against Demon-type enemies which isn't a common trait. He is still serviceable enough but compared to the other Archers he is not amazing and Kid Gil or Arash are generally better for farming purposes if you're looking for an AoE Archer.

Arash

Spoiler

Arash is known for his role as a suicide bomber (I mean no offense). You use his NP, he takes his enemies with him. Simple. While that may sound like that you have to fight with 5 Servants instead of 6 this makes him universally useable in any team that wants to have a quick way to bring down a wave of mobs and being a 1* Servant makes him incredibly cheap cost-wise. However, don't expect him to do anything outside of that as he is absolutely lacking in everything else.

Hektor

Spoiler

Hektor has an AoE NP that can apply a sizeable defense debuff on top of being able to ignore defense buffs. That's about it, really. Proof of Friendship can be used as a failsafe with its NP drain and Stun chance but it isn't exaclty reliable. Disengage doesn't do much for him as he lacks any kind of survival skills to pair it up with. He is overall unimpressive outside of farming but among the 3* Lancers he is still the most reliable choice for that purpose.

Medusa

Spoiler

Among the B-Tier Servants Medusa follows the definition to the letter. Aside from her Stun skill she doesn't have anything that helps her during challenging fights. Instead she focuses on spamming her NP over and over again with the help of Blood Fort Andromeda that charges her NP and increases NP gain by a decent amount. If you need someone cheap for Door farming she is probably the best choice.

Alexander

Spoiler

Similar to Medusa Alexander has an AoE NP which doesn't make him an appealing choice for challenging content. The difference between them is Alexander's supportive capabilites. Omen of the Conqueror coupled with Charisma makes him valuable for Quick Servants, increasing the damage potential of a Quick-based party by a large amount. If you are using such teams it might be worthwhile to have him and his buffs around.

Edward Teach

Spoiler

Blackbeard might seem underwhelming when Medusa and Alexander exist but he has several buffs to offset his low stats, reaching similar damage values for a cheaper cost. Especially Pirate Honor stands out being a Guts skill on a 5 turn cooldown which can increase his longevity in battle. That being said he is still a 2* Servant so he doesn't do much besides using his NP.

William Shakespeare

Spoiler

The famous playwright is a welcome sight for any Berserker or other Buster-oriented Servant. Between his sizeable party-wide Buster buff and targetable NP battery skill he can provide good Support to a Buster team and even live to repeat the tale thanks to Self-Preservation. However, his low stats and atrocious NP hold him back, so he is only useful for those specific teams.

Jing Ke

Spoiler

Jing Ke has good offensive stats for an Assassin and a ST NP, which she can boost with Insolent. Among the 3* or lower Assassins she has the highest NP damage output which can make her useful against high HP Rider enemies. However she suffers from low hit counts which conflicts heavily with the Assassin's niche of producing Stars for your team and due to the Assassin's class low damage multiplier she performs worse compared to other ST NP users in other classes.

Hassan of the Hundred Personas

Spoiler

Hundred Personas are in a strange place. Despite being Arts-based they are pretty good at generating Stars thanks to Librarian of Knowledge and a high rank in Presence Concealment. Their NP Gain seem lacklustre at first glance but it is actually pretty good when their skill is active and their NP has a ridicilous hit count, granting a good amount of refund for their NP gauge.
But their damage output is inconsistent due to their chance-based 2nd skill and their NP doesn't have an useful effect to make it useful outside of dealing damage.
Despite their lack of damage they are still the best pick for an Arts Assassin and will get better in the future.

Hassan of Serenity

Spoiler

Serenity is similar to Hundred Personas that she is an Arts-based Assassin. Compared to them she focuses more on stalling enemy Servants. Her NP applies several effects including a NP seal that can reliably stick on an enemy thanks to her 3rd skill. She also has an NP drain but if suffers from having a long cooldown compared to similar skills.
Besides that she shares the same problem of having a weak base Atk. Her damage output is underwhelming since she lacks a damage boost for her NP and her focus on Instant Death might as well be non-existent due to its unreliable nature.

Hassan of the Cursed Arm

Spoiler

True Assassin was dubbed as the king of Crit Stars before the release of Fuuma. Similar to Cu Hassan has a broken skill in form of "Protection from Winds", giving him great sustain and bolsters his Crit Star Drop Rate to a level where only few can hope to compete with him. The downside of using CA Hassan is his low Atk and mediocre NP, making him unsuitable as your primary damage dealer. That being said with some kind of Crit Gather Rate buff on him he will be able to fight quite well thanks to Self-Modification granting a sizeable Crit Dmg buff.

Sasaki Kojiro

Spoiler

While Kojiro lacks the ability to generate a lot of Stars using his cards, his NP and Vitrify provide huge amounts of them at once, meaning you are less reliant on them. He is no slouch as a fighter either, possessing an incredible skillset for that purpose though he is held back by his low stats as a 1* Servant. He requires Grails to fully realize his role as a damage dealer and compared to other options like Asterios this is a less appealing due to the low base Atk multiplier Assassins have.

Kiyohime

Spoiler

Kiyohime is a strange Berserker because she forsakes her Atk stat for more HP. Needless to say this is not a good trade for someone in her class. Nonetheless her NP deals a good amount of damage with her 3rd skill active and even has a chance to stun an entire enemy wave. Thanks to Morph and her aforementiond HP pool she is not as frail as other Berserkers and her "Stalking" skill can be used to soften up tougher targets but one should be mindful of the demerit during potential NP turns.

Eric Bloodaxe

Spoiler

In a similar vein to Kiyohime he has some uses as a debuffer thanks to Support Spell which applies a massive defense debuff without any repercussions, coupled with an Atk debuff as a nice bonus. However, his low stats hold him back and his NP is quite literally suicidal which doesn't bode well for his overall performance in longer fights. Still, he is a decent choice for farming and has at least some uses as a debuffer outside of that.

Spartacus

Spoiler

Spartacus is one of the best choices for a cheap farming Servant. While he is a 1* Servant with terribly distributed stats he compensates his weakness with a sizeable Buster buff from his EX Rank Madness Enhancement and 3rd skill. He also has a NP charge skill that allows him to bypass the common Berserker problem of having bad NP gain. Aside from that his entire kit is focused in keeping him alive with healing though you shouldn't rely on it alone for survival.

C:

C-Tier inhabits Servants that are overall underwhelming. If you're comtemplating about using those you should probably look elsewhere in the higher tiers first. Some of them have redeeming qualities but most of the time it doesn't outweight their negatives.

Gilles de Rais (Saber)

Spoiler

Looking at Gilles; this man doesn't make any sense. His NP is detrimental to use because it provides a long lasting defense debuff that will get him killed in a fight. Yet he has two skills that increase his NP damage despite being unable to deal any damage with it. He is only saved by the fact that his 3rd skill gives him a virtually permanent boost to his Buster cards, allowing him to deal some hefty damage which he can boost even further with his questionable NP. But still, every other Saber is a better and safer choice than him.

Romulus

Spoiler

Romulus is very unimpressive. While Imperial Privilege is a nice skill to have it is unreliable by itself. Seven Hills while being a good targetable buff suffers from an insufferably long cooldown and it doesn't help that his NP is AoE without an higher multiplier. For all intents and purposes Hektor is the superior choice for an AoE Lancer, unless you use Ozymandias to guarantee the success of Imperial Privilege. Even with that Romulus doesn't have any interesting niche about him and is overshadowed by other 3* Lancers.

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne

Spoiler

Diarmuid is really bad. His base stats are underwhelming, having the lowest Atk among all the Lancers. His skills don't help either. Debuffing only females for a single turn doesn't help him to carve out a niche against them and his low hit counts makes the star generation buff from Knight's Strategy meaningless. His only redeeming quality is the buff removal on his ST NP which can situationally be useful but others perform in that niche far better than him. Unless you like the Fate/Zero Lancer you shouldn't use him over other options.

Boudica

Spoiler

Boudica is plagued by bad stats and only provides defensive buffs with her NP which just isn't good enough for a Support-oriented Servant. Her 1st skill might not exist due its narrow scope and as a Rider she will take away stars from the team which contradicts her supportive role even further.

Cu Chulainn (Caster)

Spoiler

Caster Cu has Protection from Arrows which he shares with his Lancer counterparts. However, his AoE NP is very weak and none of his skills boost his damage output. It doesn't help that he is story-locked meaning it is not possible to raise his NP levels without spending Saint Quartz. He is durable but the lack of any other qualities makes him an undesireable choice for your primary Caster.

Mephistopheles

Spoiler

Mephisto has not only really bad stats but a disappointing NP as well. The combination of debuff seal and NP drain has some uses against specific bosses but it doesn't justify fielding him over another Servant.

Charles Babbage

Spoiler

Babbage fails utterly in his role as an offensive Caster due to his atrocious stats. He has the worst Atk among all 3* Servants and having an AoE NP on top of that makes him awful at dealing damage. His only saving grace are his skills that raise his NP damage to somewhat acceptable levels. Because of that he can be useful against Assassin waves compared to most other 3* Casters but it's not a particularly useful niche.

Paracelsus von Hohenheim

Spoiler

Paracelsus has some Support utility with his Arts buff and targetable Guts skill but he is held back by his lower-than-normal multipler on his NP. Even worse his NP is AoE and despite class advantage he has trouble to reliably clear out even Assassins. Combined with the long cooldown on all of his skills he is simply not a good Servant and usually there are better options than him in all of his niches.

Henry Jekyll & Hyde

Spoiler

Jekyll can't utilize his full potential due to his gimmick. This gimmick of his robs him his NP and his deck doesn't even allow from performing Buster Brave Chains, limiting his overall damage output. Add to the fact that his Crit damage is wasted on his Berserker form thanks to their low innate star weight he doesn't perform well enough to compensate his lack of NP and his terrible Assassin form.

Mata Hari

Spoiler

Mata Hari's niche is mostly limited to acting as a huge damage amplifier. Depending on gender she can inflict a Def debuff up to 60% which is a major increase in damage for your other Servants. Outside of that she is utterly worthless as her entire kit needs to be utilized for this single purpose and her base stats are atrocious, making her only viable for very specific fights. 

Darius III

Spoiler

Darius has nothing special about him besides his NP. Being a Berserker he can't play to his strength due to his Buster deck and having low NP Gain. It is a shame since his NP provides good debuffs with respectable numbers but even then being AoE limits its usefulness. He is the definition of mediocrity and can't really distinguish himself from the other Berserkers that offer more than him besides an AoE NP.

Caligula

Spoiler

Caligula offers a lot of damage potential but ultimately is too unreliable to use. All of his skills give him a massive damage buff but Imperial Privilege is always a gamble without the use of Ozymandias or other Buff Sucess Rate skills and Sadist gives him a hefty Defense debuff which can prove fatal for him. His NP might be the worst in the game, dealing no damage and lacking in any kind of utility.

D:

Let's keep it simple. Don't bother with these. They are the worst of the worst and no amount of effort will make them salvageable. If you still want to torture yourself with these, be free to do so.

Musashibou Benkei

Geronimo

Charles-Henri Sanson

The Phantom of the Opera

Edited by The Priest

Good list overall. However, I disagree heavily with George and Euryale not being S.

George is different from most taunt servants in that you can either run him as taunt fodder with his Bond CE, or run him with supports to keep him alive. Depending on your CE of choice, George can easily hit 80%-90% Defense Up for 3/5 turns with Ascalon up. He is underwhelming as a damage dealer but is very durable and consistently keeps damage off of his team due to the short cooldowns on his 1 and 2 skills.

For an example of how that works in practice, I was able to clear the Heracles match in Nero Fest without damage CEs. My pointman was George with MLB Shroud of Magdalene. So many turns where he just straight up took no damage.

Euryale is interesting to talk about. She’s usually compared to Robin, and considered much worse when not fighting males. This isn’t entirely true. She can use her NP more often due to Vampirism, and the charge drain gives her a stall utility that Robin lacks. Her NP also inflicts Attack Down, and it’s not very difficult to fire it off more than once every few turns due to how good her NP gain is.

Robin Hood out of the box is more usable than Euryale though, I agree.

Besides that, in the future I can see Cursed Arm Hassan moving up. His Instinct buff makes him far better at star generation than Fumma despite having worse cards. His survivability is also much less suspect due to PfA.