Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Does it?  Christmas 3 is basically a sequel to Babylonia, I already stated I think that one is perfectly reasonable.

Do people want to get spoiled or something?  

uhhh wrong one meant to say 4. That, and the statement earlier this year where they said "most content since now is going to force at least Solomon onwards"

And yes, yes they did. Mind, i'm strictly on the side of people who said "story requirements for events are fucking dumb" but its 99% related to what events have them for the past few months

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

uhhh wrong one meant to say 4. That, and the statement earlier this year where they said "most content since now is going to force at least Solomon onwards"

And yes, yes they did. Mind, i'm strictly on the side of people who said "story requirements for events are fucking dumb" but its 99% related to what events have them for the past few months

Since we don’t know the actual content of Christmas 4 yet, I don’t think we can really judge whether it’ll be justified or not yet.  For all we know it could involve heavy China spoilers or something.

I do think it shouldn’t be locked behind LB3, since it literally just released a week and a half ago, but if it makes sense in context of the event LB2 should be fair game (even though we already know it’s probably LB3 locked sigh).

all that said, #1 most important thing is still “only lock what makes sense to lock” to me.  Stuff like Xmas 3 and CCC: understandable, don’t want to spoil newbies.  Stuff like Oniland’s: why even.

10 hours ago, Time the Crestfallen said:

I've heard speculation that the 5* for Christmas 4 will be Gareth, which could be interesting.

Spoiler

I don't know. Gareth doesn't strike me good enough to be SSR bait. SR, maybe?

... then again they made Quetz Samba a 4* Ruler Welfare. Who knows at this point, 2018 doesn't feel real to me anyway.

People say Camelot doesn't play around.
Why the hell aren't people talking about Babylonia instead?!

Spoiler

My god that 2nd Quetzalcoatl fight. I tried so many runs using only 3* Servants and got wrecked over and over again. The team was Georgios - HFH - Merlin - Lu Bu - Leonidas - CA Hassan with HFH and Lu Bu being the main damage dealer (the rest are just scapegoats).
That's merely the 2nd option by the way. Go the other route (ignoring not!Hassan's warning) and watch as your entire party just gets eviscerated by a super-buffed wrestling goddess. What is class advantage anyway?

I gave in and just made a Herc solo out of it. With Bond CE it's doable to do the 2nd option but I don't think he lasts long enough for the 1st option. Probably manageable if you throw in some Guts scapegoats with him though.

... on the other hand we have the 2nd Gorgon fight where I almost died laughing because Mash + Leonidas + Merlin is just that stupid in that fight. But the fight ended after 15 turns despite sources saying you only need to pass 10.
Not that it matters because I question how you are dying in the first place.

Edited by The Priest

27 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Reveal hidden contents

My god that 2nd Quetzalcoatl fight. I tried to many runs with using only 3* Servants and get wrecked over and over again (Team was Georgios - HFH - Merlin - Lu Bu - Leonidas - CA Hassan).
That's merely the 2nd option by the way. Go the other way (ignoring not!Hassan's warning) and watch as your entire party just gets eviscerated by a super-buffed wrestling goddess. What is class advantage anyway?

I gave in and just made a Herc solo out of it. With Bond CE it's doable to do the 2nd option but I don't think he lasts long enough for the 1st option. Probably manageable if you throw in some Guts scapegoats with him though.

... on the other hand we have the 2nd Gorgon fight where I almost died laughing because Mash + Leonidas + Merlin is just that stupid in that fight. But the fight ended after 15 turns despite sources saying you only need to pass 10.

I mean, I happened to have extremely good units for Babylonia, but it's been easy enough that I was using Bond Farming teams for the mode (and taking story supports whenever possible, like Ishtar into Lancer Maps). I've been using two bond CEs in the back line, too.

It's mostly because Bride & Archuria is a hilariously good pairing, though, and the fact that Bride happens to do full damage against Quetz. I did swap to 'serious' teams after Tiamat, but that's mostly to speed things up.

...Honestly I'm the definition of 'carried by my 5*s.'

40 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Mostly because Babylonia comes after Camelot.  Camelot introduced gimmick fights to the story, and in general feels like a larger increase in difficulty from America than the transition from Camelot to Babylonia.  So people are more likely to be surprised by the difficulty of Camelot, and therefore more likely to comment on it.

58 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Hide contents

My god that 2nd Quetzalcoatl fight. I tried so many runs using only 3* Servants and got wrecked over and over again. The team was Georgios - HFH - Merlin - Lu Bu - Leonidas - CA Hassan with HFH and Lu Bu being the main damage dealer (the rest are just scapegoats).
That's merely the 2nd option by the way. Go the other route (ignoring not!Hassan's warning) and watch as your entire party just gets eviscerated by a super-buffed wrestling goddess. What is class advantage anyway?

Having done the second option on JP, I did the first option with a Support Jack and Herc.  Granted, I also brought my Waver to help them, but Jack being an effective vs female evil assassin takes a lot out of her.  

In general, the only parts of Babylonia I found very annoying when I went at it with my significantly less buff JP account were

Ereshkigal, because she spams NPSeal/Skill seal every goddamn turn, and the chapter where there's Chaos Tide and earthquakes but no insane buffs to make up for it.  Especially the latter.  I haven't reached these on NA though, though I'm getting close to Eresh.  Like with Quetz I'm going to try and do the harder version of Eresh, simply because I went easy modo on JP and I'd like the challenge.

I just finished Babylonia (lucky me for having enough time to "rush" it). 

I think story wise Camelot is slightly better in terms of being emotional but Babylonia is more badass. 

Now for my spoiler thoughts which also include some fight highlights WARNING, WALL OF TEXT FULL OF SPOILERS INSIDE

Spoiler

For starters, I found it funny how this singularity began just like Camelot did. You think you'll do fine with a C-tier farming team and then get greeted by enemies with 70k+ Hp that also hit quite hard. This is something that I found really crazy despite having faced the bulky knights of Camelot (although their Hp doesn't reach such ridiculous values like a ton of enemies here). Normally I'd tackle waves this way: 1st round kill with normal attacks, 2nd round maaayyybe use a AoE NP if I want to end it quickly but normally still go with nothing but normal attacks, 3rd wave NP spam to end it in one turn. Here I had to start buffing up like crazy with support Waver+Helena to shot a powerful AoE NP and then stall until the CD reset. Granted, I don't have an optimized 3 turn setup that can OHKO everything like some do but it was refreshing being forced to have very strong enemies after all the weaklings from the past few events. 

The story itself was soooo awesome! The beginning was a bit boring with the silly introduction of Ishtar (although it was very fitting, she's very silly) but it quickly became better with Kingu's entrance. I felt that he betrayed us a bit too quickly to leave an impact, it felt like "Huh? That was quick". From there the story went towards some sort of Slice of Life mood with the gang doing some errands for Gilgamesh. I think this part was the weakest considering it was meant to endear me to Ana but she barely showed up so I didn't really care that much about her, neither I did for Ushi and Benkei. Leonidas felt like the most charismatic one with all his muscle-knowledge and his talks with Mash. Also Siduri, despite not being that important I really felt for her when she became a Lahmu, after all she was the one that stayed with Gil despite everything and even he suffered from her loss. 

Anyways, after this comes the goddess hunt. It was funny how each one, sans Gorgon, was so easy to convince. Ishtar being super greedy and getting bought with gems, Quetz with a suicidal Plancha (the "Spanish" was a bit cringy considering I'm from Mexico and I know for a fact we don't speak like that, but it's nothing egregious so I'll let it slide) which may or may not have landed on her chest and Eresh...well, I was planning on getting her before but now I know she deserves to be on the "MUST PROTECC and grail" list, she's so fricken sweet I could die from diabetes. The Ana/Gorgon segment was kinda meh, again I felt this was because the SoL segment wasn't done very well because it pushed Ana to the sidelines too much instead of giving her the spotlight. The sacrifice was like the one Gandalf did in LOTR, which I found amusing. Something of note is that in the Underworld part, I felt bad for Ishtar halfway through and oddly enough choosing her lead to easier battles than choosing Eresh despite it being the wrong answer. I could also write a whole essay on why Eresh is best goddess ever but I'll save it for later. Anyways, this whole segment had it's ups and downs but it was enjoyable.

Then we get to the awesome part, Tiamat's awakening and the end of Mesopotamia. Like...damn. Just damn. It wasn't that surprising to see everything go to hell with all the hints they threw around in the previous parts (Ushi being in Tiamat's womb, Quetz and the mysterious pillar and the ton of things many characters were hiding) but still, seeing people becoming those monsters and then killing for the sake of killing was just gruesome (I hope they don't censor this part too hard in the anime). Then the change in the map music from an adventure/victory theme to one of despair and rush was sooo nice. Then having everything go from bad to worse by the second, and despite all that Gudao still being optimistic was super cool. The corrupted Ushi was annoying though. Merlin's return and seeing King Hassan when everything seemed lost was too epic, like I even teared up a little from the sheer awesome of their entrance. Archer Gil also had a cool entrance, but it was a bit undermined with his gameplay.

Now let's go with gameplay. 

After the initial surprise (that was my own fault considering Camelot did the same thing). Like always I started with silly teams like Jalter lily/Nursery Rhyme/support Jack which is very fun for taking down weak mooks but this time the mooks where destroying me. It's funny, I wanted to use Ishtar as much as I could but this singularity is Lancer land making her extremely useless so she was on the bench for most of the singularity. Funny enough, with all those lancers I got a huge appreciation of the Salter I got not too long ago in the Knights of the Round Table banner. She singlehandely destroyed waves and waves of those mooks, and despite being AoE she was able to do hefty amounts of damage if not outright OHKO them. I also got a ton of respect for Brave Liz, she seemed a bit iffy when I obtained her but nah, her NP hits like a freaking truck and that's what I needed most of the time. Anyways, I'd say the MVPs (support Waver aside) were those two, with Salter being slightly better because AoE NPs were better here.

Ishtar herself got her time at the very end, when all the Lahmu became Saber/Beast class instead of Lancer. Most of those battles were against just 1 of those so going with an AoE archer looks like a bad idea right? Well, that's not wrong but the problem is that my only ST archer is Euryale (I don't feel like leveling Kuro despite being very good and NP5) and with those things being monsters she wasn't performing as well as I'd like. So here comes useless goddess to save the day and boy she did. I bet this is something common for those that have Emiya but seeing Ishtar deal up to 200k+ damage with her crits is super nuts and her Np, despite being AoE, dealing close to 300k+ dmg really impressed me, and she's decent at creating her own stars making her kinda self-sufficient. I feel bad for Arjuna because he just doesn't perform at the same level as Ishtar despite his higher base Atk, doesn't matter that much because he's more than good enough for farming and events so I'll keep using him there. 

I felt sad for Ruler Martha, this singularity had an avenger everytime the "?" popped up instead of a mix of classes like in events making her go from my clutch servant for mixed nodes to just sitting in the bench because I was scared of facing avengers, which also leads me to the next thing. I really need a non-berserker that deals tons of damage to avengers. The Kingu fight was a pain because I had nothing to tank him apart from Mash and because I refused to use a Tamamo to reduce CD she ended up dying, which led me to a very painful and long fight because it turns out my only anti divine servant is Ruler Martha, who is weak against Kingu....sheesh. 

Now for the story supports. I barely used them because this time I really needed the power of Waver in order to destroy those bulky enemies but I tried to use Merlin whenever I could. And boy is he broken. At the beginning he seemed ok with his buffs but nothing crazy and then when he came back at the ending I tasted what OP feels like. This bastard gives HUGE stat buffs, party invincibility, HUGE heals with his NP and can NP spam thanks to his NP gauge regen passive which also stacks with his NP...Like, I wasn't using Mash during that fight and even then the party was unkillable (granted, that 4k heal at the beginning of the turn helped a ton with that but the chaos wave countered that). 

Then King Hassan. WHAT THE HELL? He has a BBBAQ deck, right? Then why is he practically spamming his NP every other turn?! That guy is the definition of badass. Instakill with normal hits, his NP has a BADASS animation and deals absurd amounts of damage. I can see now why many people want him, he's too good and the way he made his entrance to make Tiamat killable is badass. Why is his gacha just after Musashi?! 

For the goddesses fights, I think I did Quetz on easy mode (thank godness I did, Carmilla isn't strong enough to deal with her despite being at NP2), Gorgon on hard (big mistake, I almost died but got a lucky crit with Ishtar so I won without CS) and Eresh on easy (I think Brave Liz can end her by herself, after all her NP is ridiculous, Martha also works here). The second or third corrupted Ushi fight was the worst one, I just couldn't OHKO them at the same time so the fight dragged on and I was forced to use my CS to revive my party. Damned earthquakes ruining my team comp and triggering the Ox King CE on the wrong servant. The Tiamat fight was pure hype, although archer Gil died without doing anything noteworthy (while Ishtar was the one doing more damage and also dealt the finishing blow...how ironic.)

TL;DR. Babylonia is awesome, I can't wait for the anime which I hope is quite faithful but can skip some of the SoL stuff (or give Ana more spotlight, which she needs), the singularity is Lancer land so bring good Sabers, Ishtar>Arjuna, Eresh is a cinnamon roll and must come to my Chaldea, Cas Gil is chill and he'll be a welcome spook, fuck Lahmus and corrupted Ushi, Memelin too OP plz nerf.

7 hours ago, The Priest said:

Reveal hidden contents

That fight isn’t hard, but your approach to it was bad.

Spoiler

...Why are you bringing Merlin vs a Rider?

Double Cursed Arm with some taunt CEs and/or servants can cruise for a while. Leave someone like Lu Bu in the back with Guts CE and squeeze in some last minute punishment.

So yeah, basically coast off of hard damage mitigation (Lv 10 PfA on both Hassans helps a lot) and throw a few NPs her way every now and then. Sustain just won’t work here.

Hardmode is a bit more rough, but the same strategy applies. No shame in resorting to Jack though, because she hard counters Quetz by being able to clear buffs. Lancelot can tear her a new one as well.

@MrSmokestack

Spoiler

I limit myself to R Servants and Story Support when I play the singularities. Meaning Merlin is the only one who is worth a damn in this fight. The only real alternative is Jaguar Warrior who is ... meh.

Thinking about it now Lu Bu probably was a mistake in that regard because the man is made of toilet paper and he doesn't even have Insane alignment for no damage reduction. NP spam with HFH and CA Hassan just seems more reliaby with class advantage (which at least has some weight with the 2nd option).

It's a shame that you can't replay the story fights, especially for choice-based gameplay like this. I would have loved to try the 1st option with my entire roster.

@Glaceon Mage

Spoiler

Just did the Eresh fight, picking the 1st option. Compared to Quetz this was actually easy imo.

It boiled down to Bedivere, Caesar and Fergus wacking her really hard (support was Story Caster Gil). Just spammed Brave or Buster chains nonstop and she doesn't do that much damage to them either.
I kept Bedivere in the backrow so he can switch in once someone is dead (which means you dodge her debuffs) and his skills give the entirey party insane debuff resistance, so it's not that unlikely that you manage to resist some of them (in case of Fergus he managed to use Mind's Eye to dodge her super).

Edited by The Priest

4 hours ago, The Priest said:

@MrSmokestack

Reveal hidden contents

I limit myself to R Servants and Story Support when I play the singularities. Meaning Merlin is the only one who is worth a damn in this fight. The only real alternative is Jaguar Warrior who is ... meh.

Thinking about it now Lu Bu probably was a mistake in that regard because the man is made of toilet paper and he doesn't even have Insane alignment for no damage reduction. NP spam with HFH and CA Hassan just seems more reliaby with class advantage (which at least has some weight with the 2nd option).

It's a shame that you can't replay the story fights, especially for choice-based gameplay like this. I would have loved to try the 1st option with my entire roster.

Spoiler

Yeah, that’s why I suggested double Cursed Arm. He and REGEND are super useful for this because they can make lots of stars and have short CD Evades.

Hundred Faces is neither beefy nor tanky enough to put in work here, especially if her skills aren’t leveled. Her heal deletes her own buffs which is a death sentence even in easy mode.

I mentioned golds for the hardmode version because I highly doubt you are going to beat that with only 3* and below without heavy mitigation (Evade) and luck. Specific CEs can make the clear more smooth in theory, like poster girl, though.

Otherwise god help you.

Personally I did hardmode with some taunt fodder and CA Hassan in front, and a Guts CE Lancelot in the back. Won by 1 HP.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Full event details for Christmas 2018
https://news.fate-go.jp/2018/christmas2018/

The Banner for the event (5* is Bradamante, with both Marthas as the 4*)
https://news.fate-go.jp/2018/christmas2018_pu/

I already didn't care about Bradamante, but her design is bad, her voice is annoying, and personally speaking her NP animation is embarrassing to watch. Sandbag the shit outta this lady.

Also, Rider Martha animation updates. It was about time.

-----

I'm finally done with Babylonia. My impressions:

Spoiler

Hoo boy, that was a ride. Dare I say that this singularity trumps Camelot?

The beginning was much slower with the only really interesting point being Enkidu's early betrayal, which was kinda obvious him being overpowered. You're just doing a lot of random fights at the guise of making a name in Uruk.
I don't mind this slow start though it's the rarity to be at 180 from the very beginning and not losing steam afterwards.

Once you pass the slice-of-life part things escalate really fast. Facing Gorgon, Ushiwakamaru and Leonidas getting themselves killed, recruiting Ishtar and then fighting Quetzalcoatl happen in quick succession of each other and these events are not cheap, making them memorable.
The Ereshkigal section was a bit weird though with the whole "praise Rin or Rin" notion but it was more for humor in the end.

Then there is Part 2 of Babylonia aka the Sumerian apocalypse. Say goodbye to happiness as you face Tiamat and her legions of nightmare stuff, electric bungaloo edition. They did a very good job to make these Lahmu terrifying, both in appearance and action.
This dark turn is really engaging, always feeling that you're fighting a losing battle against one of the vaunted Beasts. After all most of your allies from Part 1 are gone by this point and even the goddesses can't do much against Tiamat (blame Merlin). Heck, Ushiwakamaru comes back "blackened" and proves to be quite the nuissance.
Only Kingu's development comes short and feels a bit rushed but I suppose that's only natural due to the fast pace.

After Quetz, Medusa and Kingu sacrifice themselves to buy time for the underworld trap it still looks hopeless. Every Uruk citizen and soldier is slaughtered to the last man with only Gilgamesh standing, also dying from a lethal wound. While she is eventually trapped she instantly turns the table around.

But that's when the finale kicks in.  No words can do it justice.
Merlin returns and ... is Merlin. Yeah, that works.
The First Hassan reveals himself and applies mortality to a Beast.
Gilgamesh makes himself the rules (again).
And you get a stupid amount of quality buffs to beat the ever living **** out of Tiamat and her minions.
This was by leaps and bounds the best finale in FGO so far. It is the definition of "epic" and very fitting for the last singularity before Solomon. I couldn't wish for a better ending.

The only things I didn't like about Babylonia were Jaguar Warrior and Benkei.
Taiga's entire inclusion is bizarre to say the least and she really doesn't have any relevant moments past the jungle part (or the rescue of Quetz if you really want to count that). Based on the dialogue she is supposed to be a pseudo-Servant of Tezcatlipoca, the antithesis to Quetzalcoatl? Anyway it's hard to take her seriously, made even worse with her abrupt design changes.
Benkei on the other hand only exists to stop corrupted Ushiwakamaru. That's not much and despite his early introduction he is absent for most part of the story.

Difficulty-wise I would say that Babylonia is more consistently difficult than Camelot. Sure, the fights with the Knights of the Round Table are a huge difficulty spike due to their gimmicks but neither Quetzalcoatl's or the entire Tiamat's Awakening section are easy (screw you, Corrupted Ushi *shakes fist*).
The general mobs in this singularity are not to be triffled with and will take significantly more time to clear out due to their high HP pool. Especially the aforementioned Lahmu stand out in that regard being able to remove all of your buffs and then apply a Def debuff on top of that.
The final section is really easy in contrast to the other fights. The buffs are ridicilous and even with Tiamat's numerous debuffs you hardly feel it matter. Then again it's a refreshing change after the whole clone business with Ushiwakamaru.

All in all I loved this singularity. It has a great story, atmosphere and difficulty, so everything I can ask for.

EDIT:
I even forgot the best part of Babylonia. Void's Dust. It's one hell of a drug.

Edited by The Priest

24 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

The age of Merlin will begin soon, for better or for worse.

@Glaceon Mage Try using this drop table to find what you need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/view#gid=1676231111

I’ve seen that, I’m asking for the mat drop rates in the Solomon raids, ie how often does Barbatos drop hearts.

10 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

... Jingles, it's not that hard.
She wants the drop rates of the Demon Pillar fights during Solomon, not the best farming locations.

EDIT:
I don't think anyone recorded drop data. What I get from reddit so far everybody rushed the pillars so hard that DW even had to increase the HP of the Pillars midway through.
... considering that I would assume they are high? Aren't Pillar drops guaranteed anyway?

Edited by The Priest