Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Honestly i would put Leonidas and STG in S, its much more ambiguous for Leo, but STG theres like 0 reason he shouldnt be S. His downside is way too small for how absurd of a unit he is

Between potential to have godlike bulk, his key skills appearing early, absurd CE synergy for customization potential, borderline unfair Bond CE, and insane usability regardless of leve Saint George is far and away the best overall free unit. He's even good at Level 1 something no other unit can claims. 

Leonidas is much worse off since his potential is locked behind achieving his NP making him much less versatile, but when he is in zone, he have almost unbreakable Taunt Chain, and unlike EVERY OTHER Taunter, he carried an offensive buff which allow him to drop a damage bump when he almost falls, becoming a free poster girl

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I can agree with Georgios moving up to S-Tier. Considering that soaking up damage for your primary damage dealers becomes more and more relevant it makes him well-deserved to be placed in S-Tier. He also covers a niche that you're probably find wanting even if you have multiple SR/SSR Servants.

That being said Leonidas will follow him on the way there. As JSND said while he is a bit more tricky to use his tanking potential might as well be uncapped due to NP looping. It isn't that hard to setup by himself (especially against multi-hit enemies like Gilgamesh or Tristan). Never mind that he has the added niche of providing offensive buffs in form of Crit Stars and a solid Buster buff for the party. He is more limited in regards to viable teams but he offers way more for those select teams.

As for Euryale; while I can see the argument making her S-Tier she fits more in A-Tier imo. She performs decently enough against non-male enemies but it is not on a level beyond A-Tier and only against males she is truly without equal (which would warrant a S-Tier placem.ent)
It puts her in that weird spot where she could be considered for both.

In regards of future promotions:
- Bedivere: His Interlude should raise his NP damage to the point of making him S-Tier.
- Boudica: Once she gets her NP buff she can probably move up to B. She is a worse Hans/Mash but it's still more whatever C-Tier can offer.
- HFH: The NP buff sells them. Art resist down is really good for their own damage and other NPs in the same chain.
- Caster Cu: Best Caster for farming pretty much. That Buster buff goes a long way to fix his damage output and gives a purpose to his NP battery.
- CA Hassan: Yeah, A-Tier seems fine for him. His way of producing stars is better than Fuuma's and he is more likely to stay alive for repeated use.
- Ushiwakamaru: *laughs in NP damage*

Arguably Paracelsus is another candidate with his buffed Philosopher Stone but I'm still wary of his asinine cooldown on his skills.
Houzoin is going to be S, no questions asked.

EDIT:

I'm also thinking about demotions. Both Mata Hari and Sanson are really terrible and their niche only comes in play for 1-2 fights at most. Even then there are probably better picks than them which in my eyes makes them D-Tier material.

Edited by The Priest

Hozoin’s ceiling is very high, yeah.

I think Mata Hari is a sleeper pick like Mephisto. She looks terrible next to REGEND, but her support is good when it comes into play. Better than Benkei and the other memers in D who are completely outclassed no matter how you look at it.

Sanson can stand to drop though. Powermod is nice but both his 1 and 3 skills are a complete nonfactor in most fights. This is unlike, say, Izou and Billy, who have high damage ceilings due to how their powermods work.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I finally managed to get 5K mana prism after nearly a week of spamming the 30AP Exp node, so I was finally able to get MLB Chaldea Lunchtime.

My small problem at the moment is that I'm not sure who should have it on my support list. Most people put them on their caster slot since they have Waver or Tamamo, but the only gold Casters I have at my disposal at the moment are Nitocris and Da Vinci, who don't seem to be the best candidate since they're offensive casters.

I currently elected to put it on Ozymandias since the rest of my support servants are also mostly offense-oriented, but Ozy at least has some support capability with Charisma and Protection from the Sun God.

Edited by LuxSpes

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I finally managed to get 5K mana prism after nearly a week of spamming the 30AP Exp node, so I was finally able to get MLB Chaldea Lunchtime.

My small problem at the moment is that I'm not sure who should have it on my support list. Most people put them on their caster slot since they have Waver or Tamamo, but the only gold Casters I have at my disposal at the moment are Nitocris and Da Vinci, who don't seem to be the best candidate since they're offensive casters.

I currently elected to put it on Ozymandias since the rest of my support servants are also mostly offense-oriented, but Ozy at least has some support capability with Charisma and Protection from the Sun God.

For the most part people put it on Casters since that’s the first spot people look, even if they don’t need Waver/Merlin/Skadi specifically.  

Tamamo’s support capability for farming (without a kscopes to get np loop going) is basically nonexistent, but people still put it on her since caster slot is the first place people look.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

22 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

For the most part people put it on Casters since that’s the first spot people look, even if they don’t need Waver/Merlin/Skadi specifically.  

Tamamo’s support capability for farming (without a kscopes to get np loop going) is basically nonexistent, but people still put it on her since caster slot is the first place people look.

If that's the case, I guess I could put it on Nitocris, since she can at least gain 102 NP gauge first turn due to her Rapid Divine Words being at a high enough level.

7 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I think most people put it on the caster slot because that's where people looking for the CE looks for it---same reasoning that Ozy runs Mona Lisa even though he's single target.

Like, nobody's going to flip through the other classes when they'll find the Lunchtime in their caster slot 80% of the time, and the other 20% they'll just reroll.

32 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I think most people put it on the caster slot because that's where people looking for the CE looks for it---same reasoning that Ozy runs Mona Lisa even though he's single target.

Like, nobody's going to flip through the other classes when they'll find the Lunchtime in their caster slot 80% of the time, and the other 20% they'll just reroll.

Mona Lisa Ozy does have one thing going for him where he is a solid pick with KScope Nitocris and Spartacus

In contrast, Mona Lisa Drake's pretty much useless for my ends because theres literally only 2 NP50 charger in the entire game, one of which is a recent addition in JP. The other is so overused that if your totally anal about Bond grinding, he's likley Bond 10 by now

I dare say objectively speaking Ozy is the best Mona Lisa handler but thats going too far

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Mona Lisa Ozy does have one thing going for him where he is a solid pick with KScope Nitocris and Spartacus

In contrast, Mona Lisa Drake's pretty much useless for my ends because theres literally only 2 NP50 charger in the entire game, one of which is a recent addition in JP. The other is so overused that if your totally anal about Bond grinding, he's likley Bond 10 by now

I dare say objectively speaking Ozy is the best Mona Lisa handler but thats going too far

The main thing is that there are two types of players searching for Mona Lisa---people who have no problems 3 turning without supports, and people who do.

The first type doesn't give a shit what they pick. The second type prefers Drake. If you have 2x Kaleidos & Nito you're the first type, because you have 2 fucking Kaleidoscopes.

16 Tickets and ~140 Quartz got me no Ishtar or any 4* Servant. There goes me fund for Merlin (as I suspect everyone else will have him, so I just use a support one instead of my own when required). Per usual though, I got plenty of CEs. I got one of the 5*, four of the 4* (The game mocks me), and plenty of the 3* CE.

I will probably continue spending on the banner until I MLB that 4* event CE, since I am just one short. Afterwards, all will be spent on attempts for Merlin. Who needs savings when they don't actually matter?

170 quartz and 3 tickets on Ishtar banner for MLB Waver CE and one copy of Amakusa CE.  It actually only took 150 to MLB Waver CE, got a sixth on the extra 10 roll done for the Amakusa one.

I got a bunch of 4* servants in the process, NP2 for Nursery Rhyme and Fran and my first copies of Tamamo Cat and Extra Vlad.  I'm suddenly drowning in 4* AoE Zerkers.  

Not sure how much use Vlad will see sadly.  He's competing with one of my favorites as a ST Lancer.  

Spoilers for JP.

Spoiler
  • Urobutcher is the Writer of Lostbelt 3. That went dark fast.
  • Spartacus and Jing Ke get animation updates.
  • 3 new Servants:
    • Gao Changgong (4* Saber)
    • Qin Liangyu (4* Lancer)
    • Death on 4 legs, run while you can Xiang Yu (5* Berserker)
  • Servants appearing in the Lostbelt:
    • Mordred
    • Spartacus
    • Jing Ke
    • Koyanskaya (aka Tamamo Assassin)
    • Ashiya Doman
  • Bond expansion beyond 10 (guess we die then?)

Also someone keep @Glaceon Mage away from JP content.

Edited by The Priest

2 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Spoilers for JP.

Hide contents
  • Urobutcher is the Writer of Lostbelt 3. That went dark fast.
  • Spartacus and Jing Ke get animation updates.
  • 3 new Servants:
    • Gao Changgong (4* Saber)
    • Qin Liangyu (4* Lancer)
    • Death on 4 legs, run while you can Xiang Yu (5* Berserker)
  • Servants appearing in the Lostbelt:
    • Mordred
    • Spartacus
    • Jing Ke
    • Koyanskaya (aka Tamamo Assassin)
  • Bond expansion beyond 10 (guess we die then?)

Also someone keep @Glaceon Mage away from JP content.

Why me specifically?

I already saw the stuff in a discord, I'm not sure what's the problem?

Anyway, did a 10 roll on JP in hopes of the new Saber since he's cute.  Didn't get anything worthwhile, but that's all I'm willing to spend here.

3 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Hm, here I thought you would have a stronger reaction to the CEs.

I didn't look at them too much.

*looks*

ooooooooooooh

unfortunately, CEs that release with story chapters don't go on rateup for god knows what reason, so while I'd definitely pull on this banner more if they were, I'm going to refrain for now.

3 tickets and 285 quartz got me no Ishtar. Feels bad to be back to 0 quartz. I definitely shouldn't pull at 3 in the morning because I can't fall asleep. My very last pull was my third copy of Formal Craft, which I'm unsure if I should take as a good omen or as the game trolling me.

I did get 4, 5 and 3 copies of the 3*, 4* and 5* event CEs respectively and while I got 3 SR servants, I can't say I'm really all that excited about getting Berserker Lancelot, Beowulf and Astolfo, though it does mean I finally have Gold Zerkers now.

Ah well, better luck next time I guess and buy fries to use all the salt the banner gave me.

Edited by LuxSpes

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Apparently the horse meta has evolved. (LB3 spoilers)

Hide contents

Literal horse as a Servant. I'm deeply disturbed now.

Who will they put in the Part 2 banner I wonder because, boy, those are some spicy Servants right here.

Does this mean that we might get Bucephalus as his own servant sometime?

because that’d be even funnier

@The Priest

Spoiler

It’s Red Hare. Lu Bu’s mount is famous enough that it qualifies as a heroic spirit, even without its owner.

Spent the better part of the morning discussing the new servants on my usual discord server, then got to use one of them for some nodes in LB3.

Lanling Wang, the SR Saber, is ridiculous. To summarize, he’s essentially Waver and Caster Gil rolled into one package. He’s also an excellent partner for Tamamo and provides one of the largest damage amps in the game for Arts teams. And he’s pretty.

I spent tickets earlier and didn’t get him. I will be throwing quartz at his rateup on Friday though.

The other two servants are not very noteworthy, unfortunately.

Spoiler

Datamines also show SSR Assassin Li Shuwen and what is essentially a SSR Ruler George. And he’s exactly as busted as that sounds.

And there’s some gimmick servants here and there. One of them has an AOE NP that has a precast 100% Buster buff, but removes all of their own buffs before doing damage. Cleanse Resist from the Summer MC might allow you to circumvent this.

Meanwhile in NA:

Cricket noises

I got nothing to do until the final lotto node opens up in about a week. Then I can ascend the rest of my silver and bronze servants and the Saberlot spook from my Shiki rolls and grail Jeanne Lily.

This game is trolling me. Got 20 quartz from 150 login streak, decided to spend them. Nothing until last pull where I'm greeted by Fionn. I'm really, really tempted to acquire my first rare prism.

@MrSmokestack

Spoiler

I know it's Red Hare (if the NP wasn't telling enough). Still doesn't make this image less disturbing than it is. Like this is a mix between Mezuki and a Centaur. That's some nightmare stuff right there.

Old Li is an SSR? Crap. Here I thought he was a SR considering the Ruler is guaranteed to be the SSR of Part 2.
... because boy, wtf is this guy? I don't think he is SSR George, his Taunt only lasts a single turn and you get Invulnerability either way so his class doesn't matter that much. He is more like Jeanne in that regard.
What is absurd are his skills.

1. NP drain + Def debuff on the entire party ... on 6(!) turn cooldown.
  2. Stun + Atk buff
  3. NP battery, debuff cleanse + heal

Then we have his NP. 50%(!) Atk Up for 3 turns and add a 50% Crit Dmg Up + Crit Absorb. If you're not destroying stuff in those 3 turns you just suck at the game.
Unless his stats are so terrible this guy that you can't build up his NP he is probably the best Ruler by far.

17 minutes ago, The Priest said:

@MrSmokestack

Reveal hidden contents

I know it's Red Hare (if the NP wasn't telling enough). Still doesn't make this image less disturbing than it is. Like this is a mix between Mezuki and a Centaur. That's some nightmare stuff right there.

Old Li is an SSR? Crap. Here I thought he was a SR considering the Ruler is guaranteed to be the SSR of Part 2.
... because boy, wtf is this guy? I don't think he is SSR George, his Taunt only lasts a single turn and you get Invulnerability either way so his class doesn't matter that much. He is more like Jeanne in that regard.
What is absurd are his skills.

1. NP drain + Def debuff on the entire party ... on 6(!) turn cooldown.
  2. Stun + Atk buff
  3. NP battery, debuff cleanse + heal

Then we have his NP. 50%(!) Atk Up for 3 turns and add a 50% Crit Dmg Up + Crit Absorb. If you're not destroying stuff in those 3 turns you just suck at the game.
Unless his stats are so terrible this guy that you can't build up his NP he is probably the best Ruler by far.

Spoiler

Yeah he spoopy.

Qin Shi Huang is more like George than Jeanne. The latter is team oriented but QSH’s entire kit is mostly selfish.

And don’t worry, his internals are excellent. He has a 1.88 Arts on QAABB deck. His Attack stat is awful (9977) but it’s boosted by being a Ruler and the skills he has in his kit already.

Sherlock / QSH / X is going to be insane.

Just sharing some of my Lottery calculations (Warning: Madness Enhancement A++)

Spoiler

Scraping together all my Gold and Silver apples I have the equivalent of 196 full AP bars (including those we get from the first 6 boxes). Assuming I get at least a single CE drop before the best node arrives this will result in ~100 boxes (assuming the Sock drops are relavitely consistent, with ~110 per run).

We only have 3 days to run that node. Subtracting time for RL stuff that leaves me with ~48 hours to farm. I have the maximum AP limit possible which is 138. That means 27912 AP (with taking natural AP regen in account) to go through. The node costs 40 AP that means for each run I have around 14 minutes, assuming I do not take any major breaks between the runs.

These calculations don't include all the Bronze apples I will get from opening these boxes because I don't have time to open any of them. Not to mention they double as potential refills for other content until I built up my Gold Apple count again.

So yeaaaaaaaah ... by the end of this madness Carpal Tunnel syndrome is going be the least of my problems. But at least I'm set for the next 2 years? Worth it, right? Right?

Edited by The Priest

On 11/27/2018 at 9:57 AM, The Priest said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Apparently the horse meta has evolved. (LB3 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Literal horse as a Servant. I'm deeply disturbed now.

Who will they put in the Part 2 banner I wonder because, boy, those are some spicy Servants right here.

Spoiler

The most disturbing thing is that apparently Red Hare has the "Brynhild's Beloved" trait.  Bryn confirmed furry.

Part 2 gacha is especially interesting to consider since we also have the Christmas and New Years gachas coming up as well.  I could see some of the SSRs getting pushed onto those banners since there are a LOT of SSRs coming.

In NA news I got Ishtar \0/