Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

14 hours ago, QKumber said:

But like 20 of those boxes I`ve farmed during the Gil node -> I needed to farm lamps for cleo and all

That explains it. I started farming when the best node opened.

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

3 turns go by fast. Points above

You're slower than me. I hit 70+ boxes when I went to sleep.
Besides I am using a 3 turn setup. If nothing goes wrong I'm spending 6 Gold apples per hour but most of the time it's closer to 5.

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

...I’m not going to make it am I.

I have the opposite problem. I don't have enough time to spend my 70+ Gold apples until the event ends. Still going to be at 100+ but it's unfortunate not to spend all of them since next year has no good lotteries.

Edited by The Priest

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling burned and my present box is at 254 stacks of at least 2 gold exp + max expansion second archive is full, so I think I’m gonna stop now.  I have enough exp/qp to max grail Waver and get Merlin to 90 + 10/10/10, assuming I get him.  If I don’t, gonna level a bunch of 4*.

I hope new lottery on JP replaces 3* exp with 5*.  No one uses 3* exp for anything but free mana prism...

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

That explains it. I started farming when the best node opened.

I used all my silvers on the Gil node to get Jeanne Lily leveled.

When I drop to 200 sq I’ll redeem my socks for some bronze apples.

You're slower than me. I hit 70+ boxes when I went to sleep.

I’m trying ok

I have the opposite problem. I don't have enough time to spend my 70+ Gold apples until the event ends. Still going to be at 100+ but it's unfortunate not to spend all of them since next year has no good lotteries.

I don’t think I’ll do ever do something like this again. Farming all these boxes is getting to me.

100 boxes in 10 days (what I did in GilFest on JP) is doable. 33 in 3 days...isn’t.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Something happenned

Spoiler

QP.thumb.jpg.d47e3220abe4ba805f2471f3a7d75dbe.jpg

on box 99, going for 100 just for the round number :P

I could use extra bones, but even Secret Gems I have enough for the majority of characters I like and that I plan to roll in the nearby future (6 months + or -)

edit: 1040 SQ waiting to roll QUETZ!!! It is finally time

edit2: sry about double posting... I cant figure how to merge them into one

Edited by QKumber

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

This is the exact reason I always told whoeveer asked me about apples usage: It is very hard to spend 50+ apples per day, and to do that 3 days in a roll. It takes a lot of commitment. Do not be afraid to burn some in other events/nodes because most likely you will not be able to go THAT hard on christmas.

If the person is a mad grinder, those usually don`t ask questions about viability, they just try to farm as much as possible :D

Salt inside

Spoiler

gRrZRx7jVPOHmCM-opTgxRO69WOhDwnd1Kav4JVHrxPgTZNlxiqBQfPHdjk6NJKstztWC2frt4mkUQonY3hPs73PJbLGat-gZEmhd_qwJw88XMm69NOfCC9rlcf82eGXKbkCUUoi8y6Bot2jOhaHnXwYxPBJAkyQyH8d1-_HC4aU7I6Opa1u2STSMs0oaTuE-LMimQcGl_guUaTgB5_y23OBMT7g4AOSMlm8wGM7GCcx5Z9wAvb4Rm0ffwN1i_wN-2n3__YPDBlP46TyD9OZcum5Z1tTEDcdfI1fdDzXX_yQ_rxeVoCWtX0XOzLXZfBjMouDg8QMUN0wdK2rw2IH7nP1s6s9O32VO-6LU-7mPclJbtuAzE2VJn6jZFw2F4P3_zarH_lxtR6KA-f2Y7t-7o2ER5jxXZKet_yLev2ytjPQ0YdcREbfWUFvZs4_z1zgNMiUfk2Xpo-FGqjQVoB-7l0DtctJd74wjVlgb1gfdwD2L6_8TPwXHukGMsb-_X_cekJ4CsOtQIxrHfmGdkJLL6Jcag3LiiXZWrb8w1ySonCJo-ggMG1qdPOdGO3vfq4Yr86e7mGjOGUkowLd2hw4cnGTJSXG9MeqVrpm_g-ouC2akumuv9Z_O8H90KICjy1Gq3_P5h1s7l5dohlknujj6rre=w1608-h904-no

I don't know how to feel right now.

I had pretty much given up on Ishtar. I spent hundreds of quartz with no SSR. I just wanted to do 1 last single pull before the banner went away to see if my luck would turn. I clicked 10 roll by mistake. My initial reaction was horror on spending 30 of my remaining 90 quartz considering Merlin and New Year are around the corner, but I got filled with a certitude that the game would screw with me one last time by actually making my mistaken pull the one that actually got me Ishtar. And it did.

Welp, I guess I have to rush my lottery farming to get enough EXP to max her now...

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

Salt inside

Reveal hidden contents

gRrZRx7jVPOHmCM-opTgxRO69WOhDwnd1Kav4JVHrxPgTZNlxiqBQfPHdjk6NJKstztWC2frt4mkUQonY3hPs73PJbLGat-gZEmhd_qwJw88XMm69NOfCC9rlcf82eGXKbkCUUoi8y6Bot2jOhaHnXwYxPBJAkyQyH8d1-_HC4aU7I6Opa1u2STSMs0oaTuE-LMimQcGl_guUaTgB5_y23OBMT7g4AOSMlm8wGM7GCcx5Z9wAvb4Rm0ffwN1i_wN-2n3__YPDBlP46TyD9OZcum5Z1tTEDcdfI1fdDzXX_yQ_rxeVoCWtX0XOzLXZfBjMouDg8QMUN0wdK2rw2IH7nP1s6s9O32VO-6LU-7mPclJbtuAzE2VJn6jZFw2F4P3_zarH_lxtR6KA-f2Y7t-7o2ER5jxXZKet_yLev2ytjPQ0YdcREbfWUFvZs4_z1zgNMiUfk2Xpo-FGqjQVoB-7l0DtctJd74wjVlgb1gfdwD2L6_8TPwXHukGMsb-_X_cekJ4CsOtQIxrHfmGdkJLL6Jcag3LiiXZWrb8w1ySonCJo-ggMG1qdPOdGO3vfq4Yr86e7mGjOGUkowLd2hw4cnGTJSXG9MeqVrpm_g-ouC2akumuv9Z_O8H90KICjy1Gq3_P5h1s7l5dohlknujj6rre=w1608-h904-no

I don't know how to feel right now.

I had pretty much given up on Ishtar. I spent hundreds of quartz with no SSR. I just wanted to do 1 last single pull before the banner went away to see if my luck would turn. I clicked 10 roll by mistake. My initial reaction was horror on spending 30 of my remaining 90 quartz considering Merlin and New Year are around the corner, but I got filled with a certitude that the game would screw with me one last time by actually making my mistaken pull the one that actually got me Ishtar. And it did.

Welp, I guess I have to rush my lottery farming to get enough EXP to max her now...

Someone likes to live dangerously, I see.

(I don't roll event banners near the end since, if the event CEs aren't good outside the event, getting them makes you feel pretty bad.)

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Someone likes to live dangerously, I see.

(I don't roll event banners near the end since, if the event CEs aren't good outside the event, getting them makes you feel pretty bad.)

Mind you I was only trying for a single roll, so I was fully expecting getting something I was gonna burn. I nearly 10-pulled several time before and caught myself, but I guess I was too tired to realize there was something wrong with single pull getting me down to 57 quartz from 87. The last two weeks of a semester can do that to people...

Guess, I'm stopping now at 17 Gold apples.

20 boxes have been opened and 75060 socks are in stock. That's 93 boxes and ~1/2 of the 94th one, so I managed to farm 113 boxes in total.
Mostly cleared the shop aside from Horns and the Mana Prisms (because both are superfluous). Got dozens of CE drops, I have 3 MLB'd and 2 additional ones. RIP to everyone who didn't get their 5th copy.

... btw. anyone have some recommendations for an auto clicker. I think I will need one.

Edited by The Priest

I didn't manage to surpass box 4 with my lack on time during the week, so no Santa Jeanne.

I really hope next event will be less luckbased and timeconsuming and rather like the Halloween event where the unit reward was totally static.

I don't like RNG based rewards especially combined with time pressure.

Still regarding plot the event was nice.

Congrats on all the people who got what they wanted from Jeanne d'Arc Santa Lily, be it from the gacha or farming presents.

For boxes, I finished 21 with some leftover on 22. I got burnt out early, but that may be because I did not have a 3 turn setup available (or never figured one out).

For the gacha, I decided to try getting some Quartz from leftover singularity quests (Camelot), as well as some from interludes. The following are my results:

Spoiler

Total Summons: 95 (~25 Tickets, ~210 Quartz)
- No Ishtar
- No 4* Servant
- 1 Moment of False Tranquility (5* CE)
- 5 Christmas Wavers (Yay!...)
- "x" Georgios Invitations

So... yeah. My last summon gave me the last Christmas Waver CE as a consolation prize.

What really sucked was putting in the effort to clear out Camelot again for Quartz, only to get basically nothing. RNG is RNG, I suppose. Maybe this failure is due to me getting Rama in October while I got Scathach and Lancelot in November...

Now I will cry in a corner. Good day sir.

Finished at ~30 boxes but I couldn't save any EXP/QP because Medusa/Ishtar ate through all of it. Good news is that I was able to get 2 copies of the Jalter CE so I'll get 2 MLB copies when the re-run comes.

Funny how I ran out of Feathers/QP so I couldn't get Ishtar to 6/10/10 for Babylonia. I think I'll farm Doors and the Feather node in Okeanos before playing through the singularity. It helps because I'm still busy IRL with college projects and I want to enjoy the story at it's fullest.

6 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

I didn't manage to surpass box 4 with my lack on time during the week, so no Santa Jeanne.

I really hope next event will be less luckbased and timeconsuming and rather like the Halloween event where the unit reward was totally static.

I don't like RNG based rewards especially combined with time pressure.

Still regarding plot the event was nice.

It’s literally not luckbased at all, since you want to empty whole boxes anyway.  The luck thing is just the order you get the rewards.  The problem is not luck, it’s that you waited til the last minute to try and get Santa Jeanne.  I did the same thing last year, with Santa Artoria, and she was stuck at NP2 first ascension until the rerun a few weeks ago.

The game gives you 9 days for 6 boxes (4800 socks).   That’s plenty of time, natural ap regen and +6 sock bonus (4 Holy Night Supper from shop + 1 MLB from support) will get you that much, even on easier nodes.  

I also know I told you on discord that the lottery was worth farming for the exp.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

After opening all my boxes:

• Most of my 2nd Archive is at max. level.
    • non-maxed R Servants: Blackbeard, Gilles, Mephistopheles, Paracelsus, Babbage, Geronimo, Phantom
    • Aside from Welfare Servants I didn't level up any of the SRs I have (mostly lack of materials).
    • On the other hand Nightingale is now at 90. Maybe I will use her someday.
  • After maxing out most of my Servants I'm now stuck in Silver mat hell.
    • I lack Gear, Pages, Horseshoes and Medals. Claws are also in demand but not in large amounts.
    • Proofs and Dust are still the bane of my existence (352 and 759 respectively).
    • Used up all my Lores. Well, at least my Support is at 10/10/10 (except Ozymandias) so feel free to use them.
    • Farming the node gave me enough Chains, Seeds and Feathers for life. But what am I supposed to do with 223 Reverse Scales?
  • 523m QP. Mm, that feels good.

I didn't start Babylonia yet but we should have at least a week to complete it in time, right?

Edited by The Priest

10 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Anyone already rushing through Babylonia? I didn't start yet but we should have at least a week time, right?

We should get 2 weeks or so.  One week of just Enkidu, then Quetz banner, then we collectively bulli Barbatos.

I plan on taking it easy and going slow, I did it in like a day and a half on JP so I’d like to sit back and enjoy it on natural ap with occasional breaks for Gil/Artoria’s interludes when they get to bond 5.  

I also plan on doing the harder versions of the fights, since I went easy modo on JP because I was in a hurry due to Oniland’s pointless LB2 lock.

As a story guy, I'm always hungry for more content. So, I'll likely be rushing Babylonia just because I want to see what happens next. Currently I am at Chapter 6.

For my overall impressions and musings, check the spoiler. Know that I do know some stuff that happens later in the story, but I do not know everything. (Story spoilers ahead!)

Spoiler

Welp, I said I wanted Ishtar. First thing Babylonia does is give me Ishtar. Second thing Babylonia does is make her completely useless. No wonder people call her a useless goddess. (I still want one!)

Also, I get to see Enkidu for the first time. I was immediately suspicious ("This is a little too easy..."), and when it happened I was not surprised.

Loli Medusa Ana is adorable. A part of me wants one, it just a shame that she doesn't seem that great. She was on the list of candidates I wanted for whenever the next free 4* Servant comes around, but currently I settled on getting Gorgon. Saber Alter would probably be my 2nd choice, since I am not too fond of fielding Saber Lily... (Waaay down the line I'm torn between Tomoe, Valkyrie, and Danzo. Valkyrie seems like my favorite, but Danzo is a story lock...)

Holy ****, Merlin. The dude is insane, and then we can add CE effects on top of what he already does (with a nerf to his NP)! We don't even have Hero Creation EX yet either! Hopefully I'll roll him when he becomes playable, I could use a good 5* Caster that isn't Tamamo.

And then we get Caster Gil. I am liking the King's Return skill, especially when paired up with my Assassin Scathach. Caster Gil seems pretty awesome and I can see him doing well when paired up with Lancelot.

Now for actually story discussion...

I am convinced the Old Man is actually King Hassan. I know Gramps shows up at some point, so it has to be him! I can't stop myself from being excited every time King Hassan appears. It seems his advice is tied to choices later in the story that affect the difficulty of fights.

As for the vision, at first I thought I was seeing the underworld (maybe from Eresh's point of view), but now I have no idea what is going on. Something about the ocean is important...

For the jungle, screw the jungle. Screw Chimeras. I lost my frontline to them before the first boss encounter. Luckily, Cu and Caesar got my back. I hope we torch the place at some point...

Now, for Enkidu itself. I believe the real one did die, but it was brought back to life by the Three Goddess Alliance (or someone affiliated with them). There was a brief moment with Ana explaining how death works, and the difference between the body and the soul. I believe the soul ("Good Enkidu") is fighting against the resurrected and repurposed body ("Evil Enkidu"). At least, that is what I got from Chapter 6.

That's all I got for now. I am enjoying Babylonia and wonder what else will happen. Right now I still like Camelot, but I gotta finish Babylonia first to fully compare the two.

18 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I was in a hurry due to Oniland’s pointless LB2 lock.

I would not call it “pointless” as JP players have been warned continuously to catch up with story for the past two years.

I do think it’s unfortunate in your case considering you’re a newer player, but in general I have no problems with content locked behind story. That’s...kinda the one thing that separates FGO from the majority of gacha games.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I would not call it “pointless” as JP players have been warned continuously to catch up with story for the past two years.

I do think it’s unfortunate in your case considering you’re a newer player, but in general I have no problems with content locked behind story. That’s...kinda the one thing that separates FGO from the majority of gacha games.

It’s pointless because there was no reason for it in context of the event itself.

if there were like, major story spoilers in the event like Christmas 2017 had for Babylonia, it wouldn’t be pointless.  Christmas 2017 being locked behind Babylonia 100% makes sense in context of the event.  Same for CCC being part 1 locked since it’s basically an EoR masquerading as a collab.  

This isn’t really the case with Oniland.  Everyone is still in Chaldea, Sitonai existing is spoiled by her gacha existing, and from what I understand she was even introduced as if we hadn’t met her before despite the LB2 lock.  The event content is also not particularly challenging beyond what late Part 1 has.  There’s nothing there to justify locking it behind so much story, they could have easily gotten away with a less crazy requirement but they didn’t.  If such a reason existed, ie the event had us doing something in the Shadow Border or something, I wouldn’t find it pointless.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage
Extra clarification

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It’s pointless because there was no reason for it in context of the event itself.

if there were like, major story spoilers in the event like Christmas 2017 had for Babylonia, it wouldn’t be pointless.  Christmas 2017 being locked behind Babylonia 100% makes sense in context of the event.  Same for CCC being part 1 locked since it’s basically an EoR masquerading as a collab.  

This isn’t really the case with Oniland.  Everyone is still in Chaldea, Sitonai existing is spoiled by her gacha existing, and from what I understand she was even introduced as if we hadn’t met her before despite the LB2 lock.  The event content is also not particularly challenging beyond what late Part 1 has.  There’s nothing there to justify locking it behind so much story, they could have easily gotten away with a less crazy requirement but they didn’t.  If such a reason existed, ie the event had us doing something in the Shadow Border or something, I wouldn’t find it pointless.  

That makes sense. I don’t follow the story so the requirement does seem odd then.

Still though, considering the devs have been pushing story locks for a while, I don’t have a problem with it. Like I said, it sucks for newer players, but my beef is with older players who refuse to do story despite having plenty of time to do so between events.

I recently got into this debate in another forum so the topic is very draining for me at this point.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That makes sense. I don’t follow the story so the requirement does seem odd then.

Still though, considering the devs have been pushing story locks for a while, I don’t have a problem with it. Like I said, it sucks for newer players, but my beef is with older players who refuse to do story despite having plenty of time to do so between events.

I recently got into this debate in another forum so the topic is very draining for me at this point.

Yeah, older players shouldn’t really complain for themselves at least since they are given completion opportunities upon new story releases and during download filler campaigns and such, and it does suck for new players without an occasional material catchup event at least to help them ascend servants.

I can understand why you find it draining, it probably comes up quite a lot in relation to Oniland in particular.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

34 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, older players shouldn’t really complain for themselves at least since they are given completion opportunities upon new story releases and during download filler campaigns and such, and it does suck for new players without an occasional material catchup event at least to help them ascend servants.

I can understand why you find it draining, it probably comes up quite a lot in relation to Oniland in particular.  

it actually comes out more for Chr3

....and to say smokes got into a war over it is an understatement

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

it actually comes out more for Chr3

....and to say smokes got into a war over it is an understatement

Does it?  Christmas 3 is basically a sequel to Babylonia, I already stated I think that one is perfectly reasonable.

Do people want to get spoiled or something?